Fighting with an Idiot on Facebook

kenlow73

Upvoted just to prove you are wrong.

Just give it time, maybe the haters aren't online.

• Downvote 3

Dude, what are we suppose to give time? We gave Conor time already, he has already made his mark in MMA. He made Mendez look like a kid. The Aldo first minute win, the comeback win against Diaz (in a division he has no business fighting in) and then the domination of another champ in Alvarez. On top of that he is a showman which fans buy into, with arguably the best promotions in MMA history together with Sonnen. He can go 0-5 from now on but it wont matter because he has already made his mark.

I agree that the hype does not match his ability, i think that is what you are trying to debate here. I mean, on paper he is technically the best fighter ever, because he is making the biggest checks and breaking all the PPV figures. He is on the verge of making MMA a major international sport. People talk about the growth of MMA, but in reality, MMA fighters make peanuts in comparison to other major sports, while having relatively shorter careers. Conor is one of those guys which has the style, character and attitude to attract the passive fan. Some people forget that MMA is also an entertainment, not just a fighting sport. They still need to sell tickets like any other sport and Conor sells tickets.

If Conor was overrated, the UFC would not had made him the highest paid fighter in their history and he has not even hit 30y of age, they know what they are doing, where as you do not know what you are rambling about.

• Upvote 3

Dude, what are we suppose to give time? are rambling about.

I was talking about my post getting negged.

• Downvote 2

they know what they are doing, where as you do not know what you are rambling about.

Hey Mentor, F*** You.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

And your not the idiot? everyone is a so called idiot.

Nope, I'm smart enough to know it's "you're" not "your"

• Downvote 2

how can someone call mcgregor overrated? i hate him, the aldo fight was a fluke but his only loss in ufc was in 170. he still has some flaws in his game but he is not overrated. having said that, i think kahihb can beat him

how can someone call mcgregor overrated? i hate him, the aldo fight was a fluke but his only loss in ufc was in 170. he still has some flaws in his game but he is not overrated. having said that, i think kahihb can beat him

Well, kenlow called him overrated and i would not consider him a someone. That said I also think Khabib's style can cause Connor a lot of problems, which is probably why he (Connor) is ducking him, it is a fight with limited hype / interest and Connor has more to lose than to gain out of that fight.

Nope, he's overrated because I said so....

http://youtu.be/03CN47sqlMI

• Downvote 1

I believe Conor has proved himself worthy and then some. He is pushing the limits of what we thought was previously possible. At first I thought he was overrated as well. I said to myself "Pshh, let's see how he does against the top dogs." he fought the top dogs and finished them. He is more than worthy. We can leave it at that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I believe Conor has proved himself worthy and then some. He is pushing the limits of what we thought was previously possible. At first I thought he was overrated as well. I said to myself "Pshh, let's see how he does against the top dogs." he fought the top dogs and finished them. He is more than worthy. We can leave it at that.

More than worthy? How many worthy champions don't defend their belts?

That's your only point Ken?

He has been finishing everyone in 2 weight divisions, almost finished a 170 lber 2 times and we could tell his striking took a toll on Diaz...

And all you can say is he didn't defend his belt at 145?

Well if anything he should be stripped of his title while there is an interim champion of 145 but I don't see any 145ers crying foul here because he has proven himself the undisputed champ in that division.

That's your only point Ken?

He has been finishing everyone in 2 weight divisions, almost finished a 170 lber 2 times and we could tell his striking took a toll on Diaz...

And all you can say is he didn't defend his belt at 145?

Well if anything he should be stripped of his title while there is an interim champion of 145 but I don't see any 145ers crying foul here because he has proven himself the undisputed champ in that division.

To be honest he almost got finished in the second diaz fight. 3/4/5 rounds were Diaz in my books. 3rd round he was so close to getting finished again. :)

If you still think round 4 is Diaz, you need to rewatch. It's much clearer the second time, especially without Rogan commentating.

It's close, but I think Diaz got it. The thing is he let his hands go at the end of the 3rd and held back at the start of the 4th because he got tired.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1