Increased Knockdown % + CHOPDOWN!

Rambo

I'd like to see more knockdowns in general. Sometimes fighters get knocked down and they're not hurt at all. I don't think we see nearly enough knockdowns in this game compared to the frequency irl.

I'd also like to see text like Knockdown! called Chopdown! related to leg or body kick knockdowns - if and when they're implemented.

• Upvote 18

I know people request this fairly frequently but honestly, how often does it actually happen in MMA? You tend to get people slowing down, switching stances etc (which we imitate by slowing fighters down due to leg kicks) but very rarely do people actually drop from leg kicks.

• Upvote 8

I know people request this fairly frequently but honestly, how often does it actually happen in MMA? You tend to get people slowing down, switching stances etc (which we imitate by slowing fighters down due to leg kicks) but very rarely do people actually drop from leg kicks.

I have seen a fair few smaller fighters drop on their ass from leg kicks. It is more of the leg kick catching them when they are off balance. It would be interesting since it would mean ground guys would have another avenue to get the fight to the ground.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have seen a fair few smaller fighters drop on their ass from leg kicks. It is more of the leg kick catching them when they are off balance. It would be interesting since it would mean ground guys would have another avenue to get the fight to the ground.

We could make some flavour text for that, cos that doesn't actually result in the fight going to the ground.

As for increase in knockdowns, I'm fine with that. We can increase the cut off point for knockdowns. I can't remember exactly what it is but let's say it's if you go below 25% of your "power bar" for want of a better expression.... We can put that up to 30% or something, which would mean more knockdowns and also less of those knockdowns seeing a finish quickly after. I'd want more people's opinions on it than we've got in this thread though, before going ahead with what would be a fairly significant change to the game.

• Upvote 3

yeah, almost all the knockdowns in the game lead to "he's rocked". We could do with a slight increase on the percentage of knockdowns without rocking.

• Upvote 2

I could also live with a shorter timespan of rocking.

and since we're on it, pls, pls ,pls fix the rocking effect transitioning rounds that leads to KO's on the 1st 10 secs of the next round.

• Upvote 2

I agree that a slight rise in knockdowns without getting rocked would be more realistic. Perhaps counter shots could have a higher chance of knockdown, seeing as the attacker is off balance due to the miss?

• Upvote 4

• 1 year later...

Body kicks and body punches should be able to stop fights, although, pretty rarely. Maybe they could be flavoured as liver shots, or cracked ribs. Or at least set up for a finish.

Leg kick KOs should happen in this game considering how many leg kicks some people land, but again, they should be rare - even rarer than the body ones.

I think the body shots should be more of a flash KO style, while the leg kicks should only be from accumulation

• Upvote 2