Tycoons Ultimate Fighter! (TUF)

UniConor

Introducing....

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14125840584863.jpg

Shawn "Gravex" McLean (281133)

I never really had much confidence growing up. My dad left my mum when I was a baby after he knocked some other chick up. So growing up she did the best she could trying to put food on the table all alone.

I didn't quite understand why other kids had a mum and a dad while i lived with my mum and my dad was with some other family. All the kids at school would make fun of me. I used to get so jealous that all my mates would go to football games with their dad while i was at mum's chip shop helping her make ends meet.

Being a little kid in a chip shop was not a good mix. Having access to all that fatty food at a young age didn't help and i guess i found comfort in food.

At school the kids would tease me for being fat. Being fat made me depressed, and food was the only thing that comforted me. The more depressed i got, the fatter i got. The fatter i got the more depressed i got. The more depressed i got the more i ate. You see where this is going?

The kids would beat me up and often say "If you stick a fork in him gravy will come out." So guess how i got my name Gravex?"

I guess it all hit boiling point when i was 17. I was on my way home after closing down my mum's chip shop for the night with (you guessed it) a bag of hot chips for the walk home. Three homies i guess thought i would be an easy target to roll me for what little cash I had. I couldn't even run away and you know what the worst thing was? I wasn't even concerned about the cash, or my safety. I was fucken starving and i didn't want to lose my chips!

Anyways, i don't know what happened but i threw a punch and broke one of the guy's noses. The other two set in and gave me a fucken real beating.

(pause)

You know what the pathetic thing was? I tried to run away but after a few steps i couldn't breathe and the three of them lay an absolute battering on me. So here i am, some 136kg (300 pounds) fat kid lying in the gutter covered in "gravy" with no money and my chips scattered all over the floor. After being processed at the cop shop and getting home, i locked myself in my room and just pigged out to escape what happened to me.

Can you proces that? I just got robbed and my first concern was i just wanted to eat to escape it all. I looked in the mirror and thought to myself.... "You fucken pig. How the fuck could you turn into such a pathetic excuse for a human?"

That's when i stepped into Gorilla Warfare MMA to try and see if i could find a way to learn to defend myself.

A year later and i found myself down to 275 pounds and i looked in the mirror. I wanted to change who i am. This was the new chapter in my life. I changed my name just before my debut. Why the fuck am i representing my dad when he left me and gave me nothing? I changed my name to carry on my mum's surname as she did everything she could to help me.

I fought in London and in New York. I have fought for a belt but have come up short.

When i heard about TUF i thought it would be a good way to test myself against some other young up and comers. I have gotten so far in this sport but i feel i have so much more to learn. This tournament will be a great opportunity for me to see where i am at in terms of skill.

I am now the lightest i have been in my life, but i still have a long way to go before i can make the.... 205 limit. Heck, all i can think about right now is how good a nice juicy steak would taste. But in the mean time this piece of lettuce (holds up a piece of lettuce) will have to do.

(Scene ends as a loud sound a his stomach growling can be heard as Gravex looks at the camera and shakes his head)

• Upvote 3

Introducing....

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14426215553916.jpg

"Dangerous" David Yung (281047)

Hello.

Sorry, for my English not so good.

You know, I live in London for long time and i really like. So thank you for opportunity for fight in this.

You know, growing up Hong Kong, there two thing I like. Cook, and fight!

When I cook.... Everyone happy. When I fight, always trouble.

I think one day in Hong Kong, i get into really bad fight. My mum... Poor woman work so hard. She cry when she see me come home with blood... With, (looks off camera while pointing to his face) How you say that thing..... The bruise all over my eye and face.

I no scare to get hurt. I no scare to get arrest, i no scare to die.

(Pause. Yung shakes his head as he looks down while he speaks quietly) ...But i scare to see my mum cry.

So she send me to London to live with my uncle. I start to study, i learn English. Everything very good for a little bit.

But you know, in London I have no friend. I get bored. I get bored i no study and i drink. Learn the English.... It is hard when no friend.

One day when come home from school I walk past Gorilla Warfare MMA and i see them train. The guy there, they not gym full of champion. There no... What is word, they very... um....

Voice off camera: Ego?

Yes! The boys... They no ego. They good friend to me. We working very hard in gym. First time in life i have good group of friend. Good group of friend keep me in no trouble.

They helping me with English (laughs) See? My English so very good now!

Also i meet Sully who offer me job at Sully's Bar & Grill as apprentice chef. So now i get two thing i love the most.

Cook, and fight. But no trouble! (laughs)

• Upvote 4

A quick statement regarding the Tournament from Tank

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14560084963079.png

Tank

"I am honored to be a part of Team Marky! My team looking like a bunch of killas! I feel like I'm the best fighter of the group, just like I expect each and everyone of them to feel the same way! I feel like we all will get along well honestly. As far as the first fight of the tournament goes, I have an opponent in mind... I want Brophy. I am going to take the "Top" pick out of this tournament immediately! He is a bum, and I am the guy to prove it!

• Upvote 4

Tank

"I am honored to be a part of Team Marky! My team looking like a bunch of killas! I feel like I'm the best fighter of the group, just like I expect each and everyone of them to feel the same way! I feel like we all will get along well honestly. As far as the first fight of the tournament goes, I have an opponent in mind... I want Brophy. I am going to take the "Top" pick out of this tournament immediately! He is a bum, and I am the guy to prove it!

I'm not surprised - i think Brophy would lose.

Introducing....

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14426215553916.jpg

"Dangerous" David Yung (281047)

Hello.

Sorry, for my English not so good.

You know, I live in London for long time and i really like. So thank you for opportunity for fight in this.

You know, growing up Hong Kong, there two thing I like. Cook, and fight!

When I cook.... Everyone happy. When I fight, always trouble.

I think one day in Hong Kong, i get into really bad fight. My mum... Poor woman work so hard. She cry when she see me come home with blood... With, (looks off camera while pointing to his face) How you say that thing..... The bruise all over my eye and face.

I no scare to get hurt. I no scare to get arrest, i no scare to die.

(Pause. Yung shakes his head as he looks down while he speaks quietly) ...But i scare to see my mum cry.

So she send me to London to live with my uncle. I start to study, i learn English. Everything very good for a little bit.

But you know, in London I have no friend. I get bored. I get bored i no study and i drink. Learn the English.... It is hard when no friend.

One day when come home from school I walk past Gorilla Warfare MMA and i see them train. The guy there, they not gym full of champion. There no... What is word, they very... um....

Voice off camera: Ego?

Yes! The boys... They no ego. They good friend to me. We working very hard in gym. First time in life i have good group of friend. Good group of friend keep me in no trouble.

They helping me with English (laughs) See? My English so very good now!

Also i meet Sully who offer me job at Sully's Bar & Grill as apprentice chef. So now i get two thing i love the most.

Cook, and fight. But no trouble! (laughs)

Glad to have you on our team mr. Yung ! I know that your manager is very good, seen that lately by fighting him on two occasions, and look forward to see your path in the tournament with Team Marky.

Tank

I love the attitude Tank ! Both Marky and me are pleased with how the picks went and feel as if we have a very interesting team. We don't take team Wolf lightly, but know that we have the fighters/managers/balls/brain to beat them.