How much notice do you need for the fight engine changes to go live?

MMATycoon

NC's suck. I have been complaining about them for at least 4 years. Great addition Mike.

Anyone coming into a fight against a top manager with 90% energy or less is going to lose so a larger energy hit is pointless.

Anyone who hasnt scheduled a flight has likely not set his sliders either so you are pretty much fucked at that point.

Yes, it sucks winning that way IMO.

Agreed.

• Downvote 1

I need to redo the fight ratings - they're not working well at all under the new scoring system. FYI for those who don't know, the fight rating is just cosmetic. There is a similar thing calculated separately that impacts event ratings but the one you see on the fights in the grey box is just cosmetic.

scrap NCs due to being in the wrong location. Instead you will be teleported to the right location and get a 10% hit to energy and morale but the fight will still take place.

Ok, so that makes sense and there's still reason to have a jet. But, is there still going to be NC's for being over weight? And escpecially as they might be caused by the energy loss. That's been the dumb thing to begin with.

• Upvote 1

Ok, so that makes sense and there's still reason to have a jet. But, is there still going to be NC's for being over weight? And escpecially as they might be caused by the energy loss. That's been the dumb thing to begin with.

I do wanna increase the amount you can cut in the sauna, with a sliding scale of energy loss.

So many reversals that this sreally sucks...Ratings 22-26% sucks. I was having almost all the time 100% or close with my fighters. Even more not understanding this game and loosing my first three fights after changes sucks even more. It's really made me thinking of quiting this. Game should be fun and when You give so much time for it and get a result like that...it's not. With so much not understanding "how this could be possible"...

Tough to left the game with 20 slots, priv gym and jet, 1,5mln on account and almost one year of VIP but what can I do. Still game in my opinion should be fun and more rely on someone's efforts and time spending :-) Sorry for my language. Thanks.

If the Fight rating box doesn't mean anything then what is the point of having it LOL I would have rather you never told us that it was useless, kinda just ruined a minor part of the game for me. I dont know about anyone else but I liked having a back and forth fight be rated 100% or close to it instead making me feel like the fight was boring as fuck and being 60-70% I just dont see why you even work on something if it was "useless" as the time spent on it would also be "useless"

• Downvote 2

mike, why don't you just load the right formula into the fight rating grey box... you said there's a right one that adds up to the event rating, right? is that an easy thing to do?

Nah, that one's not a 1-100 rating and it wouldn't translate to that either. It's no biggy, won't be much brainpower to fix it.... probably :P

• Upvote 1

If the Fight rating box doesn't mean anything then what is the point of having it LOL I would have rather you never told us that it was useless, kinda just ruined a minor part of the game for me. I dont know about anyone else but I liked having a back and forth fight be rated 100% or close to it instead making me feel like the fight was boring as fuck and being 60-70% I just dont see why you even work on something if it was "useless" as the time spent on it would also be "useless"

I've said right from the start that it was just cosmetic. It gives you an insight into the fight engine scoring and your opponent's level of aggression / damage, so it's not useless... it just doesn't have any direct impact on your fighter's hype increase after the fight.

I've said right from the start that it was just cosmetic. It gives you an insight into the fight engine scoring and your opponent's level of aggression / damage, so it's not useless... it just doesn't have any direct impact on your fighter's hype increase after the fight.

It does? Still new, so let me get this right then. High rating = both Fighters might have been on high aggression and damage?

Yes it does mean that fighter was the most entertaining, basically it was the one with the most points per minute. Points per minute are / were determined on levels of activity and damage.

I'm just working on the new one now so that these are still factors but we'll also include closeness and fight length.

Mike I've noticed that the REVERSAL word/symbol appears after the reversal is mentioned in text. With the others like TAKEDOWN, REF STANDUP, etc the word/symbol appears first, which is good - it is a surprise when it happens. With the REVERSAL its already been mentioned so not a surprise. Hope you catch my drift!

• Upvote 3

MFN just ran an event where the highest rated fight was 56%.

Here's the event commentary

I'm not complaining... but was just curious if the fight rating calculation has changed since the new engine has been implemented. I've run many events and never seen one this low. We even had 2 fights that were 19%, which is also a new thing for us (i think).

Edit : I just read this part so it sounds like something is in the works :

I'm just working on the new one now so that these are still factors but we'll also include closeness and fight length.