European Premier League ( New season! )

bjornmma1

I've put it in the second post of the thread now :)

haha cheers although i kinda wish you didnt now, I am just realising how difficult the second half of this tournament will be for me. Fuck.

NYFN EPL 0.4 Preview

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1431156913posterEPL2.jpg

Madison Garden Area In New York is the place to be on Sunday night when the warriors of English Premier League invade for the fourth event in the EPL series. Some fighters still boast undefeated records in EPL while others are still in search of their first win. Emotions are sure to be running high as the fighters settle into the grueling EPL schedule while battling fatigue and injury. Let's take a look at this week's match ups:

"The Jammin' Ninja" Juan Corrida (34-19-1 overall, 2-1 EPL) and Sami Vasara (29-17 overall, 0-3 EPL) will get things started when they square off in the first fight of the evening. Corrida picked up his second win of the tournament in his last outing, scoring a TKO with less than a minute remaining in the fight. He relied heavily on his grappling skills and is very likely to continue that trend as he seeks to string together back to back wins. Vasara has been a human punching bag of sorts thus far in the tournament. He has yet to record an EPL and has been knocked out in all three tournament appearances. Vasara relies largely on his stand up skills, but he has been clearly overmatched. He is going to need to keep his hand up and proceed with caution if he has any hopes of putting away Corrida.

Synchronicity bantamweight champion, Charles "The Hammer" Martel ( 56-21-1 overall, 1-2 EPL) was able to snap a two fight losing streak in his last fight by picking up a unanimous decision victory. Martel is a striker who wants no part of going to the ground with his opponents. At 44 years old, Martel continues to amaze fights fans with his longevity in the sport. Opposing Martel will be Rafael Santa Cruz (26-19 overall, 0-3 EPL), who enters desperately seeking the formula for an EPL win. Santa Cruz is an accomplished striker who likes to wear his opponents down with leg kicks while mixing in carefully placed punches. When needed, he has shown the ability to go to the ground and submit his opponents. With his reputation and pound for pound ranking suffering with each additional loss, Santa Cruz is liable to pull out all the stops against Martel.

Jean-Marc Mormeck (26-20 overall, 2-1 EPL) and Melvin "Dark Seer" Manhoef (34-20 overall, 0-3 EPL) will meet in the cage for the third fight on the card. Mormeck saw his EPL win streak come to an end in his last outing when he suffered a nasty TKO loss. He punishes his opponents with leg kicks seeking to wear them down so that he can drag them to the ground and pursue a submission. Manhoef is yet another fighter who has failed to impress in his time with EPL. While he has shown himself to have a good gas tank by going the distance in all three fights, he has come up short on the judges' scorecards each time. Manhoef can hold his own on the ground but has most often tried to utilize the clinch to neutralize his opponents. It remains to be seen if he will once again try to take his opponent deep into the fight or if he will adjust his strategy based on his relative lack of success in EPL.

Following losses in his first three EPL appearances, Pablo Alvado (11-6 overall, 0-3 EPL) was apparently picked clean off all of his money and then dumped by his manager. His morale is absolutely in the toilet and he is going to have a difficult time getting his head right to pose any real threat to his opponent Idi oCrazy (13-4 overall, 2-1 EPL). Alvado has shown tremendous power in his hands and may be able to land a lucky punch, but it would be safe to say that he is likely to struggle. oCrazy has looked very good in his EPL appearances, having picked up two impressive wins and then losing his most recent fight to a very solid opponent. With solid hands and bruising ground and pound skills, oCrazy is poised to get back on the winning track.

The fifth fight features on of the fighters who has emerged as a favorite to win it all. Umbra Uxxarest (19-8 overall, 3-0 EPL) has been incredibly impressive in all three of his EPL wins. After knocking out his first two opponents, Uxxarest showed fantastic endurance and grappling skills in his thrid fight to keep his win streak alive. He is a very well rounded fighter with strong stand up skills and the ability to grapple with the best of them. He is on a roll and is going to be difficult to stop. Trying to slow Uxxarest's momentum will be Dennis "Ares" Oppelaar (25-22-1 overall, 0-3 EPL), who has seen his fortunes go in the opposite direction. Oppelaar has been knocked out in all three of his EPL appearances and some genuine concerns have been raised about his safety. Oppelaar has been called a one trick pony for his reliance on takedowns and ground and pound. Against an opponent the caliber of Uxxarest, he is going to have to significantly raise his game to have a fighting chance.

Seeking his fourth straight EPL win in the sixth fight on the card, Cormac Gutz (24-14-2 overall, 3-0 EPL) will take on "The Blond" Katsu Higashikuni (33-17-1 overall, 2-1 EPL). Gutz is a tremndously skilled striker with heavy hands and scary good clinch work. While he has the ability to flash his power on occasion, he is perfectly content to outwork his opponent and walk away with a decision. Gutz was on a torrid losing streak entering the EPL tournament and to the surprise of many, he has emerged as a darkhorse contender to win the tournament. Higashikuni has looked good in the tournament but got clipped for a TKO in his second tournament appearance. He came back with a strong win in the last round of the tournament and is not looking back. "The Blond" will undoubtedly be looking to work his tremendous ground game to control Gutz and try to steal a win.

Zackary "American Hero" Finyard (11-7 overall, 0-1 EPL) was a late entrant to EPL and failed to impress in his first tournament fight. After securing an early takedown, the referee stood the fighters back up due to inactivity. Finyard desperately tried to get the fight back to the ground, but was unable and ultimately paid the price. Finyard is a wild striker who struggles with accuracy at times and lacks decisive power. If he can get his opponent to the ground, he has the ability to grind out a decision. "The Troll" Ilafat Urskilz (20-11-1 overall, 1-2 EPL) will try to be sure Finyard's stay in EPL continues to be an unpleasant one. He has been on the short end of two unanimous decisions in the tournament and will most certainly be looking to end this fight in dramatic fashion. Urskilz is a very good striker who packs some power behind his punches and is quite competent in the clinch. It will be interesting to see if Finyard can bounce back and secure a win or if he will wilt in the EPL spotlight.

The eighth fight will be a match up between Richard Callaghan (41-21-3 overall, 2-1 EPL) and "The Pink Panther" Boris Gregorovitsj (19-11 overall, 2-1 EPL). Callaghan took a loss in his first EPL fight but has bounced back strong with two straight impressive wins. He is confident is his abilities and believes that he is a contender despite the loss. Make no mistake about it, Callaghan is a pure striker who likes to stand and bang. He is an aggressive striker with flashes of power that can change a fight in the blink of an eye. Gregorovitsj scored a blinding knockout in his first tournament fight before losing a tough decision in his second appearance. He bounced back strong with a Fight of the Night worthy win in his last fight that he'll be looking to build on. Like Callaghan, Gregorovitsj likes to stand and trade leather. This one is very likely to be a crowd pleaser!

John Jamison (15-8 overall, 2-1 EPL) comes into the co-main event looking to recapture the momentum that slipped away from him in his round three tournament loss. Jamison started out strong in the tournament, picking up consecutive wins over two very worthy opponents, only to fall short in his most recent fight. Jamison is a master of the ground game and will undoubtedly be looking to get his opponent, Karl Socha (27-10 overall, 3-0 EPL) to the floor. Socha has yet to experience defeat in EPL and has used his proficient striking to secure his position as one of the top fighters in the tournament. He overwhelms his opponents with flurries of punches and kicks and has superior striking defense. Socha has an incredibly durable chin but four of his ten losses have come by submission. With Jamison having eight submission wins to his credit, we can expect this battle to be a traditional striker versus grappler affair.

The main event will be a matchup between "The Cancrusher" JD Wildstein (28-9-2 overall, 3-0 EPL) and "Kishi Kaisel" Yuya Shimizu (20-7-1 overall, 2-1 EPL). Wildstein has gone the distance with each of his opponents in EPL but has looked impressive in doing so. Having suffered only one loss and one draw in his last thirteen fights, Wildstein is the hottest fighter in this tournament. He has proven himself to be a precise and technical striker, using both his hands and feet with equal effectiveness. He has never been knocked out and does a phenomenal job of defending himself. Currently the 71st ranked pound for pound fighter in MMA, Wildstein is a force to be reckoned with. Shimizu has put his power on display in this tournament having knocked out his last two opponents. He is a tremendous striker who has impressive power. With fourteen of his twenty seven career fights going to decision and Wildsteins propensity to work for decision, it would not be a surprise to see this one go the distance.

• Upvote 3

The late night show with Jimmy Fallon and Guest star Juan Corrida

http://oi62.tinypic.com/33m6esj.jpg

Jimmy:.....And tonight our star guest on the show, I give you world famous Martial Artist, Juan Corrida!

(the crowd give a big cheer as Juan takes his seat next to Jimmy...)

Jimmy: Welcome Juan, its a pleasure to see you, lets get right to the questions that everyone has come here to hear!

So first off, you have a fight tomorrow night here in NYC, talk about that and how the EPL tournament is going so far?

Juan: Well, so far the tournament has been okay, I am 2-1 although I think most would agree that the judges made the wrong decision in the Socha fight. I felt more in control than ever in that fight and the fucking referee would stand the fight back up as soon as I took Karl down... I don't know where they get these idiots from but in my eyes and most of the fans eyes, that fight was mine. Perhaps Socha paid a few certain people off for that extra W on his record.

As for my next opponent, he sucks. 3 fights in the tourney and has been knocked out 3 times haha! He is an embarrassment to the tournament and I have no idea what he hoped to achieve by joining this thing. So in short he is going to get his ass kicked tomorrow night.

Jimmy: I couldn't agree more about the Socha fight, everyone was shocked at the outcome and more so the terrible referee. Anyway onwards and upwards as they say! I also want to ask you about your management over your career, you've gone from camp to camp, why is that?

Juan: Ye not a whole lot to say on that really, Mannetosen took me in for a long time and started my career where I was pretty successful. He let me go eventually for some reason - I dunno why!? Then Gary White who also got rid of me for whatever reason and now Daly has me under his wing and I believe he can give me the best opportunity to mark my name down in history by entering me into EPL. He has faith in me and I respect that. So cheers to him! (sips his whiskey).

Jimmy: Well I hope all goes well for you and Daly. Its not gonna be an easy tournament but we all have faith in you Juan. The fans here in NY love you so they will be rooting for ya! In fact I hear you have some books being published about your life, let the people know what we can look forward to...

Juan: Ye its true I have a book and a movie coming out soon... My autobiography 'I guess it takes Juan to know Juan' should be released next month and Brazzers will be releasing my debut adult entertainment movie called 'Hit me baby Juan more time' .

Anyway, make sure y'all watch it, its gonna be a blood bath... And ye the fight tomorrow night should be okay as well...Peace amigos!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

So, with the deletion of Cliff Biff, his fighter Alvado can be considered withdrawn. I sent out a couple feelers to try and get that spot filled to no avail. I think that, rather than giving guys a bye in that division, I will enter Quentin DeBramalo in Alvado's place. I'll probably regret it because he will be the youngest guy by a large margin and he'll be starting with a 1-3 record.

If anyone has objections please make them known as soon as possible.

Rafa Santa Cruz writing in MMA Weekly "Again, a humble apology to my dwindling fans. A draw against a 44 year old grand dad with a hip replacement, that uses feather dusters for fists and trains out of a scrub can factory is a disgrace. This result is my worst yet. At least the losses were to athletes and not a fucking geriatric coffin dodger who looks like he has just come off a Saga holiday."

• Upvote 2

Rafa Santa Cruz writing in MMA Weekly "Again, a humble apology to my dwindling fans. A draw against a 44 year old grand dad with a hip replacement, that uses feather dusters for fists and trains out of a scrub can factory is a disgrace. This result is my worst yet. At least the losses were to athletes and not a fucking geriatric coffin dodger who looks like he has just come off a Saga holiday."

"You mad bro? Ya, you mad."

C. Martel

OMG.. I got smashed by a fighter without a manager...... :OMG:

It doesn't get much worse than that... :suicide_anim:

lol and the manager was cliff biff, its fair to say that this is a dark moment in your mmatycoon career.

• Upvote 2

"I gotta say I'm pretty fucking embarrassed I didn't get the finish, let alone a win, over Cruz in my last bout, but that's going to change against this cock knuckle I'm facing next. Mormeck has been knocked out cold in each of his past two fights and I aim to continue that trend this weekend. My plan is to go in there and finish this cbomb in the first minute of the bout, so any fans in attendance and to the millions that'll be watching worldwide don't blink. This one is going to end quickly, and violently. Mark my fucking words, this will make it look as though I let Skid Torres off easy that Mexican jumping bean."

C. Martel

G.O.A.T

After the pre-fight weigh-ins, Quentin DeBramalo made a short statement to the media.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13872073636034.jpg

First of all, I'd like to apologize to the other fighters here today. I know this sorry collection of no-names and has-beens have never seen the throngs of media and fans that have arrived here, wet with anticipation, over the EPL debut of "The Gold Medal Kid".

As the most coveted free agent MMATycoon had ever seen, I had many options on where to fight next. Every one and their mother wanted to have the greatest of all time grace their cage with my majestic and masterful performance, my overwhelming class and fantastic manners, my inhuman sex appeal and trend setting style. Notice my robe, it consists of 10,000 thread count silk and lined with the fur of a Latvian Skunk Ape.

After long and careful consideration, I called in a favor from the Filipino Mafia and had Cliff Biff deleted. Observe the disregard I have for you all and your laws as I casually confess to having someone deleted. Now that I am here and soon to be in control of your pathetic tournament (very stupid that its called EPL when it takes place in America) there is nothing you mouth breathing mama's boys can do about it. I would have stern words for todays opponent Shimizu, but I cant be bothered to even find out anything about him. Camacho is still scared.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Upvote 4