Ascension's OFFICIAL SMACK TALK PAGE

Official Ascension Heavyweight rankings

Champion : Maurice Vontavious Payne

Payne seized the vacant HW title in London today with a 5th round KO of Rude Moogle. Moogle was dominant in the first two

rounds before MVP was able to drop him with an uppercut no turn the fight around. MVP's next challenger will be the

dangerous Dexter Santeros.

1. Dexter Santeros

Santeros is the no doubt #1 contender. Many Ascension fans complained that he wasn't one of the contenders for the vacant

HW title in London. There's no denying the high level of success that Santeros has achieved in Ascension. He is undefeated

In 4 fights having finished three of them.

2. Robbie Luatua

Luatua is 2-0 in Ascension with both coming by the way of KO. On paper, he is the most formidable striker in the HW division.

Robbie came to Ascension in a rough spot in his career and has righted the ship. His next fight with Frankie Malone is a #1

contenders match.

3. Frankie Malone

Malone was 4-0 in Ascension and on the verge of a title shot before he was up-ended by Dexter Santaros. He got back on

Track with a win over Sota Sankari last time out. Frankie is known for his crushing power which will give him a path to victory

over Luatua despite being a sizable underdog.

4. Rude Moogle

Moogle saw his title aspirations slip through his fingers in London at Ascension 917. Despite putting on a grappling clinic in

first two rounds, he couldn't finish Payne and later fell victim to MVP's strikes late in the 5th round. Moogle's next opponent is

Undecided, but the winner of Baako/Wallace.

edit: sorry for the hinky formatting. I'll do this from my pc from now on. iPads suck dick.

• Upvote 4

Ascension MW Rankings

Champion: Jason Sturd Jr

Sturd has been nothing short of phenomenal in his Ascension career. He has been a dominant force in his 7 fights, taking the MW belt in his last fight and then defending it for the first time in London today. His next defense will be vs Arman Shaker.

1. Arman Shaker Shaker bounced back after dropping a decision to eventual champ Sturd with two decision victories. Those impressive performances, coupled with how close the first Sturd fight was has sold Ascension brass on giving him the next title shot. Shaker was coming on strong at the end of the first fight, it will be interesting to see how he fares in a five rounder.

2. Bary Allen JLP used his considerable influence to stave off retirement for Allen and convince him to drop to 185 for one last run at gold. Allen really needs no introduction. He had nice runs at both Troid and EVO. Hardcore fans are looking forward to seeing how he fares at a new weight class. His first fight is against ITFL veteran Matt Kroblur.

3. Esteban Scott Scott made his Ascension return with a win over Imzda Noob in a very close fight. Scott struggled in his first Ascension run, going 1-4 under different management. He has returned with a new manager and the drive to redeem himself. Scott is getting on in years, so if he is going to make a run at gold it has to be soon.

4. Hugues De Payens Their is no denying that De Payens has talent, as he held gold in both Infinity and Gamma. Hugues ran into a roadblock against the top of the division here, dropping three in a row at one time. He rebounded with a win over Niten Dōraku and has Harrison Yates up next.

5. Harrison Yates The youngster on this list, Yates has been on a impressive run since joining Ascension. He has won three in a row and is knocking on the door of a title shot. A win over a battle tested veteran like Payens will make it hard to deny Yates the title shot that he covets so much.

• Upvote 2

http://i59.tinypic.com/2wc1zzm.jpg

MVP here, and it feels good to hold the Heavyweight strap here in Ascension! The history here is amazing to think I am holding the same belt that was once held buy Ascension legends like Carl Creel and Victor Creed! I plan on keeping this title for a long long time!

Dexter Santaros your next!

• Upvote 1

Ascension Featherweight rankings

Champion: Shogun Iron Tyson

"The Ferocious Fighter" has a sparkling 3-0 record in Ascension, all by TKO. Most pundits had him as the underdog in his last two defenses, Tysonreveled in proving them wrong with wins over Monteban and Crane. He is known for his high level boxing and legendary durability. His next challenge is 10/12 vs Guzman.

1. Dzuzaska Guzman

Guzman comes from the Clown camp. A renowned home of gritty veterans, misfit castoffs and jet planes. Guzman has competed at EVO and Death Squad recently, so he is no novice when it comes to competing under the big lights. Guzman received his title shot after defeating Raylan Crowder at Ascension 924.

2. Ricardo Monteban

EPL veteran Monteban rode his impressive performance in season ten to an Ascension title shot. He came up short vs Tyson, but didn't fall too far down the rankings. Monteban has the best track record in ascension, so he may be only a win or two from a title shot. His next match is vs the always dangerous Edward Scissorhands.

3. Edward Scissorhands

After a rough start in Ascension, Edward changed management and ended his 3 fight losing streak with a decision over Pedro Lopez at Ascension 921. A motivated Scissorhands is definitely a contender at 145. A win in his next fight vs Monteban will likely earn him a title shot.

4.Ichabod Crane

Crane has had a solid run at Ascension, going 3-2 with the only losses to Tyson and Crowder. He will need to string a few wins together in an increasingly tough FW division to get another shot at the strap. That's a very distinct possibility for this very violent, all action fighter. His next fight is vs the debuting Umbertto Soto Jr.

5. Pedro Lopez

Another EPL veteran, Lopez has struggled since his time in the tourney concluded. He lost to Scissorhands and Monteban, two top tier fighters so nothing to be sad about there.

• Upvote 1

Ascension official welterweight rankings

Champion: Dean Duggan

Duggan has gone an impressive 5-0 in Ascension, defending the 170lb strap once since wresting it from Eddie Clark. Dug gains a skilled all around fighter but primarily relies on his volume striking and durability to win fights. Duggan hasn't finished an opponent in Ascension competition yet and faces perhaps his stiffest test next in the heavy handed Achilleo Katsidis.

1. Achilleo Katsidis

Katsidis is one of General Manager JLP's marquee free agent signings hoping to make a big splash at Ascension. Achilleo is an EVO veteran, going 3-2 there against top competition. He has big power in his strikes, but his chin has been called into question by being stopped by KO in all 4 of his defeats.

2. No For Gay Jesus

Gay Jesus came up just short in his title fight, losing a close decision to Duggan at Ascension 924. Ascension staff is still high on the striker, one of the younger fighters at 170 and has given him a stiff challenge in the veteran Tantalus Flay. An impressive. Win ther could put him rights back in the title picture.

3. Daniel Mosby

Mosby came to ascension from PFC on a 3 fight winning streak and promptly extended it with a triangle submission over fellow import Xenophobus. Mosby is one of the few grapplers near the top of the Welterweight rankings, and with his youth, ascension staff has high hopes for him. His next fight is against Manolito Damhuis.

4. Manolito Damhuis

A less ballyhooed PFC import, Damhuis impressed big time in his Ascension debut, stopping I Am by strikes in the 2nd round. Damhuis is more well rounded than Mosby, but comes from a camp renowned for its grappling acumen so that fight will be the most interesting when it hits the mat. The winner of that clash will likely be in line for a #1 contenders match.

5. Tantalus Flay

The epitome of "Grizzled Veteran" Flay has been battling in the fight game for a long . "The Tyrant" has been bouncing between different camps lately trying to find former levels of greatness. He lost his last fight vs former Ascension WW champ Eddie Clark In his retirement fight. With the influx of young talent at WW it will be fascinating to see if Flay can regain past glory.

• Upvote 5

Ascension LHW rankings

Champion: Sergej Valentinovich

Sergej has every thing a top level striker needs, good pop in his hands, durability and elite striking. He has put the whole package together for an impressive run at Ascension, 3-0 in title fights. The Russian has taken the mma world by storm, but faces his sternest get yet vs the legendary Thiago Renato at Ascension 1017.

1. Thiago Renato

Renato really needs no introduction. He was arguably the most dominant lhw in the game in 2014 and early 2015, racking up many marquee wins and multiple title runs in Syn and Heroic. Renato took a brief sabbatical to star as Chong Li's adopted son looking for revenge in Bloodsport 22. Before that he had won three in a row in Ascension and booked himself a title challenger role.

2. Marti Molski

Molski has gone an impressive 3-1 in Ascension, his only loss a cunthair close decision loss to Renato at Ascension -1. The Finn hating Finn is probably one win away from securing a title shot of his own. The man standing in his way is Joe Ruden.

3. Don Clones Jr.

"Darkness" fell just short in his first career title fight, succumbing to strikes vs Valentinovich. Clones was hanging with him the first two rounds before the champ turned up the pressure and put him out at the end of the third. Ascension management remains high on clones, and they are excited to see him return to the cage and work on making another run at the title. His next opponent is Lyle Frettwell.

4. Devil Anse Hatfield

Hatfield mad an impressive debut in Ascension, sinking in a guillotine on Sungwon Jung at the end of the second round. Despite a relatively short career, Hatfield has been in the cage with aformidable array of opponents. He doesn't have a fight scheduled yet, but is only a couple more wins from title contention.

5. Lyle Fretwell

Fretwell will be making his Ascension debut in a very tough fight with Clones jr at Ascension 1029. Fretwell cut his teeth at Highland Games and is known for his submission grappling expertise. He hasn't shown the best chin, so it will be interesting to see how he navigates the heavy hitters at LHW.

• Upvote 2

3. Don Clones Jr.

"Darkness" fell just short in his first career title fight, succumbing to strikes vs Valentinovich. Clones was hanging with him the first two rounds before the champ turned up the pressure and put him out at the end of the third. Ascension management remains high on clones, and they are excited to see him return to the cage and work on making another run at the title. His next opponent is Lyle Frettwell.

You and me both :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

Ascension official bantamweight rankings

Champion: Da Skrumbo

Skrumbo has savaged the BW division in his brief stint. He seized the title from Zoran Markovic in his debut with a 5th round KO punch and the stopped Peter Taphorn in the 4th with strikes. Skrumbo has exceeded expectations at Asension and he hopes to keep that trend going when he faces off against a dangerous opponent at 1109 in Guzman.

1. Dzuzka Guzman

A veteran of both Evo and DeathSquad, analysts new Guzman would make waves at Ascension and he certainly did. Guzman defeated the tough veteran Raylan Crowder in his debut and then was granted a title shot at FW against the surging Shogun Iron Tyson. Tyson edged him in a controversial split decision. Guzman's next fight will be against the heavy handed BW champ, Da Skrumbo.

2. Zoran Markovic

The former champ is itching to get another shot at Skrumbo and is on the verge of gaining that opportunity. After defeating Steve cox with relative ease, he accepted a title eliminator against the surging KK Brewer.

3. KK Brewer

After taking a sabbatical from mma, Brewer came back with a vengeance and beat the tough veteran Timmy the Gangster. Although he's a relative newcomer somewhat forgotten by the fickle fan base, ascension has fast tracked him to title contention. His next fight is a huge step-up in a title eliminator vs former champ Markovic.

4. Justus Sheehan

Sheehan comes in ranked at #4 despite not yet making his Ascension debut mostly due to his veteran status and championship pedigree. Sheehan has held belts in three separate orgs in hi pre Ascension career. He makes his debut vs Yong Wright at 1119.

5. Steve Cox

Cox has an even record in Ascension, but his losses have come to the better grapplers in the BW division. Cox is still young and gas all the tools to make a run if he can learn to avoid submissions a little better.

• Upvote 2

"The Ferocious Fighter" Shogun Iron Tyson (230034)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14400283294481.jpg

Shogun Iron Tyson once again defended his Ascension Featherweight Title for the 4th straight time, and once again made a huge statement.

Although Tyson's opponent did land accurately with leg kicks and jabs, Iron Tyson battered Edward Scissorhands with heavy right hands bombs and uppercuts throughout 4 rounds, with the finish coming 10 seconds into round 5.

Tyson scored 2 brutal knockdowns with beautiful combinations in round 2, but Scissorhands showed amazing heart to survive and started to look to rejuvenated in the 4th round. Scissorhands knew he needed a finish and rushed in and missed with an uppercut just as the opening bell rang in round 5, but Tyson landed his famous overhand Tysonbomb and put Scissorhands to sleep.

Shogun had his to say post fight..

"I don't got much to say ya know? It's a fight, fuck it, I knew I'd smash his head in.. I'm pumped right now but I'm always agressive and I'm ready to keep going, I want to hit him for 20 more rounds."

"Olympics are next I think, I know they will just run and try to outpoint me, it's fucking garbage and I'll knock the shit outta them, I don't play that point fighter shit, I'm gonna smack them around and see if they can survive the beating of a lifetime.

I really want Superfights with Other org Champions or Ascension Champs but they even bigger bitches.. Hey Steroidy Unchained where you at bro? Dumbo Skrumbo where you at punk? No one wants to fight me, especially not these other paper champs. I defended my Belt and had this belt the longest of anyone, I'm the ultimate lighterweight Champion of the World."

Very harsh words from the brash Canadian, who obviously isn't satisfied yet.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...