Adapt To Fight & Prediction Sliders thread

Scooby

Ok the fight took place and Im going to have to say, I LOVE THIS DAMN PREDICTION STUFF!!!!

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o552/dnacanes/p3_zps275119fe.png

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o552/dnacanes/80b4ac62-1aa6-4030-83df-d010d14a15a8_zps5824d02d.png

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o552/dnacanes/P2_zps7fcc838b.jpg

• Upvote 2

Hes ranked #5 now in our weight class in the org and I stuffed 32 takedowns and 8 clinches in the standup. Really the prediction wasnt a hard one as I noticed hes never thrown a punch at the head rarely at the body and had 7 wins by Submission. I was also able to stuff 5 of his takedowns in the clinch (predictions dont count there) for a total of 37 takedowns stuffed! On the ground where predictions also dont play into it I prevented 100% of his improve positions attempts (4 of 4). I think I could have KO'd him but this seemed like an easier win and a good test for the prediction sliders :thumbup:

Leg kicks and body punches probably didnt help him with speed or td attempts either (Id think) :ph34r:

Edit: Its really not rocket science how I set my sliders (but Im still not telling)... there were things I needed to prevent so I set my sliders to help do just that.

I could be being completely dumb here. I see you set all the prediction sliders in the above fight.......but doesn't ticking 'adapt to fight' mean he ignores your sliders and try to figure it out himself? (depending on intelligence)

Adapt means he starts with your predictions as a starting point and adapts from there.

Edit pt2: Just re-aquainted myself with the Wiki rules and info on prediction sliders and I get it all again. Thanks Mike.

Giacomo is by far my smartest fighter, but now that the Adapt To Fight option is available, I'll give that a go with a couple of other fighters who have very good Intelligence to see if I notice any differences in their tactics for the fight, should the fight last long enough for that to be a factor and measurable of course

At this time I dont think I'll use the prediction sliders unless I see a clear pattern in my oponents tactics, or there is a certain move I am wanting to avoid like a takedown or clinch...

If I set these tactics to avoid a takedown and he never tries one my guy will most likely be waiting for it in round one and be catching kicks punches etc. because hes worried about a takedown so it may backfire in those situations.

At this time I dont think I'll use the prediction sliders unless I see a clear pattern in my oponents tactics, or there is a certain move I am wanting to avoid like a takedown or clinch...

If I set these tactics to avoid a takedown and he never tries one my guy will most likely be waiting for it in round one and be catching kicks punches etc. because hes worried about a takedown so it may backfire in those situations.

Which is precisely why you would click the 'adapt to fight' option.

• Upvote 1

Which is precisely why you would click the 'adapt to fight' option.

Yes that option would pull your fighter out of an ass whoopin,

But dependent on his intelligence and how you set your shig.

These (intelligence and shig) are critical in getting your fighter out of trouble if your sliders are wrong. :yes:

New guy here, but I believe that I have felt the other side of this One fighter with a re-occurring tactic (predictable), suddenly goes soft and mushy, with low success. (out of Character). OR he coulda been THAT much better than me and I Imagined the rest,...I guess my jury is still out

Im wondering if... for example... you are fighting a takedown artist

And You predict 100% takedown attempts and he actually goes 33% takedown attempts, should/is that more effective to avoid a takedown then predicting 33% takedowns?

Because essentially all you are telling your fighter to do is, look for takedowns

• Upvote 2

New guy here, but I believe that I have felt the other side of this One fighter with a re-occurring tactic (predictable), suddenly goes soft and mushy, with low success. (out of Character). OR he coulda been THAT much better than me and I Imagined the rest,...I guess my jury is still out

Send me the fight Kanis...

Well it will be a mystery until X amount of fights and testing... We can make a few fighters and do a test in the future if you like. But doing it this way will only answere a few of my questions and could take a good year give or take.

Maybe we should make a list of questions we want answered then start working at them.

Im wondering if... for example... you are fighting a takedown artist

And You predict 100% takedown attempts and he actually goes 33% takedown attempts, should/is that more effective to avoid a takedown then predicting 33% takedowns?

Because essentially all you are telling your fighter to do is, look for takedowns

It is more effective at stopping takedowns, but you have to uncheck "Adapt to fight" to keep your fighter from adapting to the fight and lowering his TD defense bonus and adjusting.

The cost of this is that your fighter becomes more vulnerable to all other attacks, but not so much so that it will allow someone with a large skill disparity to overcome this and KO you. If you try this against someone who actually has standup skills with some parity to yours, expect to get clowned.

It is more effective at stopping takedowns, but you have to uncheck "Adapt to fight" to keep your fighter from adapting to the fight and lowering his TD defense bonus and adjusting.

The cost of this is that your fighter becomes more vulnerable to all other attacks, but not so much so that it will allow someone with a large skill disparity to overcome this and KO you. If you try this against someone who actually has standup skills with some parity to yours, expect to get clowned.

I wouldnt recommend using the prediction sliders without checking the box... The adapt box cant hurt you as it adjust to what is going on in the fight so if he is trying takedowns it will still keep you looking for them while also help your fighter defend against his other tactics during rounds 2 and 3.

From the wiki:

Adapt to fight

This tickbox dictates whether your fighter will adapt to what's actually happening in the fight, or stick to your pre-fight prediction. Ticking it means they will adapt to the reality of the fight.

I look at the box kind of like a bit of insurance to get my fighter back on track in case Ive predicted wrong.

• Upvote 1

I wouldnt recommend using the prediction sliders without checking the box... The adapt box cant hurt you as it adjust to what is going on in the fight so if he is trying takedowns it will still keep you looking for them while also help your fighter defend against his other tactics during rounds 2 and 3.

From the wiki:

Adapt to fight

This tickbox dictates whether your fighter will adapt to what's actually happening in the fight, or stick to your pre-fight prediction. Ticking it means they will adapt to the reality of the fight.

I look at the box kind of like a bit of insurance to get my fighter back on track in case Ive predicted wrong.

I am pretty sure that the tickbox can actually hurt you at times, mostly when your opponent is very one dimensional. Lets assume that predicting 100 percent takedowns from an opponent gives you a better chance of stopping a takedown vs 33 percent, even if your opponent is only doing takedowns 33 percent of the time, simply because your guy is always looking for your opponent to do a takedown, even if he is only doing takedowns 33 percent of the time.

Also from wiki

If you want to leave this(Adapt to fight) unticked, you can use this tactically, i.e. if you only really want to stop a takedown you can move sliders to predict a high level of takedowns by your opponent and your fighter will be on the lookout for takedowns, therefore defending them better than any other attack. Of course, this means he'll be worse at defending all the other offense from your opponent but if you don't think that matters, it's a possible tactic

If your standup skills are much better than your opponents, your defenses are so overwhelming that even if you set your takedown prediction to 100%, they still can't hardly hit you in a meaningful way. I don't want my fighter to adapt to block their punches and kicks because they are so ineffective as to be meaningless, even if I have made myself more vulnerable by predicting 100% takedowns. Adapting would mean I am giving up some of my takedown defense to defend their punches and kicks that don't matter in reality, and that is exactly what I don't want.

This mostly comes into play against the whole Useless Boxing, Useless MT, Respectable Wrestling, Wonderful BJJ types who have no punches or standup offense, but are deadly if they can get you down to the ground.

• Upvote 1