CHOOSE YOUR SIDE

Tycooner

Ronda fought in the Olympics atr like 157lbs.. Give me a break.

Stop with the steroid excuses, the weight excuses. Ronda shouldn't give a shit who she fights or what her opponent is on if she passes a drug test.

Ronda needs to step up and except the fight, Cyborg will do her part and we have the best WMMA fight for the fans in history.

Not the best until you best the best.

• Upvote 1

Cyborg has already been offered the Rousey fight provided she has a fight at 135 first. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that. The UFC is about putting on the fights people want to a certain degree, but mostly it's about earning your shot. The kind of mental gymnastics you need to go through to try and legitimize Cyborg getting an instant shot at Rousey in a weight class that doesn't exist in the UFC is staggering.

And how is Cyborg the best WMMA fighter on the planet? Her best win is what, Marloes Coenen? The same woman Miesha Tate submitted? Come the fuck on.

Well not to put the wolf in the hen house but Ronda previously spoke about moving to 145 to fight Gina Carano without a word about fighting at 135 or having to take on an opponent first. The last person to beat Carano? Cyborg. If she is willing to do it for Gina then why not Cyborg? It is competition after all, i get the fact her vs Gina would be a big money fight which could rival the old Chuck vs Randy/Tito or Brock days but you cannot say one thing for someone then say someone else has to move down a weight to fight you and still claim to be the best in the world.

The problem is that when it comes to fighting someone of equal skill or better skill then these super fights never materialize.

GSP vs Anderson Silva, Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones etc, the only time i think the UFC has put on a true superfight was GSP vs BJ Penn iirc. There have never been a super fight that i have ever heard of that included someone losing weight to fight someone. I doubt if Cyborg fought and defeated Ronda that she would stay at 135, the weight cut would be too extreme.

The last thing about it is the why Cyborg is the best woman fighter on the planet, in 10 years she is undefeated. Ronda's best win is against Tate the person you have just scoffed at. WMMA is in its infancy and there are two big dogs in the house. It is like the early UFC's when you had guys such as Mark Coleman, Don Frye and Mark Kerr who were clearly better than everyone else in those tournaments they won. It is clear that Cyborg and Ronda are better than everyone else, it is about time they faced off to find out who is the better woman.

• Upvote 2

Rousey ducking the fight is enough to me to say that cyborg is the best, doesn't matter if they fight later and rousey win. If the fight happens rousey will try to get conditions like weight cut and chose best place and time, like she will wait that cyborg get injured and ask a fight 6 months after; still I would think cyborg was the best at this time. It's like fighting GSP now anyone could beat him doesnt mean your the best if you don't beat him in his prime.

• Upvote 1

Not the best until you best the best.

People keep saying this but I really want to know why Cyborg is the best? Seriously world class opponents has Cyborg beaten that would actually compared to Rouseys recent wins over Correia, Zingano, Davis, McMann, and Tate? Not only did she beat them but she made 4/5 of them look mediocre at best.

Cyborg is the best 145 female MMA fighter and Rousey is the best 135, that's it, full stop until they actually fight. That being said Cyborg clearly needs this fight more then Rousey.

Oh lord, now she is running her piehole saying she can beat anyone in the world in a no-rules fight. Bitch please... there are so many men in the UFC alone that would beat you the fuck down. You can't beat anyone in the world, however they can certainly beat you.

• Upvote 1

It's probably pretty hard to convince yourself to fight in a cage for a living unless you're mildly delusional in the first place so that's not surprising. If you don't think you can potentially beat up everyone on the planet doing stuff like that should be the furthest thing from your mind.

People keep saying this but I really want to know why Cyborg is the best? Seriously world class opponents has Cyborg beaten that would actually compared to Rouseys recent wins over Correia, Zingano, Davis, McMann, and Tate? Not only did she beat them but she made 4/5 of them look mediocre at best.

Cyborg is the best 145 female MMA fighter and Rousey is the best 135, that's it, full stop until they actually fight. That being said Cyborg clearly needs this fight more then Rousey.

here is the thing cyborg can beat everyone rousey has beat

I think Ronda has pretty weak stand up still and if she charges Cyborg like she did Bethe which she likely will then she won't be met by the wild swings of light punching and smaller Bethe but fucking cyborg. I think she gets KO'd but she could very well get a hold of Cyborg and throw her around. It's pretty hard to tell but the fight needs to happen for both of their career's and legacies. I think a catchweight at 140 would be a good bout but I'm sure Ronda doesn't want to do that.

• Upvote 1

As I already stated, it makes no sense that Cyborg is the only one that needs to do all the hard work to get this fight. Both need this fight for their career and legacy. This is a potential superfight, not a regular fight in a division. They should meet in the middle and not let Cyborg cut all that weight. Ronda would be just as good at 140lbs, so that she doesn't want that means that she isn't very confident in beating Cyborg.

I personally think that Rousey would beat Cyborg, as she won't be so stupid I think to slug with Cyborg. She might try it as she is crazy enough to want to beat people at their own game, but this is not a pillowfisted tiny girl you are talking about, but a freakish MT ko machine!

• Upvote 3

And Rousey can't beat everyone Cyborg beat?

yes rousey can beat everyone that cyborg has beat i only said that because of this

"Seriously world class opponents has Cyborg beaten that would actually compared to Rouseys recent wins over Correia, Zingano, Davis, McMann, and Tate? Not only did she beat them but she made 4/5 of them look mediocre at best." so i said cyborg could beat any of the fighters rousey has beat

• Upvote 1

here is the thing cyborg can beat everyone rousey has beat

Far from the point I was making, sure she could but she hasn't and there is always a chance that if she had these 5 fights she might lose even 1 while Ronda has had these fights and has not lost. When someone says "Not the best until you best the best" you to have to look at it objectively and the point is that Ronda has beat better opponents and on a more consistent bases so this statement should mean less to Ronda then is does to Cyborg.

Cyborg vs Carano in my Opinion is still the biggest fight ever in wmma

Gina Carano was the face of WMMA that win for cyborg is better than any of ronda's win

I'm not talking about the opinion of hardcore fans here, I mean how the general population, Gina was the face of WMMA before WMMA was really a thing. This is likely a cultural difference where I live but if I asked 10 people who the UFC welterweight champion is I think about 3/10 would say they didn't know and another 4 would proudly proclaim GSP. I'm not sure how the sport is viewed in the States* but in Canada MMA just doesn't seems to have the same popularity, to most people UFC=best MMA and if they did happen to know of any female fighter that fighter would be Ronda. We could go back and forth all day but I think the issue is this question is subjective, if MMA is treated like a bigger deal where you live more people likely follow it, the base knowledge is higher, and then it might make more sense that this answer would be different, here the marketing of MMA is fairly limited.

This treatment of sports like this isn't just MMA, it's pretty much sports that are not Hockey, I fucking hate the sport but I could likely name you 95% of the teams and whats worse I know a few of the key players to most Canadian teams while I don't know fuck all about Football - Packers and Browns are a thing I'm pretty sure, I don't think Canada has a NFL team and while I could google it to figure out I'll honestly say that's the base knowledge of the league. I find that Canada as a whole seems pretty content with the idea that because we have a small population we don't need to try and be good at everything so it's alright as long as we can play hockey well.

*or where ever you are from.

Ronda said she would move up in weight to fight Gina, why does everyone forget this?

Ronda competed at like 157 at the Olympics...................

Yea, but if you look at it she was pretty chubby when she competed. Ronda is the champ, if Cyborg is serious what she has been saying is 135 is now not a problem for her to make so it should be at 135 for the title.

• 1 month later...