Super Fight League

Mentor

13 hours ago, Icon73 said:

Kind of senseless for champions to fight non title fights.

This is an unusual comment. In most cases, super fights between PPV level orgs are between the champs of the respective orgs. If we would put the title on line all the time, it would mean we would have to strip the title on many occasions or even worse, have the new title owner (who is a fighter of a different org), defend the new belt. This brings up other issues, because the other org would have to agree to such arrangement and defending 2 belts is messy, even when you are doing it in 1 org, let alone competing in 2 different orgs. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Mentor said:

This is an unusual comment. In most cases, super fights between PPV level orgs are between the champs of the respective orgs. If we would put the title on line all the time, it would mean we would have to strip the title on many occasions or even worse, have the new title owner (who is a fighter of a different org), defend the new belt. This brings up other issues, because the other org would have to agree to such arrangement and defending 2 belts is messy, even when you are doing it in 1 org, let alone competing in 2 different orgs. 

Not really unusual at all. Actually just how real combat sports work. People fight champions for belts. Superfight or not. Stripping a belt is not a big deal. Fucked up title lineage and guys missing out on title defense records because promoters are too greedy to just take the risk/hype hit is silly. I put the title on the line every single time. Never had all these issues you claim.

Also why does everyone here act like stripping a belt is the end of the world? You recover the hype in 1-2 shows... Also if you know your shit you can strip a belt with 0 hype hit ;)

Also lol at down voting me cause of my opinion. Weird shit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 7/19/2022 at 3:25 AM, Icon73 said:

Not really unusual at all. Actually just how real combat sports work. People fight champions for belts. Superfight or not. Stripping a belt is not a big deal. Fucked up title lineage and guys missing out on title defense records because promoters are too greedy to just take the risk/hype hit is silly. I put the title on the line every single time. Never had all these issues you claim.

Also why does everyone here act like stripping a belt is the end of the world? You recover the hype in 1-2 shows... Also if you know your shit you can strip a belt with 0 hype hit ;)

Also lol at down voting me cause of my opinion. Weird shit.

Was told I had to sign 5 fights to get a superfight with this organization for Kahn vs Randleman.... 😁

• Upvote 1

On 7/19/2022 at 10:25 AM, Icon73 said:

Actually just how real combat sports work. People fight champions for belts. Superfight or not. Stripping a belt is not a big deal. Fucked up title lineage and guys missing out on title defense records because promoters are too greedy to just take the risk/hype hit is silly. I put the title on the line every single time.

Well it all depends how you see things and if you want to run your org that way, then it is totally up to you.

For me, I see stripping as a serious thing, it means that the belt lost its real lineage and it has become a WWE style belt. That is my opinion. Super fights are super fights and the belt is the belt. 

In this whole game's history (including Syn's history), this is how all belts functioned and super fights were VERY rarely for the belt. I think that beyond these recent Syn scenario's, maybe it happened 1-2 times previously? Among top level orgs, none come to mind.

Then again, i see nothing wrong with how Syn is doing this, maybe we should of considered this, but i do not plan to change things after 13+ years 🙂

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mentor said:

Well it all depends how you see things and if you want to run your org that way, then it is totally up to you.

For me, I see stripping as a serious thing, it means that the belt lost its real lineage and it has become a WWE style belt. That is my opinion. Super fights are super fights and the belt is the belt. 

In this whole game's history (including Syn's history), this is how all belts functioned and super fights were VERY rarely for the belt. I think that beyond these recent Syn scenario's, maybe it happened 1-2 times previously? Among top level orgs, none come to mind.

Then again, i see nothing wrong with how Syn is doing this, maybe we should of considered this, but i do not plan to change things after 13+ years 🙂

Tbh I get how you looking at it but look at it this way. In UFC and in boxing the champions do not fight non title fights even if its a superfight. And if they do it makes it way easier to lose track of who is the lineal champion.

Lineal champion is a big thing to me. Its a big thing in combat sports. WWE is where champions lose non title fights and it just doesn't matter cause it doesn't reflect on the record books.

I understand its new to the game but IRL lineal champion is hugely important and something to track.

• Downvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

On 8/28/2022 at 12:39 PM, Icon73 said:

Season 7 STANDINGS

GAMMA 12

Syn 8

Combate 2

SMASH 2

Updated after the results posted above

• 2 weeks later...