Fedor vs Maldonado

what a fight... it should've been stopped.

It probably would have been if it wasn't Fedor.

I'll have to look at it again since I was multitasking the first time I watched it, but I doubt if I find too many pluses for Fedor after watching it a second time. Wasn't as controversial as some were making it out to be though. First round was definitely a 10-8 round for Maldonado although I think only one judge thought so.

Fedor should have stayed retired, and that's coming from a fan.

I just watched it, i thought it was going to be tomorrow. I scored it a draw. Pretty obvious that the first round was a 10-8. Fedor got caught and hurt pretty bad a few times, but Maldonado couldnt put him away. I'm sure hes pretty upset, because he was literally one punch from finishing it a few times. I think I'd chalk some of fedor getting rocked to ring rust, beating up that can in Rizin probably wasnt enough to really get back in the game.

I was actually pretty impressed by Fedor's performance. He recovered very fast from a bad beating and then outstruck Maldonado in the next two rounds by a fair margin. Fedor still has the uncanny athleticism that made him the best HW for a long time. I think he just has lost enough of that speed and coordination that he cant get away with some of the dumb moves he used to. I'm still hoping he makes his way to the UFC, even though I doubt he makes much of an impact there.

well he was defending himself and striking back so no need of stoppage in the first round .Yep i score it a draw also .I taught it was a very good fight best one i saw in long time .I guessing he has to lose weight looks very sluggish and slow .I guessing a drop to 205 would do him wonders.There be a few good money fights .Maybe him and anderson silva at 205 would bring in serious money for the ufc .Both guys or around the same age and in decline

Don't think the fight should have been stoped he was defending and trying to improve his position which he did once or twice, yes if it was in the UFC the referee would have stoped right at the start and enjoy a nice pay from Dana like they did in Fedor vs Dan Handerson.

Lot talk about Maldonado but the guy is a former pro boxer undefeated with good KO records, lots of his mma loss were not from stand up but his wrestling and ground games.

Would Fedor be Champ if he come to the UFC don't think so with so much years undertrained, would he beat Lesnar ? Yeah he would crush him only issue this fight would never happens because Lesnar can't handle WADA.

Fedor is no doubt one of the Greatest of all time ... Anderson and Fedor ... it's always between those two.
and Fedor debuting inside UFC now will not be the best decision, but what do I know ... he is a beast

BUT on your face Conor McGregor, 'gassing' after a single round , while heavyweight go bashing each otehr for 3 or more than 3 rounds in a war !

Champion : Stipe Miocic
1 Fabricio Werdum
2 Cain Velasquez
3 Alistair Overeem
4 Junior Dos Santos
5 Ben Rothwell
6 Andrei Arlovski
7 Travis Browne
8 Mark Hunt
9 Josh Barnett
10 Roy Nelson
11 Derrick Lewis
12 Frank Mir
13 Stefan Struve
14 Ruslan Magomedov
15 Alexey Oliynyk

That's the UFC top 15. Fedor could beat at least half of those guys. If he did sign with the UFC, his first fight would be against a top 5 guy that would likely tool him up. I think he'll do one more fight with a better opponent and then sign with the UFC.

No way it should have been stopped after re watching it again. He was in big trouble but kept fighting back and coming on strong with flurries. Draw or close win for Fedor was justified.

Yeah exactly. Fedor has huge heart and can always keep going. He wasn't out so the fight could continue. But honestly after this, I don't want to see him in the UFC anymore, for his own good. He keeps his hands low and just swings wildly. First of all, he would be in big trouble if he does that in the UFC and secondly, he is too small to fight at HW. At LHW he would have some sort of a chance at doing still ok, but HW... nope.

Whats the point of him joining the UFC now? Yes he can win guys like Roy Nelson or Frank Mir but whats the point? Fedor is one of the best of all time but at this point he cant be the champion in the UFC.

to shut up the haters saying he isn't the greatest because he never fought in the ufc.

It would not shut them up now as he would likely get smashed judging on this performance. He could have just overlooked Maldonado which caused him to under perform but performing like that against any of the top ten would be a painful night for him.