Fedor signs with the UFC

neilzy

I heard something about Dana might wait until the 191 weigh-ins and announce it there.

• Upvote 2

And thus brings us back to our discussion a month or two ago; Fedor probably stands a chance against most of the heavyweights that are not in the top 4 (JDS, Velasquez, Werdum, Miocic).

At HW, realistically everyone can beat everyone, even more than in other divisions. But to be honest, some of these wins are just highly unlikely.

I am a big fan of JDS, but I think Fedor can beat him. He might be able to beat velasquez as well. Miocic is a bit of a less powerfull JDS in my opinion and is beatable also for Fedor. But Werdum? No, that I doubt.

Just to be clear, I would much rather see him at LHW now as there is even a bigger need for superstar there now in my opinion.

At HW, realistically everyone can beat everyone, even more than in other divisions. But to be honest, some of these wins are just highly unlikely.

I am a big fan of JDS, but I think Fedor can beat him. He might be able to beat velasquez as well. Miocic is a bit of a less powerfull JDS in my opinion and is beatable also for Fedor. But Werdum? No, that I doubt.

Just to be clear, I would much rather see him at LHW now as there is even a bigger need for superstar there now in my opinion.

I don't want to say who can he beat, because well he has been away for a long time. We dont know his shape or mindset
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Fedor vs Mir would be good. Mir isn't exactly a massive threat these days but still dangerous enough where if you can't beat him you won't make it + it would still sell a lot for the UFC.

I doubt Fedor will make serious title run, i see the UFC using him as a novelty fighter

Fedor vs Mir or Arlvoski would be my go to fight. Or perhaps Overeem vs Fedor could be fun as well, but I would rather like to see him face Mir /Arlvoski if he goes to HW.

But yeah, I strongly believe that he should fight at LHW. He walks around at a weight that is fine for a LHW and he would be huge for LHW. Not in height, but he is very strong and explosive. He would do more damage at LHW than at HW in the UFC in my opinion.

I would like to see a Cro Cop rematch as well as the match ups with Mir and Arlovski. Haven't been excited in the HW division since the JDS/Cain trilogy and it's with a bunch of old guys.

Fedor is better suited for the LHW division but I think because of the lack of depth, talent, and youth in the HW division he should stay there where he can have more success and there are way better match ups for him there.

Fedor vs Mir or Arlvoski would be my go to fight. Or perhaps Overeem vs Fedor could be fun as well, but I would rather like to see him face Mir /Arlvoski if he goes to HW.

But yeah, I strongly believe that he should fight at LHW. He walks around at a weight that is fine for a LHW and he would be huge for LHW. Not in height, but he is very strong and explosive. He would do more damage at LHW than at HW in the UFC in my opinion.

I would really like to see him at LHW, but I just don't know if he has the work ethic to cut the weight. I think he matches up well with more of the guys at LHW then he does at HW.

Remember guys, Fedor has already fought Bigfoot and Arlovski. Given Arlovski's position in the rankings right now I don't see that fight happening. A rematch with Bigfoot I could see because of the way their fight ended (Bigfoot TKO'd Fedor) and Fedor wanting redemption would probably sell even more.