Jon Jones already in trouble again -- Total B/S here and why he will never learn

PBR

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones is free to focus on his rematch with Daniel Cormier after being cleared of multiple traffic violations.

On Jan. 31, Jones was pulled over for driving 75 miles per hour in a 35 mile per hour zone in Albuquerque, N.M. He was cited for driving without a license, proof of registration or insurance but was not charged for reckless driving. According to a report from TMZ.com, Jones provided proof of registration and insurance in court on Wednesday morning.

Jones then agreed to donate $100 to the New Mexico Animal Humane Society as a good faith gesture. He will not face further penalty as long as he stays out of trouble for the next 90 days.

Jones will face Cormier in the UFC 197 headliner on April 23 in Las Vegas, his first bout since being stripped of the 205-pound title and suspended indefinitely last year. Jones defeated Cormier via unanimous decision in their first meeting at UFC 182.

this is why people like jones never learn from anything and think they are above the law -- if this would of been any just normal everyday person they would of been taken straight to jail for reckless driving -- not to mention everything being drop in return for $100 donation -- now maybe a $100k donation would of hit little more home or some other bullshit -- just unreal shit, especially with his past b/s it should of been at minimum a felony

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So much talent given to such scum. 100 dollars for driving 40 over the speed limit. My dad got a 400 dollar ticket for going 6 miles over the speed limit. This is such a joke; I can't wait till his career is over and the UFC doesn't give a crap about him since he no longer makes them money and he keeps on doing this dumb shit. That's when he will learn because you know after he's done fighting he's gonna continue doing dumb shit he just won't be getting away with shit so easily.

It's amazing what you can get away with when you have some money and fame. Anyone else would be sitting in a jail cell right now for that hit and run incident (especially when a pregnant women was involved and the fact he returned to the scene to get some cash). How many goddamn traffic violations can you commit in one life anyway, remember when he wrapped his car around a lamp post while under the influence? He underwent an alcohol-awareness program that clearly did piss-all to help him. At this point, if I was Dana I'd cut him. Show that there are actual repercussions for your wrongdoings. No matter how much money you make or how many people know your name, that doesnt give you the right to be an arsehole.

so now he was on mma talk show bragging about just getting pulled over and getting 5 tickets -- drag racing, exhibition of acceleration, swerving lane changes 3 times, altering exhaust and no registration -- fucking moron cant wait for him to fuck up bad enough that dana and crew cant help him -- also bragging how he lost his cool on the cop

• Upvote 2

Jon Jones was arrested for violating his probation in Albuquerque, N.M., on Tuesday.

A search of Bernalillo Country Metro Dentention Center online records confirms at Jones was taken into custody at 10 a.m. MT. TMZ first reported that a judge issued a warrant for Jones’ arrest after the UFC light heavyweight was ticketed for drag racing, having a modified exhausted, swerving between lanes, exhibitionist driving and obscuring his license plates’s registration on March 24. In body camera video of the incident, Jones disputes the police officer’s account and calls him a “f—-ing liar” and a “pig.”

Jones is currently on probation for fleeing the scene of a hit-and-run accident in Albuquerque last year that left a pregnant woman with a broken arm. One of the conditions of Jones’ 18-month probation sentence was that he avoid getting into any further trouble with the law.

The drag racing incident wasn’t Jones’ first brush with law enforcement in 2016. On Jan. 31, he was pulled over for driving 75 miles per hour in a 35 mile per hour zone and was cited for driving without a license, proof of registration or insurance. He was cleared of the violations after providing proof of insurance and registration in court last week and donated $100 to the New Mexico Animal Humane Society as a good faith gesture. Jones was not to face any further penalty for those violation had he stayed out of trouble for the next 90 days.

Jones is scheduled to face Daniel Cormier in a light heavyweight title rematch at UFC 197 on April 23 in Las Vegas. At the moment it is unclear if Jones will have to be removed from the card.

"UFC is aware that Jon Jones turned himself into the Albuquerque Police Department this morning for a potential probation violation stemming from a traffic stop last week," the promotion said in a statement.

"UFC has been in touch with Jones' legal team and will have no further comment until the organization has had appropriate time to gather necessary information."

I wonder what will come of it though

In this video, the cop tells him he was aggressively accelerating and he WASNT over the speed limit. Ive read 40mph over the speed limit and ive heard 26mph over so obviously someone has some shitty information. As Scooby, i'd just shut the hell up and go to court, the judges usually toss all this shit out and you pay court fees because the cop never shows up... But if im Jon, im just gonna say yes sir, no sir and pay the damn fines because hes got a record especially vehicular shit. But its hard to prove a person is drag racing without having a speed on your radar gun.

The cop had to be egging him on "I usually sleep on my left side and often times on my back" shutchoass up lmao

• Upvote 2

the 40mph and 26mph were from another case a couple months ago. I think the cop was pretty ridiculous being a dick but jones deserves it.

well in his defense being called a fucking lair and pig to your face does get old, although they are suppose to be above that it still gets old and gets to you

• Upvote 1

well in his defense being called a fucking lair and pig to your face does get old, although they are suppose to be above that it still gets old and gets to you

Yeah, but how many people work jobs where everyone talks shit to them, nobody forces you to be a cop. I mean, im a fuckin cable guy, imagine the shit you get for someones wifi not working. (Not that this guy was way out of line or anything. He was just being cynical with a cynical guy) In the end Tycooner said it best... The guy is amazing in the cage but is a dumbass once he steps out of it. Immaturity is one thing but i think that immaturity was paired with immense skill growing up in a house of pro athletes who probably all had a silver spoon for being the "BEST kid on the team" their entire lives. His brothers dont behave much differently.

• Upvote 1

I agree with you, but the cop also came up to him with an asshole attitude from the beginning too. I mean how many of those tickets are going to hold up? Jones got cited for street racing but the cop admits in the video that jones never broke the speed limit. Then he tells jones, "you both took off aggressively but the other car slowed down you didn't" But he already told jones he didn't break the speed limit, so how in the hell does it matter if jones didn't slow down. In that case he shoulda pulled over the other car for going too slow.

Jones is also driving a brand new vette, doesn't take those things very long to get up to a speed past the speed limit. They go 0-60 in under 4 seconds lol. So if Jones was really street racing, pretty impossible that he would be able to get pulled over before he was speeding.

Honestly I have to side with jones here, I don't think the video helps the cop at all. Then you can clearly see him get frustrated adding on the multiple tickets for the license plate and the loud tail pipe. Are we even sure that pipe is an aftermarket pipe? If the car is street legal then there's nothing he can do.

Then the cop says, "Your lucky you didn't get arrested for street racing tonight." Now lets think this through, he just pulled over a guy on probation with a breathalyzer in his car who just recently got cited for doing 45mph over the speed limit and the guy called him a fucking liar and a pig. If Jones was really street racing, he would've been taken to jail. I think the cop knew that he had nothing to back that he was racing. I have to say that Jones got pulled over for nothing more than reving his engine at the red light just like he said.

I don't disagree that Jones is dumb. After all the shit he's been through he should've been nice from the beginning and he shouldn't do anything with his vehicle to give even the slightest reason to get pulled over. However, none of this adds up and i'll be surprised if most or all of those tickets are dropped. I Doubt the cop even shows up for court tbh.

• Upvote 1

True, but unless he has video it would be very hard to prove in court after already saying he didn't break the speed limit.

You must not be familiar with the US justice system. If the cop shows up the judge automatically takes his word as gold. That being said, I am sure there is dash cam footage at least while he was tailing Jones. Not of the initial takeoff. He didn't get a ticket for speeding, so it doesn't really matter if he can prove speeding or not.