The 2015/2016 Football (Soccer) Thread

markyosullivan

So after two games it's looking like Man City will be the team to beat this season. Man United didn't impress me in their opening game and Arsenal lost theirs so I'm guessing they're pretty inconsistent, Liverpool... the less said the better :P Doubt they'll win it and if they do we wont hear the end of it from their fans. My team on the other hand (Chelsea) have looked dreadful and I hope they'll start performing better really soon or it'll be a disaster of a season.

I think the thread is for any proper football/soccer. I was posting about Women's World Cup and the MLS All Star game in last year's thread and nobody blasted me for posting it (as in don't post that here)

Chelsea has looked dreadful through the first two matches this season. Courtois' mental mistake in game one certainly didn't help.

Tottenham really needs to figure out something with their back line because they looked completely lost in the 2nd half against Stoke City.

I'm gonna try to get more into football again, last few years I haven't given a toss about it. So far I have failed and only know Man Utd's results, who else is doing any good? Who the hell even got promoted to the premier league :wacko:

I feel Man Utd's signing's are good, but i worry a little bit as i feel we are still too weak in too many areas, hopefully Van Gaal will improve our youth system to what it once was.

I'm gonna try to get more into football again, last few years I haven't given a toss about it. So far I have failed and only know Man Utd's results, who else is doing any good? Who the hell even got promoted to the premier league :wacko:

I feel Man Utd's signing's are good, but i worry a little bit as i feel we are still too weak in too many areas, hopefully Van Gaal will improve our youth system to what it once was.

Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich were promoted last year.

Delighted with West Ham's first result. A 2-0 win over Arsenal at any point is a great result, but then we follow it up by losing 2-1 to Leicester. There was a horrible decision by the referee at the end of the first half not to award us a penalty as Schmeichel took out Sakho after he rounded him. This was when it was 2-0 to them, so the chance to go 2-1 and also have them down to 10 men cost us a point in my opinion.

Delighted to see Dimitri Payet get his first goal for us. Big expectations for him after a big money move, and he is showing early signs of living up to the billing.

We are gonna be stuck with Darren Randolph in goal for the next 3 games after Adrian got a straight red in the 92nd minute too, unless the rumours of us looking to resign Robert Green from QPR are true.

Mark my words, Memphis Depay is world class!! 21 years old and an absolute beast ! Shoots well from distance with both left and right, good finishing ability in front of goal, deadly speed and great movement. very smart player and strong as well ;) Man UTd did a great buy with him! I followed him last season at PSV and he is unbelievable for his age!

Mark my words, Memphis Depay is world class!! 21 years old and an absolute beast ! Shoots well from distance with both left and right, good finishing ability in front of goal, deadly speed and great movement. very smart player and strong as well ;) Man UTd did a great buy with him! I followed him last season at PSV and he is unbelievable for his age!

He had an amazing night tonight and I was very impressed. I think he's going to be a star for United.

I'm not gonna get excited by Depay just yet. Need the whole first season to really see how he does. Just look at Di Maria last year as an example of a player exciting early on before fizzling out.

Yeah, but I watched his games at PSV last year as well and the guy is just brillliant. 21 years old and that good is amazing. Give him a few more years and he is one of the best around.

Strong points: Good shot from distance, fast , smart , strong , great free kicks, finishing ability, helps a bit in defence as well.

Weak point: sometimes wants to do it all by himself. Needs to become a little more a teamplayer, but with his individual class, I can understand that he tries some stuff alone.

And it says a lot that he is the one taking the free kicks and corners when you have guys like Mata in your team and you are only 21. That his coach is from the same country is in his favor obviously, but this kid is damn brilliant. One of the most complete young strikers that I have ever seen at 21 years old. He is the real deal I think.

Spurs are sucking so far dispite the right moves.

Being an American, I am anxiously waiting to see if DeAndre Yedlin will get a chance to play a little for Tottenham this season, but I wouldn't be surprised if they loan him out again.

Being an American, I am anxiously waiting to see if DeAndre Yedlin will get a chance to play a little for Tottenham this season, but I wouldn't be surprised if they loan him out again.

I very much doubt he will get a shot, especially now with them buying Trippier.

I heard Spurs made an improved bid for Berahino, 17m + Fazio, they rejected an 15m bid 2 days ago.

I very much doubt he will get a shot, especially now with them buying Trippier.

I heard Spurs made an improved bid for Berahino, 17m + Fazio, they rejected an 15m bid 2 days ago.

Yeah i saw that they were looking to get a few backs, so getting Trippier and possibly someone else it definitely looks like Yedlin will be loaned out again.

So Depay is being deployed as a striker? I really imagine him being better in the wing like CR7. I haven't watched any Premier League games yet but as far as the news bits that I've seen, Depay is starting well. What is Van Gaal's preferred formation this season anyway?