The 2015/2016 Football (Soccer) Thread

markyosullivan

Rumors say that Balotelli might go back to Ac Milan on a loan deal. WTF?! :P

On loan?? Really?? What is that going to accomplish?? He clearly doesn't want to be a part of Liverpool and wants to go back to Italy. Maybe Milan doesn't want to pay the transfer fees??

Pedro getting an assist and scoring a goal on his debut for Chelsea

I think there is not much doubt Pedro will be a great signing for them. Obviously he is not one for the future at 28y old, but with his experience and ability, he should still give Chelsea a good 2-3 years.

Berahino asked for a transfer and it was rejected by WBA, it seems we are moving towards Bolasie instead. I like him actually, however he is 4 years older than Berahino, he is not English (which could play a factor with the new regulations) and he is also not a clear attacker. This means that if we spend our cash on him, we most likely will be left with just Kane and Adebayor as pure strikers, although i consider Chadli a striker anyway, but still. Another downside is that the cash being mentioned is around 20m and i do not think he is worth that. I mean Pedro was bought for just over 30m and he is an established player, where as Bolasie is one which could still flop for us.

I still think we need Bolasie and an attacker as well. Adebayor is finished.

Bolasie on the wing and maybe a backup striker for Kane? I mean if ever you get Berahino and the Spurs play a 4-2-3-1 Berahino will likely be in the wing which for me isn't that recommended. Spurs could play 4-4-2 though with a fast striker (Berahini) and big forward combo (Kane). But tactical-wise the 4-4-2 is not that flexible IMO.

I am not sure on the 4-4-2 to be honest, i think the days of that tactic are over. I guess Berahino could play behind the attacker if he is willing to do some defensive work as well or on the wing, but i am reading a lot that he is not that eager a defender and he not much of a winger either. I think Spurs intends to play him on the wing though.

Illaramemdi is leaning towards coming to Spurs, apparently for 15m. Maybe he saw what happened the last time we bought a Real Madrid midfielder. I think that player will be a massive addition for us. I see him more of a Modric role, in other words a deep lying playmaker which can dictate the play from the back and with decent defensive skills.

Erik Lamela's father has confirmed we are talking with Inter for 6m on loan and an option to move for 14m. I love that move as well, i hate this guy, to me he is a flop period. He probably can do more than he showed us, but the pace of the EPL, plus his usage in a wrong position has taken its toll and he lost his confidence, i think he will benefit from moving back to the league where he did well.

It turns out our last bid for Berahino was 18m with 4m in incentives. Levy is going to offer 23m with incentives now. If that doesn't get it done, I dunno what will.

Finally, Yedlin will be loaned out. Where though is the question. At least a dozen clubs across Europe want him. Interestingly, those clubs see him as a RW as opposed to an RB.

Personally i think we still need a right winger, especially since we are likely going to offload Lamela which played there last year. Townsend is the only other player we have there together with Lennon and neither are considered reliable options.

Illaramemdi is leaning towards coming to Spurs, apparently for 15m. Maybe he saw what happened the last time we bought a Real Madrid midfielder. I think that player will be a massive addition for us. I see him more of a Modric role, in other words a deep lying playmaker which can dictate the play from the back and with decent defensive skills.

Erik Lamela's father has confirmed we are talking with Inter for 6m on loan and an option to move for 14m. I love that move as well, i hate this guy, to me he is a flop period. He probably can do more than he showed us, but the pace of the EPL, plus his usage in a wrong position has taken its toll and he lost his confidence, i think he will benefit from moving back to the league where he did well.

It turns out our last bid for Berahino was 18m with 4m in incentives. Levy is going to offer 23m with incentives now. If that doesn't get it done, I dunno what will.

Finally, Yedlin will be loaned out. Where though is the question. At least a dozen clubs across Europe want him. Interestingly, those clubs see him as a RW as opposed to an RB.

Personally i think we still need a right winger, especially since we are likely going to offload Lamela which played there last year. Townsend is the only other player we have there together with Lennon and neither are considered reliable options.

I thought he was sold to Everton, just found out it was a loan :D

Lol, Ac Milan has put in Balotelli his contract that he can't smoke, can maximum drink a certain amount of alcohol, can't have strange haircuts or go to parties,... They sort of made a contract that says 'Mario, don't be Mario! ' :P

Might as well just tell him he cannot fuck.

De Bruyne to Man City, what do you guys think? I'm from Belgium and follow him for a while and I don't know if it's the best place for him. I would have rather liked to see him join a league with less physical football, something like Spain would have been better I think. He had a brilliant season last year, absolutely stunning!