Live control of fights...

MMATycoon

Nah i could see this turning into one big shit storm when the org owners come out angry because fighters are rejecting fights because they have work that day, or i can't fight in LA as its 2am here in the UK.

Not to say its not a good idea, its a great idea. It just won't be worth the clusterfuck it will create.

• Upvote 1

I think this is silly as shit. Between work, school and real life sitting around with my thumb in my ass at 3 am in the morning on a thursday just to bark commands at a fighter sounds incredibly retarded.

• Upvote 2

I think that this would be a pretty massive shakeup to the way that the game works. I think it has real potential to be something fun and exciting, but as many people have said, it might not work as a game-wide thing due to people not being able to be online during their fights.

I have a few ideas for this. Now none of them have been thought through, so some could be good and others could be bad. I'd love to hear feedback from Mike and from others on these ideas. Obviously, these ideas are independent of each other, not all in one system.

Idea #1

We could have a "live fight" Island season to trial it, figure out what some of the bugs are, and see exactly how many people sign up thinking they will be online, then get angry because they couldn't.

Idea #2

We could have a "live fight" option for orgs. All fighters who sign to a live fight org would know what they are getting into, so they can't complain. Rankings could be together or separate from the current rankings depending on what the community thinks is best.

Idea #3

Now we are getting to the interesting ones. We could finally implement corner men, but in a much different way than anyone had thought. If you are going to be online for a fight, you could corner your own fighter, changing tactics in between rounds and whatever else we can control. If you can't, you can get one of your alliance mates to corner for you. If you can't find a close friend or alliance mate to do it for you, you could hire a public corner man. These would be people who offer to corner a fighter in a certain city on a certain day. There would have to be stats kept on all corner men, including wins, losses, and number of times they no showed a fight. This way, people wouldn't hire a guy who constantly agrees to be online, and then isn't.

Idea #4

Run fights one at a time, so that one person can corner multiple fighters on the same fight card. This would really strengthen alliances and networking in this game.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I think that this would be a pretty massive shakeup to the way that the game works. I think it has real potential to be something fun and exciting, but as many people have said, it might not work as a game-wide thing due to people not being able to be online during their fights.

I have a few ideas for this. Now none of them have been thought through, so some could be good and others could be bad. I'd love to hear feedback from Mike and from others on these ideas. Obviously, these ideas are independent of each other, not all in one system.

Idea #1

We could have a "live fight" Island season to trial it, figure out what some of the bugs are, and see exactly how many people sign up thinking they will be online, then get angry because they couldn't.

Idea #2

We could have a "live fight" option for orgs. All fighters who sign to a live fight org would know what they are getting into, so they can't complain. Rankings could be together or separate from the current rankings depending on what the community thinks is best.

Idea #3

Now we are getting to the interesting ones. We could finally implement corner men, but in a much different way than anyone had thought. If you are going to be online for a fight, you could corner your own fighter, changing tactics in between rounds and whatever else we can control. If you can't, you can get one of your alliance mates to corner for you. If you can't find a close friend or alliance mate to do it for you, you could hire a public corner man. These would be people who offer to corner a fighter in a certain city on a certain day. There would have to be stats kept on all corner men, including wins, losses, and number of times they no showed a fight. This way, people wouldn't hire a guy who constantly agrees to be online, and then isn't.

Idea #4

Run fights one at a time, so that one person can corner multiple fighters on the same fight card. This would really strengthen alliances and networking in this game.

It really would, if I were a Public Corner Man and the guy I'm cornering would fight one of my friends, I would definetly fuck the sliders up :)

• Downvote 1

Idea #1

Idea #2

Idea #3

Idea #4

On the idea of a corner man, how about being able to have one of your retired fighters as a cornerman?

While there would be less networking between people, it also lowers the risk of someone deliberately messing up someone else's fight.

Maybe have his ability as a cornerman be decided by things like his intelligence and his skills. Would stop people from just making a fighter and retiring him to be a cornerman since he will only be good in one department.

On the idea of a corner man, how about being able to have one of your retired fighters as a cornerman?

While there would be less networking between people, it also lowers the risk of someone deliberately messing up someone else's fight.

Maybe have his ability as a cornerman be decided by things like his intelligence and his skills. Would stop people from just making a fighter and retiring him to be a cornerman since he will only be good in one department.

That is the idea that has been floating around for years and years. I like it more than live control of fights. However, there must be a reason why Mike has never done it. Either it is too much work, or some other reason we don't know. If Mike doesn't want to or can't give us retired fighters as corner men, then I think the live corner men idea is worth at least thinking about to examine the pros and cons.

Quite a lot of best P4P Tycoon fighters are stupid. He just simply doesn't protect that cut and doesn't go for the finish when opponent is rocked sometimes, but that doesn't mean he's fucked. When one of the hiddens is weak (Intelligence this time) the other is strong (let's say KO power). So no, even if he has a cut as wide as a hookers pussy, he might murder his opponent with one shot :)

This isn't necessarily true. You can have a lot of very weak hiddens or a lot of very strong hiddens. Some fighters are monsters and some are duds. So just because you have a very smart fighter, it doesn't mean he will not have a granite chin and KO power, it's just rare.

I like the current format I think this game is immersive enough that you don't need to add such an interactive feature. Its good to have the element of surprise when you check your results. Plusd as everyone has already said GMT differences would make it somewhat impossible for it to be fair.

• Upvote 3

I can see a problem... Internet drop, work, mom calling... All when you thought you would be able to bark, you can't then what? Why not implement corner men? What about the gods of fight wolr which number in the hundreds who have 14's+ in all primaries and then 15++ physicals across the board?

:OMG:

Can't believe this is actually a discussion. There's a lot of stuff that could be added that would "improve" the game in so many ways. This would be the best way to destroy it.

Pretty sure I saw somewhere a discussion about having different tactics per rounds? Even that would be hard, since only veteran managers would get the hang of those.

But back to the topic, this is the worst suggestion ever. Sorry Mike.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

:OMG:

Can't believe this is actually a discussion. There's a lot of stuff that could be added that would "improve" the game in so many ways. This would be the best way to destroy it.

Pretty sure I saw somewhere a discussion about having different tactics per rounds? Even that would be hard, since only veteran managers would get the hang of those.

But back to the topic, this is the worst suggestion ever. Sorry Mike.

No it wasn't. Adding death to the game was.

• Upvote 3

I wish there were some way to change tactics mid fight to exploit a weakness that comes up or something like that, but rarely can I be online for my fights. Maybe an "If x happens, change sliders to y" kind of set-up. The current engine is good though.

No no, this is. I'd rather have a fighter die once in a while than lose all my fights because I wasn't there during the fight.

Mike never said that it would apply to all fights. I agree with you that it is not high on the priority list, but if it was made to only apply to "live fight" orgs, similar to the way that there used to be QFC orgs, it could find its niche market.

Using retired fighters as corner men, plus different tactics per round would probably be a better way to increase strategy, though. As for veteran managers understanding how to use it more than new managers: that is true in every game. Veterans are generally more skilled than new players. Then the new players learn and become veterans. The unfair advantages for veterans are the ones that allow them to buy advantages.

Mike, you asked "would" we want it separate from the game, you cant hold that against us

Wow, thanks for understanding. +1 to you bud.

Mike, if everyone understood it the same way, it means you're a little too vague with your suggestion. If you want to get people's opinion, just be clear and explain where you're going with this.

Now I'm just pissed for no fucking reason.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2