Cocaine Is A Hell Of A Drug

Rampage4real

And wait, from what Im reading on the internet...he won't be punished? O.o

People got FIRED because of weed and UFC won't punish a guy caught with coke? Talking about double standards...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

And wait, from what Im reading on the internet...he won't be punished? O.o

People got FIRED because of weed and UFC won't punish a guy caught with coke? Talking about double standards...

He's #1 star in the ufc, they won't punish him.

Jon Jones could literally shoot every kid in an orphanage, spit in Dana's face and rape Lorenzo's son and they would still support him... It's a fucking joke, one rule for one fighter, one rule for another.

First his in cage tactics (eye pokes)

Then the DUI

Then when he shoves Sholler out the way to punch DC in that conference meeting thing

Then even more in cage tactics (eye pokes)

and now he's a crackhead

Great... What a role model!

They would sack anybody else, but not golden boy Jones..

• Upvote 4

Jon Jones could literally shoot every kid in an orphanage, spit in Dana's face and rape Lorenzo's son and they would still support him... It's a fucking joke, one rule for one fighter, one rule for another.

First his in cage tactics (eye pokes)

Then the DUI

Then when he shoves Sholler out the way to punch DC in that conference meeting thing

Then even more in cage tactics (eye pokes)

and now he's a crackhead

Great... What a role model!

They would sack anybody else, but not golden boy Jones..

Morally, yeah, it is a disgrace how they are reacting to this

From a business point of view, he is still a huge draw for them, and in fact, this controversy will probably only bring in even more PPV buys for his next event. Dana wanted him to be the bad guy more, saying he needed to show his natural persona more. A controversial champion is one who will bring in more buys than a nice guy. They are following the money here

Only thing I see legit as defense for him...is that sport figures aren't paid to be role models. Society thinks they are some sort of role models, but unless you are born with certain gifts - like JBJ, who is just build for stuff he does - you can't "become" superstar in any sport. Well, of course you can make your way to UFC, NBA, NFL, MLB or whatever you like to play if you work hard, but remember - someone has to fight on those prelims, or someone has to play while LeBron, Durant or Curry has to rest. UFC has now 564 fighters under contracts. Can you name at least top 10 of each "original" weight classes (from LW to HW)? And that would still be only 50 of them - and I doubt many of us can do it WITHOUT ANY help. So there is bunch of guys that worked hard their entire lives and it didnt quite pay out, did it?

You can treat him as role model or not - it's up to you - but the fact remains - he broke the rules and should be punished for it. They can't fire him, because tomorrow Bellator would be all over him, blowing him and getting him whatever he wants, just to sign him. But you still can strip him, or suspend him (both would be nice).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Didn't really expect that, some of the fighter reactions have been classic on Twitter.

Have to agree with those that have said if he was in a lower position with the company then he might well have been treated differently rather than applauded for seeking help.

He's in a pretty unique place where he can almost do what he wants now. I think judging by his character and how we seem to be seeing the real Jon Jones over the last few years he probably knows it and thrives upon it. I bet he feels like a God, unbeatable and untouchable. I am Jon Jones and I am going to do whatever the fuck I like and if you don't like it there is nothing you can do about it, inside of the cage and outside of it.

On another note some of the images in this thread are making me piss myself, keep them coming.

• Upvote 1

Let's put it this way. If he didn't get caught in the tests for cocaine, would he have sought help? No, he is just trying to save face by going to rehab

There is a good chance that he would have gone on an intensive Muay Thai course in Thailand or other plausible excuse if he hadn't been caught but someone on his management/the UFC had suspicions.

http://www.bjpenn.com.3sj1.spdl.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/550x396xmeme-header.jpg.speedilic.ic.HimSW6wPb5.jpg

http://www.bjpenn.com.2sj1.spdl.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/550x676x10462729_836002316442613_6596095908797383995_n.0.jpg.speedilic.ic.MsxY0ULc82.jpg

http://www.bjpenn.com.3sj1.spdl.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/jonjonescoke.0.jpg.speedilic.ce.xCZPVqmty8.jpg

http://www.bjpenn.com.1sj1.spdl.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/400x318xZhcKPtV.jpg.speedilic.ic.99euYNw12W.jpg

• Upvote 2