adding illegal nutrition companies in the future

Just thinking maybe we could add illegal supps in the future. There would be high risk/reward for these like in real life. The purchase price of illegal steroids would be expensive compared to the supps already on the game. They would be a higher rating than the current supps maybe like 165+ for an example. The risk involved would be that you have a possiblity of getting fakes. It could be at random whether or not you get fakes. If you got fakes you would take a monetary loss causing a morale drop and possibility of injury. It would high risk/reward. Of course You would only be able to buy them one supp at a time and only once over a period of time, because you have to cycle them. Probably dumb Idea just up late thinkin. This would be seperate companies than the legit companies we have now as legit companies wouldn't risk their rep dealing in illegal supps.

Last night, Mike participated in an impromptu "town hall" of sorts in the "official" MMATycoon chat room at http://www.mibbit.com/chat/#mmatycoon

Mike spoke for a few hours with those in attendance about the new changes, changes for the future, and the state of the game.

At the end, he offered that "steroids and hoes" (that is a direct quote) would possibly be appearing in the game as money sinks, but he is unaware of how it will be implemented.

As an aside, Mike said he would try to do these "town hall" events in chat with some regularity, so be sure to check out the chat.

I'm not sure I like this idea... I guess it could be a money sink but in real life steroid users are labeled as cheaters. So wouldn't this be like condoned in game cheating if there's no real penalty for it other than possibly getting fakes? seems like it would contribute to the problem of super fighters progressing too fast to catch up to and widen the gap between those with money and those without. But I guess that's just my two cents. I am not against it, I just don't like it.

I warm to the idea. I like the concept of in game "cheating". If you don't give people an option to "cheat" within the game, they'll look for ways to do it outside of the game. Steroids might be perfect. If you get caught using suspension and ridicule follow.

Not keen on ho's. I don't need that level of reality.

Last night, Mike participated in an impromptu "town hall" of sorts in the "official" MMATycoon chat room at http://www.mibbit.com/chat/#mmatycoon

Mike spoke for a few hours with those in attendance about the new changes, changes for the future, and the state of the game.

At the end, he offered that "steroids and hoes" (that is a direct quote) would possibly be appearing in the game as money sinks, but he is unaware of how it will be implemented.

As an aside, Mike said he would try to do these "town hall" events in chat with some regularity, so be sure to check out the chat.

Mike - would it possible to post a time for the next 'town meeting". I am constantly on the game/forums but rarely venture into chat. Not that chat is bad and it has been good sometimes, but 90% of the time I venture into chat there is no one chatting.

If you announced a time we probably could break the record set during the famous server crash

I think this could be a good idea, if implemented properly.

Positive of taking illegal supplements: they're more effective than traditional supplements

Drawbacks to taking illegal supplements: they're expensive; there is a chance you'll get caught in either post-fight or random testing, resulting in a fine and suspension for the fighter.

The key would be balancing the risk/reward. If the illegal supplements were the equivalent of 250 quality and there was only a 1% chance you'd get caught each fight (resulting in a $50 fine and a 1 week game-time suspension), then everybody would take them (if they could swing the cost). Similarly, if they were the equivalent of only 165 quality and there was a 50% chance you'd get caught each week (resulting in a $5,000 fine and a 1 year game-time suspension), then nobody would take them. I don't know what the right balance is, but if you can come up with the proper benefit, risk of getting caught and punishment ratio then I think it would be a good addition to the game.

Against it.

No form of 'cheating' in any sort should be implemented or looked upon as normal. And hoes, I dont know, too much illegal and abusive history and actual happening behind this whole scene in order to not make me feel bad in some way.

There are other possibilities to create diversion and money sinks.

A ring girls company and stuff like that.

i dont see how taking steroids in an online game can be considerd cheating.i would consider a multi acount or hacking cheating.they arent real sterioids and they could add a nice twist to the game..seems like they would be the same as regular supps just better, and there is a random punishment..i like the idea..and hoes sound good too, so that i can finally put that good in bed to use lol

Am I the only one who'd get SUPER PISSED if someone beat my guy and they ended up getting suspended for steroids? Just because they get some sort of punishment doesn't mean my record takes any less of a hit. This is just another way for people who don't wanna keep a level playing field to pad their fragile egos. This is a bad idea.

Quick edit: Plus, don't sup companies have a hard enough time as it is? If there is a super option, how many of you would actually go the straight path?

As bc said, it's about balancing it so some people go straight and some go dirty. If steroids gave you just a tiny boost but there was a huge chance you'd get caught and slapped with a long suspension, no one would take them.

So your point is we need them in the game so no one will take them? I'm having a hard time understanding how this justifies the programming involved. And why would we WANT some people to go dirty??

I don't see how you can get:

As bc said, it's about balancing it so some people go straight and some go dirty. If steroids gave you just a tiny boost but there was a huge chance you'd get caught and slapped with a long suspension, no one would take them.

to mean this:

So your point is we need them in the game so no one will take them? I'm having a hard time understanding how this justifies the programming involved.

We want the added option, where it's a calculated risk that might pay off in some cases but not always.

(The latter part of iloveme8's post is probably directed to those who fear steroids might be so good it would wipe out the normal supps.)

We want the added option, where it's a calculated risk that might pay off in some cases but not always.

I gotcha.

Well, if it happens I'm sure it'll be done in good taste so whatever... I don't see Mike throwing anything in that's gonna cause him an even bigger headache in the long run. I still just don't understand peoples need to pad their egos. We've all got the option to buy high rate sups and also have a good chance of picking up a fast learner but for some reason everyone needs an even bigger edge than the luck of the draw provides.

Quick edit:

I do see where I misread what he said. If they weren't super effective with minimal punishment no one would want them. I missed that there for sure. But why wouldn't everyone want them? I still stand by my point and "because we want to" isn't really a good enough defense to convince me. Lucky for you, I'm not the one that needs to be convinced, cus i'd have vetoed it straight away. The only one who really knows how this could work and be put into play fairly is the creator. So we'll wait it out and see what happens.

I do see where I misread what he said. If they weren't super effective with minimal punishment no one would want them. I missed that there for sure. But why wouldn't everyone want them?

I'm confused as to what you're saying. You do acknowledge reasons why people wouldn't want them, but then ask why they wouldn't?

Ummmm, I THOROUGHLY enjoy this idea. There should be a couple drawbacks though, like when you get off the roids your energy recovers at half or third speed for a couple weeks. Also maybe shortens a career. IDK but there has to be some kind of short term physical penalty once you gett off the roids lol.

Also, it would be cool if they were legal or non tested in Russia and Japan, I just like the idea of calling out fighter names as cheaters like we would with Overeem, Arona, and some of those guys. Roids could be like the woner supplement, increase strength, speed, cardio, and weight, but take heavy short term repercussions if caught or stop using them. Pure awesomeness.

Just to add two more cents here...

Saying "I hate the idea" or "this will fail" doesn't really help the situation. You need to explain how to improve the idea, or why its a bad idea and another idea is better.

Here are some facts:

FACT - We need more money-sinks in this game. The game has too much money with no value.

FACT - Mike doesn't have unlimited manpower - if he needs to develop ideas and have them implemented, it can take quite long for changes to come about!

FACT - The players of this game - you and me - have 1000s upon 1000s of ideas to improve this game.

So, what does that leave us with? The opportunity to thoroughly and intelligently bring ideas to the table, make an argument, have others agree or improve, and have Mike, hopefully, implement.

I actually think the steroids idea is a good one. I think there is a lot to figure out about it - can a fighter just take it or do supplement companies sell them to unknowing fighters? I don't know - lots of ideas!

I'm just saying - we have a unique opportunity here to have direct "impact" on a game we play everyday - let's make wise use of it.

This whole thing is kinda going no where. ignoring whole arguments to point out a skewed sentence here or there isn't proving me wrong. it's just avoiding the topic.

None of us really know how this game works and I did give reasons why I don't like this idea. I feel like if it does happen it'll be well thought out and not do anything to cause more headaches. I don't see it being the alternative to super sparring that some seem to be looking for. Someone mentioned how it'd be cool to accuse people of cheating... I don't see that going well at all and is EXACTLY what I'd like to see avoided. What people want is a strokejob to their self esteem and not a fair game. now that super sparring is gone they want another elevator because they can't be bothered to take the stairs. I'm gonna keep walking up slow and steady until I reach the next level. Everyone else can keep working on ideas to open a new exploit but my favorite part of this game is that you win some and you lose some. I have gone into a few fights already with a severely under trained fighter and came out on top. That's a buzz win for me. Pumping him with roidz so I can assure victory just seems cheap. And after i win if I got caught and suspended I will just spend my suspension time in training and taking more roidz. maybe i'd just avoid getting signed at all until I am happy with my "super fighter". these are the most obvious problems I see initially.

But I'm not the one making this decision or even workshopping it, and I'm not totally against it. I admit I don't like it but the best thing to do is to come up with a few counters to think about when they are implementing it. Bringing these problems up hopefully will make the developers work to close those loopholes. My extreme opposite suggestion would be that the fine should be $300 a week for a month out of your manager cash (risking your VIP) and a 60-90 day suspension with at least a 40% chance of being caught and that fighter see a gym ban for the duration of his punishment. Then the guy who takes a hit to his record because you can't POSSIBLY play fair can feel somewhat at ease that you are actually paying for it and not just taking a vacation.