Fedor signs with the UFC

neilzy

Fedor can redeem his losses here.. Hendo will want a peice and I know Bigfoot and Werdum do.

Cain, JDS and Werdum give him tons of trouble but anyone outside the top 3 I see him beating..

Fedor would not come back if he wasn't focuses and prepared fully, we know him better than that.

Fedor can redeem his losses here.. Hendo will want a peice and I know Bigfoot and Werdum do.

Cain, JDS and Werdum give him tons of trouble but anyone outside the top 3 I see him beating..

Fedor would not come back if he wasn't focuses and prepared fully, we know him better than that.

His bro is in jail, ruble has fallen tremendously. I suspect the need of money
  • Downvote 1

Arlovski wants the rematch as well.

I think with the correct guidance, and not those russian nutjobs that he has around him, there would be no question if he is the G.O.A.T. If he would have trained his technique as good as UFC fighters do now, he would easily have been 10% better or more. He is just a very naturally talented fighter and a good worker also, but he could have been even better for sure. His management and coaches aren't good enough for someone of his level. Pretty sure that he knows that as well, but is too humble to look for better guys to surround him.

His bro is in jail, ruble has fallen tremendously. I suspect the need of money

No way..

And even if Fedor is fighting for money, I think thats more motivation.. Remember what he always said

"I see every man as a man trying to put me and my family back to my poor days, and that man must be eliminated."

Fedor will reign again just watch

Fedor is the fighter that got me interested in MMA. No matter how many times he would lose in his return, he is going to be a legend forever! This calm intruiging russian that just destroyed guys a lot bigger than him was really fascinating. I hope that he didn't return for the money, but because he wants to show the world what he can still do.

• Upvote 2

Fedor is the fighter that got me interested in MMA. No matter how many times he would lose in his return, he is going to be a legend forever! This calm intruiging russian that just destroyed guys a lot bigger than him was really fascinating. I hope that he didn't return for the money, but because he wants to show the world what he can still do.

He will always be the greatest P4P fighter to ever live in my opinion.

Unless Werdum dominates everyone and holds the belt till he retires or Anderson or GSP comes back and dominates and win the titles.

Fedor is levels above anyone in my mind.

Jones not yet IMO, he came to the division at the right time and took himself out from competition while being the dirtiest fighter in history.

Aldo, yes.. Big Nog, Werdum, GSP, Anderson are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Actually, I would put Jones ahead of Aldo. I see Fedor as the G.O.A.T and then a tie between Werdum and Jones. But JOnes is most likely the most talented fighter to ever set foot in the cage.

Actually, I would put Jones ahead of Aldo. I see Fedor as the G.O.A.T and then a tie between Werdum and Jones. But JOnes is most likely the most talented fighter to ever set foot in the cage.

He is amazing and probably the best LHW of all time, at least will be when he comes back I do believe.

But his size advantage, and the way he dispatched of a dying division, Rua, Rampage, Lyoto, Glover, Bonnar, Chael and turning down Chael and ruining an event.. Isn't enough right now especially where they were all at in their careers at the point they met Jones. DC victory impressed the hell outta me and that by far is his best. I thought Jones lost the Gus fight, even now when I watch it over again and again.

I actually loved the Gus vs Jones fight. It really showed the heart and determination of Jones. It was a close fight, but made me a bigger believer in Jones chances to become the best ever one day, as he has heart as well. He hadn't been tested like that before and might never be again.

Vs Gus and Vitor.. and Chael when his toe was basically chopped off.. He showed tremendous heart in those fights and his heart and will and skill isn't what I question.. I just have to see him come back and continue his winning ways in order for me to consider him one of the best of ALL TIME.

I am a fan of Werdum, however i would not say he is anywhere near the level of Jones, Fedor, GSP, Anderson in terms of his legacy. He could get there though if he can have a good run at HW.

Personally i would like to see him fight someone like Mir if he comes to HW, both legends and both in their late 30s. If he is 205lbs, then Hendo would be my pick, a chance to go up against a guy which beat him, which still has name value, plus it will be a fight that wont be too demanding.

In general i think he should avoid big fighters which wrestle and he should also go back to his GnP game. The only fight he lost which he was dominated was the Big Nog fight, the other 2 losses he could have avoided with Werdum and Hendo.

Even when he lost to Werdum , Big foot or Dan Henderson , he was always gracious in defeat ; for Dan henderson it was a bit premature stopage and Fedor almost ko him before, same with werdum got submited afterputing down werdum and Big Foot dominated him on the ground but he was just eating punch with no signe of giving up.

I was really pissed with the Hendo-Fedor stoppage. if you know Fedor, you have to give him a chance to keep on fighting. He wasn't fully out and he never gives up. In my opinion it was a bad stoppage. Not awfull, but bad.

I'm in the same boat, bad stoppage but not terrible.

I just wonder how.many he plans on doing before ending it for a second time

I'd say 4 or 5 at the most perhaps 2/3 years? It will depend on how it goes for him.

I suspect they might give him Arlovski or Mir in his first fight which is winnable for him. It will be depending on that fight and how good he looks whether the UFC will push him for the belt, or make fights that will be competitive for him. He hasn't fought a really competitive match in a fair few years now so ring rust could play a big factor in his first fight.

I am glad however to see him finally in the UFC.

I'd say 4 or 5 at the most perhaps 2/3 years? It will depend on how it goes for him.

I suspect they might give him Arlovski or Mir in his first fight which is winnable for him. It will be depending on that fight and how good he looks whether the UFC will push him for the belt, or make fights that will be competitive for him. He hasn't fought a really competitive match in a fair few years now so ring rust could play a big factor in his first fight.

I am glad however to see him finally in the UFC.

Yeah but cage rust can get him in a predicament he wouldn't want to be in ....tho if he does stay focus, those bouts are winnable... Yeah you're right I say it all depends on how he looks out there

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/09/no-fedor-emelianenko-did-not-sign-with-the-ufc-today

The UFC’s “Go Big” news conference today in Las Vegas seemed the perfect place to announce the acquisition of heavyweight legend Fedor Emelianenko.

But alas, there’s no deal to announce, UFC President Dana White said.

“No,” the UFC executive said when asked if he might use the occasion to drop the news. “Next question.”

The answer was not what the hardcore fans in attendance wanted to hear, and they immediately let White know with a chorus of boos. Emelianenko (34-4), after all, is the white wale that’s eluded the promotion and kept them from satisfying the long-burning question of how “The Last Emperor” would fare in the UFC’s octagon.

“If I had something to tell you, we would have told you,” White cried out to fans. “Today’s ‘Go Big.’ If I had it, I’d tell you. I don’t got it. What do you want me to say?”

So far, the only word of Emelianenko’s plans has come from a report this week that claimed he was UFC-bound and could debut at November’s UFC 193 against a to-be-determined opponent. Denials were issued by the fighter and the promotion, but they weren’t enough to quell speculation that White might surprise everyone with news of a deal.

When the list of announcements rolled out for the UFC’s fall and winter plans, however, the absence of Emelianenko lingered heavily enough for a reporter to broach the subject with White.

Emelianenko, 38, recently announced he would return to competition three years after retiring from the sport. Of encouragement to his fans was White’s seeming willingness to talk with the fighter, despite repeatedly bad-mouthing his reps in the years since failed negotiations scratched a proposed mega-fight between with now ex-champ Brock Lesnar in 2009.

A report citing the heavyweight said the two sides were negotiating. But according to White, there’s nothing promising enough to make public.

Once thought unbeatable by a large and vocal section of MMA fans, Emelianenko slid after rejecting the UFC’s 2009 offer, said to be massively lucrative, to fight for the now-defunct Strikeforce. Following a successful debut against Brett Rogers, he was submitted by now-UFC heavyweight champ Fabricio Werdum, ending a virtually unblemished 10-year win streak.

Emelianenko continued to flag after his loss to Werdum, losing subsequent bouts to current UFC fighters Antonio Silva and Dan Henderson. The latter loss to Henderson, who fought most of his career at middleweight, prompted him to declare his retirement.

In 2011, however, he returned to the M-1 Global ring, beating onetime UFC heavyweight title challenger Jeff Monson and then Olympia gold medalist judoka Satoshi Ishii. After beating veteran heavyweight Pedro Rizzo, he formally announced his retirement and then took a job as a minister of sport in Russia.

In July, it was reported that Emelianenko had returned to training. His former promoter, ex-Strikeforce CEO and current Bellator President Scott Coker, balked at offering a deal.

• Upvote 2

It doesn't really matter as that original article was full of BS and the UFC hasn't signed him.

• Upvote 1

It doesn't really matter as that original article was full of BS and the UFC hasn't signed him.

I think so ....I don't know....Dana said if there was something that big he would've said it ...but he didn't so Fedor might not be affiliated with the organization sadly ....we will see soon based on the actions of the UFC later on tho

• Downvote 1