Yoga and strength

aylib

Yoga is a very underestimated training technique. Its biggest advantage is the extremely low energy use. It allows a sort of break in a heavy training week while still giving gains to several physical stats.

Yoga is a very underestimated training technique. Its biggest advantage is the extremely low energy use. It allows a sort of break in a heavy training week while still giving gains to several physical stats.

I agree, plus it is very useful on flexibility. Wish it did the same for balance. You get a good boost but not like flex. in my experience

• 6 years later...

Here are the 9 Benefits of yoga.

• Yoga improves strength, balance and flexibility. ...
  • Yoga helps with back pain relief. ...
  • Yoga can ease arthritis symptoms. ...
  • Yoga benefits heart health. ...
  • Yoga relaxes you, to help you sleep better. ...
  • Yoga can mean more energy and brighter moods. ...
  • Yoga helps you manage stress. ...
  • Yoga connects you with a supportive community.

If anyone wants to learn yoga from experts then I would suggest you to please do visit Arhanta yoga they provide yoga classes from experts. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, zackmartin11 said:

Is it worth doing weights/Yoga/Cardio? 

Weights and Cardio are pretty much mandatory, to get Strength and Conditioning up much from where you start them, and even if you don't start them low you'll eventually want to.  That's what the supplements for muscle and stamina are for, is for Weights/Cardio training.  Yoga I think some do and some don't, but I think it's the fastest way to gain Flexibility, since there isn't "Circuit Training (Flexibility)" as there is for Speed, Agility, and Balance, though Circuit Training (General) will raise Flexibility along with other physicals, I'm pretty sure.  It might even raise Strength/Conditioning some, too..

21 hours ago, Bynum said:

Weights and Cardio are pretty much mandatory, to get Strength and Conditioning up much from where you start them, and even if you don't start them low you'll eventually want to.  That's what the supplements for muscle and stamina are for, is for Weights/Cardio training.  Yoga I think some do and some don't, but I think it's the fastest way to gain Flexibility, since there isn't "Circuit Training (Flexibility)" as there is for Speed, Agility, and Balance, though Circuit Training (General) will raise Flexibility along with other physicals, I'm pretty sure.  It might even raise Strength/Conditioning some, too..

It does. Runnng strength/cardio supps during CT gen will increase your gains as well.

On 5/15/2021 at 5:54 PM, Bynum said:

I wouldn't say cardio is absolutely necessary to train. Cardio is being subtley trained with most training and experience in fights (especially going the distance in 3 or 5 minute fights, the longer you go the more cardio is trained), so with that in mind, you can get more cost effective training by doing general circuit training to get several gains on other physicals at the same time.

This way I save time and training sessions by not focusing on the cardio training and using it for other things while knowing that cardio is being gained no matter what as time goes on. I know that eventually, and no matter what, given enough time and experience my fighter will reach pretty much max level cardio.

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2021 at 3:45 PM, BigTree said:

It does. Runnng strength/cardio supps during CT gen will increase your gains as well.

So, if I do General CT and use strength supp, I should get additional strength gains, as if I were doing strength training? Same for stamina? However, if you don't use an energy supplement, wouldn't you kill your energy that much faster and have to rest more? As is, I could have elite conditioning and use 160q energy and still have to rest once to stay above 90 energy....Since i haven't used anything other than energy supp... Would the need for an additional rest day be there if I used strength or stamina supplement?

On 6/24/2021 at 1:05 PM, XxxtremeT13 said:

So, if I do General CT and use strength supp, I should get additional strength gains, as if I were doing strength training? Same for stamina? However, if you don't use an energy supplement, wouldn't you kill your energy that much faster and have to rest more? As is, I could have elite conditioning and use 160q energy and still have to rest once to stay above 90 energy....Since i haven't used anything other than energy supp... Would the need for an additional rest day be there if I used strength or stamina supplement?

Yes, and same for Stamina. It's less of a gain than lifting weights or doing straight cardio, but your other physicals also get work. And Yes, CT does draw quite a bit of energy and some rest may be needed depending on the cardio of the fighter. Personally, for development fighters I usually stick to either cardio or weights w/ the proper helping supp and as those are raised I switch to more circuits using usually strength supp as my guys cardio start high.

• Upvote 1