Super Fight League

Mentor

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

Yago Steve was ranked #2 P4P when Kilo took the title from him.

the 4 bold were basically the lambs in Jurassic park being led out to the hype-hungry T-Rex but the rest of the list were quality competition, often farmed for chin and/or KO power.

tenor.gif

You better put some spect on Butch Frewin's name. He came from the gutter to become double champ.

At least you edited his name properly though so i give your kudos there. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah - I kinda missed Womba also and that 18-1-1 run. Kane also went 14-0 while going from WW-LHW. 

Tbf all of the guys that won fighter of the year always had a hellova year. I'd be hard pressed to single one out as the best. From back in the day you'd probably go Womba, Otso and Rinky in that order for best year. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rambo said:

❤️

16-11 was a boner killer, even for a top 10 w/c opponent.

Yeah but that wasn't my fault lol.

I'll have to tell Butch to not get gassed from literally the first strike that hit next time. He was on that steak and ribs diet, but might need to hit the lettuce next time. Which kind of lettuce? Let you figure it out. EDIT: Iceberg of course, if the Feds are watching.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Daudy said:

I'll have to tell Butch to not get gassed from literally the first strike that hit next time. He was on that steak and ribs diet, but might need to hit the lettuce next time. Which kind of lettuce? Let you figure it out. EDIT: Iceberg of course, if the Feds are watching.

Butch gassed himself with the maximum effort it required to dodge 4 of Kilo's strikes.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, ArtieBanks said:

Yeah - I kinda missed Womba also and that 18-1-1 run. Kane also went 14-0 while going from WW-LHW. 

Tbf all of the guys that won fighter of the year always had a hellova year. I'd be hard pressed to single one out as the best. From back in the day you'd probably go Womba, Otso and Rinky in that order for best year. 

outside of Samor Kanen (34 P4P), Grundy x2 (49 P4P), and Kuchiki (256 P4P), all of Womba's opponents in 2013 made top 10 P4P at some during their careers. anytime a top fighter notches 20 fights in a year, that's impressive af.

pron not all top 10 p4p at the time they fought Womba, but still compiled quite the resume.

Womba was 5-0 vs me in 2013 lol. didn't avenge those L's til 2014 and that was after Womba hit the dreaded age drop off.

Just now, Daudy said:

All I'm hearing is that Butch is the first guy to have 100% striking defence at distance in a fight with Kilo.

His fatal mistake was thinking Kilo wanted a nice hug after that.

Butch didn't even have the decency to pay the blood tribute.

While Butch was doing his best impersonation of Neo from the matrix, the announcers thought it wise to mention Butch had been working on his Muay Thai. That annoyed Kilo deeply, so he gave Butch a free lesson in the art of 8 points of contact the proper way.

2 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Butch didn't even have the decency to pay the blood tribute.

While Butch was doing his best impersonation of Neo from the matrix, the announcers thought it wise to mention Butch had been working on his Muay Thai. That annoyed Kilo deeply, so he gave Butch a free lesson in the art of 8 points of contact the proper way.

They misread the prompt card. It meant to say he'd been EATING a lot of pad thai and washing it down with a mai tai. Hence the cardio issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The1rstSaint said:

tenor.gif

You better put some spect on Butch Frewin's name. He came from the gutter to become double champ.

At least you edited his name properly though so i give your kudos there. 

36 minutes ago, Daudy said:

Hey just so you guys know the misspelling was a autocorrect mistake I swear I didnt mean it and only noticed it once you mentioned it butch

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 1:07 PM, Icon73 said:

Finlayson has no interest in fighting open ID and khan had the chance to fight Randleman and passed on it. Also he lost to Joosep so he would be the one we'd aim for.

fake news. I do not recall this. unless it was a send Kahn to syn instead of Randleman come to Combate. Kahn was ranked higher and therefor I felt he should get home field advantage.

Barring info I didn't retain, I've been known to fry some brain cells, let the record reflect that I was down for the fight, as long as it was on Combate home turf since Kahn was the higher ranked fighter of the two. I would have went to SYN to fight Winston Todd when he was #1 P4P and Kahn was #2 P4P.

Same goes for Joe Dinapoli. Kahn ranked higher. Come to the 2021 Org of the Year and catch those nukes.

17 hours ago, Rambo said:

outside of Samor Kanen (34 P4P), Grundy x2 (49 P4P), and Kuchiki (256 P4P), all of Womba's opponents in 2013 made top 10 P4P at some during their careers. anytime a top fighter notches 20 fights in a year, that's impressive af.

pron not all top 10 p4p at the time they fought Womba, but still compiled quite the resume.

Womba was 5-0 vs me in 2013 lol. didn't avenge those L's til 2014 and that was after Womba hit the dreaded age drop off.

To be fair Convicted as a whole was 1-8 vs Womba that year. 

I think the biggest thing I miss about the game is the diversity of opponents you used to get. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArtieBanks said:

Managers and fighters - even back then it was hidden farmed machines and not much has changed in the way of builds since CTD got nuked into oblivion. 

I think hidden farming is way more popular than it's ever been, and the hidden hierarchy is more established.

Plenty of grapplers rise to the occasion, they're just built less often. That's mostly mantra related. Easier to build strikers and less rng reliant imo. not to mention the dreaded ref standups.

#2 P4P, #1 MW Joe "The Real Tiger King" Exotic

#12 P4P, #2 FW Darren Dixon

#31 P4P, #2 SHW Zahbit Lovanov

#19 P4P, #3 LW Mama Tosen

#7 P4P, #2 WW Raate Road 

#21 P4P, #2 MW Tanaka Matsuda

#33 P4P, #3 MW Jake "The Tacoma Ax-Killer" Bird

CTD nerf or not, grapplers are still viable. "Thicc" Dick Pawlik was just the #1 fighter in the game. Had Womba throwback vibes for a while.

Hell, this ground wizard is 22-0. Richard "The Magician" Hall about to snap Aljo's arm in half.

10 hours ago, Rambo said:

I think hidden farming is way more popular than it's ever been, and the hidden hierarchy is more established.

Plenty of grapplers rise to the occasion, they're just built less often. That's mostly mantra related. Easier to build strikers and less rng reliant imo. not to mention the dreaded ref standups.

#2 P4P, #1 MW Joe "The Real Tiger King" Exotic

#12 P4P, #2 FW Darren Dixon

#31 P4P, #2 SHW Zahbit Lovanov

#19 P4P, #3 LW Mama Tosen

#7 P4P, #2 WW Raate Road 

#21 P4P, #2 MW Tanaka Matsuda

#33 P4P, #3 MW Jake "The Tacoma Ax-Killer" Bird

CTD nerf or not, grapplers are still viable. "Thicc" Dick Pawlik was just the #1 fighter in the game. Had Womba throwback vibes for a while.

Hell, this ground wizard is 22-0. Richard "The Magician" Hall about to snap Aljo's arm in half.

Nah, i'd disagree with that one. There isn't anything in this game now a days that I didn't know before I left it in 2015. As far as hidden farming? We both know of the amount of people who had multi's just for hidden farming prospects to not lose their rank - this was before people figured out you could just fight yourself and that was in 2011-2012 onwards. Joe River as you said before is legit the only person that really plays this game on ironman mode when it comes to fighters.

The only real difference was the veil of secrecy that went with tactics etc which had pretty much eroded by the time I left. A vast majority of people knew everything there was to know about the game. 

It isn't to say grapplers ain't viable they still were even after the CTD nerf. It was just there was more of them. You can still use them to great success if you know what you are doing. It still appears the only thing that remains a veil of mystery is the ground game in the MMA side of things. 

Highland being a part of the Super Fight League feels like a sham unless they're equally sending their tuna to other orgs. Even then, should only account for a half-a-point and you should lose 10 points if your champ loses to an Island guy. If they're just feeding one org's roster, seems like some collusion is at play.

Has Highland ever been included in the Super Fight League? When did this happen? And why? lol

What's this season's standings without island hype tuna snacks being included?

6 hours ago, Rambo said:

Highland being a part of the Super Fight League feels like a sham unless they're equally sending their tuna to other orgs. Even then, should only account for a half-a-point and you should lose 10 points if your champ loses to an Island guy. If they're just feeding one org's roster, seems like some collusion is at play.

Has Highland ever been included in the Super Fight League? When did this happen? And why? lol

🤷‍♂️

On 12/4/2022 at 12:56 AM, Rambo said:

No, they have never participated in the Super Fight League. Frankly speaking, i agree with this point, not sure how we can limit fighters based on skills though. The rule is 2x "top 100" ranked fighters from different orgs, count as super fights. 

I think Syn has at least 2 wins against Highland fighters.  So it would not change the standings, they would still have 23 points, which keeps them in the first spot.