NFL Fantasy Football 2017

Deuce7

Bell, Wilson and Bryant will be your 3 key guys obviously. Hyde can be a solid #2 if he can stay healthy and the 49ers offense clicks sooner rather then later. Rudolph has solid numbers with Bradford at QB, so as long as Bradford is the starting QB in Minnesota he should be fine. Baldwin is hit or miss from year to year. Stewart and Tevin Coleman could be huge later in the season if either one of their teams starting RBs gets hurt (which I'm guessing they will). Mariota could be a steal if the Titans offense continues to improve.

Overall I'd give you a B grade.

not A bad team at all looks good

if anybody wants to play in another league I got a friend looking for another team or two. PM me your email address if interested and I'll give it to him to send you the invite.

• Upvote 1

What's the buy in and the league type?

no buy in, I'm not sure what type of league, it looks like it might be PPR but I'm sure...

Houston Texans - Gonzasco

Top Picks: Aaron Rodgers, DeAndre Hopkins, Lamar Miller

Steal: Ted Ginn Jr (10th Round)

Sleeper: Shane Vereen (11th Round)

Gonzasco made sure his team lived up to the name Houston Texans by drafting three Texans to fill his roster, taking Hopkins and Miller in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, but also picking up the Texans Defense in the 7th. Some might call his selection of Aaron Rodgers #1 overall a bit head scratching, but Rodgers was the top fantasy QB of 2016 scoring fewer then 15 points in only two games and hasn't missed a game in over 3 seasons. You can basically pencil him in for 3500 yards and 30+ Touchdowns, so this is probably the safest pick in the 1st round. The potential that Ted Ginn Jr has as a #2 or #3 in New Orleans is massive. More then likely he'll end up in the slot and with New Orleans pass happy offense he could see a career high in targets this year, plus he should be the #1 returner for the Saints which could translate to some sneaky points every few weeks. Shane Vereen has probably been one of the most talked about PPR RBs over the last few years as far as potential sleepers go, but he seems to be a bit injury prone. If he can manage to stay healthy, Vereen could turn into a top 15 RB and possibly overtake ever down duties for the Giants. Then again, that is a very big IF.

Conclusion: Houston Texans have a lot of high risk, high reward players and may need a few of them to have career years otherwise a key free agent pick up or two will be needed to shoot for the playoffs.

Draft Grade: C

• Upvote 1

Humble Greco - Humble

Top Picks: Mike Evans, A.J. Green, Ezekiel Elliott

Steal: Zach Ertz (7th Round)

Sleeper: Cole Beasley (13th Round)

Humble Greco hit the WR jackpot in this draft by managing to pick up two top 5 WRs in Evans and Green, with back to back picks (12th & 13th). Green was on pace to have a monster year before injuries derailed his season, managing just under 1000yrds (964 to be exact) in only 10 games. Curious to see Ezekiel Elliott go so early in the draft, thanks in part to his pending 6 game suspension, but when he returns he will instantly be plugged in as Humble's #1 RB and should lead to a big 2nd half surge towards the playoffs. Zach Ertz has one of the best 2nd halves, maybe the best, by a TE last season as Carson Wentz became more comfortable with him. I expect more of the same and it could lead to Ertz cracking the top 3 fantasy TEs for the season. The man forgotten in all of the "Cowboys are back" hoopla is Cole Beasley. When Dez Bryant went down last season, Beasley stepped up huge and had double digit points nine times between week 1 and 12 last season. He may not have the same number of targets as last season, but with the passing game going to be featured a bit more until Elliott's return, Beasley could have a very nice 1st half of the season.

Conclusion: If anyone needs a WR, Humble Greco should be the team to contact. The early part of the season could be ugly with their RBs, but once Elliott returns it should be smooth sailing to the playoffs.

Draft Grade: B+

• Upvote 1

Humble Greco - Humble

Top Picks: Mike Evans, A.J. Green, Ezekiel Elliott

Steal: Zach Ertz

Sleeper: Cole Beasley

Humble Greco hit the WR jackpot in this draft by managing to pick up two top 5 WRs in Evans and Green, with back to back picks (12th & 13th). Green was on pace to have a monster year before injuries derailed his season, managing just under 1000yrds (964 to be exact) in only 10 games. Curious to see Ezekiel Elliott go so early in the draft, thanks in part to his pending 6 game suspension, but when he returns he will instantly be plugged in as Humble's #1 RB and should lead to a big 2nd half surge towards the playoffs. Zach Ertz has one of the best 2nd halves, maybe the best, by a TE last season as Carson Wentz became more comfortable with him. I expect more of the same and it could lead to Ertz cracking the top 3 fantasy TEs for the season. The man forgotten in all of the "Cowboys are back" hoopla is Cole Beasley. When Dez Bryant went down last season, Beasley stepped up huge and had double digit points nine times between week 1 and 12 last season. He may not have the same number of targets as last season, but with the passing game going to be featured a bit more until Elliott's return, Beasley could have a very nice 1st half of the season.

Conclusion: If anyone needs a WR, Humble Greco should be the team to contact. The early part of the season could be ugly with their RBs, but once Elliott returns it should be smooth sailing to the playoffs.

Draft Grade: B+

This grading thing you're doing is really cool. Love it. My fault for not showing up quick enough to avoid getting Elliot so early, but hey what can you do :shades:

This grading thing you're doing is really cool. Love it. My fault for not showing up quick enough to avoid getting Elliot so early, but hey what can you do :shades:

Haven't done the grading in the past. Figured it would add something new.

• Upvote 2

Tampa Das Boot - Kenlow

Top Picks: David Johnson, Brandin Cooks, Rob Gronkowski

Steal: Russell Wilson (7th Round)

Sleeper: Eric Ebron (13th Round)

Kenlow shocked us all by not picking a Buccaneer with his 1st pick, instead making the smartest pick possible and getting David Johnson. He followed that up by drafting two New England Patriots that have huge boom or bust potential. Obviously Gronk needs to stay healthy or at least healthy enough and Cooks is a bit of a wild card after coming from the pass happy Saints. The talent is there, but will it translate in New England. After struggling last season with injuries, Russell Wilson could be in line for a massive comeback season, especially in a very weak NFC West. By being forced to pass more last season the comfort level with his receivers should be at an all time high. That should force defenses to focus on them more now then ever, which opens the door for Wilson to do what he does best, run. This seems to be an on going theme here, but another guy looking for a bounce back season is Eric Ebron. He still managed to have seven double digit point games, but did miss some games and only played bits and pieces of a few others. The Lions probably have the most pass heavy offense in the league and a healthy Ebron could hit 10+ TDs if he can stay on the field.

Conclusion: Das Boot is a team that has quite a few guys looking to bounce back after suffering injuries last season. If half of the guys return to their top form, then a winning season shouldn't be that hard to achieve and a wild card spot is definitely not out of the question.

Draft Grade: C+

Team Harris - The1rstSaint

Top Picks: Jordy Nelson, Devonta Freeman, Isaiah Crowell

Steal: Kyle Rudolph (7th Round)

Sleeper: Tyrell Williams (11th Round)

Team Harris has assembled a team with players that had sneaky good seasons last year and leading the way was Jordy Nelson, scoring fewer then 15 points in only five games. Drafting RBs with his 2nd and 3rd round picks, Butch snagged a consistent #1 RB (Freeman) and, I can't believe I'm about to say this, a Cleveland Brown (Crowell). Maybe he knows something we don't, but Crowell did manage to have a fairly good season last year, coming in at #14 among RBs. Having only drafted one TE, Team Harris made sure it was a good one. By picking up Kyle Rudolph they get a guy that had a career year with Sam Bradford throwing him the ball. Considering Bradford is still the #1 QB for the Vikings, it wouldn't surprised me if Rudolph manages to have 1000 receiving yards by the end of the season. Talk about going from nothing to something, Tyrell Williams had two career receptions in the NFL at the beginning of last season and finished with 69 catches and just over 1000 yards. Thanks to injuries to Keenan Allen and Stevie Johnson, Williams was given a chance and blew past all expectations. With Allen now healthy, Williams will be the #2 WR for the Chargers and has a great chance to replicate his numbers from last season and show it wasn't a fluke.

Conclusion: No big superstars, but plenty of grinders. It may not be flashy and they won't blow anyone away on the scoreboard, but Team Harris is a team that will have you wondering how they beat you at the end of the day.

Draft Grade: B

Tampa Das Boot - Kenlow

Top Picks: David Johnson, Brandin Cooks, Rob Gronkowski

Steal: Russell Wilson (7th Round)

Sleeper: Eric Ebron (13th Round)

Kenlow shocked us all by not picking a Buccaneer with his 1st pick, instead making the smartest pick possible and getting David Johnson. He followed that up by drafting two New England Patriots that have huge boom or bust potential. Obviously Gronk needs to stay healthy or at least healthy enough and Cooks is a bit of a wild card after coming from the pass happy Saints. The talent is there, but will it translate in New England. After struggling last season with injuries, Russell Wilson could be in line for a massive comeback season, especially in a very weak NFC West. By being forced to pass more last season the comfort level with his receivers should be at an all time high. That should force defenses to focus on them more now then ever, which opens the door for Wilson to do what he does best, run. This seems to be an on going theme here, but another guy looking for a bounce back season is Eric Ebron. He still managed to have seven double digit point games, but did miss some games and only played bits and pieces of a few others. The Lions probably have the most pass heavy offense in the league and a healthy Ebron could hit 10+ TDs if he can stay on the field.

Conclusion: Das Boot is a team that has quite a few guys looking to bounce back after suffering injuries last season. If half of the guys return to their top form, then a winning season shouldn't be that hard to achieve and a wild card spot is definitely not out of the question.

Draft Grade: C+

First pick? I didn't take any Bucs at all.

• Upvote 1

giphy.gif

well, I was going to take OJ Howard but Karter drafted him before me.

Team MERG - JLP

Top Picks: Le'Veon Bell, Amari Cooper, Dez Bryant

Steal: Kevin White (10th Round)

Sleeper: Chris Hogan (15th Round)

Go big or go home must be Team MERG's motto because they are full of home run hitters that have a tendency to strikeout more then he might like. Outside of Bell, nobody else managed to score 20+ points in more then 4 games (QBs excluded). Now obviously that's not an easy task, but I also don't expect that to be the case for Cooper and Bryant this season. Both should have very good seasons and I expect at least 6 games of 20+ points from each. Now to the enigma that is Kevin White. I've said it many times already in these write ups, but staying healthy is the key for White this season. With Cameron Meredith likely out for the season, White will be the go to guy (maybe the only guy) at WR for the Bears. I'm expecting 1000 yards and no less then 7 TDs. If he manages that, then JLP will look like a genius at the end of the season. Speaking of being the go to guy, many expect Chris Hogan to be just that in New England this season. I'd expect him to be more of a #2 behind Brandin Cooks, but with Julian Edelman out for the year someone needs to step up and Hogan should be that guy. He has the potential to be a poor man's Jordy Nelson, which is definitely not a bad thing.

Conclusion: Team MERG will probably score the more points then any other team this season, but how often will their high scoring potential actually come to fruition. They should be playoff bound, but a few bad weeks could change everything.

Draft Grade: A-

• Upvote 1

B Double O TY Oh My - Deuce7

Top Picks: LeSean McCoy, T.Y. Hilton, Alshon Jeffery

Steal: Brandon Marshall (6th Round)

Sleeper: Marqise Lee (13th Round)

The beginning of the season could be really good or really bad for B Double O TY Oh My, mainly due to the starting QBs for McCoy and Hilton are injured to start the year. Both could see heavy workloads early on which could be huge for Deuce, but with defenses likely making both of them their main target it could get very ugly. On the bright side, Alshon Jeffery is on a new team with a legit QB for possibly the 1st time in his career. Jeffery is on a one year deal with the Eagles and fighting for a big contract this off-season, so expect a determined Alshon to get his numbers this season. Also on a new team, but staying in the same city, is Brandon Marshall who will look to be the thunder to Odell Beckham's lightning. Playing with possibly the best QB he has had in his career, Marshall is out to prove that his lack of numbers last season was due to the Jets having no capable QB and not because of his age. Since we're mentioning teams without a capable QB, Marqise Lee of the Jaguars managed to put up decent numbers last season in spite of lackluster QB play. Lee somehow managed to score double digit points in nine games last year and if a QB on his team can seem to "figure things out" Lee could be in for an even better year, but it is the Jaguars.

Conclusion: Early season woes could hit B Double O TY Oh My hard, but if they can weather the storm for the first few weeks they could steal Wild Card spot and could be a surprise team in the playoffs.

Draft Grade: B-

• Upvote 1

hanging with aaron hernandez lmao... that's funny.

for the record, it's not a tragedy. so I don't feel bad laughing at it. dude straight up dumbass for one, and for two, killing himself let his wife and kid get his money from NE contract iirc.

I feel bad for his victims, but not for him. And yes, I believe his wife and daughter did get the money.