fixing free agents

edwardsfan

You're right. The Denver Broncos should get the number one pick in the draft.

They might have been able to, depending on who they wanted to trade but that was last month. But we don't have a draft here, so your point is mute.

How about this then. A que?

You pick up a fighter then you go to the bottom of the que?

You want to hold out for a good fighter then wait til you enter the top of the que.

A laps in VIP membership knocks you back to the bottom of the que. That encourages ppl to buy VIP and keep it.

So what's wrong with that idea?

You want to hold out for a good fighter then wait til you enter the top of the que.

A laps in VIP membership knocks you back to the bottom of the que. That encourages ppl to buy VIP and keep it.

Here's a better idea, drop you idea already.

• Upvote 1

or just keep it how it is now. you want a good FA, get better at the game and build up your rank, earn it

• Upvote 1

I rarely pick free agents,

but I believe there is reason why in professional sport leagues like NHL, MLB, etc weakest teams have priority picks.

There is the integrity of the game sort of thing, even then you still had the suck for Luck thing in 2012. It wouldn't stop people sucking to get the top free agents in the game.

That's a concept that would be pretty hard to fathom. Considering the time it takes to book a fight and lose and doing it quickly enough to snatch a free agent off the market in just 7 days time. And also considering you don't know what other players are bidding and what they are ranked. In the end that concept isn't very feasible and an even worse strategy.

Didn't you and Shiv have a competition of who could go up the rankings the quickest by creating 25 year olds and crushing noobs in the process in order to gain access to the top free agents in the game? Do that in reverse, you can lose about 40 fights in a week doing it that way, you would be in with a pretty good shot of landing whoever you wanted.

• Upvote 2

Do you even realise how unfeasible that is?

You're essentially saying most managers will only ever be able to pick up 1, maybe 2 FA's for the rest of their Tycoon career if they are lucky (Or more in the event literally nobody else wants that FA which screams they are shit anyway)

We already have the older managers complaining about the pace of the game because their fighters will be retiring soon and they don't have any projects fresh and ready to step up to the big leagues to replace them. Imagine telling them they literally have no choice but to wait until that fighter is ready because they can't pick up any FA's? Who knows, maybe you are one of those guys and your boredom is causing you to come up with terrible ideas. They'll just say fuck that and leave the game.

Didn't you and Shiv have a competition of who could go up the rankings the quickest by creating 25 year olds and crushing noobs in the process in order to gain access to the top free agents in the game? Do that in reverse, you can lose about 40 fights in a week doing it that way, you would be in with a pretty good shot of landing whoever you wanted.

lmfao, he really is laughable now

• Upvote 1

There is the integrity of the game sort of thing, even then you still had the suck for Luck thing in 2012. It wouldn't stop people sucking to get the top free agents in the game.

That would cost a lot of money.

And shiv ripped that off from me. And it all boils down to the #1 problem in the game. It takes fuck all amount of time to create new fighters. Part of the reason why I say new managers need a leg up. But I'm thinking in terms of getting new ppl invested in the game and you guys are simply trying to protect an advantage

And shiv ripped that off from me. And it all boils down to the #1 problem in the game. It takes fuck all amount of time to create new fighters. Part of the reason why I say new managers need a leg up. But I'm thinking in terms of getting new ppl invested in the game and you guys are simply trying to protect an advantage

An advantage I don't even have? Yeah, totally trying to protect it. I don't really care about trying to pick up FA's, but your idea is terrible.

You give new managers a leg up by giving them a great FA, that great FA will be competing against the best fighters in the big orgs, and against, wait for it...The best managers. Meaning in 95% of cases, they are going to get absolutely demolished, and likely demoralise them from the game. The phrase "Learn to walk before you run" fits quite well here.

Free agent dibs? it already allows newer managers a chance to get a top free agent instantly (gotta love the instant gratification factor) and it encourages them to be part of the community.

As far as a lot of money? I'd keep them and release one of them every time I got someone I wanted until I had a monster line up of fighters and it would prolly take about 3 months and cost me about $30-40 which is about 1.5mil game cash, which isn't a lot.

I would suggest something, but I don't really have a problem with the way things are just now and the old saying, if it ain't broke then don't fix it.

Suggest away. It's an open forum. If your idea is better I'll scrap mine and adopt yours. Anything would be more logical than the archaic standard we have now

That statement is false. The way it is now is way better than the ideas you have suggested

I find it ironic you claim to be all for helping new managers in the FA market after Dinooo pointed out you had a competition with Shiv which was designed to can crush new players in order to give yourself a better chance at getting FA's. So now you are a reformed character is it?

Twookool you're not a very good manager. This would all help you. Are you a feeder account for a better account and that's why you are so aggressive?

Personal attacks and unfounded claims, lovely, I think this shows according to your previous statement who is winning and who is losing here. No need to post on this anymore, you've talked yourself in circles.

• Upvote 2

Twookool you're not a very good manager. This would all help you. Are you a feeder account for a better account and that's why you are so aggressive?

Uh oh, did I just diverge a major flaw to the current system?

my rank is lower because i had to take the past two months off from the game. and i never claimed to be a great manager. but way to start throwing punches because poeple dont agree with you

I find it ironic you claim to be all for helping new managers in the FA market after Dinooo pointed out you had a competition with Shiv which was designed to can crush new players in order to give yourself a better chance at getting FA's. So now you are a reformed character is it?

Personal attacks and unfounded claims, lovely, I think this shows according to your previous statement who is winning and who is losing here. No need to post on this anymore, you've talked yourself in circles.

Lol yeah my character is in question.

I would leave the thread too. As soon as we start getting to the nitty gritty of the issue.

Lol yeah my character is in question.

I would leave the thread too. As soon as we start getting to the nitty gritty of the issue.

there is no issue

I've yet to hear anything negative about the que idea.

You buy VIP and you become apart of the que.

You drop VIP you fall out of the que

Do you even realise how unfeasible that is?

You're essentially saying most managers will only ever be able to pick up 1, maybe 2 FA's for the rest of their Tycoon career if they are lucky (Or more in the event literally nobody else wants that FA which screams they are shit anyway)

We already have the older managers complaining about the pace of the game because their fighters will be retiring soon and they don't have any projects fresh and ready to step up to the big leagues to replace them. Imagine telling them they literally have no choice but to wait until that fighter is ready because they can't pick up any FA's? Who knows, maybe you are one of those guys and your boredom is causing you to come up with terrible ideas. They'll just say fuck that and leave the game.

lmfao, he really is laughable now

I suck as a manager and I got a FA credit on S&W and guess what...I can't get him to win any fights...Would me getting more FAs because I suck be better? No, because I would still suck and the FAs would still lose.

You're right. The Denver Broncos should get the number one pick in the draft.

People are blasting you for this but I actually think you make a great point here...

Against yourself.

You're right. Denver Broncos should/will/do have the last pick in the draft... but that's the draft, free agency is different. Since we're talking free agency and not the draft and you want to relate it to football let me relate it to the NFL for a second. We're talking free agency and Denver is the top manager in the game and has cap space(roster space). Which team are top quality free agents going to want to go to if all contract offers are the same. We'll take location out of the equation as well. Are they going to sign with the Cleveland Browns or are they going to sign with a team that just want the Super Bowl?

It's not even a real question. The answer is too obvious. Being a beast and becoming the best should and does merit the reward of having first dibs on the best free agents in the game.

Let's venture away from the NFL and arrive back in the MMA world but this time we'll pretend the game is real life. Are free agents more likely to go with a noob with a horrible rank who is still learning what he is doing or worse, a veteran who still hasn't figure it out... or is a fighter more than likely to take an offer from the best manager in the game. What is better for their careers?

Once again, it's basically a rhetorical question because the answer is too obvious. A fighter isn't going to sign with a manager who has the most money but doesn't know how to get him the best training and the best gameplan going into fights.

Now let's go back into the game. Throwing the best free agent fighters out there into the hands a noob or someone still trying to grasp the game isn't helping anyone. Not only will it likely lead to a bunch of losses for that fighter the aforementioned manager still hasn't learned a thing. Even if he wins it's because a top fighter was dropped into lap, not because he improved and learned the game bettter.

Getting top free agents is a reward for learning the game, training up good fighters and becoming one of the best in the game if not the best. It's just another incentive to get better at the game and train up projects that can become good fighters. Dropping a Ferrari in the hands of a 16 year old rarely ends well. You gotta learn how to drive before you're handed the keys. Much like Bjorn with Syn actually :D

So in conclusion, no you're wrong.

• Upvote 2