Why the hell is McGregor being saluted...

embalmer

For fighting Nate?

I been listening to a few podcasts and they all pretty much salutes Conor for fighting Nate

Wtf's up with that? I know he was to fight RDA, but when that fight fell through he was offered a list of willing opponents, most of them 155ers.

Conor though, he picked Nate, who was inactive and not by far fully trained, who also agreed to fight at a lower weight than 170. It was Conor who offered to fight at 170, now how can he be hailed for that?

Picking a fighter that he thinks is the easiest to beat, and on top of that he agreed to a heavier weightlimit than necessary.

Conor's just fkkin arrogant and overconfident. Stupid move, why the fkk are people saying he took a chance to fight nate? He fkkin handpicked him cuz he was the easiest fight!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Technically he did take a chance to fight Nate because it was up in weight class + Nate is not exactly a guy on form. He was 2-3 in his last 5 fights going into the Conor fight. It did not do Conor any favors by moving up with so little time to go, but in my opinion Conor is to blame. He should of stuck to a fight at 155lbs, so yeah, you are right, he should not be "saluted" for being dumb.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

He stepped up and others didn't. Respect for that. Dumb or not, his bank balance just went up again

Hey what the hell you saying there Bjorn?

Who stepped up? Conor could have fought a 155er, Cerrone was up for it for sure, just won a fight and was in fightshape, from what I understsnd Ferguson and Alvarez was rdy aswell. Im sure there was a bunch of guy willing to fight Conor but he handpicked Nate, who has a style Conor normaly excels vs, Nate was also out of camp, nate agreed to 165, im sure he would have agreed to 160, but conor said 170.

Conor did ok first round then got clipped, gased and got lit up.

Still people salute conor.. Ballsy move, took a chance, fought a bigger guy, fkk that, conor hold ALL cards, he handpicked opp and fucked up..

Jesus this fucking guy, getting crushed still people acts like he won

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He stepped up. Aldo said no, Edgar said no, who else should be fight. I knew Nate was going to be a much tougher fight than most expected and styles make fights and Conor showed up.. Tons of respect Conor is still the fucking man!!!! No one has attempted what he has done.

Cerrone got spanked badly by Nate, and Nates always in shape, on a "yacht" or not..Dana and Lozenzo didn't offer Pettis, Alvarez or anyone else who would accept. Fans wanted this fight, it wa sa great fight and didn't disappoint.

Whatever opponent it was, people would have hated on him anyways for it...

Give the guy some credit.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I am not a McGregor fan, let that be clear,but hats of to the guy. How many would go up two divisions to fight a guy who isn't even the champ...?! He talks a lot but he can fight as well. And in defeat he showed great sportsmanship . I honestly was looking forward to seeing him beat to see how he would handle it and he took it like a champ.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Cerrone is a better matchup for McGregor, both strikers, with McGregor being a bit more elusive and quickier.

Nate Diaz is a much worse matchup for McGregor since he cant KO him, in my opinion, i salute Conor too, because he prepared for a Dos Anjos fight , wich is 5.8 tall, Nate Diaz is 6.0, too much mroe taller than McGregor (or Dos Anjos) , the only incognita was Nate Diaz cardio since he didnt had a camp, but turned out he had even better cardio than McGregor = he won.

The match was not for the belt, and neither a title eliminator, it was a fan favourite match, a match to save the PPV card , since these Brasilian fighters keep being douchebags as usual, i have mad rspect BOTH for McGregor to accept the risk of blowing out his hype train, and for Nate Diaz that accepted the fight without a camp.

Honestly i dont know why the hate on McGregor, but i guess the sayng "haters gonna hate" is true.

I used to hate on McGregor because he was cocky and I wanted to see him lose, then he lost to Diaz and didn't really make an excuse after he lost, so I really don't have a problem with him now.

• Upvote 1

His real person is not cocky, he is a very humble and respectful man, you should see him outside the UFC promote to understand what kind of person he is.

If he didnt had this WWE type of character, he wouldnt make 60Gs BABYYYY, and Dana White wouldnt clock the 1bn$ dollar mark.

Even when he win he always respect the opponents after the fight, but i agree, in the press conferencees i both hate and love him at the same time, but it is all for the promo and aura that he is making for himself.

• Upvote 1

He demonstrated good grappling skills in the first round when he still had gas left, he was teabagging Nate Diaz in the last seconds.

Everythign changed halfway the second round when he totally gassed out and started to not defend from Nate Diaz relentless strikes, totally gassed he went for the dumbest takedown in history of MMA, he had zero defense on the groudn with his arms flayng in the air, he rolled to the right as sayng " lets fucking finish this, im done" and he got choke raped, or you have other reasons to explain this??? Nate Daiz massive showcase of BJJ in that fight perhaps??

He demonstrated good grappling skills in the first round when he still had gas left, he was teabagging Nate Diaz in the last seconds.

This, one thing I noticed was the guard and how he used it to work an ankle pick to get into a better position - it was some solid jits that people have been saying he lacked, even in the second when he lost he was defending fairly well for a bit. Say what you will but when it comes down to it Nate has a black belt in BJJ, the guy just had the skill to nullify Conors defense on the ground. Conor doesn't excel but he showed he has some competence at that level.

By what I saw I have little doubt that he has the ability to defend vs a smaller guy like Mendes even if he had a full camp. I don't say this meaning he'll win every time, just that he doesn't lack the ground game like some people have been saying.

This was a step up when you consider that Nate was taller, has a strange striking style to deal with, and was clearly known to have better BJJ going into the match. This whole McGregor picked the weakest opponent thing is a load of shit, styles make matches and the match up was more interesting then people gave it credit for.

The sayng that he lack grappling skill and BJJ is just bullshit from the hate train.

Dont forget that he is a Brown belt, i mean, they dont give Brown belts away that easily, expecially when you do competitions.

He show quickness balance and flexibility on the ground, what he really lack is standup takedown defense, because of his long limbs (his legs are very long for a guy of his size) and because of his striking posture, and even then he can sometimes defend from takedowns (if you see his grappling stats in the UFC site, they show a high percentage of takedowns defended.)

Really there is nothing shocking in the loss against Nate Diaz, he didnt lost because he lòacket skills at all, he lost because he blow naway the gameplan because he have $$ in his mind, he wanted to end it quickly and in spectacular fashion, and ofcourse he showed an unbelievable shit cardio for some reasons, i think it have something to do with his diet, eating only meat for a long period maybe, i am not an expert on that though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

His real person is not cocky, he is a very humble and respectful man, you should see him outside the UFC promote to understand what kind of person he is.

If he didnt had this WWE type of character, he wouldnt make 60Gs BABYYYY, and Dana White wouldnt clock the 1bn$ dollar mark.

Even when he win he always respect the opponents after the fight, but i agree, in the press conferencees i both hate and love him at the same time, but it is all for the promo and aura that he is making for himself.

He was cocky. People that aren't cocky don't name the rounds they are going to win in. People that aren't cocky don't say they are moving weight classes because there isn't anybody left to fight. People that aren't cocky don't say that they are creating their own belt and division because nobody can compete with them.

• Upvote 2

He was cocky. People that aren't cocky don't name the rounds they are going to win in. People that aren't cocky don't say they are moving weight classes because there isn't anybody left to fight. People that aren't cocky don't say that they are creating their own belt and division because nobody can compete with them.

Man, it is part of the promote, it is all fiction for the hype and increase views and interest.

Even Daniel Cormier do sounds like a douchebag, but outside the promote is a "family man" .

I salute him for fighting when his original opponent backed out. Anybody that does that is great IMO. People saluting him for moving up and fighting the bigger guy is dumb because they were on even playing fields unlike Conor at FW. Conor is a natural LW and so is Nate. Nate is taller but Conor is definitely the more muscular, stronger guy especially with Nate having no camp at all. That fight was a fight between two LW's that cut no weight. I can't salute him for fighting someone of his own weight class. Dana is trying to save face by glorifying this "acheivement" of "moving up 2 weight classes". In classic Dana fashion he also threw GSP under the bus to try and make what Conor did look like it was an amazing feat.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/3/9/11186766/ufc-196-dana-white-interview-conor-mcgregor-vs-diaz-georges-st-pierre-vs-anderson-silva-mma

• Upvote 2

People keep claiming Conor "gassing" is an excuse for losing. That's like saying "I lost because my chin wasn't good enough" is an excuse as well haha.

Chin and cardio are two completely different things. One you can train... like, vastly improve. Like cardio... and chin... it's not an excuse for losing, it looked like the contributing factor in his loss, followed by eating punches instead of dodging or slipping, and his inability to follow his corners advice.

His jitz wasn't on show. The ankle pick was nice but Diaz could have been easily been using it to bait Conor in. When Nate finally did get on top, Conor barely knew who he was. There were no positive or negative jitz from Conor in the fight.

I disagree, the fact that you're saying you didn't see positive or negative jits from Conor is good considering the situation. Nate has better jiu-jitsu for sure but the guy is a black belt so it makes sense that he was able to do what he did. The problem wasn't that Conor has bad jiu-jitsu, as someone else brought up he does have a brown belt so he's pretty damn good but Nate was just so much better that Conor isn't at a stage where he had the answers but I'm sure the guy is going to be putting in some work to help close that gap by his next fight.

I'm not saying Conor has world class BJJ yet, I'm just saying he has a ground game that can work in the UFC and he's only going to be improving it.

I still disagree a bit, in the first round McGregor outwrestled Nate Diaz, in the last seconds of the first round McGregor almost put himself in a position to ground n pound Nate, thats becasue he still had a lot of gas left.

McGregor show a lot of elusiveness and quickness in the ground game, i am pretty sure he can do well defensive grappling with everybody, including Nate, really he only got choked because he was totally out of gas, you can tell he did wanted to end the fight, as he served his neck to Diaz like " Stop ground n' pounding me , i give my neck to you and i will tap as soon you put pressure on it", infact he did rolled to his back as he couldnt block the ground n pound, his arms completly flailing in the air as he was totally gassed, he decidet to end that way, get choked with a quick tap.