Greatest MMA fighters ever

Epicman1324

Top 10 in any org IRL.

1: Jose "Tirteen" Aldo

2: Demetrious "Nobody cares about me" Johnson

3: Anderson "I beat the Michael but the Chris say I no beat the Michael is no normal" Silva

4: Georges "Tyron's best bud and opportunity to duck Wonderboy" St-Pierre

5: Jon "Respectfully DX suck it Daniel" Jones

6: Dominick "Knees of wet toilet paper" Cruz

7: BJ "SEAN SHERK YOU'RE DEAD" Penn

8: Fedor "In Soviet Russia I beat Fabio Maldonado" Emelianenko

9: Chuck "I traded my chin for cocaine" Liddell

10: Vitor "Bro why you duck me bro" Belfort

Honorable mentions: Dan "Merica" Henderson

Randy "Freedom" Couture

Tito "Dick" Ortiz

The Nogueras

Mirko Cro Cop

Wanderlei Silva

The Gracies

Sakuraba

Dan Severn

Mark Coleman

Shogun

Bas Rutten

• Downvote 6

fedor is overated. There I said it.

I don't know about overrated but some people on here definitely like to place him on a much higher pedestal than I ever would. He was the best of his era but the HW's of today would beat a prime Fedor imo. Cain, Overeem, JDS, Miocic, Werdum, and a few other guys like Travis Browne would give him a really tough fight and maybe would have an outside shot of beating him.

No Rickson Gracie?

Guy went 400-0

Lol dude counted training sessions as wins.

And Fedor is the GOAT in my opinion. Only now in the last few years has UFC had the best HW division.

When Fedor signed with Strikeforce who had Better heavyweights at the time no question then UFC.. Josh Barnett, Arlovski, Karitonov, TRT Overeem, Cormier, TRTBigfoot, Werdum compared to UFC who had Couture, Lesnar, up and coming Carwin, Gonzaga, Kongo, long past prime Cro Cop and Cain and JDS weren't top 10 at the time. after already beating guys like Prime Nog 2.5 times, prime Cro Cop and then took out Arlovski who was ranked #2 at the time behind Fedor, and Sylvia was ranked top 10 he only had lost to Couture and Nog recently before that..Rogers was top 10 for sure after beating Arlovski and fighting Fedor.

People simply forget how dominant he was, but if you were in the Fedor ERA watching his fights live you must believe he's at least one of the greatest fighters to ever lace up gloves or I question your lack of MMA knowledge big time.

People only cry because he didn't fight in the UFC. Where else is he going to go if not to the UFC or Strikeforce?? Back to Japan, so people can b---- that he fights cans? How many challenging fights would he have had in the UFC after beating Lesnar??

How all of a sudden is the UFC HW division was "Deep"? He already beat the two guys that were UFC champions in Arlovski and Sylvia... they did rule the UFC for awhile right?? Not to mention he already beat existing UFC HW's like Cro Cop, Big Nog, and Herring...

So now guys like Kongo, and Couture make the UFC deep?? Velasquez and Carwin??? Those two are great but they are inexperienced up and coming guys.... If he went to the UFC and cleaned up people would say:

1- He beat a WWE guy

2- He beat a Couture on the other side of his career

3- He beat Big Nog.... again

4- He beat guys with little experience

HW's now would match up well with him in his prime but that's not what best ever means to me, MMA is much much different then it was back then, it's come so far in the last 10 years.. He beat the best and was the best of his Era and the GOAT in my opinion, don't hate.

If you watched MMA back when Fedor was fighting, it was quite obvious he was the best HW fighter in his era. Yeah a lot of the new fighters would of killed him, that's the evolution of MMA.

How do you think Matt Hughes or Chuck Liddell would fare against the 170 and 205 fighters of today? They would get slaughtered. And they're some of the best of their eras as well.

• Upvote 2

If you watched MMA back when Fedor was fighting, it was quite obvious he was the best HW fighter in his era. Yeah a lot of the new fighters would of killed him, that's the evolution of MMA.

How do you think Matt Hughes or Chuck Liddell would fare against the 170 and 205 fighters of today? They would get slaughtered. And they're some of the best of their eras as well.

This exactly. It's incomparable to relate Fedor to fighters from different eras. He was the best HW of his era easily with no competition in that regard. Also probably the best fighter P4P of his era as well. I'm not even a Fedor fan really.

• Upvote 1

I only think the wrestlers would do any good in their prime against today's fighters just because the fighters have evolved so much. Fighters train better, in better condition, train from and earlier age, better coaches, better game plans, more money, better training partners, better science, tainted supplements!, bigger audience, sexier ring girls,

I can't think of a single person bar Anderson silva or fedor maybe GsP.

The greatest fight never to happen was

GSP v Anderson Silva in prime

We had bj v Hughes

I only think the wrestlers would do any good in their prime against today's fighters just because the fighters have evolved so much. Fighters train better, in better condition, train from and earlier age, better coaches, better game plans, more money, better training partners, better science, tainted supplements!, bigger audience, sexier ring girls,

I can't think of a single person bar Anderson silva or fedor maybe GsP.

The greatest fight never to happen was

GSP v Anderson Silva in prime

We had bj v Hughes

Personally I think GSP would of got destroyed vs Silva. People don't realize how massive Silva actually is. He made DC look small for a LHW.