what are we calling the twitter thing?

MMATycoon

yeah if mike wants a law suit on his hands, somebody already uses the name for an internet show called Twatter.

That would be a tough one to file, this guy would have to show it's actually harming his business. I have never heard of Twatter so it can't be all that popular.

WTF is this all about? I thought we wanted Michael spending time doing things that NEED to get done, no?

Michael, why do you always work on these oddball issues then say you don't have the time for the other bigger fixes people beg for? I'm not trying to be a dick, typical dick thing to say I know, but dude. I mean c'mon bro.

Light your torches boys, I've given you some ammo.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

WTF is this all about? I thought we wanted Michael spending time doing things that NEED to get done, no?

Michael, why do you always work on these oddball issues then say you don't have the time for the other bigger fixes people beg for? I'm not trying to be a dick, typical dick thing to say I know, but dude. I mean c'mon bro.

Light your torches boys, I've given you some ammo.

Easy there fella. This topic is not everything that Mike is doing atm lol. Mike just said somewhere that he is about finished with a major update to the game engine etc which should come out pretty soon.

back to topic: TheHive and Buzzing sounds good to me.

For the record, and for clarity, the light your torches bit was for forum goers to come at me, not Michael. Bro(s).

It didn't work lol,you have to go into the improvements thread and beg for female fighters, fighter arrests and vampires or something and then the torches will be lit and hurled in your direction.

• Upvote 2

http://i.imgur.com/WX7LitF.jpg

just adding a little meat to the bones of thehive idea, i think it could definatly work. plus it then makes the messenger a unique entity rather than a twitter rip off, even though it will be a twitter rip off lol

• Upvote 2

I don't see how Hive or The Hive has anything to do with fights or MMA. It just reminds me of honey/ bees/ wasps. You're trying too hard to link something which is irrelevant to the Buzz name.

who said it has to relate to fights or MMA? its a social media resource within an mma game, that doesnt mean it has to relate to mma, its just a feature

who said it has to relate to fights or MMA? its a social media resource within an mma game, that doesnt mean it has to relate to mma, its just a feature

Okay well honestly I couldn't imagine a social network called Hive, unless it was for honey lovers or something.

Buzz, Chirp, Chatter all make sense because they relate to social stuff, well Buzz not so much but it relates to hype / excitement.

It doesn't have to, but it should. This game has absolutely nothing to do with bees, so naming after bees is pretty silly.

Also, the suggestions of what to call tweets, retweets, etc is VERY premature and shouldn't come into the decision of what to name this feature. It should be a name that quickly and succinctly summarizes what it is: a Tycoon/MMA-themed microblogging system.

Okay well honestly I couldn't imagine a social network called Hive, unless it was for honey lovers or something.

Buzz, Chirp, Chatter all make sense because they relate to social stuff, well Buzz not so much but it relates to hype / excitement.

Fair enough we are just spit balling at this stage anyway I like buzz or chirp bit again they aren't MMA related, the hive is also the name of the underground lab in the resident evil franchise. The logo I made wasn't to say I had the best idea I was just adding to what I had said. buzzer would work best ia think

I will just add one thing though, don't take everything so literally. Of course this game doesn't relate to bees I mean come on, really? Did you really just say that? There's all sorts of places called the hive such as fancy bars and restraunts they don't only serve alcohol to bees. A hive suggests a meeting place or activity hotspot never heard the term a hive of activity? Meaning somewhere is busy or popular for crying out loud what goes on in your minds.

• Upvote 1

That would be a tough one to file, this guy would have to show it's actually harming his business. I have never heard of Twatter so it can't be all that popular.

well he gets Tens of thousands of views if that means anything. and also wouldn't that count as stealing somebody intellectual property whether it effects then business of not??? especially if it's something related to the same subject.

• Downvote 1

well he gets Tens of thousands of views if that means anything. and also wouldn't that count as stealing somebody intellectual property whether it effects then business of not??? especially if it's something related to the same subject.

Oh well tens of thousands, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That gives him a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee financial base in which to file an internet lawsuit on. Tens of thousands of views, that must be worth 6 figures in internet money.

Oh well tens of thousands, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That gives him a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee financial base in which to file an internet lawsuit on. Tens of thousands of views, that must be worth 6 figures in internet money.

Mike can bribe judges with tycoon cash and VIP time ^^

Yeah, maybe Icon73 do a version of What What (In The Butt) with a 9 year old boy starring to make lots of internet money and fight the good fight on behalf of tens of thousands of views. That would give him the edge over Mike.

• Upvote 1