NFL Fantasy Football 2017

Deuce7

Team Karter - Rambo

Top Picks: Antonio Brown, Doug Baldwin, Leonard Fournette

Steal: DeSean Jackson (8th Round)

Sleeper: O.J. Howard (14th Round)

Having Antonio Brown, the #1 WR, fall into your lap at pick #4 certainly isn't a bad way for Team Karter to start their draft. It definitely allowed him to take risks with his 2nd and 3rd picks. Doug Baldwin is essentially the west coast version of Jordy Nelson. He quietly goes about his business and puts up a top 10 WR season. Plus having Russell Wilson healthy, those numbers could get even higher. Drafting a rookie running back in the 3rd round seemed crazy until last season, but Leonard Fournette is almost guaranteed to be a superstar. Even on the Jaguars. He may not see a lot in the passing game (QB issues and all), but that should translate into a lot of carries. 1200 yards and 10+ TDs isn't out of the question, even behind that O-line. We knew it was a matter of time before Rambo drafted a Buccaneer and selecting DeSean Jackson was a great move. He could have a nice resurgence this year playing opposite Mike Evans. Who wouldn't at this point. Since we mentioned one Buccaneer, we might as well mention another that he drafted, O.J. Howard. Tampa has given Jameis Winston another huge weapon and hopefully he can live up to the hype that other highly rated rookie TEs have failed to do in recent years.

Conclusion: Team Karter is putting a lot of faith in the Buccaneers offense. I'd expect his season to mimic Tampa Bay's almost to a fault. Luckily for him, they're offense should be really good and he can ride that into the playoffs.

Draft Grade: B+

• Upvote 1

PGH Pababear-Roar - Pababear

Top Picks: Melvin Gordon, Michael Thomas, Marshawn Lynch

Steal: Pierre Garcon (6th Round)

Sleeper: Hunter Henry (12th Round)

Power RBs seemed to be the main focus of PGH Pababear-Roar in this season, drafting three overall. Two of those came within their first 3 picks. Melvin Gordon and Marshawn Lynch should be featured heavily around the goal line for their respective teams and Pababear is looking to cash in on those short yardage TDs. With Brandin Cooks out of the picture, Michael Thomas is going to be the key red-zone target for Drew Brees and that's after having 92 receptions and 9 TDs last season. Scary to think those numbers were as the #2 WR. Reunited with the offensive coordinator (now head coach) that led to him having his best year ever, Pierre Garcon will be the go to guy in San Fran this season. He is in his 10th year in the league, so the speed may not be there, but he should be able to rack up plenty of receptions. Did we witness an unexpected passing of the torch last season when Hunter Henry was thrust into the starting role when Antonio Gates went down with an injury. I sure think we did. Henry was one of the biggest surprises of last season and there is a good chance he overtakes Gates very early and puts up top 10 TE numbers.

Conclusion: PGH Pababear-Roar is should lead the league in TDs this season, without a doubt. While they may not have the most combined receiving or rushing yards, TDs are TDs and those can add up to a playoff spot real quick.

Draft Grade: B

• Upvote 2

TRT Vitors - jhunterlief

Top Picks: Tom Brady, DeMarco Murray, Greg Olsen

Steal: Stefon Diggs (7th Round)

Sleeper: Torrey Smith (15th Round)

TRT Vitors took an unconventional route in a PPR league and didn't draft a single WR with their first three picks. Instead they focused on solidifying their other main positions by taking Tom "My Wife is Smokin' Hot" Brady, DeMarco "Thank God I'm Out of Philly" Murray and Greg "How Old is This Guy" Olsen. We all know Brady will throw for over 4000 yards and 30+ TDs even with Julian Edelman out for the year. If Murray surpasses 200 carries we can pencil him in for another 1000 yard season. Of course Olsen will continue to be Cam Newton's favorite target and bring in close to 100 catches. What jhunterlief's team may have been lacking early on, he made up for by picking up several deep ball threats. Like Stefon Diggs, who was close to breaking 1000 receiving yards last season and has a very good chance to do it this year as the #1 guy in Minnesota. Another great example of that deep ball threat I mentioned, is Torrey Smith. Now that he is finally out of San Fran and their short pass based offense, not to mention their dumpster fire of a QB situation, Smith can get back to what he does best and use his speed. He may not have a career year, but I'd expect something closer to his 2012 stats (49 catches, 855 yards and 8 TDs).

Conclusion: They may not catch as many passes as most teams, but TRT Vitors can make up for it with long TD receptions by all of their home run hitters. Expect very good and very bad weeks, but a wild card spot isn't out of the question.

Draft Grade: C

• Upvote 1

Team Daly - RozzaD

Top Picks: Odell Beckham Jr, Jordan Howard, Demaryius Thomas

Steal: Willie Snead (8th Round)

Sleeper: Darren McFadden (11th Round)

Ahhhh the gamble that is the auto-pick draft. Team Daly took as risk, so let's see how it played out. Starting things off, Odell Beckham will do what he does best and make crazy catches look routine on his way to another top 10 WR year. As one of only two weapons in Chicago, Jordan Howard will shine bright again. If he managed to put up top 10 RB numbers last season and did it while not being the starting running back for four of those games, I'm curious to see what he can do as the full time starter. Demaryius Thomas will still be the #1 guy in Denver, no matter who is throwing to him. Great QBs can make anyone look good and Willie Snead can thank Drew Brees for his job. Having posted double digit points in nine games last season, New Orleans and RozzaD would like to see that trend continue, but hopefully with a few more TDs added to it. With Ezekiel Elliott out to start the season, Darren McFadden will be the go to guy to start the year in Dallas. Only one year removed from 1000 yard season, McFadden should have no problem putting up good numbers behind Dallas' O-line, but he will need to be replaced once Elliott returns.

Conclusion: Unfortunately for Team Daly, the auto-pick gods were not on their side this season. Sure the first three picks were solid, but then it got ugly and fast. They would need a few miracles to happen in order to even sniff the playoffs.

Draft Grade: D

• Upvote 1

Team Lewis - ScoobyAli

Top Picks: Drew Brees, Jay Ajayi, Terrelle Pryor

Steal: C.J. Anderson (7th Round)

Sleeper: John Ross (13th Round)

Picking a perennial top 5 QB and two guys that had breakout seasons isn't a bad way to start your draft and Team Lewis did just that. Scooping up Drew Brees with their #1 pick essentially gives Scooby a guaranteed twenty points for the week, Brees had 10 of them, which is a nice head start. Going into week 6 of last season, Jay Ajayi looked like another mediocre RB, but then clearly something clicked. While I don't expect him to have multiple 200+ yard games again this year, several 100+ games surely isn't out of the question. Since we're mentioning things clicking, Terrelle Pryor seems to finally have figured out this whole WR thing. I expect a bigger season from him now that he will have a decent QB throwing to him, so things are only looking up. Attempting to replicate the start to last season, before the torn meniscus, CJ Anderson should be the focal point for Denver's offense and could post his first 1000 yard season of his career. Straight speed, that's the best way to describe John Ross. He may be down a little further on the depth chart then Team Lewis would like, but he should end up as the #2 WR for Cincinnati before the season is over.

Conclusion: Team Lewis will need a few of their later round picks to have the breakout seasons that their 2nd and 3rd round picks did last year, otherwise they will not be punching a playoff ticket this season.

Draft Grade: C-

• Upvote 1

Dean's Donkeys - Artie Banks aka dinooo

Top Picks: Julio Jones, Todd Gurley, Christian McCaffrey

Steal: Cam Newton (8th Round)

Sleeper: LeGarrette Blount (12th Round)

When a WR that is considered one of the best, if not the best, at his position falls to you at #7, of course you jump all over it. That's exactly what Dean's Donkeys did this year, drafting Julio Jones with their first pick. Even after being sidelined for two games by an injury, Jones had the 2nd most receiving yards in the league last season at 1409. After dealing with a sophomore slump and "when will they start Jared Goff", dinooo is hoping that Todd Gurley is set for a bounce back season. That should be the case with a semi-improved O-line, so a top 10 RB season is definitely not out of the question. The real question mark is Panthers new RB Christian McCaffrey. My guess is he shows flashes of talent, but won't break 1000 rushing yards. Having said that, his receiving skills out of the backfield are where his value is at and he will end up with 600+ yards receiving. The man throwing him the ball, Cam Newton, also happens to be a pick of Dean's Donkeys. Cam struggled when his offensive weapons went down with injuries, but now that the Panthers are re-loaded, a top 10 QB season is coming. A man not on many teams radars, LeGarrette Blount will make for a nice one-two punch with Darren Sproles for the Eagles this year. A goal line vulture, with 10+ TD potential, is a much needed punch in the Eagles line up and could have one of his best season outside of New England.

Conclusion: This team has plenty of fire power, but a majority of that will fall on the shoulders of how well Carolina's offense does (having their starting QB, RB and #1 WR). If they have a good season, so will Dean's Donkeys. If not, the playoffs will only be a dream.

Draft Grade: B

Although i'm doubtful AP will be a big help throughout the season(Hopefully im Wrong) I got a feeling he may have a breakout game week one against his old team. So i'm benching Crowell week 1 in his favor will see how this turns out.

Might be a good call. Crowell wasn't impressive this week.

I really need a few of my guys to step up a bit for the late games and Monday games.

Hit by hurricane. No power. Limited internet access. Probably be without power for another 7-10 days.

Hit by hurricane. No power. Limited internet access. Probably be without power for another 7-10 days.

Same here shouldn't be that much longer fore though. I heard there running low on supplies. I was one of the last to get power when Matthew came through last year now the same this year.It is what it is though