Tycoon Paper - How does this work?

Shiv

In that case, how about we limit one company to having a max only one article a month? Or one manager etc.

That way, we'll get the top org stuff as well as the new stuff? Just an idea.

Tycooner, Deuce7 seems to be willing to take it up. How does that sound?

i am ok with anything as long as it's ok with everybody (most) it's fine by me

• Upvote 2

Yeah just trying to find a suggestion where you don't get overloaded by this stuff man. And a way to promote more people to post articles etc.

sounds good to me i will do whatever yall want the times is for anybody

believe it or not there was a time when i put everything that came into the times out but everybody said it came out to much

• Upvote 1

I kinda have to disagree with that. First of all, Jay has been doing a phenomenal job of making sure the Times keeps its diversity by including as many types of write-ups as possible. But he can only work with what he's been given and as he's already mentioned, the Times doesn't come out as frequently as it used to. If there are more articles of one type - and most of the articles come from orgs - it's only natural that he has to make choices on who to publish. Quality should always come first imo and I personally think Jay has done splendid work in that regard. But if there are multiple articles on the same level and you have to choose between a small org and a big org, isn't it only natural to choose a big org because of name recognition? If a real-life newspaper had a choice to make between two stories to run of equal value but one was about a big-time organization and the other about a small one, wouldn't they choose the big one every single time?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I kinda have to disagree with that. First of all, Jay has been doing a phenomenal job of making sure the Times keeps its diversity by including as many types of write-ups as possible. But he can only work with what he's been given and as he's already mentioned, the Times doesn't come out as frequently as it used to. If there are more articles of one type - and most of the articles come from orgs - it's only natural that he has to make choices on who to publish. Quality should always come first imo and I personally think Jay has done splendid work in that regard. But if there are multiple articles on the same level and you have to choose between a small org and a big org, isn't it only natural to choose a big org because of name recognition? If a real-life newspaper had a choice to make between two stories to run of equal value but one was about a big-time organization and the other about a small one, wouldn't they choose the big one every single time?

Please don't compare a fictional newspaper on an online text based game to a real life newspaper because... well I hopefully don't need to explain that. All I'm saying is in the interest of the games progression give the smaller orgs and new guys preference. Mentor isn't going to leave this game if one of his 8 gamma write ups submitted everyday doesn't feature in the times, but it could put off new guys who see this elitist culture and feel too distanced from it and can't catch a break

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

My local paper use to talk about Ms.Henrys chickens and Farmer Bucks Cattle... Man I miss those simple articles.

I have to agree with Shiv and Rocket though. We need to post more from younger/newer players. I understand 100% where Jay is comming from and to be honest feel sorry for him having to deal with this mess. Formatting should have been fixed long ago.

We have active players that have put themselves on the publisher list. What are they doing? Are they active with the paper or just there to promote themselves and their friends? Or are they letting Jay take the brunt of the work on this paper?

I probably shouldnt say much since I dont have time to help out but I do believe it needs a tweak.

• Upvote 2

Jay is really trying to do his best and is the one who makes that this is actually being published. I for example am just staff to accept the paper so that it gets submitted once he gave the green light. He knew that I would not be able to help with ordening it etc, but I help him get it submitted once he finished it, as it needs two approvals before it can be sent out.

So if more active managers actually really could help Jay out, that would certainly benefit the Tycoon newspaper!

• Upvote 1

Jay is really trying to do his best and is the one who makes that this is actually being published. I for example am just staff to accept the paper so that it gets submitted once he gave the green light. He knew that I would not be able to help with ordening it etc, but I help him get it submitted once he finished it, as it needs two approvals before it can be sent out.

So if more active managers actually really could help Jay out, that would certainly benefit the Tycoon newspaper!

I'm in if MIke is looking for new guys to help out

• Upvote 3

I was added to the tycoon times within this last week. I'm still learning the editing/format. Ironically I don't think I've had to the time to write much since.

Complaining about this stuff for the sake of what? Articles rarely get over 10 views lol. It's not exactly a traffic hub. The average views for articles are around 10 views. Gonna guess a lot of the same people that check the times are the ones clicking on this stuff.

I don't see anything wrong with the big companies, big orgs, or big fighters making the top of the headlines. That's realistic. There's still plenty of space for the little companies and write ups to get added too. I think a lot of the 'unpublished' stuff are things that come in clumped up with no formatting and events that have already occurred that are getting released (better) late (than never).

Seeing Syn' or GAMMA's news getting pushed aside for Bo's Crab Shack on the Island doesn't make much sense. I think there's plenty of room for both and neither should be tossed aside. Getting rid of one because it's already popular doesn't make sense and getting rid of one because it's not popular enough, not quite fair either. Plenty of room for both in the articles, but Jay's definitely gonna need a lot more help to get this stuff organized and produced in a timely manner.

• Upvote 1

Complaining about this stuff for the sake of what? Articles rarely get over 10 views lol. It's not exactly a traffic hub. The average views for articles are around 10 views. Gonna guess a lot of the same people that check the times are the ones clicking on this stuff.

not that I wouldn't like to see a change or a popularity surge into the tycoon times, just pointing out the current state of the paper.

• Upvote 1

Chris - The small boosts of hype etc you get are far more important for small companies and orgs than they are for big ones. I think if people are willing to help out - it should be welcomed with open arms.

Agreed.

Hilarious article. I lol'd.

0-0 Fighter Turns down contract with KFC

Editorial by Scott Petrey

Fighter Eric Russell turns down contract with Kings Fighting championship! Kings Fighting Championship 310k+ is The place to be for 310k+ fighters why ould a no name turn down a contact?

Reporter: Why would a 0-0 fighter turn dow a contract at KFC? That's obviously the place to be.....

Russell: Shit man..... 0-0... I'm 35-0 in the streets! I'll make 36-0 if you keep raising that eyebrow at me!

Reporter: Yes sir, mr Russell, but surely there is no better place than KFC to prove yourself.

Russell: Shit bitch!, Of course I know that! Eric Russell knows that! I'm gonna wear that belt! They just need to recognize they cant pay a superstar shit wages and expect a n***a to work. People lined up in the hood to watch me knock a n****a out. What do You think they will pay to see me do it in the ring?

Reporter: eh...I'm sure its quite a lot, Thank you Mr. Russell.

Russell: Aye Yo, I just wanna give a quick shout out to my sponsor AMPED PERFOMANCE, Nothing But The Best! for me. They better book a bigger arena if the sign me. STEP ASIDE, knockin n***as out since 2010!

Might be my favorite interview ever.

• Upvote 2