Game speed / fighter ageing

MMATycoon

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 weeks, to 16 weeks, no big deal. I hope it doesn't get any faster than that though. I don't need Quad Elite fighters, but I usually put a lot of care into my guys, and If I do happen to be building a legacy as we speak... I'd like the time to see it through. I understand Fighter's may have too much time now.. but I don't want it to get to the point that I feel rushed every time I log on.

Dunno if this is info u are able to give out or if its a big secret, but with these fighters that suddenly age tomorrow do they kinda gain experiance? Like i think i read somewhere experiance is a hidden stat, is that done by age or number of fights?

13 is the perfect amount of weeks, I was gonna make a suggestion regarding this because my fighters were creating on 6/9/09 and had a birthday on 10/15 which is 4 months and a couple days, way too long. 13 weeks is perfect, would still allow a fighter to get "2 fights in 1 month" game wise if they wanted and their energy permitted, as if it were 1 week equals 1 month that wouldn't nearly be as much time to approprietly prepare for a fight.

i like the idea of ko's shortening a career. i also think injuries should shorten a career. then ticking that "never gets injured" box when creating a fighter might be a little more tempting to click.

i like the idea of ko's shortening a career. i also think injuries should shorten a career. then ticking that "never gets injured" box when creating a fighter might be a little more tempting to click.

What I really want to see, and think would make everybody happy is when a fighter retires and ends his career (as long as you didn't release him into free agency) when he retires he go on some sort of Alumni list that we can access and view from our manager profile for everybody to see. Have his overall record, day he started his career (day he was created) and the day he retired or whatever next to their name (click on the name and it's a link to the fighters profile).

And if we ever make it where we can hire fighters as coaches we could use the alumni page to select and try to hire them from.

Yes, I believe so. I've set it to 16 weeks so tomorrow at about 8.30 UK time the first batch with age.
Sweet. I prefer once a month so the 16 weeks thing works perfectly. Really hope that wasn't a typo though.

What I really want to see, and think would make everybody happy is when a fighter retires and ends his career (as long as you didn't release him into free agency) when he retires he go on some sort of Alumni list that we can access and view from our manager profile for everybody to see. Have his overall record, day he started his career (day he was created) and the day he retired or whatever next to their name (click on the name and it's a link to the fighters profile).

And if we ever make it where we can hire fighters as coaches we could use the alumni page to select and try to hire them from.

this would be awesome. also, it could show any belts or awards they had.

Why are you so keen to have a long timeframe? I mean, there's no way that anyone's going to be here for 5 years, so why do you never want to even have one cycle of fighters in the time you're on the site?

i'll be here for 5 years...if the game's here for 5 years...but i'm old...well, old-ish. :)

hell, been playing madden every year since it came out and that's well beyond 5.

Hey Mike, if you're worried about fighters getting to elite too quickly, why not make top-level skills equal 200 points instead of 150? It's frustrating when you train a fighter and don't see any discernible difference so I wouldn't want training to get gimped again. If you're worried about people finishing a race too quickly, you should move the finishing line and make the race longer.

I think it works out nicely. But I will be pissed if my fighter ages sometime soon if you're going to have to do that because he JUST turned 19.

And as far as training I like the way it works now because we're all going to end up with pretty much a level playing field aside from a tick here or there on the skill set. Once people get to strong plus on all 4 stats there's not much of a change per pop.

Why are you so keen to have a long timeframe? I mean, there's no way that anyone's going to be here for 5 years, so why do you never want to even have one cycle of fighters in the time you're on the site?
Sure we've yet to hit Year One, but MMA is no fad. I don't see why not that people won't be here in 5 years provided you keep the game running, just look at City of Heroes and this site is barely advertised. If people quit the game, their fighters will fall to more active managers just like the giant free agency we have going on now from multi-gate. I prefer having a month between fights because of the progress my guys make. At that rate, it's 4 fights in a year which is about what you see in actual MMA.