ITFL Season 4 - "Carpe Diem"

GBK16

The problem is the stray dogs have too much communication. As team captain Joe should do what's best for the team. We did have to wait until yesterday to get the opposing teams picks. So, realistically, its not taking long to make them.

But if you just want to get a spin and win credit while taking a shot at Bjorn....

I didn't even ask my team this round, I totally suck as a captain lol. I knew exactly what I was going to pick before fights even happened though....only injuries may have really changed my mind

• Upvote 1

Yeah I definitely think that's the best way to do it. I normally try at least getting an idea of what match-ups guys like and then make a decision on what I think is best for the team. The 1 time I strayed from that and went w/ a call out was the week we lost to you guys. This week was pretty rare in that I just knew what I wanted to do to give us the best chance at winning the week and didn't really ask anybody's opinion

I like to get the feeling of the team before entering the picks, just incase I miss something.

The Stray Dogs pick Hoi vs Schulmann and Wein vs Nomo.

We mostly pretty much all agree on most matchups , but it's nice to talk about it. I also learn from that as I get new insights on what matchups are harder for what type of fighters etc. Joe for president ( and for best team captain of the year) !

The problem is the stray dogs have too much communication. As team captain Joe should do what's best for the team. We did have to wait until yesterday to get the opposing teams picks. So, realistically, its not taking long to make them.

But if you just want to get a spin and win credit while taking a shot at Bjorn....

What crawled up your butt? Ever heard of the word BANTER? Seems like lately everything on Forum needs to be FSK -10. I took a shot yeah, but i didnt direkt it at one person. all i did was quoting.

This gets me more worked up now then it should be, i am stopping with this here. Before i really take shots!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Are we doing a team finale to decide the team winner or no? It'd be nice to get an answer to this because if it's going to come down to a winner take all match for the prize Team Conquer would probably like to use their fighter replacement and make our team stronger. If it's just whoever has the most points at the end of 10 weeks then we'll likely stay as is because noone is catching us anyway

I think it is who has the most points at the end of the season.

Yeah, you guys are doing great, but one or two bad rounds and there are a team or two out there that can still catch you guys ;)

I didn't say nobody CAN catch us. I said nobody will catch us. Other than the misfits we'd really have to fall on our face a bit for anybody else to catch us. I honestly don't see Whitaker, Perkele, Kai or Wayne losing 3 or 4 fights over the last few weeks which is really what it'd probably take

I think it is who has the most points at the end of the season.

Yeah, you guys are doing great, but one or two bad rounds and there are a team or two out there that can still catch you guys ;)

And yeah I thought it was total points too, especially that's what it has in the rules

3. The highest scoring team after the fights will be the winners,

But GBK copied the rules from season 3 which also had that but too many people pm'd me requesting a team finale so I'm pretty sure we ended up having 1 last season. Then like a week or so ago GBK pm'd me asking what we did last year and mentioned people asking him if we were having a finale or not so it seemed like he was considering his options. Personally w/ only 6 teams I don't see much point in it....but it would be nice to know either way because if it comes down to a winner take all match-up we definitely would look to improve our team by using a replacement fighter. I already have 1 of Duphus' guys lined up since way early in the season

The team finale was something i preferred, i mean there is a huge difference between the fighters that started the season to the ones who end it. Some teams only really find their groove near the end where as some teams start off really hot. Going based on points just means whichever team comes into the thing with the highest skilled fighters wins, instead of fighters developing through the full thing.

Even with only 6 teams, the difference in some of the fighters from the start of the tournament to now is huge, a lot of guys who were underdogs are winning their fights now.

Quick Edit : Hasn't there always been a finale in the ITFL?

• Upvote 1

The team finale was something i preferred, i mean there is a huge difference between the fighters that started the season to the ones who end it. Some teams only really find their groove near the end where as some teams start off really hot. Going based on points just means whichever team comes into the thing with the highest skilled fighters wins, instead of fighters developing through the full thing.

Even with only 6 teams, the difference in some of the fighters from the start of the tournament to now is huge, a lot of guys who were underdogs are winning their fights now.

Quick Edit : Hasn't there always been a finale in the ITFL?

There has been 1 in every season so far. I was going to remove it last season because a lot of people have complained in the past about how long ITFL takes so I was trying to find ways to shorten the seasons & at first the top 4 teams made the team finale, so that was adding an additional month to the tournament. The only reason a team finale ended up happening last year is because there were so many requests for it and I may have made a poll or something.

I'd vote for the finale. For the sole reason my team got shafted last year since we won the regular season but had to fight the finale and lost it.

This is exactly why I was trying to find out the answer because our team has held up really well over the course of the season but we're definitely susceptible to an upset w/ a few of the fighters we have in a 1 week winner take all match-up. So if we're going to do that I'd like to use our replacement and make our team stronger as well.

A lot of the other teams have improved since the beginning because of replacements, Jintao replacing Jursilla's guy, Curry replacing Stray Dogs worst HW.

I think it'd be hard for anybody but the misfits to catch us if it's based on points throughout the season just because even if Conquer went 0-4 over the last 4 weeks and lost all 4 match-ups 4-3. It would take the 3rd place stray dogs going 5-2, 5-2, 4-3, 4.5-2.5 over the last 4 weeks to get 1/2 point ahead of us.

I dont have a problem with having a team finally. Since it was not in the rules I would say have the teams vote on it. But as long as the leaders are in agreement it is really only making it harder on them, instead of winning it all they would have to do one more round and could lose depending on what happened. If they are good with it I am.

I think it's quite unfair to Team Conquer to change the rules at this point of the tournament. But since there is a lot of positive comments towards a final, maybe we could meet halfway.

If Team Conquer keeps the current 3 points spread (or any other arbitrary number), they are the champions with no final. If some team manages to shorten the difference to less than 3 points, we have a final. This way we give a way out to Team Conquer to be champion without an extra round and also give an extra breathe to all other teams.

Just throwing an idea.

• Upvote 1

I think that since it was not in the rules, the current leaders must agree with it for sure before it can possibly happen. It wouldn't be fair to just change it. If they would be ok with it, I'm sure every other team is as well.

I would obviously love to see it happen as then we still have a good shot, but as I said, it's first up to the leaders to say what they think about it. If they say 'no', well, that is perfectly fine with me as it was what was written in the rules in the first place.

While I have no stake in this, considering it was Team Conquer who benefited last time of the sudden appearance of the Finale and stole the millions, it's only fair that the same opportunity is given to someone else as well this time. The finale wasn't in the rules last time either but was done anyway (and we didn't get to choose if we take it or not) so I'd like to see the same finale tradition continue like it's always been.

I honestly don't care either way tbh. 1 of the reasons we had a finale before was because there were 2 groups of 4 teams. You used to fight the 3 teams in your own group twice & then the 4 teams in the opposite group once. The top teams from each group advanced to a team playoff.

The reason I suggested to GBK not to have a playoff this season was because with 6 teams u already fight every other team twice so fighting a 3rd time just seemed pointless imo.

I'm fine either way but maybe a good compromise would be if Conquer finishes in 1st we only do a finale if the 2nd place team isn't 0-2 head to head against us

• Upvote 1