Pick'em Fight League (PFL 1 - Jan 2015 to June 2015)

DavyJones

I actually found out that there is a conflict of interest regarding pick'ems because of the implementation of Wisdom of the Crowds. Basically its counter productive to have lots of people looking at each others predictions. So I don't think there will be a second season of this unless we changed the pick'em system where people submit picks via PM. I kinda meant for this to be as little work as possible for me (really all I had to do was create a thread, mine the scores of the already existing pick'ems and gather some prize pool money) so I don't really want to go that route where I have to gather and score picks as well. Sounds like a lot of coordination and too much extra time required.

I wasn't told to shut er down or we had to stop doing pick'ems or anything like that, this season will still go ahead as planned since its already in motion and I've gathered too much prize pool to stop now. I just wouldn't be able to continue on with this after season 1 with a good conscience knowing there was a conflict of interest.

P.S. thanks for the donation Caleb613 and ScoobyAli that brings the current Prize Pool up to 1 million + 295k :)

I actually found out that there is a conflict of interest regarding pick'ems because of the implementation of Wisdom of the Crowds. Basically its counter productive to have lots of people looking at each others predictions. So I don't think there will be a second season of this unless we changed the pick'em system where people submit picks via PM. I kinda meant for this to be as little work as possible for me (really all I had to do was create a thread, mine the scores of the already existing pick'ems and gather some prize pool money) so I don't really want to go that route where I have to gather and score picks as well. Sounds like a lot of coordination and too much extra time required.

I wasn't told to shut er down or we had to stop doing pick'ems or anything like that, this season will still go ahead as planned since its already in motion and I've gathered too much prize pool to stop now. I just wouldn't be able to continue on with this after season 1 with a good conscience knowing there was a conflict of interest.

Not going to lie.........I think it's a ton of B.S. that we cannot continue this. We had the Pick'em around way before WoC and at least we have prizes (I know prizes will eventually be put in place for WoC). Don't want to hurt Mike's feelings, but Wisdom of Crowds is a bit more work than the Pick'em and some of us just don't want to put in the effort, so this gives us another avenue.

Side note......I do understand that this isn't shutting down the Pick'em contests themselves.

• Upvote 3

yah that's stupid...WOC isn't that good and annoying. There's little to no money in it unlike this. WOC favors people that pick no brainers and nothing else... well I'm not using WOC anymore.

Stopped using it a few events ago and I agree with your point on only picking no-brainers.

Keep in mind as well that Mike didn't come into this thread or any other pick'em thread and say anything at all about it, and may never have. He didn't even PM me or anything, it was me who PM'd him and we had a short discussion about it afterward. Felt like that needed to be said before everyone runs out to grab their pitchforks and torches. ;)

Keep in mind as well that Mike didn't come into this thread or any other pick'em thread and say anything at all about it, and may never have. He didn't even PM me or anything, it was me who PM'd him and we had a short discussion about it afterward. Felt like that needed to be said before everyone grabs their pitchforks and torches. ;)

I understand where you're coming from. I'm not reaching for my pitchfork just yet. Just voicing my opinion on which option I prefer and why.

yep and I understand but i ask you not to use my artwork for this "unofficially unappreciated mmatycoon thread" since this is not in total interest of "Bike" anyone using one piece of my artwork to deface a man as good as "Bike" is a horrid person and deserves none of my attention or time....please keep my money but i don't want to be involved in the contest since "Bike" says this BS contest isn't more important than his shit show that is WOC is

that means get rid of the PFL banner in your sig...and Duck Bike and his lackies..and that i would never do artwork for anyone in convicted ever again

• Downvote 1

yep and I understand but i ask you not to use my artwork for this "unofficially unappreciated mmatycoon thread" since this is not in total interest of "Bike" anyone using one piece of my artwork to deface a man as good as "Bike" is a horrid person and deserves none of my attention or time....please keep my money but i don't want to be involved in the contest since "Bike" says this BS contest isn't more important than his shit show that is WOC is

that means get rid of the PFL banner in your sig...and Duck Bike and his lackies..and that i would never do artwork for anyone in convicted ever again

Sure no problem, I'll get rid of the banner. But why the hostility toward myself and convicted all of a sudden? It makes no sense at all. If I suddenly said I wasn't doing it anymore I would understand but PFL 1 is still going ahead as planned. Also my alliance isn't tied to this in any way, shape or form. It's not like I tried to sell you penis cream or anything.

Anyways, let's get back on track. good luck in this week pick'ems. Prize pool is up to 1 million + 285k

Sorry guys I got side tracked with work this week and haven't updated in a couple days. Thanks to ScoobyAli and Kole for your donations, I added your names to the OP. Everyone better get your picks in ASAP because the prize pool is now up to a total of 1 million + 410k. If you miss todays UFC 183 pick'em your chances of winning the pot will be slim.

UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz
(Jan 31, 2015)

UFC 183 Silva vs Diaz Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings:

Sassano 10-1
DeadlyDirk 10-1
rdalycolts 9-2
bjornmma1 9-2
kenlow73 8-3
detonator 8-3
Caleb613 8-3
TheDude 8-3
Ramirez 8-3
JCRaven 7-4
handgrenaide 7-4
Manta 7-4
Kole 7-4
DavyJones 7-4
GBK16 7-4
JLP 7-4
Gonzasco 7-4
shiftas 6-5
FallenFlyer 6-5
Fatback 6-5
Beck 6-5
Fallen.Angel 6-5
ScoobyAli 6-5
Grasman 5-6
Rain 5-6
PBR 5-6
Deuce7 5-6
MR.Tycooner 5-6
warlord 5-6
splosh300 4-7
TheWolf 3-8
Jacman 3-8

with Weidman getting hurt, the Rousey fight is now the main event for 184.

• 3 weeks later...

Time to give this thread a bump as the 2nd event of this league is coming up soon. If you missed the first event your chances of winning the pot is probably slim but I'll still add everyone who makes picks to the overall standings. Pot is at 1 million +335k. The pot is big enough that I'm not going to actively ask for more donations but if anyone wants to sweeten the pot just let me know!

UFC 184 Rousey vs Zingano Pick'em

Saturday February 28

So this is only the numbered PPV events?

Yeah that's right. They seem to get the most attention. The fight night cards aren't always very active, for example tonights fight night only had about half the amount of people participate as the last numbered PPV event. 32 people made picks for UFC 183, hopefully UFC 184 will have around the same turn out.

Yeah that's right. They seem to get the most attention. The fight night cards aren't always very active, for example tonights fight night only had about half the amount of people participate as the last numbered PPV event. 32 people made picks for UFC 183, hopefully UFC 184 will have around the same turn out.

Yeah i missed this one because of work