Getting back into the game.

jacky67

RP is great, and I think you are rather closed minded to say that Jacky never did any RP j666.

He most certainly did and some of the better RP we have seen on these forums. Jacky himself was a crazy character who was the greatest of all time in his own mind and spoke that way all the time. I guess it's bad that he skipped out on some bets and trolled ppl that way as well as many other instances of trolling but all in all he turned it around eventually and was quite a funny person all along anyways (if at times a bit intentionally provocative but that is the name of the game).

That is my opinion I suppose. Oh internet you crazy thing where people are able to express their individual opinions! How great art thou!

I guess you have a grudge against him because of something he said which I am sure he did not mean in the first place.

He may not be a genius but he offers way more wit than most users in this forum.

Stop hating and be happy we have someone back man!

I said this in one of the other threads but Castor and Jacky are pretty similar, actually they are pretty much exactly the same. Jacky use to be the Castor of the forums with everyone hating on him for his constant trolling and bullshit but along the way he grew on everyone and ended up as a kind of Chael Sonnen of tycoon. Now though everyone acts as if jacky is some kind of genius when really he was just like castor is now.

Jacky backed it up.

I think this is how most of us feel about Le Goat's antics:

http://youtu.be/i28UEoLXVFQ

If Jacky ever does come back, there's no guarantee he'll be as successful as he previously was, there's been quite a few changes to the fight engine since he past played.

I would be interested to see if he could do well despite him being away for so long. He could prove himself by making an Island fighter in the 135lbs division...

damn some of u guys really missed out on the "old days'' of the game when rp was prevalent, there was such a huge buzz around the fighters...and no one really talked about "the engine" so much. such a mystique about the game. u woulda loved it.

At the very start of the game 3-4 months before I started and few months after it was all about understanding how the engine works AND rp some guys have done epic forums rp (juice malone and plenty I don't remember the names ak47...) before me and that really got me into reading the forums. Of course fighter could fight with strong primary and be in top p4p.

When Snake The Pendulum was unbeatable someone started to cry about fight engine and "forced" mike to change it.

So can someone pm Mike asking humors unban, I can't pm log in on my account witout going vip and don't want buy it for nothing.

So can someone pm Mike asking humors unban

Why are you determined for him to be unbanned? Do you not remember what he was like?

You're nothing special, so stop acting like it. You also wouldn't be able to compete with the guys who manage the top fighters in the game at this time. I know you used to be #1 manager in the game but that was then, this is now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

RP is great, and I think you are rather closed minded to say that Jacky never did any RP j666.

He most certainly did and some of the better RP we have seen on these forums. Jacky himself was a crazy character who was the greatest of all time in his own mind and spoke that way all the time. I guess it's bad that he skipped out on some bets and trolled ppl that way as well as many other instances of trolling but all in all he turned it around eventually and was quite a funny person all along anyways (if at times a bit intentionally provocative but that is the name of the game).

That is my opinion I suppose. Oh internet you crazy thing where people are able to express their individual opinions! How great art thou!

I guess you have a grudge against him because of something he said which I am sure he did not mean in the first place.

He may not be a genius but he offers way more wit than most users in this forum.

Stop hating and be happy we have someone back man!

everyone knows I have no beef with jacky, even jacky. we've talked several times in chat on a non-troll/non-flame level and I've always said that he is totally different than his non-rp trolling.

I just prefer when people do the rp style, as my many interviews and stories have shown, but yeah...he was way more active than most forum posters, that's for sure. the fact that he was actuall a good manager really helped that as well.

but I never said I don't want him to come back. I absolutely want him to come back. hell, I'll even take humors back for it to happen cuz humors is a non-issue when u use the ignore function hahaha.

everyone knows I have no beef with jacky, even jacky. we've talked several times in chat on a non-troll/non-flame level and I've always said that he is totally different than his non-rp trolling.

I just prefer when people do the rp style, as my many interviews and stories have shown, but yeah...he was way more active than most forum posters, that's for sure. the fact that he was actuall a good manager really helped that as well.

but I never said I don't want him to come back. I absolutely want him to come back. hell, I'll even take humors back for it to happen cuz humors is a non-issue when u use the ignore function hahaha.

I see what you're saying.

But I will not neccessarily agree with humors coming back. For one thing I do not find him funny. Secondly he is 30 times more annoying than jacky ever could be. Thirdly he never stopped his bad behaviour and he does this kind of bs to anyone whenever he wants and it's just not right.

That being said, come back jacky and show the tycooniverse again the fury of LeGoat! And forget about humors. The things he did are pretty much past the point of redemption.

• Upvote 2

Why are you determined for him to be unbanned? Do you not remember what he was like?

You're nothing special, so stop acting like it. You also wouldn't be able to compete with the guys who manage the top fighters in the game at this time. I know you used to be #1 manager in the game but that was then, this is now.

Jacky owned GG...

Edit: In fact, Who the fuck are you? At no point in this game ever has anybody said "remember that thing marky did."

Check your fucking tone when you talk about a pioneer of tycoon because you aren't even close to being one.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

Wow, you sure are making some pretty big claims there. How do you know what he will do or how he can compete. Just because things change does not mean it is now impossible to become relevant in this game once again. You've been playing for four years and the best you've ever been is 33, you really don't have a place to talk. Things have changed in this game many many times and it takes adapting, skills, and luck in order to get back and be a legit threat in this game. Don't be so quick to lay your judgement down and declare someone not special. Especially when you have never held the top spot in this game yourself

• Upvote 2

From my point of view, I understand why a lot of users don't want humors back. I get that. He actually does love this game though, as much as any of us who've stuck around for this long. As j666 said, there is an ignore option. I know mike is totally anti humors and who can blame the guy after all he's put up with from him and the rest of us. I believe that humors has seen where he went wrong now though. This cool down period is just what he needed. I guarantee no more nasty shit from him like he's done in the past. Ill put my account on the line. I say let him have one last go at it. If he fucks up again, ban him. Its ultimately up to mike, but I think if more users got behind it mike would maybe reconsider and if it all goes south its free money for mike.

From my point of view, I understand why a lot of users don't want humors back. I get that. He actually does love this game though, as much as any of us who've stuck around for this long. As j666 said, there is an ignore option. I know mike is totally anti humors and who can blame the guy after all he's put up with from him and the rest of us. I believe that humors has seen where he went wrong now though. This cool down period is just what he needed. I guarantee no more nasty shit from him like he's done in the past. Ill put my account on the line. I say let him have one last go at it. If he fucks up again, ban him. Its ultimately up to mike, but I think if more users got behind it mike would maybe reconsider and if it all goes south its free money for mike.

I see a goodbye thread in your future. But not too worry, I highly doubt he will be allowed back

Wow, you sure are making some pretty big claims there. How do you know what he will do or how he can compete. Just because things change does not mean it is now impossible to become relevant in this game once again. You've been playing for four years and the best you've ever been is 33, you really don't have a place to talk. Things have changed in this game many many times and it takes adapting, skills, and luck in order to get back and be a legit threat in this game. Don't be so quick to lay your judgement down and declare someone not special. Especially when you have never held the top spot in this game yourself

Spoken like a true beast

Jacky owned GG...

Edit: In fact, Who the fuck are you? At no point in this game ever has anybody said "remember that thing marky did."

Check your fucking tone when you talk about a pioneer of tycoon because you aren't even close to being one.

GG? Who or what is GG?

Why would you consider Jacky a "pioneer" of Tycoon? What was he the first to do, that nobody else did before him?

Perhaps you don't really pay attention around these parts but I'll list just a couple of things I've done in over 4 years of being a part of MMA Tycoon:

- Running the MMA Tycoon Facebook account

- Running the MMA Tycoon Twitter account

- Running the MMA Tycoon Google+ account

- Got the MMA Tycoon Radio going again, this time in the form of a podcast (although only 2 episodes released so far). This involves practically everything, from messaging lots of MMA Tycoon managers asking them if they'd want to be on the show and what time suits them, to recording it, hosting it and editing it by myself (although EzekelRAGE looked over my editing after the first one). One thing I didn't do was the intro and exit and I'm thankful to the guy who did it. Can't remember his name because he was in contact with Mike about it.

- Ran 3 career threads for my fighters, the latest of which can be found here: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46164

- Continue to post on a regular basis on the smack talk threads

- Was basically one of the only active moderators at a stage while others temporarily left or just left completely

- Still a moderator of the forums albeit not moderating as actively as I previously was

- Secured a sponsorship deal for MMA Tycoon which seen us sponsor a professional MMA fighter called Leroy Barnes who was fighting on a live Cage Warriors event which was broadcast on TV in numerous countries and also streamed online. Spent my own money on this as I seen it as a gamble, a gamble which didn't pay off because he got beat pretty quickly in that fight.

Unfortunately, I don't find myself with as much free time as I used to and so I'm not as active as I would like to be especially in regard to running the social media accounts, but we might be getting some people from here to help with the running of them. I also find it hard trying to get dates which suit everyone to record the podcast as the only times that suit me are either Friday / Saturday or Sunday. A lot of planning goes into the podcast and unfortunately due to my busy schedule recently I haven't got round to recording one in 2 months nearly.

But yeah, I have had in the past people complementing me on how I did a good job doing this, or how they enjoy my career threads or whatever. I've never felt the need to post something like this before and I hope this will be the last time someone questions what I do in regards to MMA Tycoon. I'm not one to boast and say " I'm amazing, I do all of these things look at me! ", I get on with what I do and I keep it to myself. If people complement me, it gives me the encouragement to keep going and to keep doing what I'm doing as I know I'm doing a good job.

I wouldn't be able to Moderate the forums by myself or run the podcast by myself because it'd be pretty boring and so there's a lot of people out there that I'm so grateful for helping me with these things and I always try and thank them. I don't say it too often to the Moderating team that I work with but the guys who we have atm are awesome, we've got guys all across the world who try and stop any of the bullshit trolling / insulting when it appears.

...So groovemonkey, what have you done? I'm pretty sure I've never heard anyone go "remember that thing groovemonkey did?" I know I certainly haven't.

I don't know how he'll do, I'm just putting my thoughts out there, if anything I'm hoping my comments will make him determined to prove me wrong so he'll come back to become a full time manager again. This guy has been away for over a year and there's been quite a few changes since then. He could come back and do really well yeah, but nobody knows for sure what will happen. Who knows he might come back and never reach that #1 spot again.

Yes I've been playing for 4 years and "only reached 33 in the world" but if I really wanted I probably could just sign up my fighters to guaranteed win fights for them and beat cans until I reach that #1 spot. Would I have a place to talk if I did that?

So I don't agree with you, I feel I have a place to talk. I've played this game for 4 years, non stop. Never left and then came back 6 months or a year down the line. I've been around seen the rise and fall of some great fighters. Despite being an active manager for 4 years, I wasn't always active on the forums and I think I started to become more active on the forums after a couple of months of playing but I'm not sure, so I did miss some of the stuff the old timers talk about from time to time.

I said what I said because I don't like the way Jacky has come back in demanding we allow humors to play again and if we do he'll come back as his coach. It doesn't matter who you are, if you come in expecting everyone just to be like " *fan squeal* He's back OMG, we must do exactly what he says!" it isn't going to happen.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

GG? Who or what is GG?

Why would you consider Jacky a "pioneer" of Tycoon? What was he the first to do, that nobody else did before him?

Perhaps you don't really pay attention around these parts but I'll list just a couple of things I've done in over 4 years of being a part of MMA Tycoon:

- Got the MMA Tycoon Radio going again, this time in the form of a podcast (although only 2 episodes released so far). This involves practically everything, from messaging lots of MMA Tycoon managers asking them if they'd want to be on the show and what time suits them, to recording it, hosting it and editing it by myself (although EzekelRAGE looked over my editing after the first one). One thing I didn't do was the intro and exit and I'm thankful to the guy who did it. Can't remember his name because he was in contact with Mike about it.

- Ran 3 career threads for my fighters, the latest of which can be found here: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46164

- Was basically one of the only active moderators at a stage while others temporarily left or just left completely

- Still a moderator of the forums albeit not moderating as actively as I previously was

- Secured a sponsorship deal for MMA Tycoon which seen us sponsor a professional MMA fighter called Leroy Barnes who was fighting on a live Cage Warriors event which was broadcast on TV in numerous countries and also streamed online. Spent my own money on this as I seen it as a gamble, a gamble which didn't pay off because he got beat pretty quickly in that fight.

Unfortunately, I don't find myself with as much free time as I used to and so I'm not as active as I would like to be especially in regard to running the social media accounts, but we might be getting some people from here to help with the running of them. I also find it hard trying to get dates which suit everyone to record the podcast as the only times that suit me are either Friday / Saturday or Sunday. A lot of planning goes into the podcast and unfortunately due to my busy schedule recently I haven't got round to recording one in 2 months nearly.

But yeah, I have had in the past people complementing me on how I did a good job doing this, or how they enjoy my career threads or whatever. I've never felt the need to post something like this before and I hope this will be the last time someone questions what I do in regards to MMA Tycoon. I'm not one to boast and say " I'm amazing, I do all of these things look at me! ", I get on with what I do and I keep it to myself. If people complement me, it gives me the encouragement to keep going and to keep doing what I'm doing as I know I'm doing a good job.

I wouldn't be able to Moderate the forums by myself or run the podcast by myself because it'd be pretty boring and so there's a lot of people out there that I'm so grateful for helping me with these things and I always try and thank them. I don't say it too often to the Moderating team that I work with but the guys who we have atm are awesome, we've got guys all across the world who try and stop any of the bullshit trolling / insulting when it appears.

...So groovemonkey, what have you done? I'm pretty sure I've never heard anyone go "remember that thing groovemonkey did?" I know I certainly haven't.

I don't know how he'll do, I'm just putting my thoughts out there, if anything I'm hoping my comments will make him determined to prove me wrong so he'll come back to become a full time manager again. This guy has been away for over a year and there's been quite a few changes since then. He could come back and do really well yeah, but nobody knows for sure what will happen. Who knows he might come back and never reach that #1 spot again.

Yes I've been playing for 4 years and "only reached 33 in the world" but if I really wanted I probably could just sign up my fighters to guaranteed win fights for them and beat cans until I reach that #1 spot. Would I have a place to talk if I did that?

So I don't agree with you, I feel I have a place to talk. I've played this game for 4 years, non stop. Never left and then came back 6 months or a year down the line. I've been around seen the rise and fall of some great fighters. Despite being an active manager for 4 years, I wasn't always active on the forums and I think I started to become more active on the forums after a couple of months of playing but I'm not sure, so I did miss some of the stuff the old timers talk about from time to time.

I said what I said because I don't like the way Jacky has come back in demanding we allow humors to play again and if we do he'll come back as his coach. It doesn't matter who you are, if you come in expecting everyone just to be like " *fan squeal* He's back OMG, we must do exactly what he says!" it isn't going to happen.

Marky you're a great guy and you do a whole lot around here. You don't have to prove yourself to these unappreciative assholes. Don't let them get to you with their useless half-baked cliquey comments.

• Upvote 5

GG? Who or what is GG?

Just a testament to your patience, how many people could really put up with me, not only for 1, but 2 podcasts that were happening for 2-3 hours each?

Being high in rank isn't the only factor in a person's ability to judge others.

• Upvote 4