Patti

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And now you are forced to have it which is even better........... :D

It allows for more gym owners to find their niche in the market

r u still gonna want it like that 3 months down the track...some of us have been playing longer...our niche is rich fighters that can afford quality training

I'm pretty sure it's all been covered but yeah, you pay for a gym once per week - it doesn't matter if that's at the normal time on a Thursday or if that's any other time during the week. If you join a gym on a Thursday morning, you'll still pay the weekly fees on a Thursday night because that's the next week's fees. But if you are a member of a gym, pay your fees as normal on Thursday night, then leave the gym, then come back on Tuesday, it wouldn't make you pay the signing fee because it's the same week.

Gym fees will not be increasing. Gyms run by two companies will be dealt with - not in a way which is specific to people with two companies, rather I think what will probably happen is that gyms will be penalised for not running at a profit for any significant period of time. So if a gym continues to run at a loss and be subsidised (either by a manager's other business or just because the manager has a shed load of money from a previous company, from a manager cut or from winning the lottery), there will be some sort of penalty which is yet to be determined. This will put everyone on an even footing, though I'm sure we'll find someone who thinks it's a bad idea!* :)

* By bad idea, obviously we mean it stops their current advantage.

I worked my ass off for the money, and now it's worthless, just kind of a kick in the balls IMO

so what is the point of the lottery now? you get to sit there and look at all the money you will never spend

making money, once again, worthless

Ill gladly have any spare coin that is weighing your fighters down :)

Excessive money is pretty worthless in a sense you dont have a lot to use it on, but being safe in the knowledge money is not a factor for you guys HAS to be quite comforting, I know most players do not have that safety net.

The lottery and the high/low thing is just a money sink really. If you win it you are supremely lucky, but yes you will just sit and stare at your millions I guess, o try to put on a PPV :P

An interesting side effect is that you can join two gyms in one week and then switch between the two as often as you like. So... like you could do your skills training at some elite gym on monday tues, do some sparring at a good sparring gym on wed thu, then go back to the elite gym for skills training fri sat.

meanwhile you'll pay each gym fee exactly once. nice! not sure when you'd ever do this but hey nice to know that you COULD.

This is very interesting; some gyms might want to be a bit more focused now. Focus on for example only defensive training or offensive and some fighters would bounce between the two gyms getting great training.

I like it.

I worked my ass off for the money, and now it's worthless, just kind of a kick in the balls IMO

so what is the point of the lottery now? you get to sit there and look at all the money you will never spend

Don't worry about that, with 2 lotteries a week it would take about 20 years for somebody to win the jackpot.

It's a gap that certainly needs to be filled, but honestly I don't really mind. People will have to look to join the best organization rather than the ones than offers the most money. Maybe Mike could do something with the hidden attributes. Paying for advertising gives a small boost in popularity, giving parties a small boost in self confidence, expert coaches a boost in KO power and so on. Also I think that training should be a lot more expensive and that fighting organizations should earn less money.

Its worthless now, but aren't there plans to change that ?

Point of the lottery ? If money has no point give more of yours to starving fighters like mine.

At what point does money stop to have real value ? 10,000, 20,000 ?

How will this affect the member cap that is set for a gym? If the cap is lower than the actual membership, can people still come and go as they please since they've paid?

How will this affect the member cap that is set for a gym? If the cap is lower than the actual membership, can people still come and go as they please since they've paid?

ya probably not. I screwed around and left a gym whose cap was lower than what was in the gym and could not return. So if this is the case for you, STAY PUT!

I guess the alternative would be to buy oodles of product from nutrition companies, and a few sets of clothing from the clothing companies so they can in return create more and better product.

Yeah people complain about us charging more than 25-40 for items, then wonder why our sponsorships are shitty.

At that kind of price I can offer about 1k a week at the most out on sponsorships which is NOTHING to someone who earns 10k a fight. I wont be increasing my prices because Id rather everyone have a chance to wear my stuff, but if you think my sponsorships are not enough, that is why :)

Ps if you want better sponorships spend more money at BPC lol.

Pps usually sponsorship deals are worth a lot to fighters but in this game they aint unless you are a 0-0, maybe thats something we can fix one day. Passive income for clothing and nutrition (imho clothing a lot more than nut) could help do this, but who knows if thats ever going to be something the community would go for.

I guess the alternative would be to buy oodles of product from nutrition companies, and a few sets of clothing from the clothing companies so they can in return create more and better product.

um, I have all the supps and clothes my fighters will ever need already, I done spent a small fortune doing it, and still do help companies. I have given out over 200,000 in sponsorships, and tons more in just free money. Now what? Should my manager keep giving his hard earned money away? Bushido has not brought in anywhere near the money I gave out, so am I funneling money through Bushido? I just don't get it anymore, this is a Tycoon game, not pattycake

DIDM, you seem to think there are a million hours in my day or something. This is one change. That one change will be followed by other changes. Those other changes will no doubt enable managers to spend more of that "worthless" money.

I'm not going to start explaining all those things because I think it would be more fun if they come as a bit of a surprise, when they are implemented.

Mike?

If the gym is full they would not be able to get back in, even if they've paid the fees for that week.

Would it be crazy to put in a thing where paying for fees guarantees your spot? To encourage specialized gym hopping and thus encouraging people to spend more of their "worthless money"? I mean... it's a thing I'd want but I think I want you to finish your other things first :V

Would it be crazy to put in a thing where paying for fees guarantees your spot? To encourage specialized gym hopping and thus encouraging people to spend more of their "worthless money"? I mean... it's a thing I'd want but I think I want you to finish your other things first :V

I think that kind of goes against the point of gym caps, from a gym owner's point of view. They put the cap in place - if the gym is full, it's up to the gym owner whether they want to increase that cap to let people back in or not.

They could have a cap of 100 for example. 20 might get booted for going under $200. 20 new people join, then those original 20 are allowed back in? What if the gym owner doesn't want 120?

So yeah. I think leave it to the gym owner.

making money, once again, worthless

Money might be MEANINGLESS (worthless isn't the term) to a guy like you since you owned an org and had millions but to the majority of players they're still having to ask for sponsorships and such just to pay for clothes, sups, and gym fees.

You're one of the richest players in the game and like most rich people in real life, they don't know what to do with their money.