The 2015/2016 Football (Soccer) Thread

markyosullivan

• 2 weeks later...

Tim is out and he will miss the game against Spurs we have in the next week, which is ashame. I would have liked to see him hold onto his job more than 10 games, but it seems the best he can do is 1/2 a year.

Spurs won 5-1 today and Kane got a hatrick which is good. We were pretty good, however i would put this win more on the poor opposition. Bournemouth is easilly the worse EPL team i have seen this year and Boruc (their keeper) is a joke. He conceeded 5 but it could easilly be much worse. He was pathetic. At times i felt he had shit on his gloves and everything was slipping, it was really that bad. I heard he was a stud in Celtic a few years back, but at this point it looks like it was last century because at the momment he is Division 1 material at best. Worse display i can remember by an EPL keeper......................makes Gomes look world class, that is how bad he was today.

• Downvote 1

Tim is out and he will miss the game against Spurs we have in the next week, which is ashame. I would have liked to see him hold onto his job more than 10 games, but it seems the best he can do is 1/2 a year.

Spurs won 5-1 today and Kane got a hatrick which is good. We were pretty good, however i would put this win more on the poor opposition. Bournemouth is easilly the worse EPL team i have seen this year and Boruc (their keeper) is a joke. He conceeded 5 but it could easilly be much worse. He was pathetic. At times i felt he had shit on his gloves and everything was slipping, it was really that bad. I heard he was a stud in Celtic a few years back, but at this point it looks like it was last century because at the momment he is Division 1 material at best. Worse display i can remember by an EPL keeper......................makes Gomes look world class, that is how bad he was today.

Scottish football is not to be taken seriously. Booby Mimms would be a stud at Celtic.

I know Scottish football has really went downhill over the past 15-20y. I remember the days when Rangers and Celtic had some pretty strong lineups, in particular Rangers i remember had Gasgoine, Laudrup and Larsson was playing in Celtic at the same time. They do not attract that type of calibre of players any more.

I think they should do what Wales has done, in other words the high end teams merge into the English league, as far as i know Wales still has a league as well. It gives teams like Swansea and Cardiff a chance to compete at a high level and build up their cash reserves. I could argue that today those 2 teams are above both Celtic and Rangers, which shows how the Scottish league has slumped. I also think adding some top level teams from Scotland will also help create a stronger EPL as well, which will help them in the long run, the more the competition the better.

All adding say, three top level Scottish teams to the PL would do is make the three relegation places a certainty.

Sure, that would happen at the start, although i am pretty sure Celtic would attract more talent with the bigger finances they would get + the fact that they would play in the EPL. But i think within a few years the gap would close up and the league as a whole would be a lot better and everyone would benefit from this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2-1 Spurs beat Anderlecht at home. It was not pretty and we probably did not deserve to win.

i thought we edged it, they were just sitting back and hitting us on the brake with their pacey forwards, a draw wouldn't have been unfair but if any team deserved to win it was us! plus Dembele's goal was worthy of winning any game!

Anyone watch the PSG vs Real Madrid game tonight? PSG were very unlucky not to win tonight had about 3/4 real good chances to score, two of them fell to Cavani and he couldn't convert them. Not an impressed performance by Real Madrid at all.

I read a Chinese commentator was sacked after falling asleep and snoring live on air during it, so it doesn't sound like a great game!

I think that if anyone would bet on Chelsea having this type of start, they would probably make quite a bit of money on the side. Everyone had them as #1 favorite and they are almost in relegation battle. I expect them to rebound though, this cannot go on till the end of the year. They should finish around 6-7th in the end.