AI controlled org

listerman

I remember a while ago, I saw some veteran managers talking about an AI controlled org, that it should be added to tycoon (or maybe I dreamt about it, never know), I just don't remember who it was, but I had a flash today, and figure I'd put a few things together to see if it makes sense or not. AI controlled org sounds really cool to me.

AI org
  • Fights happen every X days, variable on how much energy was left after last fight.
  • Impossible to decline a fight, matchmaking is based off current org ranking or current p4p rank.
  • Org doesn't make money (duh), only fighters does, and salary is based off current hype/pop.
  • Contracts are 4 fights, only way to get out of it is to sack your fighter.
  • Signing a fighter to the org is done by requesting for a contract, and a contract offer is sent to you, so you have to accept or decline, but if you decline, you can't re-apply to that org for X days.
  • Once contract is signed, fight offer is sent against fighter at +/- 10 hype points (or close enough in the org's ranking). If no fighter is available, fight offer will wait until someone is.
  • Champion is automatically stripped from title if he's signed to another org for more than X weeks/months.
  • Champion will not fight the same contender twice in a row, meaning if the #2 ranked stays at #2 after losing the title, #3 ranked fighter gets the title shot.

Known issues

• ID difference and skills gap

Feel free to add thoughts, suggestions or concerns regarding this, the way I see it, it would be awesome to have such an org, since it wouldn't allow managers to cherry pick their opponents.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

I remember a while ago, I saw some veteran managers talking about an AI controlled org, that it should be added to tycoon (or maybe I dreamt about it, never know), I just don't remember who it was, but I had a flash today, and figure I'd put a few things together to see if it makes sense or not. AI controlled org sounds really cool to me.

AI org
  • Fights happen every X days, variable on how much energy was left after last fight.
  • Impossible to decline a fight, matchmaking is based off current org ranking or current p4p rank.
  • Org doesn't make money (duh), only fighters does, and salary is based off current hype/pop.
  • Contracts are 4 fights, only way to get out of it is to sack your fighter.
  • Signing a fighter to the org is done by requesting for a contract, and a contract offer is sent to you, so you have to accept or decline, but if you decline, you can't re-apply to that org for X days.
  • Once contract is signed, fight offer is sent against fighter at +/- 10 hype points (or close enough in the org's ranking). If no fighter is available, fight offer will wait until someone is.
  • Champion is automatically stripped from title if he's signed to another org for more than X weeks/months.
  • Champion will not fight the same contender twice in a row, meaning if the #2 ranked stays at #2 after losing the title, #3 ranked fighter gets the title shot.

Known issues

• ID difference and skills gap

Feel free to add thoughts, suggestions or concerns regarding this, the way I see it, it would be awesome to have such an org, since it wouldn't allow managers to cherry pick their opponents.

also wont let org owners cherry pick for themselves and friends.

I feel like this take's away something from the amazing world that has been built by the managers, QFC is one thing but full org's? maybe if all of the people in the AI orgs were also AI fighters and perhaps real orgs could contract in on a temporary basis fighters from that AI org to fill gaps in cards.

I'm not saying replace all orgs by AI orgs, I'm suggesting 1 AI org, not more than that. It could be tested on the island or something, its just a good way to have a legit org, free of can crushers and cherry pickers. It wouldn't take away anything from current orgs or nothing like that.

I'm not a programmer but I would assume that automatic matchmaking, with all of the variables involved, would not be easy to code for.

For example say fighter X is closest to fighter Y in hype but fighter Y is closer to fighter Z in hype than he is to X - who does fighter Y get matched up with?

Just feels like this needs to be fleshed out more.

I'm not a programmer but I would assume that automatic matchmaking, with all of the variables involved, would not be easy to code for.

For example say fighter X is closest to fighter Y in hype but fighter Y is closer to fighter Z in hype than he is to X - who does fighter Y get matched up with?

There sure is a lot of variables, but it's not that complicated to code really.

In your example, you can always go from top to bottom, so it would match X and Y, leaving Z going against the next fighter in the list, if none, waiting until someone signs or finishes a fight.

It does need to be fleshed out more for sure, it's just a rough draft that came to mind.

Why don't we just close everything down and this single player game. Can crushers and cherry pickers? Who cares about that? The top managers dont do that so no matter how much cherry picking or can crushing you do you wont reach the top. Another choice is to avoid those people who do that, pretty simple yeah? Coding wise, a fucking nightmare, one simple mistake could cost tons, the amount of variables would be huge, buzz would look like a peace of cake compared to this. Honestly, not worth it at this point of the game.

• Downvote 1

I am not against the idea, as I know it takes a lot of time and dedication to run an org. That being said, running an org is also a great way to build a network and learn the game in a different way.
I would certainly be against the idea if it were to be a general rule for orgs, but that doesn't seem to be what you are pointing at.

One such org could be ok, but I think maybe The Island would be a good place to test it at first. Learn from what happens there, if it is actually possible and interesting enough to code, and then maybe later add it to the main part of the game.

swiss system pairing

I am not against the idea, as I know it takes a lot of time and dedication to run an org. That being said, running an org is also a great way to build a network and learn the game in a different way.

I would certainly be against the idea if it were to be a general rule for orgs, but that doesn't seem to be what you are pointing at.

One such org could be ok, but I think maybe The Island would be a good place to test it at first. Learn from what happens there, if it is actually possible and interesting enough to code, and then maybe later add it to the main part of the game.

The island already has an AI controlled org. It's called the end of season tournament. Anyone who wants to enter and is high enough in the rankings, enters. After that, they have no control over contracts nor matchmaking.

The same can be applied for the main game.

1- make a field in player profile: available for world tournament

2- set a date for the tournament very much in advance

3- come tournament date the highest ranked fighters for each weightclass get automatically signed by the AI org. When the tournament ends, the fighters automatically resume their previous contracts(if they had one)

4- tournament format can be whatever(round robin, swiss, combination like champs league, etc)

5- make standard 5k(or whatever) contracts for all participants

6- make it run as a real org making money from events with optimal ads, production etc

7- give out all the profits to the fighters based on their position in the tournament.

8- everyone gets to see the top fighters fight eachother. The best fighters and the best managers get the best profits and a nice trophy.

also: these tournaments could be open, id based, age based, etc...

The island already has an AI controlled org. It's called the end of season tournament. Anyone who wants to enter and is high enough in the rankings, enters. After that, they have no control over contracts nor matchmaking.

The same can be applied for the main game.

1- make a field in player profile: available for world tournament

2- set a date for the tournament very much in advance

3- come tournament date the highest ranked fighters for each weightclass get automatically signed by the AI org. When the tournament ends, the fighters automatically resume their previous contracts(if they had one)

4- tournament format can be whatever(round robin, swiss, combination like champs league, etc)

5- make standard 5k(or whatever) contracts for all participants

6- make it run as a real org making money from events with optimal ads, production etc

7- give out all the profits to the fighters based on their position in the tournament.

8- everyone gets to see the top fighters fight eachother. The best fighters and the best managers get the best profits and a nice trophy.

also: these tournaments could be open, id based, age based, etc...

A tournament would be easy no one is disputing that. A tournament would take away all of the intricacies and variables of matchmaking. I dont think that is what Listerman is talking about.

Yeah tournament would be fairly easy, but the idea I'm throwing out is 1 (one, only 1, nothing to ruin the game's established orgs, read carefully it will save you a lot of whining) AI org. Could be on the island, could be on the main land with a specific restriction, either total skills or ID, and yes it would be a little challenging to put together, but not that hard.

I would say, instead of creating something this bombastic to just prevent cherry picking and can crushing (which won't magically go away btw), how about we improve things in game already?

1. Rankings - Torrelio is the greatest example of how bad the rankings are right now. How about just disable hype gains from QFC? This would make it wayyyy harder to can crush and climb rankings.

2. QFC rework. It could be reworked to be KT and MMA seperate, it could even be counted as an amateur record with no hype gains, there are millions of ideas out there to make it better. Another thing would be to implement your idea into qfc's matchmaking, so to make qfc matches a bit closer on id/hype/skillset.

It would benefit everyone, absolutely everyone and we got a product right now, which is programmed, just make it work a bit better.

• Upvote 1

I would say, instead of creating something this bombastic to just prevent cherry picking and can crushing (which won't magically go away btw), how about we improve things in game already?

1. Rankings - Torrelio is the greatest example of how bad the rankings are right now. How about just disable hype gains from QFC? This would make it wayyyy harder to can crush and climb rankings.

2. QFC rework. It could be reworked to be KT and MMA seperate, it could even be counted as an amateur record with no hype gains, there are millions of ideas out there to make it better. Another thing would be to implement your idea into qfc's matchmaking, so to make qfc matches a bit closer on id/hype/skillset.

It would benefit everyone, absolutely everyone and we got a product right now, which is programmed, just make it work a bit better.

Make another thread about it, this idea is not to ruin anything, it's to add something to the game. Yes, it's possible that some things could be tweaked and improved, but this is not the thread for it.

yes, I am. I'm making a point to show how ridiculous those rankings are by staying there as long as possible. (QFC does not get you there, the island does(and a bit of luck a some good fighters)). My last fight away from the island was on 2016-09-17 and since then I had a total of 3 fights but somehow I'm still there. But that's another thread(please do use me as an example, I'm trying to be as ridiculous as possible with that. That's the only reason I still have fighters since I had planned to leave the game sometime ago but I found it too hilarious to pass up the opportunity to be on the front page for everyone all the time)

What happens if I just sit there and train my fighters for a few months and he has low hype. Do I match up against someone who also has no hype but not the same amount of training time? Wouldn't that be a can fight?

The way I picture the AI org, it would be based off total skills. So yes, it's possible that you train a fighter for months, and face someone with more hype, but the total skills would be similar, so it wouldn't be considered a "can fight".

It would probably be impossible for the org to be "perfect", because there's a lot of variables, but I'm sure there's a way to find a middle ground and come up with something interesting. It doesn't have to happen, I just think it's a good idea.

The way I picture the AI org, it would be based off total skills. So yes, it's possible that you train a fighter for months, and face someone with more hype, but the total skills would be similar, so it wouldn't be considered a "can fight".

It would probably be impossible for the org to be "perfect", because there's a lot of variables, but I'm sure there's a way to find a middle ground and come up with something interesting. It doesn't have to happen, I just think it's a good idea.

true, but if its not perfect, people will exploit it! i think history on this website shows that as proof.