The 2014/2015 Football (Soccer) Thread

markyosullivan

Well done Man U, despite what I've been saying recently about them, they looked good today. 433 suits them, Rojo Blind and Herrera are good signings, and Di Maria was taking control. I hope he's not another Ozil (started great, was once one of my favourite players, now looks way too lightweight and undetermined.) Tougher games ahead for Man U but I was pleasantly surprised. Could have a fun season of smashing the small clubs, and falling short of the big prizes, hohoho. Come on Liverpool!

I was about to say that Man U have a good looking team now and might be strong contenders for top 4, until I watched the Leicester comeback. Yes Cambiasso! I love that guy. And it serves Van Gaal right for sticking with Blackett, esp when he had Shaw on the bench. They are a top defender away from being a real force again. Hummels maybe or similar.

man u have no defenders capable to play a decent game. cant wait for January. also what happened with liverpool think they are missing suarez too much?

Also missing Sturridge through injury. And Agger... :weeping:

Also missing Sturridge through injury. And Agger... :weeping:

Agger has gone back to Brondby. Shame, I think I would trust him more than Sakho at CB, but not first choice now with Lovren in. Poor guy, hadn't played for the first team for ages. He's got a YNWA tattoo too.

Personally I can't wait till Flanagan is back, he looked really good last year.

Valencia was a gamble at 12m, but paired with Sakho, he could form a great partnership

Wouldnt quite say hes a gamble when Shane Long went for the same price. Valencia had a great scoring season last year and was Ecuador's best player in the WC

That

That was in Mexico though, England is a lot harder than Mexico. Shane Long is somewhat proven in the Premier League

That is true, almost anyone signing from a different league is a gamble due to the physicality and fast paced nature of the PL.

On another note, looking forward to seeing our new signings in person vs West Ham this weekend especial El Tigre!

O man, my spurs are worse than i was expecting this year. This month the only team we have managed to beat is Nottingham in the league cup and the worse news? This month is about to get even worse as we play Arsenal this week away........................................then again, if we beat them i will setting for all the heartbreak we got. The last loss to WBA was particularly demoralizing as we had just one shot on goal!

• Downvote 1

O man, my spurs are worse than i was expecting this year. This month the only team we have managed to beat is Nottingham in the league cup and the worse news? This month is about to get even worse as we play Arsenal this week away........................................then again, if we beat them i will setting for all the heartbreak we got. The last loss to WBA was particularly demoralizing as we had just one shot on goal!

don't start with all this nonsense again mate, give the manager and the boys a chance, it will take 3 years realistically to reap the benefits of new strategies, systems, players etc...i hate to say it but most Spurs fans seem to be eternal whingers that expect unrealistic results, if Fergie was at Spurs he would have got sacked before being given the chance to become Britain's most successful manager.

let's just stay positive and get behind the team wholeheartedly, if it's the same in 2 years we can re-evaluate the situation.

Unfortunately this is not the 80s or 90s. Managers are not given 3 years to prove themselves. It is at best 1 year or the boot.

Our performance today was good against Arsenal, at least in the defensive department. We made very few mistakes which was a massive issue for us in the past. Kaboul was particularly effective i felt, Loris was always covering spaces well and Rose was very tight as well. Either way, 1-1 in the Emirates is much more than what we usually get and a decent end to the month. We needed that result. In general i think that Poche knows what he is doing though, there were improvements in key areas since the last game, so lets see.

Chiriches is a ticking time-bomb, a mistake could happen at any point.... he needs to be taken out of the 2nd team and replaced by one of the youngsters (Milos Veljkovic) until he get's his head together.

Fazio on the other hand looks terrific, can't wait to see him partner Vertongen in the league!

• Upvote 1

Fazio on the other hand looks terrific, can't wait to see him partner Vertongen in the league!

I agree there, but Kaboul was a machine in his last game. He could be getting back to the form he had 2 years ago before all the injuries, he seems really fired up after being made permanent captain and the coach believes in him. I really liked Fazio though, vocal, strong, confident on the ball and in the air he is a magnet. He is actually a lot faster than i expected for his size. Anyway, i like that we have 3 very solid DC's at the moment.

Chiriches is a ticking time-bomb, a mistake could happen at any point.... he needs to be taken out of the 2nd team and replaced by one of the youngsters (Milos Veljkovic) until he get's his head together.

I also hear that Chiriches is also a bit of a drinker/party dog. I really have no idea why we got rid of a really solid young English prospect (i am talking about Cauker) to bring in an older Romanian which has not proven to be anything positive in the past year+. Trying Milos could be a good idea at this point or moving Dier to the center and playing Naughton (although i am not a massive fan of his, at least he is not a time bomb)