ITFL Season 4 - "Carpe Diem"

GBK16

This should be a very interesting round.

For me personally, two tough fights coming up. The people that did the pick'em for this round all chose against me in both fights,apart from Marky who gave me the advantage in one fight.

Well then maybe, put some steaks down, get someone to take it and win big :P

• Upvote 1

photo-22962.png?_r=1362008753

INTERNATIONAL TEAM FIGHTING LEAGUE

SEASON 4

ROUND 6

Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the Preview for Round 6 of the ITFL! We are now at the midway point of the season, and it is currently Team Conquer leading the way, although they have looked shaky in recent weeks. It’s still all to play for going into the second half of the season, so without further ado, let’s get right onto the preview!

TEAM FIGHT #1

eb794e918936e3c05d5b8496b654893b.png

vs

7d0ae032b8c2f6b8941c2b685d313e47.png

FIGHT #1

William King vs Urho Berserk

William King saw his undefeated streak snapped last round against Legstrong, and will come into this looking to prove it was a blip and not a sign of things to come. Urho Berserk meanwhile put a stop to his losing streak with a win over Itse Perkele last round. Despite his recent win, I feel King’s power will get to Berserk’s chin here.

Prediction: William King to win via (T)KO in Round 1

FIGHT #2

Johnny Luca vs Sambo Rambo

Johnny Luca managed to pick up his first win of the season last round against Bosco Brown, while Sambo Rambo continued his poor form with a loss to Jay Gatsby. Rambo’s got a poor chin, and with Luca having power in his hands, I can only see this going one way.

Prediction: Johnny Luca to win via (T)KO in Round 1

FIGHT #3

Chris Severn vs Joey Kocur

Chris Severn took the fall for his team last week, taking the fight against Benvenuti and losing to a Flying Knee KO. Kocur meanwhile has gotten back to form with a second consecutive (T)KO win against Jamal Jackson. It looks like Severn has taken the fall again, as I expect Kocur to take home the win.

Prediction: Joey Kocur to win via (T)KO in Round 1

FIGHT #4

Timur Rubin vs Algot Von Panzerhosen

Timur Rubin got his second win of the season last round against John Paul Wani, and he will be fancying his chances in this round. Von Panzerhosen is 0-5 in the tournament as his weak chin has been exposed over and over and his grappling is too weak to hold off Rubin.

Prediction: Timur Rubin to win via (T)KO in Round 1

FIGHT #5

Dante Cross Furia vs Antonio Jose De Sucre

Dante Cross Furia suffered his first loss of the season last round against Flavius Odoacer, but this is the perfect chance for him to get back to winning ways. Antonio Jose De Sucre suffered a loss to Anakoni Kai last time, and worst of all, he suffered a big 16 day injury which will see him come into this bout still nursing it. Furia should be able to take advantage and get the win.

Prediction: Dante Cross Furia to win via (T)KO in Round 1

FIGHT #6

Shintaro Nomo vs Helix Cabrera

Shintaro Nomo suffered his first loss of the season last round against Shinyo Jintao, and some divine intervention from Mr Mike Tycoon was required to allow this fight to go ahead. Helix Cabrera meanwhile has dominated every opponent he has come across, and in this fight I expect no different.

Prediction: Helix Cabrera to win via (T)KO in Round 2

FIGHT #7

Yaniv Schulmann vs Taisto Perala

Yaniv Schulmann picked up his second win of the season last time, defeating Ruslav Mstislav Volkov via Unanimous Decision, and he will need to use his grappling efficiently in this fight. Taisto Perala suffered his first loss of the season against Drug Killjoy, and has been raring to right that wrong. With his grappling being good enough to hold off Schulmann, I expect Perala to take home the win.

Prediction: Taisto Perala to win via (T)KO in Round 2

TEAM FIGHT #2

http://i.imgur.com/e5CBmm0.jpg

vs

http://i.imgur.com/kO8Lfvf.png

FIGHT #1

Brett Hartlock vs Pernell Whitaker Jr

A rematch from the first round of the tournament as Brett Hartlock takes on Pernell Whitaker Jr. Whitaker Jr gained the Unanimous Decision win last time, although I expect Hartlock to come into this fight much more prepared and with an improved gameplan. Pernell will need to use his striking advantage well, but Hartlock has shown that once he gets you done, you are caught in his web.

Prediction: Brett Hartlock to win via Unanimous Decision

FIGHT #2

Pablo Escobar vs Anakoni Kai

Two heavy hitters colliding now, and realistically they have been the stars of their respective teams. Both fighters love to go slinging for the knockout, and their KO record is impressive. Kai has shown to have the better chin, and will be looking to use his lighter weight to work Escobar over more, and I will be predicting Kai to win.

Prediction: Anakoni Kai to win via (T)KO in Round 1

FIGHT #3

Frank Damozzi vs Bruce Wayne

Grappler vs Striker now and these men are coming in off opposite results. Damozzi will be looking to turn things around as he suffered a loss to Artie DeVanzo last week, while Wayne comes in off a win against Algot Von Panzerhosen. Damozzi is a great fighter, but I think Wayne will just have too much power for him.

Prediction: Bruce Wayne to win via (T)KO in Round 2

FIGHT #4

Timothy Robinson vs Jay Gatsby

Another case of Grappler vs Striker here, and similar to the other fight is they are coming in off opposite results. Robinson has gone 1-1 so far in the tournament, defeating Yaniv Schulmann before falling to a RNC by Bernhard Adelhard in the last round. Gatsby comes in fresh from a first round KO victory over Sambo Rambo, and will be looking to make it two in a row. Gatsby’s ground game seems solid, so I am backing him to survive Robinson’s ground assault and land the damaging blows.

Prediction: Jay Gatsby to win via (T)KO in Round 2

FIGHT #5

Ivar Lodbrok vs Itse Perkele

Now this is going to be a brawl. Both fighters stand at 6”9 and hit heavy. Perkele suffered a loss last round and looks like he hasn’t fully gotten over it, while Lodbrok will smell blood and will go in for the kill.

Prediction: Ivar Lodbrok to win via (T)KO in Round 1

FIGHT #6

Diego Bustamante vs Jamal Jackson

Two more heavy hitters now as Diego Bustamante takes on Jamal Jackson. Bustamante comes in with a KO in his last round against Joe Louis, while Jackson has a tough time, losing to a second round TKO to Joey Kocur. Despite the form, I feel Jackson has the edge going into this, but either guy just needs that one big hit to end the fight.

Prediction: Jamal Jackson to win via (T)KO in Round 1

FIGHT #7

Paul Landen vs Drug Killjoy

These two men met last time in the competition, and it was Landen who came away with the second round victory. Both fighters are 2-3 in the season so far, but I feel Landen will get another win here.

Prediction: Paul Landen to win via (T)KO in Round 2

TEAM FIGHT #3

http://i.imgur.com/RhHJmLW.jpg

vs

http://i.imgur.com/uXXftn1.png

FIGHT #1

Antoni Kristofer Hong vs Giacomo Benvenuti

Both fighters are heavy hitters, and you have to feel that the fight pick was strategic as Hong comes into this fight with his cut still looking bad from his last bout against Escobar. Expect Benvenuti to focus on that and get a TKO (Cut) stoppage or else get the KO.

Prediction: Giacomo Benvenuti to win via (T)KO in Round 1

FIGHT #2

Bernhard Adelhard vs Shinyo Jintao

Bernhard has being able to lock in his new favourite submission, the Rear Naked Choke, in his last two fights taking out Pernell Whitaker Jr and Timothy Robinson in the process. Jintao meanwhile bounced back from his loss to Perala to defeat Shintaro Nomo via Unanimous Decision. While Adelhard has the BJJ advantage, I am backing Jintao to get a knockout win at some stage.

Prediction: Shinyo Jintao to win via (T)KO in Round 2

FIGHT #3

Joe Louis vs Lance Legstrong

Another rematch from the first round as Joe Louis looks to avenge his loss to Lance Legstrong. Louis lost last week to Bustamante, as he wasn’t able to utilise his grappling efficiently. Legstrong meanwhile broke the win streak of William King last week, and has been looking really strong against his opponents. Both guys are grapplers, but it looks like Legstrong is just the more efficient fighter in that area.

Prediction: Lance Legstrong to win via Submission in Round 2

FIGHT #4

Fabian Hoi vs Ruslan Mstislav Volkov

Fabian Hoi has overcome a shaky couple of weeks to get a win and a draw in the last two weeks, with the draw coming last round against Brett Hartlock. Volkov meanwhile saw his 3 fight win streak broken by Yaniv Schulmann, and he will be looking to get back to form by winning this. Both fighters are similar, but Hoi looks like he has a bit more power and could use that to get the win.

Prediction: Fabian Hoi to win via (T)KO in Round 2

FIGHT #5

Arthur Curry vs John Paul Wani

Arthur Curry makes his ITFL debut against John Paul Wani, who saw his good form stopped by a loss to Timur Rubin last week. With no real form to go on for Curry, what this fight will be is a slug fest with both fighters being heavy hitters and looking to end it early.

Prediction: John Paul Wani to win via (T)KO in Round 1

FIGHT #6

Artie DeVanzo vs Flavius Odoacer

Artie DeVanzo has overcome his losing start to the ITFL to win his last three straight. He has gotten the job done for his team in recent weeks, and looks to do it again here. Flavius Odoacer had a management change last round, with him going 0-4 in the tournament under his old management, but he managed to get a win last week in a result not many expected. I doubt there will be a cinderella tale here though, and I expect DeVanzo to get the win.

Prediction: Artie DeVanzo to win via Unanimous Decision

FIGHT #7

Wilder Wein vs Bosco Brown

Wilder Wein is currently undefeated in the tournament, going 3-0-2 so far to provide a constant source of points for his team. He packs a punch, and will be looking to use his striking advantage again here. Bosco Brown has a slender chance in this bout, with the ground being the only real chance for him to get the edge, but he will need to last that long to get the opportunity.

Prediction: Wilder Wein to win via (T)KO in Round 2

• Upvote 1

Will the auto teleport kick in? If not I potentially just got screwed out of a chance for the extra point in the individual standings.

He got teleported to the fight

RESULTS FROM AMSTERDAM

THE CORPORATION 2 - 5 TEAM CONQUER

Whitaker Jr. def. Hartlock via Unanimous Decision

Robinson def. Gatsby via TKO in Round 1

Killjoy def. Landen via TKO in Round 1

Kai def. Escobar via TKO in Round 1

Wayne def. Damozzi via Unanimous Decision

Perkele def. Lodbrok via KO in Round 1

Bustamante def. Jackson via Unanimous Decision

THE STRAY DOGS 2 - 1 VENDINO

Jintao def. Adelhard via Majority Decision

Hoi def. Volkov via TKO in Round 3

Wein def. Brown via Unanimous Decision

Great fight Dino! I was afraid you were going to bleed him out! Close fight, hope they can do it again sometime.

Yeah man, i feel sorry still about kicking your ass that way since it wasn't really a fair fight for you to take. I would have thought someone with more skills would man up and take on Jintao but it appears the lack of testicles is real.

• Upvote 2

Yeah man, i feel sorry still about kicking your ass that way since it wasn't really a fair fight for you to take. I would have thought someone with more skills would man up and take on Jintao but it appears the lack of testicles is real.

For someone with your game experience and knowledge of the game, you should be able to know that the one with the best chance of our team against your guy was Bernie. Grow up and don't try to provoke me all the time. Our strategy at 170lbs worked well and Bernie could have won that fight and then we would have gone 3-0, but you decisioned out a very close win. If that wasn't a fair fight according to you, then it must mean that Joe did one hell of a job to make it that close of a fight... And he did really do a great job in that fight. Joe is a great manager and on top of that, he is actually a great and friendly guy as well.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

LONDON RESULTS

THE MISFITS 5 - 2 FINNFIGHTERS

Luca def. Rambo via KO in Round 2
Cross Furia def. De Sucre via TKO in Round 2
Rubin def. Von Panzerhosen via TKO in Round 1
King def. Berserk via KO in Round 2
Schulmann def. Perala via Unanimous Decision
Kocur def. Severn via Unanimous Decision
Cabrera def. Nomo via Unanimous Decision

THE STRAY DOGS 3 - 4 VENDINO

Legstrong def. Louis via Unanimous Decision
Curry def. Wani via KO in Round 1
Odoacer def. DeVanzo via KO in Round 3
Benvenuti def. Hong via KO in Round 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14431842983677.gif

Arthur "The Shamrock" Curry

And that's how you make your ITFL debut in style! A 1'42 one punch KO against a highly rated fighter,Wani, who is managed by an elite manager. It doesn't get any better than this! C'mon man, if I don't deserve the KO of the night award after this performance, who the hell would then..?! I'm here to help my team out and to cash cheques.

By the way, awesome job by my training partner Fabian Hoi as he got a 92% fight rating and scored a stunning (t)KO win over the very well known Volkov!

• Upvote 2

For someone with your game experience and knowledge of the game, you should be able to know that the one with the best chance of our team against your guy was Bernie. Grow up and don't try to provoke me all the time. Our strategy at 170lbs worked well and Bernie could have won that fight and then we would have gone 3-0, but you decisioned out a very close win. If that wasn't a fair fight according to you, then it must mean that Joe did one hell of a job to make it that close of a fight... And he did really do a great job in that fight. Joe is a great manager and on top of that, he is actually a great and friendly guy as well.

Actually i was talking about Whymer taking Bosco, you know hyping up the individual side of things when me and Whymer could match up but nah, bjorny decides it has to be about him because the spotlight always has to shine on Bjorn. I would suggest you take your nose directly out of Joe's ass, Joe is a good manager with some really solid fighters but he was in no way, shape or form the best match up for Jintao. That would have been either Whymer or yourself with Joe taking on Brown and prolly you vs Volkov.

Instead Joe played the lamb to the slaughter because he is a good guy, Whymer destroyed Brown who was another lamb to the slaughter with a 50/50 fight with you and Igor. While this is smart picking, it is also not exactly what i would say the best match ups to give everyone a competitive chance to win hence the testicles comment.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Everyone has their own tactics and ours worked out fine at 170lbs once again. One advantage is that you and I don't need to agree with eachother on how we pick. We all talk in team and we all are willing to take whoever the team in general thinks we should have. We don't just have balls, but also brains and that's a better combination.

• Downvote 2