NFL 2017 Discussion

JLP

Anyway, back to football.....................so when does Chicago finally give Trubisky the green light???

It's official, Monday night:

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Trubisky-to-start-Monday-night-vs-Vikings/a24021d2-7aa5-409a-b29b-c72956159792

Tough to make your first start vs a good defense and on Monday night.

That's one of them for sure.

The Patriots having the worst defense in the league.

The Jets and Patriots having the same record after 4 games is shocking.

Granted my experience isn't with professional football, considering my football career didn't make it past H.S. but something we had to deal with a lot, when you're the champs, when you're an established top dog, if the other team isn't intimidated and roll over before the game starts, everybody comes to play you. When you're the champ, it don't matter if opponent is 10-0 or 0-10, they're more often than not gonna come out and try their best to hit you in the mouth.

at the lower levels it's much less successful due to talent deficiencies, but college and especially pro that talent gap gets narrowed by a large margin.

They can always re-sign Aguayo

I'm not sure who's worse, Folk was supposed to be an improvement over Aguayo.

Mitch looked ok in his debut. Threw a really nice ball and on a lot of his incompletions he was tryin to throw the wr open. He has a gun on em. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt cuz it's Tough to complete passes if the wideouts can't get open. John Fox is aging like an American President in office.

Bears defense was dominant today. I really like that unit, especially considering how many injuries they've already had. Lots of talent on that squad. Jordan Howard won the game for them today with that huge run in OT.

Trubisky looked great. No bad decisions, no forced passes. He took what the Ravens gave him and it wasnt much as the receivers were rarely open. More then half of his incompletions were just throwing it away. He'll need to improve his pocket presence and go through the progressions better, but that takes experience. So far his deep ball doesnt look that great, but he can be a solid starter even if that doesnt ever come.

I'm starting to get real optimistic. There are a few good FA WR's next year that could come in and make a huge difference.

Rodgers may be out for the rest of the season.

I'd feel bad for Packer fans if they weren't horrible conceited dicks.

I'm a big Packer fan, and would like to think i'm not a conceited dick :(

I'm really curious to see how Hundley performs tomorrow, and have confidence he'll do pretty well. They just need to get their O-line healthy so he's not under constant pressure.

I'm a big Packer fan, and would like to think i'm not a conceited dick :(

I'm really curious to see how Hundley performs tomorrow, and have confidence he'll do pretty well. They just need to get their O-line healthy so he's not under constant pressure.

they need to sign Kaepenick though Packer fans swear they don't need him, blind Packer fans that have never seen their team without a QB since Farve took over for Don Majkowski.

they need to sign Kaepenick though Packer fans swear they don't need him, blind Packer fans that have never seen their team without a QB since Farve took over for Don Majkowski.

why on earth would they sign a qb with zero experience in their system, before even giving hundley a chance?? this is his 3rd year there, and he's been in the qb room w/ rodgers (arguably the most talented qb to ever play the game) and mike mccarthy (one of the best qb head coaches in the game). kaepernick is better than a lot of backups in the nfl, but we haven't even seen what hundley is capable of yet. at the time of this writing, he's having a pretty solid first start.

why on earth would they sign a qb with zero experience in their system, before even giving hundley a chance?? this is his 3rd year there, and he's been in the qb room w/ rodgers (arguably the most talented qb to ever play the game) and mike mccarthy (one of the best qb head coaches in the game). kaepernick is better than a lot of backups in the nfl, but we haven't even seen what hundley is capable of yet. at the time of this writing, he's having a pretty solid first start.

That's debatable, at best...

Kap isn't dedicated to football. He's a fraud. There's a segment where Ray Lewis goes off on the Kap situation exposing the fact that he aint signed because he don't want to play football. He has an agenda, and it doesn't involve putting in the work of NFL QB.

Bucs played their best game all year, minus a few mental lapses and missed opportunities, we squandered a chance to win at the end and defense continued their pathetic display of missed tackles and bad angles on crucial 3rd downs. We should go on a 4 game winning streak after this, worst case scenario we should be sitting at .500 going into the back-to-back away games vs ATL and GB. GB not having Rodgers actually makes it a winnable game but that's too far ahead in the schedule.

I think we're on track for an 8-8 record, maybe a 9-7 push. Couple unlucky bounces away from 7-9 and key injuries could cripple us to a 5 or 6 win season.

The Hard Knocks hangover is real. Luckily I think it's wearing off and if we stay healthy we should be able to get the ball rolling again.1

First game all season where I didn't scream at Hargreaves lousy coverage. He stepped it up today in the nickle spot and pressing off the line instead of giving free cushion.

I was rooting for the Packers and Bears hard today lol, at least the Bears pulled through. Gotta hope NE handles business today.

That's debatable, at best...

Kap isn't dedicated to football. He's a fraud. There's a segment where Ray Lewis goes off on the Kap situation exposing the fact that he aint signed because he don't want to play football. He has an agenda, and it doesn't involve putting in the work of NFL QB.

I don't trust anything somebody who got away with murder says

I don't trust anything somebody who got away with murder says

Outlining Ray Lewis case specifically and not that comment...

1. Ray Lewis was involved in a murder – Ray Lewis was an eventual witness in a murder case. He was charged with the murder of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar along with his two companions Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting. The murder charges stemmed from a vicious fight in Atlanta streets following a Super Bowl Party in 2000. Eventually, the case ended with the defendants acquitted for reasons of self defense. In the eyes of the court, no murder took place.

2. Ray Lewis’ friends went to jail to protect him – This is in a lot of blogs and opinion pieces. It’s just not true. No one in this case went to jail.

3. Ray Lewis refused to testify against his friends in the murder trial – It’s the opposite. Ray Lewis started the trial at the table with Oakley and Sweeting. He flipped, pleading down to an obstruction of justice charge in exchange for testimony. Lewis was the state’s star witness. Some sources say the three men were no longer friends because of the alleged betrayal. Ironically, the only person to serve any sentence in this case at all was Lewis. Had he not flipped, he likely would have walked away with the same acquittal as the other defendants.

4. The murders were never solved – This is written a lot, along with something to the effect that no other suspects were ever arrested. It doesn’t seem to be in dispute that Oakley and Sweeting killed Baker and Lollar. The jury found that it was self defense after only a few hours of deliberation.

5. Ray Lewis is a murderer – Ray wasn’t involved in the fight that killed the two men. His companions were. Lewis wanted no part of the fight, but not for some moral or noble reason. He wanted to avoid the conflict because he was concerned it might hurt his NFL career. Throughout the process, Lewis seemed consumed with protecting his then burgeoning NFL superstar status. He made them promise silence in the limo afterward and lied to police the morning after. He flipped on his buddies to avoid scrutiny

Dumbest fucking thing I've read today. Haven't read much, but unless I try I don't think I'm gonna read anything more stupid than that.

Outlining Ray Lewis case specifically and not that comment...

1. Ray Lewis was involved in a murder – Ray Lewis was an eventual witness in a murder case. He was charged with the murder of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar along with his two companions Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting. The murder charges stemmed from a vicious fight in Atlanta streets following a Super Bowl Party in 2000. Eventually, the case ended with the defendants acquitted for reasons of self defense. In the eyes of the court, no murder took place.

2. Ray Lewis’ friends went to jail to protect him – This is in a lot of blogs and opinion pieces. It’s just not true. No one in this case went to jail.

3. Ray Lewis refused to testify against his friends in the murder trial – It’s the opposite. Ray Lewis started the trial at the table with Oakley and Sweeting. He flipped, pleading down to an obstruction of justice charge in exchange for testimony. Lewis was the state’s star witness. Some sources say the three men were no longer friends because of the alleged betrayal. Ironically, the only person to serve any sentence in this case at all was Lewis. Had he not flipped, he likely would have walked away with the same acquittal as the other defendants.

4. The murders were never solved – This is written a lot, along with something to the effect that no other suspects were ever arrested. It doesn’t seem to be in dispute that Oakley and Sweeting killed Baker and Lollar. The jury found that it was self defense after only a few hours of deliberation.

5. Ray Lewis is a murderer – Ray wasn’t involved in the fight that killed the two men. His companions were. Lewis wanted no part of the fight, but not for some moral or noble reason. He wanted to avoid the conflict because he was concerned it might hurt his NFL career. Throughout the process, Lewis seemed consumed with protecting his then burgeoning NFL superstar status. He made them promise silence in the limo afterward and lied to police the morning after. He flipped on his buddies to avoid scrutiny

If anything, Ray Lewis was a snitch... of course it went down as self-defense because one of the guys who did the stabbing, was hit with a bottle and suffered injury(s) visual enough to convince the judge and jury of self-defense. If you actually think NFL superstar, 260 lb athletic as fuck Ray Lewis shanked somebody with a knife... in public... and nobody seen him do it or testified that he did it... Dude's got a whole entourage and only reason he was arrested and charged was to force him to testify against the 'perpetrators' since he was easily the most recognizable and identifiable person there.

I could dissect your comment and make that 'murder' philosophy backfire into hypocrisy, assuming you're a typical Tampa local that 'supports the troops and stands for the flag'... but I'll just leave it at that. Ken, you got the internet. before you make ignorant ass comments do some research.

^^^ and I don't give a shit if people support troops or stand or don't stand for the flag, but if you don't trust murderers.. drone strikes, political assassinations, geographical destabilization... get the drift?

yeah, and you probably believe OJ was set up too.

yeah, and you probably believe OJ was set up too.

OJ and Ray Lewis are two totally different cases.

Just because they're both black, all-star athletes in the NFL, and victims were killed with a knife, doesn't make their cases similar - regardless of how the internet and clueless people spin it. It'd be like comparing Darren Sharper to Jameis Winston. Total nonsense.

Ravens need to change their QB's name to Joe Flatco after that hit and somebody needs to tell Mallet he's too small to get in Suh's face.

• Downvote 1