UFC 202: Diaz vs. McGregor

Rain

Yeah the spinning kicks really caught Diaz off-guard the last time too..

I dunno how it'll go because it all comes down to how Conor treats this fight compared to the last, and whether he actually has the tools to beat Diaz. It's not easy putting him away, and we've yet to see McGregor go for five rounds. I won't make a pick though, MMA likes to make me pay if I do lol

The thing is, there's no way Conor wins this one unless he gets lucky. He said he got tired the first fight, well you can't make your one round cardio and make it last for five rounds in the time he has to train, unless he lowers down his volume of strikes, but that's not his style. Conor puts the pressure on and keeps hitting the spot until the opponent crumbles. The other thing is, Diaz took the last fight on 10 days notice, without any sparring. His timing was off and he got hit with the left straight that opened the cut, this time he will spar, get his timing right so he could be a different animal. Anyways, it's going to be an interesting fight!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He got tired because he got hit. It wasn't a cardio issue. He got beat up.

He didn't get hit in the first round a lot, not enough to get tired. In the second round his gas tank was almost empty and his speed started to fade then when Diaz caught him with good punches and knocked him out on his feet he shot for the takedown. Conor said he lost because he was inefficient with his energy, but do you shoot for a takedown because he got tired or he was knocked out?

I don't see Conor winning this on the ground ... no way ..
on feet, well :D if he gets tired or 'gassed out' as he mentioned, (-_- yeah right) just after a single round ... then that dude has no chance in this match ...

Really Hard fight to call, I see the ball in Diaz court though. he has the reach and grappling (which he seldom bothers to use) if Diaz chose to use his volume striking to throw fakes and turn it into a bjj match it will be a short night. I hope he goes that route but really hard to know

Full camp Diaz takes this one straight to the bank. He's going to come in strong, big, and prepared. It isn't going to be fun for Conor.

Diaz by experience, size and skill. Diaz will be cutting. Conors camp said that he should walk in around 165. That's not going to be enough to ko Nate I don't think.

Mcgregor is going to lose again.

It's damn near impossible to pressure a taller volume punching opponent. Especially when you have to avoid getting into any grappling exchanges.

He can counter punch and had a bit of success with it in the first fight but he doesn't have the power to KO Diaz, so to win he he has to keep it up for at least 3 rounds and his cardio is a big question mark.

Realistically Mcgregor get merked by diaz on the ground and showed he falls a little short in the stand up as well

He didn't get hit in the first round a lot, not enough to get tired. In the second round his gas tank was almost empty and his speed started to fade then when Diaz caught him with good punches and knocked him out on his feet he shot for the takedown. Conor said he lost because he was inefficient with his energy, but do you shoot for a takedown because he got tired or he was knocked out?

True, Conor really just went out of gas.

He both underestimated Nate and was also too self confident, so he threw a lot of useless spinning kicks that wasted his energy, plus he charged too much power in his punches, he missed a lot because of Nate Diaz reach advantage, too many heavy punches dat didnt landed, coach Kavanagh was complaining himself with Conor that he was fighting too heavy on himself.

Conor explained perfectly well , he was inefficent with energy, he simply wasted himself against a guy that can take massive punishment and basically even increase energy for the whole 5 rounds.

I dont buy the bullshit from Mcgregor haters that he got "knocked" by Nate, it is just hate and people that think McGregor have poor ground game, well arent you casual fanboys of MMA, because first thing first, he is a brown belt, second, he was teabagging Nate Diaz during the end of the first round ,a siggn that he can grapple even with bigger and skilled opponents, if you look the match without the hate blinding your eyes, McGregor was even overpowering Nate Diaz on the ground until he eventually ran out of gas, just because he never attempt a takedown and only defend from them, doenst mean he is a shit grappler, on the contrary he is very underrated, the only problem is that he have long legs compared to his body shape, so he is very easy to take him down ,expecially a stubby midget like Chad Mendes or Frankie Edgar.

As for the second match, i dont know, Nate Diaz is really difficult to beat, he is one of those kids that depend on what is passing through theyr mind at the moment, he can either lose like an idiot or just keep going and fuck EVERYONE properly...it all depend on what will pass through his mind that night.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If he win , he win by decision, i am pretty sure this time Conor will make proper use of low kicks.

If Nate win, it will be another ground submission or possibly even a technical knockout with strikes, but Conor have a solid chin and big heart, if he dont get gassed it will be a careful planned war for both guys.