Lutte [270K]Heavyweight Season Tourney

Scooby

Let's not spoil this tournament with silly name calling at this late stage guys?

It's a difficult situation as an error has occured somewhere along the line due to RL issues. I think GBK is trying to do an honorable thing by trying to find a quick solution to the problem. I'm not 100% sure of other peoples reasons of why they don't want Leonardo to step in, maybe they are looking for (potentially) easier fights, who knows.

I'm very happy if the tournament is adjusted to find some new way of fighting with 5 fighters if GBK wants to stay in, I think it's pretty hard to have a fighter pushed out at this stage.

• Upvote 3

Just to be clear, I don't think Leo shouldn't be in it. For some reason we ended up with 5 and it makes zero sense that a guy can just forfeit his chances because he doesn't like the matchup he would get. That's why I risk my guaranteed spot in the semis to fight the fighter that wants to chicken out in an elimination fight. I think the solution that Leo his manager suggested was the best, but Omega (GBK) doesn't want to take the fight as he is scared of the stylistic matchup. Fuck that! He is scared to face a grappler, well now he gets the chance to face a striker instead and that's me being honorable as he should just have to fight Leo I believe.

Just to be clear, I don't think Leo shouldn't be in it. For some reason we ended up with 5 and it makes zero sense that a guy can just forfeit his chances because he doesn't like the matchup he would get. That's why I risk my guaranteed spot in the semis to fight the fighter that wants to chicken out in an elimination fight. I think the solution that Leo his manager suggested was the best, but Omega (GBK) doesn't want to take the fight as he is scared of the stylistic matchup. Fuck that! He is scared to face a grappler, well now he gets the chance to face a striker instead and that's me being honorable as he should just have to fight Leo I believe.

Yeah, we've all seen fighters like that. Now where was it I saw one of these not so long ago now........Oh that's right, your guy in Solitude when he asked to face a striker :)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It's up to you to let us know what you want now GBK, run away with your guy and leave the tournament or fight Leo , or fight Conrad.

You have 3 choices while none of us has a choice. We accept fights as we enlisted for the tournament and accept what is thrown at us. But hey, as I said, just let us know what you want princess. If you chicken out, so be it.

• Downvote 1

This is silly. Whatever GBK is thinking, he isn't being an arse about it.

And about grapplers... This is the main reason that I stubbornly want to stay in... Because my strategy all along was to make a grappler, guessing (correctly) that everyone else would make white belts. No way I'm trying to say that my guy is a guaranteed winner, but I want the chance to find out. He lost once to a striker in the early "group" stages, but has done pretty well on the whole. It's not my fault that the tourny got disorganised and I was forgotton just because my opponent didn't accept the last fight. My fighter deserves his place and I make no apologies for that.

• Upvote 3

GBK is offering everyone an easy solution to this and making him and one other dude face off seems to make this thing much longer. If GBK is happy to stay out of it and forfeit then there is 4 perfectly able opponents to make things simple. Stop making a mountain out of a molehill

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Lets see what GBK says when he replies. It was a smart move from you Timmy to make a grappler and I agree that you should be in it as it's not your fault that your last opponent declined the fight. Just stupid that a manager would forfeit his chances of winning the tournament because he doesn't want to face your grappler. You will most likely have an advantage against the rest of us, but that's thanks to your smart gamble. If GBK wants out as he is scared of the loss, lets hope that Roy and Derp won't do the same if they have to face your guy. You have my word that if your guy gets up against mine in the next round, that I will accept it and not back out of it, that's for sure!

Quit the name calling eh Bjorn? Enough of pointing the finger at everybody and coming up with conspiracy theories, it's not helping the situation and just turning a difficult situation in an otherwise decent tourny into a farce.

It's pretty clear from this and other posts that you don't get on with GBK, we have a number of solutions suggested let's just leave it at that and let people decide.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Man, I sure don't get along with him but this has nothing to do with that. He is scared of a grappler and doesn't want to fight him.

I even suggested to fight him to help out the tournament so that there wouldn't be any discussion anymore on who can advance, but he doesn't reply. Luckily for the tournament, I will face whoever they put in front of me and not pull out also if Conrad would have to face that grappler.

What difference does it make to you? Your fighter still advances or gets a place in the semi finals if he drops out, what you making such a big deal of it for?

There have been a number of people asking you to drop it but you still continue with the name calling and stating how good you are if you are willing to face a grappler. Get over yourself dude. Is this really what you want the tournament to be remembered for?

I've suggested a couple of ideas and it doesn't appear you're going to stop with your little vendetta at any cost so I'm going to shut up and leave it to GBK and the org owner to sort out.

• Upvote 2

This is silly. Whatever GBK is thinking, he isn't being an arse about it.

And about grapplers... This is the main reason that I stubbornly want to stay in... Because my strategy all along was to make a grappler, guessing (correctly) that everyone else would make white belts. No way I'm trying to say that my guy is a guaranteed winner, but I want the chance to find out. He lost once to a striker in the early "group" stages, but has done pretty well on the whole. It's not my fault that the tourny got disorganised and I was forgotton just because my opponent didn't accept the last fight. My fighter deserves his place and I make no apologies for that.

Your fighter does deserve the spot, and that is why I pulled my guy out of it. I would have done it regardless of the opponent, whether you were a grappler or a striker. My guy shouldn't have been still in the competition as that was a clear oversight. I think you have handled the situation well, and I understand the frustration at not being involved in what is happening and then finding out you might not even be fighting.

To be honest, I didn't even see Bjorn's challenge until now, mainly because I have him blocked, for obvious reasons. Either way, I sacked my fighter already as I wanted to, and I am guessing from the quotes I saw, he either didn't even bother looking at the fighter to see he was sacked before throwing out insults, or else he saw it and decided to try to make himself look better by issuing a challenge to a fighter with no manager. I can hazard a guess he claimed I am ducking, which I find ironic considering he ducked me in a roster vs roster fight.

Good luck to Leonardo, and I hope you do well in the tournament to make up for the confusion. I won't post anymore in this thread as I believe the drama should take a break now and keep the focus on the fighters competing.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/37/37w17.jpg

Ernesto Leonardo (270466)

I knew, somehow, that I'd draw the only guy with wrestling to fight.

I didn't know they would change the rules of the tourny though!

It was, and has always been, a 2x 10-minute round tourney.

Now all of a sudden it's a 3x 5-minute fight?

Well, my stupid gringo manager has already accepted so it's too late to complain.

I'll be there.

I knew, somehow, that I'd draw the only guy with wrestling to fight.

I didn't know they would change the rules of the tourny though!

It was, and has always been, a 2x 10-minute round tourney.

Now all of a sudden it's a 3x 5-minute fight?

Well, my stupid gringo manager has already accepted so it's too late to complain.

I'll be there.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13932525849529.jpg

Roy Palmer

I'm glad to see I'll be facing a professional in the semi-finals instead of that idiot Gonad the joker. This tournament was nearly derailed thanks to his over inflated ego and the crap he posted all over the internet. Luckily it's all sorted and we can get on with the tournament and focus on the fighting again.

Leonardo, I know you'll bring your A-game and I'm looking forward to a good fight. See you in 2 weeks.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm glad to see I'll be facing a professional in the semi-finals instead of that idiot Gonad the joker. This tournament was nearly derailed thanks to his over inflated ego and the crap he posted all over the internet. Luckily it's all sorted and we can get on with the tournament and focus on the fighting again.

Leonardo, I know you'll bring your A-game and I'm looking forward to a good fight. See you in 2 weeks.

I was really looking forward to getting my hands on that loudmouth joker Conrad and breaking his girl arms.

Nevermind, I will use yours to practice on.

Don't book any juggling lessons.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14270347009408.jpg

Conrad "The Joker" Mcgillicutty

Glad that the fight offers are sent out for the semi-finals. Finally I'll be stepping into that cage again. Great opponent and I am looking forward to the challenges he brings. Good luck to the other two fighters in the semi-final as well. Lets put on a great show and give the fans something to enjoy. The time for words is over, it's up to my fighting now once againt to speak. My opponents can smack talk and speak bad about me all they want if they think they will be a bit more popular because of that, but I don't care. I care for justice and I'll let my fists bring that justice.

• 2 weeks later...

Roy Palmer

Well I had a pretty good run but I just didn't have what it takes to get the win tonight. Congrats to my opponent Leonardo, I'm sure it will be a great final and wish you the best of luck.

• Upvote 1

Roy Palmer

Well I had a pretty good run but I just didn't have what it takes to get the win tonight. Congrats to my opponent Leonardo, I'm sure it will be a great final and wish you the best of luck.

Ernesto Leonardo

Good fight Roy. Maybe I'll meet you later in our careers when we are more rounded fighters.

I have a feeling it won't be easy to sub you next time, so I'd better improve my striking anad prepare for the GnP skills you'll probably have by then, because I know you have the power to hurt me in the right situation.

Give Gonad The Joker a good beating for us in the 3rd/4th decider!

It's the final next for me. Wyatt looks pretty scary and he's unbeaten in this tourny.

I hope the organisers follow the rules this time and return to the official 10 minute round format.