ITFL Season 6 Interest thread

GBK16

I personally prefer it as an ID tournament because I like it as a breeding ground for the next generation. That first season of ITFL was kinda crap tbh, most people aren't going to put in their good fighters especially if they have hype/rank to lose because the match-making in this tournament is not based on hype/pop values or rank. So they often times are risking their top 100 p4p rank to fight a guy 2500 p4p, and then you throw in the risk of losing w/ those guys while injured? You're honestly probably getting guys C fighters in hopes to gain some hype on the guy.

Where the nice thing about the younger guys is usually guys aren't as worried about the hype difference because they have a 23 yr old fighter who may have 10-12 fights under his belt before the tournament, so it's a nice way of getting some quick fights and test your younger fighters rather than get 1 fight every 30 days in an org.

With that being said I get that we have a dwindling user base & who knows if there are even 40 fighters at 135-155 lbs w/ a 270K ID restriction lol. I mean I would imagine there probably is but it could potentially be a tough tournament to fill. I'd like to have a team for both seasons, I personally don't have a 270K ID guy @ 145lbs but maybe I'll cut weight on someone. I've reached out to the rest of my alliance to see what kinda team we could pull together. Just a quick glance it doesn't look like we'd have enough to fill either team

Really the first part of what I said isn't entirely true, that was just a rough season for me bc dinooo's whole team quit and then PE & Role quit and it was just a nightmare for me running it so I probably just have a sour taste in my mouth from that headache more so than anything being wrong w/ the competitors during that season. It just also kinda diminished the outcome because guys were in the individual tournament that only fought half the season and it was a mess.

Edited by shortfuse122829

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Lets get the word out there and get this rolling! Do we have any Orgs willing to host this thing

I can host it in my 265 div if you or someone you assign wants to run it. Looks interesting, how long does it usually go for? do you think you can get the caliber of fighters that CFC/Chuck did?

Sounds cool. We have 1 long term tourney going atm Alfred`s kt one, another long term tourney could work.

• Downvote 1