How to get into Cryptocurrency

MMATycoon

Thanks for sharing your knowledge on both this thread and your blog, Mike. Allow me to continue taking a critical/negative approach (Although this approach wouldn't imagine Facebook replacing MySpace).

I disagree that Google Ads offering pay-to-view ads in Chrome is too far out there. Google might not innovate it, but could easily copy it if the idea gained traction elsewhere. Although Brave's competitive advantage of 'Don't be Evil' could well see them wrest 5-10% of market share.

Who would use pay-to-view ads? People who are time-rich (have time to view) but money-poor (sufficiently motivated by money reward). That is, most people. The USA is currently liquidating their middle class and their buying power. So is high volume of low value sales a requirement - idk, I don't understand the advertising industry. Or maybe BAT is up to you, EU. China will be covered by a home-grown clone.

Presumably, pay-to-view remuneration will be proportional to the viewer's buying power or local wage. But what if I employ Average Zhou gold farmer from Guizhou, China, to remotely access my laptop to browse ads for me? A technical challenge for Brave. What if I employ/enslave Scripty McRobot to browse bot through ads? Code captchas at every turn presumably, eating the time and patience of human viewers. You must have already considered this, so I'm keen to hear your thoughts.

Yep, ad fraud (bots etc) is 100% a problem, not just for Brave but for every bit of online advertising. Brave/BAT talk about it in their white paper. I can't remember the exact words but essentially they're going to do more to try and combat it than anyone else, using machine learning. So your own computer will watch what you do to see if it looks like real activity. Of course, there will be people who find their way around it because anything involving money will attract people trying to exploit it.

My own view on it would be to limit the earning potential of one machine to a point where it's not really worth it for a bot. So let's say Brave get 200 million users... If you just serve 5 ads to them a day, that's not really worth bothering setting up a bot for because it wasn't any more efficient than a person just browsing the internet.

So yeah, the Brave ad serving network won't be fraud free by any means but I just think it will be way better than what's already out there.

I did invest in Neo, not much but enough to be happy when my price alerts went off a number of times last night.

Yeah I wanted to put in Neo also but decided with BAT and now I feel like I want to jump out of the window. :suicide_anim:
It seems I am unlucky in what ever I do others here make tons of money buy I only have lost my investments. :(

Yeah lets hope it doesnt fall back down and pray that shitty Ripple will increase also because I want to sell that crap.

Estimated Value: 0.03914031 BTC / 135.54 USD

I mean it will eventually hit price resistance and fall again a few points, but since these things tend to break out in groups of three it's again likely to rise again over the coming days before once again meeting resistance, BAT is going to be a hunker down for the long term kinda thing, as long as the trend is generally up month to month we should be fine.

Ripple is what ripple is likely to always be from what I can tell, the next time it goes up a bit dump out of it and get some Monroe or straight up just buy some Lightcoin, seems to be the way forward.

I spent some time looking into 1ST First Blood last night, it looks like it has potential, anyone else watching this? it's a gaming platform that lets people compete against each other for money.

Estimated Value: 155.34338636 GBP

1ST First Blood could be very big they are banking on the growth of competitive gaming esports etc i think it looks solid

The lack of any barrier to entry is the problem for 1st Blood. I mean, how long really would it take for someone else to just set up a different token doing exactly the same thing? I do think one token will emerge in that market and be massive but I'm not sure it's 1st Blood, purely because of the stupid name.

re Ripple. I was looking at it last night and it's cheap compared to where it has been historically. It might go on a run soon. Who knows :)

The lack of any barrier to entry is the problem for 1st Blood. I mean, how long really would it take for someone else to just set up a different token doing exactly the same thing? I do think one token will emerge in that market and be massive but I'm not sure it's 1st Blood, purely because of the stupid name.

re Ripple. I was looking at it last night and it's cheap compared to where it has been historically. It might go on a run soon. Who knows :)

what do you think of Monroe (xmr) Mike ?

Seriously want to punch SP in the mouth. The plan was to put half in BAT and half in Neo but this asshole fooled me to put in Ripple and now I have lost all my money :(

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Seriously want to punch SP in the mouth. The plan was to put half in BAT and half in Neo but this asshole fooled me to put in Ripple and now I have lost all my money :(

:rolling: :arrowhead:

I would ban you from the forums so we can get some peace and quiet but I'm finding your minor meltdowns quite funny.

I had 170 NEO at one point, that I bought at about $7.50. I've only got 52 now. Shit happens :)

TenX (PAY) Seems to have some legs behind it, its basically a wallet app with a physical card that lets you use most coins to buy real world stuff, its supported by both MasterCard and visa, worth a look since it surged 31% today, might not be too late to get on this thing all the way the moon once it drops off a bit? https://www.tenx.tech https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/tenx/

Yeah it looks good. I was gunna get some yesterday because the graph looked ready to break out (not because I want to keep it). Oh well, can't win em all :)

what do you think of Monroe (xmr) Mike ?

No idea mate.

• Upvote 2

Come on Mike if I put all that money in Neo not in Ripple I was able to buy a new car now. Thanks SP thanks a lot buddy.

Leason learned guys dont trust a guy who spends thousands of dolars in browser game with your investments.

• Upvote 1

Im not much of a computer wizard or anything but why does MMATycoon not accept Bitcoin as a payment option for VIP? Seems like it would be a good investment on your part. Idk how much of a process that would be to set up, or how many people would pay in bitcoin. But if you are thinking 10 years down the road its hard to imagine it not working out.

Jesus Christ what a garbage that Ripple is it will fall to zero? Or what will happen to it? if only SP would not step a foot in this topic I would be about 190$ now.

Estimated Value: 0.03954763 BTC / 143.80 USD

Maybe sell them before they fall to zero?