(Nominations) Upset Of The Year 2016

GBK16

Official nominations thread for the Upset Of The Year 2016

Comment below with who you wish to nominate for this award

Please note you may not nominate yourself, your own fighters, or your own company for an award

Current Nominees

Itse Perkele vs Slade Traylor - Nominated by Bradley Burns

Matt Quin vs Rockmeteller Todd - Nominated by Mentor Guru Corleone

Project Falcon vs Ricky Rocker - Nominated by Mark O'Sullivan

Fabian Hoi vs Lil Wayne I - Nominated by Mark O'Sullivan

Gun Slinga vs Randolph Turpin - Nominated by Sean McDonnel

Giuseppe Maldini vs Diego Bustamante - Nominated by Mark O'Sullivan

Fabian Hoi his KO win over Lil Wayne was one hell of an upset, that is for sure! He dismantled an unbeatable fighter with an insane chin, who nobody expected to be KO'd.

This being said, there is another fight that actually might top this. Let me introduce to you the biggest shock this year in MMA Tycoon. It took place in July 2016 in Trinity.

After months of talking, bragging and shivering, a clash between two behemoths was set up by Trinity staff. On one side you had a pointfighter with a shady chin. The opposite side boosted a BJJ killer with granite chin, slick skills and an awesome haircut. The oddmakers didn't give the pointfighter much a chance against such a killer of a fighter. The monster missed his train to the olympics qualification tournament and therefore hadn't been able to already dominate over there. That was no problem, as he was still very confident, some might say even cocky, as he claimed that he could beat up all Olympic 155lbs guys with one hand behind his back and one up his ass.

What happened was the biggest upset in not just 2016, but in the entire sport since its early existence. Relive history:

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=823298

• Upvote 1

Fabian Hoi his KO win over Lil Wayne was one hell of an upset, that is for sure! He dismantled an unbeatable fighter with an insane chin, who nobody expected to be KO'd.

This being said, there is another fight that actually might top this. Let me introduce to you the biggest shock this year in MMA Tycoon. It took place in July 2016 in Trinity.

After months of talking, bragging and shivering, a clash between two behemoths was set up by Trinity staff. On one side you had a pointfighter with a shady chin. The opposite side boosted a BJJ killer with granite chin, slick skills and an awesome haircut. The oddmakers didn't give the pointfighter much a chance against such a killer of a fighter. The monster missed his train to the olympics qualification tournament and therefore hadn't been able to already dominate over there. That was no problem, as he was still very confident, some might say even cocky, as he claimed that he could beat up all Olympic 155lbs guys with one hand behind his back and one up his ass.

What happened was the biggest upset in not just 2016, but in the entire sport since its early existence. Relive history:

Lol Sullivan is a can who calls that an upset?

• Downvote 1

O'Sullivan's last 10 fights before his fight with Dickie Dirty: 4W 5L 1D. How is that an upset?

http://i.imgur.com/shVdDxY.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I vote for this.

I think most people had Diego Bustamante as the heavy favourite against Maldini, so it definitely deserves a nomination here: http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=847824

Thanks for the nomination. Coming from the manager who lost that linked fight, that means a lot, but I think Hoi his tko win over Lil Wayne was way more of an upset. Busta for sure was the big favorite (for gold as well) but at the higher weightclasses, an upset win is easier perhaps, at least in my opinion.

• Upvote 1