Holy crap takedowns are hard!

Lockdown

I really don't follow the game anymore or the engine changes but good lord takedowns seem hard these days

Definitely thought I would get him down at least once considering the skill gap - I wasn't even spamming either lol http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=783915

Fair play to the opponent though, shut down basically everything

• Upvote 1

Its just pure luck... Takedown, position, (instant)escape,sweep, submission etc. You may get something or not.

Pulkkinen got 70% takedown rate. Maybe because hes mixing a lot and actually he isnt relying purely on takedowns.

It's because he's a 4'11 LHW and so his takedown drives all hit the opponent's ankles and trip them up. :P

• Upvote 2

Could the predict fighters strategy thing had a bigger affect on grapplers than strikers? (This is more on the comment about grapplers being in their weakest state atm. )

definitely. When predict was first announced, I got a message from Duphus telling me how it would kill grapplers and he was spot on. All a striker needs to do in the first round is %100 predict td's and once they stuff a few they will have an energy advantage. They would still be landing their shots and doing damage and be much more able to absorb the grapplers strikes. By the time the "adjust" tickbox kicked in they have a pretty good energy lead and are on pace to win the fight. Now you add in escapes being overly strong and grapplers are weaker than ever. Ref standups being slowed down helped grapplers, but escapes trumped that fix.

definitely. When predict was first announced, I got a message from Duphus telling me how it would kill grapplers and he was spot on. All a striker needs to do in the first round is %100 predict td's and once they stuff a few they will have an energy advantage. They would still be landing their shots and doing damage and be much more able to absorb the grapplers strikes. By the time the "adjust" tickbox kicked in they have a pretty good energy lead and are on pace to win the fight. Now you add in escapes being overly strong and grapplers are weaker than ever. Ref standups being slowed down helped grapplers, but escapes trumped that fix.

I noticed that extra slider thing at the bottom but haven't used it. I never thought it actually affected the fights, just thought it was for archiving data or something. Wow. Tycoon is getting overly complicated lol

My guy Simba Jr had no ground stats higher than superb, his transitions at the time were competent and I was fighting a guy who had submitted my Red Belt Jack Calypso TWICE who had all Elite++ ground stats..

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=757848

That's the fight, I somehow won.. he basically spammed TD's for the whole fight but he did get Simba Jr down 11 times and wasn't able to do anything against a mediocre grappler in Simba.. That shocked me and kinda started to push me away from building ground fighters or trying to take grapplers to a top level.

I have no problems with insta-escapes, they are realistic, especially since you really on see them much at lower weight classes. Ref stand ups still aren't realistic though.

Escapes are fine as far as I can see. I have only used them Wonderful-Elite so far and wonderful only at lower ID levels so i wouldn't know if they are too OP at low skill levels.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have no problems with insta-escapes, they are realistic, especially since you really on see them much at lower weight classes. Ref stand ups still aren't realistic though.

Escapes are fine as far as I can see. I have only used them Wonderful-Elite so far and wonderful only at lower ID levels so i wouldn't know if they are too OP at low skill levels.

I agree with everything you mentioned here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Instant escapes are very much overpowered and should be toned down. You can get 5 takedowns in a fight and never have a chance to work on the ground which sucks the life out of fighters who use grappling as part of their game.

But... is that impossible or uncommon for an MMA fight? I'd really think it depends on skill levels, if you have elite balance, flex, agility, speed, etc.. should be pretty good at bouncing off the ground lol. It's tough for me to make decision without seeing anything that was like, okay, this is ridiculous. Anybody have examples?

But... is that impossible or uncommon for an MMA fight? I'd really think it depends on skill levels, if you have elite balance, flex, agility, speed, etc.. should be pretty good at bouncing off the ground lol. It's tough for me to make decision without seeing anything that was like, okay, this is ridiculous. Anybody have examples?

I'm sure these are far from the most egregious examples but very accessible considering he's the current #1.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=770470 6 takedowns 4 insta escapes

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=770470 4 takedowns 3 insta escapes

takedowns do seem harder since the predict but they have seem harder for some time now even when predict sliders werent around, unless you counter takedown (which is even tougher now) -- which like many state dont have problem with hard takedowns as long as its just as hard or harder to stand up -- i also can see the insta escapes working good if skill is high enough its just still ref stand ups to me some -- i actually got my first sub win in a really long time today

Hammer meet nail. Bingo! The problem with the ground game isn't the escapes, ref stand ups, randomness of it all, it's the prediction sliders as you have so simply explained. If you're a striker facing a grappler predict takedowns, eat his shots and wait for the energy drain to kick in. You will win 8-9 times out of ten.

talking about elite physicals is kind of pointless considering the opponent would have all the same elite physicals as well. I've got 2 or 3 guys with low exc or high wonderful escapes that pop back up pretty fast.

I've had plenty of fights go the other way for me lately too. where my grappler cant hold the opponent down to save their life. Part of the problem may be that we are all so used to slidering to try to avoid the insta-ref standup as well how tired our grapplers are when they actually get it to the ground since predict came in.