New City

iloveme8

need a contract for that montreal fighter?

Thanks johnny, but I promised a guy on irc that I'd join his org.

I'll do my best to put on a good show in your main event tonight, even if I don't win ;)

I'm from Hawaii so here are some stadium names: The Aloha Bowl (Aloha Stadium is where Univeristy of Hawaii football plays and is being considered for a future UFC event, seats 50,000), Rainbow Arena (Rainbow Stadium is where UH baseball is played, seats 4,000), and something that sounds similar to the Neil Blaisdell Center (where all the ICON sports and Rumble on the Rocks happened, seats 8,000). It's a concert venue but you could also include an equivalent of the Waikiki Shell too (6,000). All these places are in Honolulu and not Hilo but there really isn't all that much sports stuff on the Big Island besides BJ Penn's house.

I remember when people were telling me not to let each city get over 2000 fighters because everything would get too complicated, so it seems that human nature is always going to be to worry about the negative implications of all changes.

From my point of view, cities aren't ever meant to be perfect. People will say e.g. "Helskini doesn't have any decent gyms" or something like that but you can't expect every city to have a perfect version of every type of business... that's kinda the point as far as I'm concerned. Each city is different. Also, people simply don't want to join some cities - if we had no new cities ever again, Sydney will never be as popular a city as New York or Las Vegas.

Adding new cities every so often is a good way to let newer users catch up and become competitive on a global level. We haven't had a new city for a long time now so one was due.

I remember when people were telling me not to let each city get over 2000 fighters because everything would get too complicated, so it seems that human nature is always going to be to worry about the negative implications of all changes.

From my point of view, cities aren't ever meant to be perfect. People will say e.g. "Helskini doesn't have any decent gyms" or something like that but you can't expect every city to have a perfect version of every type of business... that's kinda the point as far as I'm concerned. Each city is different. Also, people simply don't want to join some cities - if we had no new cities ever again, Sydney will never be as popular a city as New York or Las Vegas.

Adding new cities every so often is a good way to let newer users catch up and become competitive on a global level. We haven't had a new city for a long time now so one was due.

Agreed, just wishing that Seoul was the newest place. I actually waited a month for VIP thinking a new city would come soon, and look how long it was since Helsinki. I know that the rest of the world has no idea, but Koreans really, really love fighting. A lot.

Then again maybe I'm happy because I can't really move my org over to there if it was Seoul.

lol 3 orgs and 4 gyms for 14 fighter... its gonna be tough signing guys.

I opened the first gym i think.

I didn't bank on three other opening on the same day though, but i'm not worried. I'll make Creative Destruction the elite gym of Hilo.

Agreed, just wishing that Seoul was the newest place. I actually waited a month for VIP thinking a new city would come soon, and look how long it was since Helsinki. I know that the rest of the world has no idea, but Koreans really, really love fighting. A lot.

Then again maybe I'm happy because I can't really move my org over to there if it was Seoul.

Seeing as how most of the major MMA cities are already in, I can see Seoul being added in the near future, which would be great for me as a Korean haha

I like the idea of new cities because they offer a level playing field. While it is unlikely anyone will create a new fighter in Vegas, Rio etc.. that will make it to the top of any of the P4P lists in that city anytime soon it is quite possible for any given fighter created the first couple months of a new city to be the YB Sol of that location if you will.

Anyone planning on creating new fighters in Hilo be sure to check out this gym. http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5428

I've made it take longer to get to Tokyo now, it was too quick before. To be honest, it's just a pain in the arse trying to find out proper times and costs so I make them up. Apparently it takes 15 hours from Hilo to Sydney in real life so it's quicker here (and cheaper) than in real life.

I'm a noob and I'm happy there's a noob city now. Thanks boss.

I've got two fighters in Hilo and going to make more soon but I need some sponsorship help.

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=32133

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=32636

I've made it take longer to get to Tokyo now, it was too quick before. To be honest, it's just a pain in the arse trying to find out proper times and costs so I make them up. Apparently it takes 15 hours from Hilo to Sydney in real life so it's quicker here (and cheaper) than in real life.

It appears that way but the fifteen hour jump is due to crossing the international dateline, not because the two places are so far apart and you're actually spending that much time in the air. Hawaii and California are three timezones apart and Hawaii and Sydney are four timezones apart. The costs of visiting London and Hilo from Sydney being the same just doesn't make sense. Tokyo -> Sydney costing more than Tokyo -> Los Angeles also doesn't really make sense. Tokyo -> LA also costs less than Tokyo -> Hilo even though Hawaii is half the distance from Tokyo as LA. Anyway, sorry if I sound too negative but the weird travel times and costs are something I've noticed before.