COVID-19

PBR

COVID-19 has impacted life a lot here in Belgium, but the main thing is that none of my family/friends have the virus.

Worst thing currently for me is that my new car can't be delivered yet and that I have been waiting for an extra month now already.

I'm a huge car fan, so this sucks! Hope to see it delivered within the next two weeks normally, but nowadays nothing is sure I guess...

COVID-19 has impacted life a lot here in Belgium, but the main thing is that none of my family/friends have the virus.

Worst thing currently for me is that my new car can't be delivered yet and that I have been waiting for an extra month now already.

I'm a huge car fan, so this sucks! Hope to see it delivered within the next two weeks normally, but nowadays nothing is sure I guess...

Last time I heard it was expected a 3-4 month delay because China interrupted their industry. A third of world's productive chain pass thru China, give it or take, so... Economy is going to take a while to get back in track with every kind of sector stuck

my damn bedroom tv went out last night luckily though it still covered under 5 yr warranty thru geek squad (less than 4 months left, lol) but gonna be a damn week before tech can get here. -- when i asked why a week they said cause covid19, so they sending me two boards this week that the tech is suppose to install next saturday -- told them a week with no tv is messed up, hell if boards get here will replace the crap myself -- lmao -- stupid though ----- my take the virus is real but i don't think its as bad as being lead on and i have no idea why usa would play along with wrecking the worlds economy but feel like this is why china done this cause for so long they were king of everything like you say everything went through or had china parts --- trump along with other leaders got tired of it and changed things now china is hurting and way back at everyone ---- still only person i know personally that had it (comfirmed) was termite watkins, it almost killed him but he recovered -- so im not denying the virus kills but so does flu and many other virus's -- just think major overblown and the numbers are overblown cause if die for some reason (heart attack, flu, lung issues) your getting lumped into covid19 when they are not even confirming covid19 been tons of reports on this

Last time I heard it was expected a 3-4 month delay because China interrupted their industry. A third of world's productive chain pass thru China, give it or take, so... Economy is going to take a while to get back in track with every kind of sector stuck

Got the call yesterday that the car will be brought to the dealer next week normally, at the latest the week after that. Happy days! The car is built in South Carolina, but was shipped just on time to Belgium. It has been at the importer in Belgium for nearly a month, because delivery to the dealerships was not allowed with the government measurements yet.

Pretty much sure there is 100% chance it has parts made in china, even tho the car is assembled in South Carolina.
Its impossible to not have your productive chain linked to China industry these days. Be the hard plastic of the panels, the magnetic smart key, the steering wheel, the bench or any or part of the interior... Minor parts of the motor, the screws... Even if the part was not made in China per se, the steel from these parts (Brazil's VALE change their steel production from Brazil to China). You cant assemble if any of these are missing.
Glad to know they have given a short deadline, lets hope they honor it. Here in my country its pretty common for them to give any deadline just to make you stop bothering and then keep postponin

my damn bedroom tv went out last night luckily though it still covered under 5 yr warranty thru geek squad (less than 4 months left, lol) but gonna be a damn week before tech can get here. -- when i asked why a week they said cause covid19, so they sending me two boards this week that the tech is suppose to install next saturday -- told them a week with no tv is messed up, hell if boards get here will replace the crap myself -- lmao -- stupid though ----- my take the virus is real but i don't think its as bad as being lead on and i have no idea why usa would play along with wrecking the worlds economy but feel like this is why china done this cause for so long they were king of everything like you say everything went through or had china parts --- trump along with other leaders got tired of it and changed things now china is hurting and way back at everyone ---- still only person i know personally that had it (comfirmed) was termite watkins, it almost killed him but he recovered -- so im not denying the virus kills but so does flu and many other virus's -- just think major overblown and the numbers are overblown cause if die for some reason (heart attack, flu, lung issues) your getting lumped into covid19 when they are not even confirming covid19 been tons of reports on this

TLDR: IMHO, yes, there is a slight overreaction. As long as this overreaction doesnt translates into panic and deaths from starvation doesnt rise above lifes save thresold, I'm ok with it.

Sars-COV-2 has a higher lethality index than flu. I dont know how things are in US, but here in Brazil there is definitely some overreaction. Slight, but its still there. I'd rather have this slight overreaction than underestimate the situation tho.

Math models about new virus outbreak on "virgin" (no previous contact) populations are well know and quite precise. In Sao Paulo city (40mi population) if NOTHING was done, it was estimated around 10mi infected before herd immunity would prevent virus from effectively circulating and epidemy would stop by itself. with a 3% lethality (and it could be around 2-4%, so this is a mild case scenario) this would mean 300 thousand deads in a few months.

And that is a lot. Definitely more than the Flu. And I advocate between physicians here that Flu should be taken way more seriously then it currently is, so that says something.

And let's remember, when its someone from your family that died, you just lost everything, the 2% turns into 100%. 100% of your mother died. If your 65 yo father had a stroke, the opportunity window for a thrombolythic treatment is the difference between virtually no residual deficits and death. He might miss this if hospitals are filled with COV

ID... ER I work hade a few COVID deaths. And I work at a low flow hospital, 3 years working there with VERY few deaths... Now we had 5 in 1 month. All COVID.

And lets not forget, this "COVID economic crisis" its not COVID actually.... August and september 2019 already had MAJOR FED money injections to prevent the REPO MARKET from breaking. Russia was already hitting 10mi unemployed, etc, etc. COVID was the sparkle to make all the domino pieces falling, but the crisis was already set, it just needed that sparkle. So deaths by starvation were already supposed to rise, economy was already going to suffer this year... As long as lives saved by people overreacting to COVID outnumbers deaths by starvation because of COVID, I think we are fine.

Obviously, this is still chosing who lives and who dies, and it is a really elitist view on it... But lets face it, between poor people and the mid class, governments would, wll and always had been chosing the midclass, so just take this for granted and move on.

Pretty much sure there is 100% chance it has parts made in china, even tho the car is assembled in South Carolina.

Its impossible to not have your productive chain linked to China industry these days. Be the hard plastic of the panels, the magnetic smart key, the steering wheel, the bench or any or part of the interior... Minor parts of the motor, the screws... Even if the part was not made in China per se, the steel from these parts (Brazil's VALE change their steel production from Brazil to China). You cant assemble if any of these are missing.

Glad to know they have given a short deadline, lets hope they honor it. Here in my country its pretty common for them to give any deadline just to make you stop bothering and then keep postponin

Volvo is tied to China and my car altough only made in their South Carolina plant, will also have parts sent from China probably. The thing is though that it was finished on the 13th of March and shipped to Belgium,so China can`t stop my car anymore.

Only belgian government regulations were still stopping the delivery, the bastards =p

It`s crazy how much money the US is giving lazy people.

It`s gonna be really hard to get people to get back to work if they are making more $ not working than working.

This will result in an entire generation of bums and underachievers. Hopefully Trump gets another 4 years so he can fix some of this shit like fo realz.

I think death by starvation from covid should be zero.

Dying from covid or other virus one thing, dying from starvation is ridiculous alternative lol.

COVID => Lockdown => Recession => unemployoment raises => homeless => starve => death

Did not think I'd had to explain this.

Screen-Shot-2019-07-22-at-11.37.52.png

You can see a minor peak each time economy goes cucko. "Minor" means 500-1000 more deaths/year. Avoidable deaths.

• 2 weeks later...

Delivery on Thursday, yihaaaaa! =D

COVID => Lockdown => Recession => unemployoment raises => homeless => starve => death

Did not think I'd had to explain this.

Screen-Shot-2019-07-22-at-11.37.52.png

You can see a minor peak each time economy goes cucko. "Minor" means 500-1000 more deaths/year. Avoidable deaths.

Death in america should be zero from starvation.

• Upvote 2

I'm dying at work and not directly because of COVID but because I can't breathe in the masks especially when I'm working in a metal box that's actually sitting outside and Walmart decided that the mask is part of my dress code and if I don't wear, I'm out of dress code, all because they didn't force somebody to wear a mask and he died from COVID and then one of his relatives sued them for neglect for not forcing him to.

Yeah, world comes down to 'Murica.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/world/africa/coronavirus-hunger-crisis.html

I think you need to come out of your nutshell and raise awereness about some social issues at your own backyard tho

US_Food_Insecurity.png

https://www.csis.org/programs/global-food-security-program/covid-19-and-food-security

There's a big difference between not having access to "enough food for an active, healthy life" and starvation.

Sure malnutrition goes up with poverty but starvation? No.

As it is, before crisis (and check second link form my previous post), US situation is:

120 United States

Thats same starvation death rate as Costa Rica, Egypt, China, Sri Lanka... Worse than Iran, Lybia, Thailand, Romeina, Turkmenistan, Malasya, Albania...

As it is, before crisis (and check second link form my previous post), US situation is:

120 United States

Thats same starvation death rate as Costa Rica, Egypt, China, Sri Lanka... Worse than Iran, Lybia, Thailand, Romeina, Turkmenistan, Malasya, Albania...

All country's known for their transparency and accurate statistics.

Regardless, not sure what that has to do with your argument that:

People losing their jobs leads to poverty leads to starvation. In the case of the US, the developed world and even the vast majority of the developing world, it's not true.

If there will be a food crisis, it will come from the supply side (as the link you shared argues). Not the demand side (i.e. an erosion of consumers' purchasing power).

• Upvote 1

Idk about you guys, but I expect the worst is yet to come. Possible second wave along with flu season, damage done to small businesses and the economy that might not be repaired, possible mutations in the virus, along with high tension in the White House and on the streets amongst each other, and high tension between other countries and China.

Idk what will happen, but I doubt we will have a V shaped recovery and that by next May everything will be back to "Normal"

0.64 ----- 100000

x -------- 328.200.000

0.64 -------- 1

x -------- 3282

x = 2101 total deaths/year

2101 is not "about zero". Its 2101 avoidable deaths by starvation.

About the "most case of developing world" I just literaly posted a graphic showing thats not the case. India, Mexico, Brazil and Russia (probably the big 4 of the developing economies) all share the same frailty. Its not by mistake UN is raising alertness about hunger.

Short supply doesnt mean empty shells, short supply means rising prices (in developed world). You will still get your food, its just poor people that will suffer.

US is not great at social security (as we can see how well you guys are handling that epidemic stuff), you guys are just good at making poor people "invisible".

0.64 ----- 100000

x -------- 328.200.000

0.64 -------- 1

x -------- 3282

x = 2101 total deaths/year

2101 is not "about zero". Its 2101 avoidable deaths by starvation.

About the "most case of developing world" I just literaly posted a graphic showing thats not the case. India, Mexico, Brazil and Russia (probably the big 4 of the developing economies) all share the same frailty. Its not by mistake UN is raising alertness about hunger.

Short supply doesnt mean empty shells, short supply means rising prices (in developed world). You will still get your food, its just poor people that will suffer.

US is not great at social security (as we can see how well you guys are handling that epidemic stuff), you guys are just good at making poor people "invisible".

Well in the link you shared, CSIS claims global food prices are declining. On the supply side, again as in the link you shared, the risk (keyword here is risk) is that outbreaks will shut down food producers (as we saw to some extent in the pork processing industry).

How many of these 2101 people who starved to death in the US last year starved because they lost their job 1-2 months earlier, which is what you're arguing is going to happen.

Alternatively, how many starved from being stranded in the wilderness "into the wild" style or were old people who fell and broke their hip with no way of contacting anyone? Isolation causes starvation in the US, not poverty.

• Upvote 1