It's offical Eddie Alvarez Vs Donald Cerrone at UFC 178

PBR

Just a few hours after his previous employer announced his unconditional release, Eddie Alvarez already has a new gig lined up -- and it might sound just a little bit familiar.

The UFC announced on Tuesday that Alvarez will square off with Donald Cerrone in the UFC 178 co-main event on Sept. 27. Sherdog.com first reported on July 30 that Cerrone-Alvarez was in the works for that card. However, last week the promotion announced that Cerrone would face Bobby Green, not Alvarez, at UFC 178.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Eddie-Alvarez-to-Make-UFC-Debut-Against-Donald-Cerrone-in-UFC-178-CoHeadliner-72105

http://www.ufc.com/news/Eddie-Alvarez-UFC-Fighter

• Upvote 1

I am curious to see Eddie Alvarez, I didn't see any of his fights, but his record looks very good, and I know Cerrone will push him to max so it will be an very interesting fight.

Oh my god go watch his fights vs Chandler immediately.

• Upvote 1

Just rewatched Eddie/Chandler 1 myself. So good. Shame he's fighting Cerrone, I think he's too hittable still and if he gets dropped against Cerrone he's getting finished.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Cerrone will win this somehow ... he is on a streak nowadays

I want Eddie to get the win, been a fan of his for a while but to be realistic he still gets rocked in every fight, I know it's usually played up as no big deal but I really think it's the biggest hole in his game right now and a guy like Cerrone would be the guy to put him down for it. Eddie still hits like a champ so I'd put the odds near even, maybe a bit in Cerrone's favor but none the less I expect a great fight and I really hope Eddie can pull this one off.