Sucker Punch Pro Series (Unrestrained) Opens in Sydney

HareRumpler

Sucker-Punch-Fist-Forum.png

Alright folks, here is the updated list of Middleweight Rankings now that most of our fights this month are complete for this division!

As I've said every time, I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I do put a lot of effort in when looking at the fighters in the divisions. But hey, if you disagree, let's chat...or argue, pick your poison! Ha.

I'm posting them here, but the current rankings for each division as they are established will always be available here: http://www.mmatycoon...=65096&p=910173

Enjoy!

SP-Rankings-185-20200819.png

Middleweights unranked outside the Top 10 at this time, but on the bubble: Jacques Piaget / Jim Beam / Wilfred Ainsworth / Jin Yi / Scott Summers / Kirill Krasnov

Also unranked outside the Top 10 at this time: Angenor De Oliveira / Toth Orion / D B Cooper / Viktor Reznov / Brendan Moker / Edward Mills / Gancho Ganevski

• Upvote 5

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1597011558SPPS_Poster_3.png

POST EVENT CHEAP SHOTS

Sucker Punch Pro Series 3

I’m Hare Rumpler and I’m joined by my partner and analyst, Donkey “Dan”, and Suzy Sucker Punch, our joyful and amazing media correspondent. Welcome back again Sucker Punch fans!!! ! I can’t wait to run through the results of Sucker Punch Pro Series 3 with you guys below and look back at all of the pulse pounding action!

A great event the other night over at the Bondi Outdoor Arena, our best to date in terms of event rating and really, pushing the organization forward! Thanks to you guys, the manager, the fighters, the fans…we’ve now moved up to #22 in the world! And our org hype jumped up another two points! Damn, you guys rock, and you’re making this work every step of the way!

Featherweight action…Heavyweight action…Middleweight action…oh, and Big Boy, Heavyweight Title fight action! It’s all here folks! Waiting for us to get into in detail below!

So, let’s talk about our sponsor and merchandise partner and then get into it!

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1584375781SWN.jpg

Do you find that you’re resting your fighters too often? Two, three, maybe even 4 times a week sometimes? If that’s the case, you’re probably not supplementing their training, and if you are I’m thinking you’re not doing it with Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, which is Shadow Warrior Nutrition’s outstanding energy loss reduction supplement. It’s the best money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting! Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Featherweight

Yellow Belt Casey Defeats Adrian Petrov via Submission (Armbar)

Well, we kick things off with Petrov, who desperately needed a win here, as well as Yellow Belt Casey who is with us for a one fight deal specifically for Petrov. Although we had thoughts of woo’ing Casey over to us, and were successful with that after this fight, so Casey will be joining us full time now!

Our concerns with Petrov were that he has a tendency to come into fights low on morale and not truly ready to give it a solid go. That was true again this fight, and as such, it was pretty much a determining factor in this fight not lasting long at all. Well, that and skill, but knowing he was coming in against a tougher opponent didn’t seem to entice him to work on his morale any!

Despite Casey having a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu Petrov still decided to go with his own personal strength rather than worry about what the other guy has going on. There is something to be said for that of course. So, Petrov took this one to the ground early about a half minute in and intended to try to utilize his wrestling and purple belt as best he could, specifically to try to help set up strikes from the top, as he was trying to go with the GnP rather than any submissions. However, it appears Casey was more than comfortable working his submission game from the bottom and immediately got to work on just that!

Just shy of three minutes into this one Casey found what he liked and nailed down an armbar, closing the book on this bout and sending it over to the ref!

Donkey, about what we expected…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

I’d say so Hare. But now comes decision time. I know you’ve been looking at this fight over and over for the past two days trying to figure out whether it’s worth hanging in there for one more fight to see what Petrov might finally bring to the table in preparation, or whether it’s just time to cut bait. It is a tough decision, to be sure. However, some good did come of all this, as Casey not only got the win, but seems to be coming on board long term after this one fight deal! It will be exciting to see what he can do from here. My vote is to give it another month for Petrov, for what my vote is worth. Aaron Work made an effort this past month to start getting that morale back up. I don’t think you ever want to discourage the proper response, and if somebody is going to show signs of effort, they should be given the benefit of the decision.

Undercard Bout #2: Featherweight

Alex Kozlovski Defeats Jack Reacher via KO (Punch)

In our second fight of the evening we expected Kozlovski to end this one fairly early in the fight due to Reacher’s lack of preparation, which has become a repeat issue. He followed through on that, getting himself a win despite coming in with somewhat low morale himself. Always great to get a win, but definitely not something that will happen often if he faces more prepared fighters. So this is something to try to improve before next month!

Koz finished this one even faster than I anticipated Donkey. This thing was in, out and done in thirty-four seconds! Koz came out, clinched up, separated, clinched, separated and then landed a combo that had Reacher without much more effort needed! A few more back and forths, with Kozlovski getting the better of the exchanges and then Reacher was caught with sloppy defense…allow Kozlovski to comes straight through down the middle to land the goodnight, see you later blow that put Reacher, and his jaw, to sleep!

As we mentioned, this was the last fight for Reacher, who unfortunately has failed to live up to his, and our, hopes and dreams! Perhaps he’ll be more focused and prepared for his next career, assuming he doesn’t stick to fighting after this.

What do you think Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

No surprise here and the expected results. Kozlovski gets the win, but as you said, definitely wants to focus on prep and improvement in that area for next month. Reacher is now gone, so no sense going on about that. Over and out here Hare, not a lot to be said, other than that there’s a good chance that could be the KO of the Night due to how nicely that put Reacher into next week! The fans certainly loved it!

Undercard Bout #3: Heavyweight

Aron Egomi Defeats Rob Gaunce via TKO (Strikes)

Donkey, Aron Egomi pulled a fast one on us here the other night against Rob Gaunce! We thought for sure he was going to want to take this thing to the ground, and we were going to see one hell of a battle there with these two! Instead, he stepped into Gaunce’s kitchen with the standup and decided to show him how to cook it up right!

Unfortunately for Gaunce, I believe our suspicions about his morale turned out to be right on this one. Might this fight have gone a little differently if he was fully prepared coming in and had worked on his morale after the last fight where he finally took a loss? Perhaps. Or maybe Egomi still would have had a game plan that allowed him to better Gaunce on this night. We won’t know for sure obviously. But Gaunce is now going to have to deal with two losses in a row and find a way to bounce back in a big way from it!

Egomi came in ready to throw hands in this fight though, and while Gaunce tried to move it to the clinch not a lot of action happened there. Actually, even in the clinch, Egomi was more active. Outside the clinch though Gaunce was more focused on the kicks and takedown attempts, clearly wanting to get this to the ground where he does like to do some really nice work. Egomi was having none of the ground thing this night though, and refused to allow a takedown, instead landing about half of his shots and eventually getting to Gaunce’s chin.

That right that Egomi landed was a thing of beauty Donkey! That thing came over the top and just pounded Gaunce to the ground…allowing Egomi to gain mount and end this thing with a ref stoppage!

Over to you Donkey, what do ya have for us…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Egomi really did pull the ole tricky-tricky switcheroo there on us didn’t he? I never would have believed he’d try to keep this one on the feet and work it over from there, but it’s fantastic to see him clearly working on other areas of his game, and coming in confident enough to try to use, and win, with them! This only proves what we’ve said, Egomi’s early record is to be discarded from his SAFO days and he’s faced some very good competition here at Sucker Punch. Gaunce is going to have to rebound, get that morale all the way back up starting today with clothing changes, and find a way to come back strong and rebuild his winning ways. He can do it, no doubt.

Suzy met with Rob Hell, manager for Aron Egomi as Aron spent some time in the cage bigging himself up and enjoying the moment…

Suzy Sucker Punch: Mr. Hell, it seems I spend a lot of time with you discussing wins these days! It’s always exciting to see one of your guys go out there and give it their all! You really surprised Donkey and the guys in the booth tonight, was it all part of your plan for Egomi?

Rob Hell: We wanted to defeat Gaunce in boxing because it was his best value so we didn't take it to the ground. I'm really happy that our risky plan worked and Egomi did it.

Suzy Sucker Punch: Well, it seems that it may have caught Gaunce off-guard as well, not just Hare and Donkey! Nice move, that took guts, but you guys pulled it off beautifully.

Rob Hell: Suzy, one more thing in the name of Bigga Baddaboom that I wanted to say: Dj Parko didn't abandon his fighter, but he hasn't logged to game site in since 2020-06-13. A lot could have happened to him. This is a huge difference between him and such a bad man who fires his fighter just because he didn't win the belt. Respect to Dj Parko, who was a very good manager, see his best ranking (49th)! And I hope there’s nothing wrong with him just finished the game.

Suzy Sucker Punch: Guys, Mr. Hell makes an excellent point, at least on the part of managers who sometimes go missing. It’s hard to say what’s going on in life these days, so perhaps we need to bear that in mind when we’re dishing out on them, you think? I know this probably won’t stop Hare, but Donkey, we’re going to have to rely upon you to be the voice of reason on this I’d say! As for the firing of fighters, well, we knew about a few of these well in advance, so I can’t say that the front office is too upset on those fronts. But hey, big words from Mr. Hell, who you have to respect for having strong opinions and not being afraid to voice them, or stick up for who he feels deserves it!

Undercard Bout #4: Heavyweight

Sith Rebel Defeats Emir Dervisevic via TKO (Strikes)

You know, I hadn’t been saying anything about it so far tonight, but I believe that if I’m not mistaken, this makes you 4-0 on the night with your picks! The result to this one wasn’t hard to figure out in advance though, was it Donkey? I mean, Dervisevic came into this fight with zero morale…again…so he pretty much set himself up for a loss before the fight even started.

No surprises here at all…Sith took this to the ground and finished it there, just as Donkey indicated would happen. With no focus and confidence to speak of coming in, Dervisevic was helpless to prevent the takedown or have any will to survive once on the ground. Rebel literally only had to land four shots before Dervisevic had had enough and was done with this fight. So here it was…one takedown…one position change…four shots...and the ref realized there was no fight in Dervisevic and called it.

I’d basically call that one of the easiest nights Rebel could ask for! He knew what he could and should do, he went out there, and he did it!

What do you have there Donkey...?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

An easy night for Rebel, he moves to 3-1 now and is set to start breaking into the Top 10 with this win and potentially another after it! He has to be thrilled, you can only fight who’s on your schedule so he took care of what was put in front of him. Next fight, he’s sure to be truly challenged and will definitely need to maintain that focus. For Dervisevic, it was clear he wasn’t intending to make the efforts necessary to move forward, so we’ve moved on without him.

Undercard Bout #5: Heavyweight

Mike Badmean Defeeats Gary Porter via TKO (Cut)

Ok Donkey, finally you get one wrong as we finish out the Undercard here! But wow, honestly, I did not see this trend continuing which is what resulted in your missed pick on this one!

For two full rounds, Porter was in control of this fight! He was getting his takedowns, getting the position he wanted and dictating the pace and action…and working that ground and pound the way he does! There is zero doubt that after two, he was winning this fight by a margin. And then Badmean flipped the script on him!

Going into the third round, Porter attempted to do more of the same, get that takedown, and take over the fight again. Badmean was having no more of that though! He denied the takedown attempts, which was very surprising considering how much energy he’d already used up in the fight, and then got it to the clinch! Oh boy…the clinch, where those razor-blades for elbows of his have historically done some serious damage…

And that’s exactly what happened here. He started to unleash the nastiest weapon he had, which are those deadly pointy-pointies! One shot…Porter is cut…another elbow…and another…and then another…and yet another…oh my…that cut just started opening up! It was raining over Porter’s eye and Badmean just kept brutalizing him with the elbows, one after the other and Porter had NO answer for it…nor could he see them coming after a while due to the blood I don’t think! Donkey…this was brutal, this was ugly, this was…I cringe to say awesome…but the crowd was gasping in horror with each demonic blow!

Finally the ref had to call in the doc, and he put an end to this thing just before the end of two minutes in the third. My god, Donkey, can you believe the way those elbows and that controlling clinch of Badmean’s just completely derailed Porter’s fight and changed the direction of this thing?!?

Any thoughts there Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Badmean improves to 3-0 and all three of those wins have been via those vicious, nasty elbows of his! Wow! This man is going to get a serious reputation, as if he doesn’t have one already, of being some sort of blood-letting devil-spawn! It’s going to be interesting to see if he can keep winning with those as these kids age or if he will grow and evolve over time. For now though, he can take abuse from anybody with that granite chin, and then, once he does get you in the clinch…well, let’s not speak of the horror again. For Porter, he had a game plan, and it was working to perfection. Until it wasn’t. He has to walk away disappointed, 3-1 rather than what was SO close to being 4-0!

Main Card Bout #1: Middleweight

Nyah Hirst Defeats Buster Scruggs via KO (Superman Punch)

Donkey, rumor has it that Hirst’s management team is sending you over a fruit basket for continuing to pick against him! LOL! Apparently, it adds extra motivation and they love seeing you put up another’s name each preview!

This thing went three minutes and young Hirst came in with his skills on-point for this fight, both offensively and defensively! Scruggs is no…scrub…to overcome. He can put lights out with the power in those hands of his and has done so several times! To have Hirst go out there and end this in under three minutes, demonstrating great striking defense to prevent Scruggs’ shots from landing, and then having his own land with devastating effect speaks volumes to his potential.

There’s not a lot more here to say. That as the tale of this story and the rest of the story will be told as we see if Scruggs can bounce back from this and return to form at his age against youth that are starting to catch up or not.

Donkey, thoughts here…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Not the war we thought might happen, at least not beyond three minutes that’s for sure. Hirst is ready to move up and make his mark on this division now that he’ll find himself in the Top 5 or so. Is he ready for that level of attention at his age?!? For Scruggs, he’s now had his offense nullified twice, first against Fuhren who is now Top Contender and now against young up and coming Hirst. He’ll be looking to see what adjustments he can make either with strategy, training or both going forward.

Suzy grabbed Slick Gunderson as he headed down to the cage to meet Psiris Fuhren, grabbing a few quick words with both him and Fuhren once down there…

Suzy Sucker Punch: Psiris, another huge, huge win for you tonight. And in a highly anticipated and hyped fight like this, it has to be truly satisfying to put any questions to rest and know that you’ve closed the book on a chapter, with bigger ones to come. Any thoughts on how things went tonight?

Psiris Fuhren: Suzy, I respect the hell out of that man. I knocked Longsun Zhao out in 10 seconds and it meant that much to him to get a rematch he was willing to pay $500,000 to make it happen. He didn’t run from the fight. He ran to it and that takes balls. But Longsun is not on my level. No one in Sucker Punch is on my level. I am my own level.

Suzy Sucker Punch: Nobody? What about reigning champion, Wanderson Machado? There are a lot of folks out there who feel that he truly is the top of the division, and now that he’s managed by the top manager in the world, perhaps possibly unbeatable?

Psiris Fuhren: Wanderson Machado, I have some bad news for you, pal. I just signed a new five-fight deal with Sucker Punch. That means I am not going anywhere anytime soon. And for the first fight of that new contract, I’m going rip that 185-pound belt off your undeserving waist. You think you’ve been in fights? No, you are not ready for this pandemic. The Age of the Virus is here and it’s coming for you. Now, somebody should really go help Longsun out. The poor guy has been unconscious for like 5 minutes.

Slick Gunderson: For once, Suzy, I am at a total loss for words. The uncrowned champion has spoken.

Suzy Sucker Punch: Hare…Donkey…I think the verbal sparring and hype build-up for the next fight has already begun! Bring on the fun!

Main Card Bout #2: Heavyweight

Haden vs. Lik (II)

ZaDarius Haden Defeats Random Lik via TKO (Strikes)

Unfortunately for Lik this fight went very similarly to the last time these two met. Only this time a bit quicker. And again, the rematch wasn’t intended to be, so that’s on me, Donkey.

Haden got the takedown again in this one, similar to last time. Also similar to last time, he dished out a cut or two…and then managed to work the ground and pound game for a finish. I wish there was more to say, but there really isn’t. Lik didn’t have a lot of fight in him, at least not that he was able to muster and show, so for the most part, this fight looked like Haden doing what he wanted at will.

Um, Donkey, I’m trying to think of more…but…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

This was a bad matchup Hare, and that’s on you man. All. You. Haden was in control, because Lik was outmatched and outgunned in this, possibly more so than last time they met. Which would make sense, being that Lik is 26 and Haden is 20, and the younger generation will make strides and overtake the older gen as-is. We won’t know what Lik really has in him until we see him in his next fight. Haden gets a somewhat easy and predictable win, but he’s going to have to make good on it against a much tougher opponent next time! And if he can, then a 6-0 record is going to get him lined up for a title shot!

Main Card Bout #3: Middleweight

Fuhren vs. Zhao (II)

Psiris Fuhren Defeats Longsun Zhao via KO (Punch)

A HUGE one here Donkey! This one had been hyped up for over a month leading into it, with these two verbally sparring with one another all month long!

It culminated in thirty-seven seconds of action Donkey. Which, btw, was twenty-seven more than last time! That’s 270% more for your money man! Er, wait, maybe for Zhao’s money…since it was his on the line?!? Hey, you know what Donkey…I did the math! And let me see…um, carry the one…subtract that…add that on…and…it looks like Zhao paid $13,513.51 per second for that butt-whooping!

Here’s what will make those numbers above especially disappointing Donkey…for what he paid, Zhao managed to throw one kick that missed, make two takedown attempts…and that was the end of the action for him for the night. Oh, wait, aside from taking five shots to the good ole melon! I guess those count as action too! That was $100k per shot to the head! Thank you sir, may I have another?!?

Ok Donkey, what do you have…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

With this win, Fuhren becomes the Top Contender and will get his title shot next month! He better remember that Machado is the champ for a reason and not expect it to go quite the same I’d think! For Zhao, he paid for some abuse…I’m not sure if that makes him a sadist? Masochist? I dunno, I get that all mixed up, but I wonder if he saw fifty shades of grey when he was out waiting for the doc to wake him back up? He’ll get a big chance to bounce back from these two losses next month, hope he’s ready! He’s certainly given Sucker Punch fans the world over some fun this past month!

Co-Main Event

Middleweight Bout

Kribbson Diaz Defeats Rob Tanner via Submission (Triangle Choke)

Our Co-Main Event saw Diaz and Tanner go at it, two of the best in the Middleweight division!

Tanner came out from the bell and got it going the way he would have liked…scoring with a few shots and striking well. Unfortunately, it was only about a minute in before Diaz took it to the clinch, which he would use to then transition to the ground.

Once on the ground, things were fully in Diaz’s home court and he was able to start driving this fight. He was able to position nicely, work Tanner into just the right spot and slap on a triangle that ended this thing quickly. Beautiful work and technique there, finishing this thing just a couple seconds before the two minute mark!

How’d you like that one Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

With yet another win, Diaz sets himself up as the next Top Contender for October, and we now know who will be challenging in the next two title fights! Normally we don’t look that far ahead or set top contenders two out, but the situation at the top demanded it to make taking the fights worthwhile this time around. At 7-0, Diaz is definitely in a great spot to represent and be worthy of the opportunity. Tanner will take the loss here, but remains a very impressive 9-4 after this. At 28, his age may start to catch up to him over time, so no doubt he’ll be working hard to improve and set himself up again to make a case for a shot before long, potentially before the end of the year!

Main Event

Heavyweight Championship Bout

Thoth Chontamenti vs. Rumble Johnson

Our Main Event of the evening folks and finally a chance to belt our first official Heavyweight Champion here at Sucker Punch Pro Series!

Thoth Chontamenti is the unofficial Heavyweight Champion at this time due to having won the Heavyweight Sorter Series tournament. Here, he finally got the shot to prove whether he deserved it or not and to potentially make it official…oh, and Donkey…spoiler…he sure did!

But first, let’s see how this thing kicked off, as our very own Juice Fluffer headed into the cage to get us going in this huge bout…

3d8a168f5f8ff8e520307ef15bdabf4c.png

Juice Fluffer enters the cage…

“Ladies and gentlemen…this is the Maaaain Event of the evening!”

“The judges for this bout are Ben Watson, Eliza Hachem and Ben Hemmingworth.”

“Our sponsor for this event is Shadow Warrior Nutrition.”

“Annnnnnnd Now! The moment Sucker Punch Pro Series fans around the world have been waiting for!”

“LIVE!, from The Bondi Outdoor Arena in Sydney, Australia…”

“Iiiiit’s TIME! FIVE rounds for the Undisputed Sucker Punch Pro Series Heavyweight Championship of the World!”

“Introducing first…to my left, fighting out of the red corner. With professional record of three wins, one loss and NO draws, he stands 204 centimeters tall, weighing in at 265 pounds and 21 years of age, representing Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalamand and fighting out of London, England…the Sucker Punch Heavyweight Cockshot Sorter Series CHAMPION, Thothhhh….CHONNNNNNTAMENTIIIIII!!!

“And now introducing…to my right, fighting out of the blue corner. With a professional record of four wins, two losses and NO draws, he stands 190 centimeters tall, weighing in at 255 pounds and 26 years of age, from New York, United States and fighting out of Las Vegas, Nevada, United States …the former number five seed overall in the Sucker Punch Heavyweight Cockshot Sorter Series, “Rummmmmmbllllle...JOHNNNNSONNNN!!!

And we were off folks!!!

And you know what was super crazy here Donkey? Our Main Event here lasted the exact same amount of time, 1:58 of the first round, as our Co-Main Event right before this! That’s kinda freaky man!

This title bout did not go the way Rumble Johnson would have preferred it. He got a shot in…and cut Chontamenti…but then it was like Chontamenti saw red…in this case, I suppose literally…and he proceeded to do his thing! And his thing…is to take you down, despite being a big man, and work the submission game!

Four submission attempts later, Chontamenti was locking in the kimura and the refs were coming in to save a tapping Johnson, with the belt officially having been earned by Chontamenti!

Juice Fluffer enters as the referee has both fighters in the middle of the cage…

“Ladies and gentlemen, after one minute and fifty-eight seconds of the first round, the referee has called a stop to this fight…”

“Declaring the winner…by way of a kimura submission…ANNNNNNDDDD NEWWWWWW…Sucker Punch Pro Series…Undisputed…Heavyweight Champion of the World… Thothhhh….CHONNNNNNTAMENTIIIIII!!!

WE HAVE A CHAMPION DONKEY! We have a champ! You have anything else…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

We knew that going into this fight that if Rumble Johnson were to lose, it would be the end of his run with manager Mikey C who has planned to move on to a younger, new direction of projects. Hopefully Rumble will get the chance to continue his quest under new management. For Thoth Chontamenti, it has to be a huge relief to make the title of “Champion” official finally. A well-earned belt and championship, I can’t wait to see if he can turn this into a run of title defenses with us! So far, so good!

So there we have it Sucker Punch fans!

A fantastic night of fights ending with two of our BIG boys getting in there and mixing it up for the title! Add to that some of the other great action leading up to it and it was a fun filled night for everybody in attendance! And, we got to be there for free Donkey! What a job, what a job! We want to thank all of our managers and fighters for the fantastic job they do, Sucker Punch Pro Series wouldn’t be the same without you guys!

See you all next time, and till then…remember…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+ style!

• Upvote 3

Mr. Takahashi: Longsun was incredibly humbled by his dual defeat via Psiris. He has proven a brilliant warrior and cunning strategist. But what Longsun lost in cash, he has gained in experience, tomorrow he reenters training with the ultimate intention of restoring his honor. To Mr. Slick Gunderson we extend an equal offer for an exhibition match at your discretion, no titles, no mother pillaging, pure warrior combat

• Upvote 2

Sorry for the delay Ronnie boy. "I've been training to knock your f***in head off. But here's you a little bedtime story.

Loved you in Remember The Titans

All that Cali yoga, but never fightin'

But at Sucker Punch Series Five

You better take a dive

Because if you step in the cage again

You won't have a title to defend.

Fighting me is career suicide

Because this time, imma bust your ass open wide.

See you in 10 days, BITCH!"

26w26.jpg Ronnie Bass

Hey, DJ (Costune), let's spin that fight back...

My fists are steel, my balls are hot.

Last time I hit you, you forgot where you at.

This time I'll show you, it wasn't a joke.

Cause again I'll be cramming my fist down your throat.

• Upvote 1

Mr. Takahashi: Longsun was incredibly humbled by his dual defeat via Psiris. He has proven a brilliant warrior and cunning strategist. But what Longsun lost in cash, he has gained in experience, tomorrow he reenters training with the ultimate intention of restoring his honor. To Mr. Slick Gunderson we extend an equal offer for an exhibition match at your discretion, no titles, no mother pillaging, pure warrior combat

So it is said. So it shall be written. The war is over.

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1597409695SPPS_Poster_4.png

Sucker Punch Preview

Sucker Punch Pro Series 4

Hello out there Sucker Punch fans! Welcome to another look forward to our weekend event and card for Sucker Punch Pro Series 4! I’m Hare Rumpler and I’m joined by my partner and analyst, Donkey “Dan”, along with Suzy Sucker Punch, our spellbinding media correspondent! We’ve got a fun one on tap in Sydney over at the Bondi Outdoor Arena, and what a mixed bag it is for this card!

We’ll see a sparring bout battle between two brand new faces, several Featherweight fights, a couple pairs will go at it as well as a couple pairs of Welterweights. Also a Middleweight fight and we’ll finish the night off with a huge Lightweight bout that will have serious implications for Top Contender in that division going forward! So yep, like we said, a mix of stuff all over the place, something for everybody folks!

There won’t be a title belt on the line for this card, something that will happen once every seven cards or so for us. But that doesn’t mean there won’t still be non-stop, intense, pulse-pounding action! So, let’s hear from our sponsor and merchandise partner, then move on to a look ahead to this evening’s insanity!

Our fantastic and respected sponsor is Shadow Warrior Nutrition! Many of you already know them as the providers of Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, THE energy loss reduction supplements! For those of you who aren’t in the know on that, you should be, because this is the way you keep your fighter training more often and not taking sessions off to try to keep his energy above 90%! If you aren’t using this supplement, hurry over and check them out today, you will not be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Sparring Match

Red Yabite (0-0-0) vs. Shank Doggard (0-0-0)

The action starts off this evening with a short one round, three minute sparring match between two of Carlos Castenada’s young hopefuls! Red Yabite and Shank Doggard will both be intent upon making the most of their three minutes in the cage tonight to show what they might be hiding under the covers and convince their manager they have what it takes to be worthy of a permanent spot in the stable!

Now, Donkey, I have to say…talk about going “open-weight” in your test fight! Yabite better hope to hell that he’s fast and slippery and can get away from Doggard, because he gives up 35 cm in height…and 130 lbs in weight!!! This is literally like watching Arnold Schwarzenegger take on Danny DeVito if they’d gone at it in Twins! Or Wesley taking on Andre the Giant in the Princess Bride? Possibly worse! I think I’ve said a bit too much already here in terms of even knowing about those things…moving along!

Anyways, the win or loss won’t matter too much outside finding out about morale after a potential loss. And making sure that Yabite isn’t a pancake or small splat on the canvas after this one is over!

Donkey, what do you have…?

Donkey’s Pick: Doesn’t matter.

The pick doesn’t matter here. What does is finding out if the guys have a good…or possibly, granite…chin, maybe some knockout power or something cool like that. But definitely avoiding the dreaded tendency to cut or distraction of wanting to moonwalk rather than practice! Hopefully Carlos gets some great results here, as these two should already be quick learners. He wouldn’t be testing them if they weren’t!

Jean Jacque Custo (0-2-0) vs. Jakob Goulding (6-4-0)

Our second pairing of the evening will see newcomer to Sucker Punch Jean Jacque Custo face off against Jakob Goulding. Custo previously fought with Florida Fight Squad until recently aging out of that very unique and fun org that is built specifically for “up to 19 year olds”.

Custo lost a couple decisions while over at FFS and hopes to kick off his career here with Sucker Punch on a better note by removing that goose egg from the left column of his record! He comes from a grappling background, so for now his primary skills lie with his wonderful wrestling and purple belt in Jiu Jitsu. My guess is that Custo will be looking at the GnP as a method of achieving victory, but a surprise submission may also not be out of the question. With limited standup skills though, he’d definitely want this on the ground…normally.

Tonight, Custo will face another ground guy in Goulding with a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu, but not much else to go with it including only abysmal wrestling. Goulding’s six wins have all come via submission and that means this fight is definitely going to the ground! Once it’s there, the question is going to be…does Goulding have the wrestling to back up his submission game against another ground guy? Or is he going to have trouble getting into position for the subs and potentially give up the advantage to Custo? Intriguing Donkey!

Donkey’s Pick: Custo via TKO (Strikes)

Tough one so early in the card there Hare! The lack of wrestling for Goulding does worry me a bit. He’s been successful in getting the submission with every win, and his losses have mostly been against standup strikers, so the logic says if he gets it to the ground, he can manage once there. But I have a sneaky feeling that if Custo knows what he wants to do when he gets it down, his wrestling may prove the difference. We’re going to find out! I’ll give both of these kids this though…for an early card fight, I’m duly impressed that both of these kids are coming in fresh for the most part, confident and ready to go! These kids will move up the ladder by doing it right.

Victor Ballsawash (1-3-0) vs. Andrejs Medvedevs (3-7-0)

Oh boy…Donkey, after you just praised the last pair for being prepared and ready to go…you’re going to be very disappointed here for this third fight of the evening!

Why? Because Medvedevs comes into this fight with no morale…AGAIN. After not having any last fight and losing that one to Dervisevic, who also came in low. On top of that, he’s at about 50% energy as well for the fight tonight. Just a total cluster-frig of unpreparedness.

On the flip-side of things, Ballsawash also comes in with low morale for this fight, at about 55%. And he came in last fight with low morale also. Seem similar? Yeah, neither one of these two really seems to have any interest in coming to a fight ready to go. So…yeah, somebody will win tonight, but does it matter?!?

You’ll notice I haven’t said a thing about the actual matchup of skills or tendencies for this fight tonight Donkey. And you probably know why…

So, over to you Donkey…you tell em why…!

Donkey’s Pick: Nope. Not doing it.

Sure, I could, operative word there, “could”, make a pick in this one for tonight. But why bother as Hare said? I know what he’s getting at. So should all of you by now. We’re too far along for this stuff to happen over and over again. So yeah, he probably fully intends to sack both from their contracts immediately following this fight, and who wins doesn’t matter one bit in that decision, because the tell-tale test wasn’t whether you could win this fight against another unprepared opponent…the test was, will you ever come prepared? The answer is already “no”, and they’ve already failed for this fight.

Brian Mcclean (1-1-0) vs. Devin Hill (0-1-0)

Donkey, I have a refreshing bit of news for you here buddy! For the most part, except for a slight thing here or there, these two Heavyweights, unlike the last two, are prepared to come out and do battle tonight!

Hill is slightly low on energy, but assuming he’s resting as we speak that should be in order just fine for this evening. Mcclean is just a tad low on morale, maybe 8-10% or so, which isn’t ideal, but it’s not the end of the world either.

It’s a great, classic matchup between these two tonight as well Donkey, so this should be a good one to see who has the skills in their domain to defeat the other! Hill is a striker with strong boxing and superb Muay Thai skills. He also has some wrestling and a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu, so he’s not completely inept in those areas. His first professional fight was against Gary Porter last month with us, which he lost. In that fight, Hill was unable to land some strikes early and get Porter off his game, which led to the takedown by Porter and the eventual GnP situation he was undoubtedly hoping to avoid from Porter.

Mcclean is a ground specialist much like Porter was last month against Hill. So hopefully Hill has worked on his takedown defense, or really bolstered his defensive grappling and skills on the ground like transitions to help fend off these ground guys. Mcclean, unlike Porter, appears to be more inclined to go for the submission finish though. When McClean faced Badmean, Badmean was able to take him into the clinch and really abuse him there. So for him, being able to prevent that same situation, or similar, as not many have Badmean’s point little elbows, is going to be key. He needs to avoid taking a nasty strike or two while standing, not get tied up in the clinch and controlled, and instead get this to the ground where he can do his best work!

So, what do you say Donkey...?

Donkey’s Pick: Mcclean via Submission (Armbar)

I do believe that Hill can win this fight tonight. But, he’s going to have to have worked on some key areas in preparation for it and maybe adjusted his strategy on the ground some for this fight to have success. Until I see that, I have to worry about his defensive abilities on the ground. This will likely get to the ground at some point, and if it does Mcclean may be able to finish it once there!

Undercard Bout #5: Welterweight

John Fuller (2-2-0) vs. Hugh Saber (2-4-0)

Alright Donkey, now we’re cooking with gas as my grandmother used to say! This makes two in a row where our fighters are prepared for their fights! Fuller and Saber give us our first look at some of the Welterweights on our roster tonight as they head to the cage to finish up the Undercards for us.

Fuller was impressive as he started out the Welterweight Sorter Series with us, winning his first two rounds’ fights. Then he ran into an extremely talented Malachi Routerhead, who some believed would eventually go on to fight for the championship in that tournament had it not been for some issues that took his manager away from us for a bit. Fuller got a shot to come back and make a case for himself as the top contender by taking on the other semi-finals loser in DJ Costune, but lost that fight due to cuts. Something I’m sure has left some lingering questions in Fuller’s head about what might have been!

Saber has less of a well-rounded build than Fuller but instead has focused his skills a bit. He’s a superb boxer who also holds a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu. This is one of those types of skillsets that may take some time to develop for a young fighter as he will want to round out some of the complimentary pieces, something I doubt is done yet being that his Muay Thai and Wrestling are both showing as “useless”. The question will be, at 26, does he have time to get that done before time…and youthful opponents, start to catch him?

Fuller likes to go to the ground and work both the ground and pound as well as the submission games. Saber likely won’t be opposed to the ground as an option being that he’s won via submission before as well, only two fights ago. I expect to see a ground battle here Donkey!

Donkey’s Pick: Fuller via TKO (Strikes)

I think the limiting factor here might be that once this goes to the ground, Saber lacks the wrestling skills to potentially battle for position with Fuller. If Fuller gets the position and control advantage, it could be a long…or, well, very short…day for Saber once it get down on the canvas.

Main Card Bout #1: Welterweight

Weston Hodkiewicz (3-2-0) vs. Rayne Dame (3-4-0)

We kick off the Main Card now with a battle between Hodkiewicz and Dame who are 3-2 and 3-4 respectively.

Hodkiewicz is going to be looking to try to pull ahead on record here and start giving people something to look at there rather than falling back to .500. He’s got solid skills in all areas, with a special focus on Jiu Jitsu with his brown belt there. Now that he’s making his Sucker Punch debut it’s time to show that he can do it here and build on his last win against Keith Jardine where he put up a triangle submission in the first minute of the fight.

For his part, Dame is very much going to want to even up his record at 4-4 and gain momentum, something he very much needs after dropping his first four fights here at Sucker Punch. This fight certainly won’t be an easy one for him, but he’s been training an equivalent amount of time compared to Hodkiewicz so from an ID and age perspective it’s an equitable fight. It will be seen if he’s perhaps fallen behind too much over time here. He’s also won via submission before, but I don’t know if he’ll be able to do that against a brown belt with better wrestling. He may need to utilize his boxing to his advantage in this!

Donkey, thoughts here…?

Donkey’s Pick: Hodkiewicz via Submission (Kimura)

As much as I hate to say it, time may have passed Dame by. It’s possible he was never much of a fast learner originally, or perhaps he’s been at a disadvantage gym wise along the way at some point. For two fairly equal fighters in terms of age and life experience training, he appears to be a bit behind the game here. Either that, or Hodkiewicz is that fast a learner. I expect that Hodkiewicz’s overall ground game, with the wrestling, might be tough to overcome in this one.

Main Card Bout #2: Middleweight

Edward Mills (2-1-0) vs. Gancho Ganevski (0-1-1)

Moving along here, we now have a pair of newcomers to Sucker Punch! Mills will be making his debut for us in this fight after previously fighting in FFS. At 17 years old, he’s a very young kid to already have three fights under his belt! Ganevski previously focused on KT with RAVEN and will now get a chance to see if he can translate those skills into a win in a full MMA environment.

Unfortunately, Ganevski may be slightly more challenged in doing that than he’d normally be, being that he’s still wearing his tighty-whities and took a loss in his last fight, which cost him some morale. Without having changed clothes he hasn’t regained the morale, so he’ll come into this fight about 30-35% low. That could affect the outcome for him. As a 19 year old striker, he’s going to have to rely upon his ability to keep this fight on the feet and score whenever possible.

Mills has abysmal wrestling and a white belt in Jiu Jitsu, so likely he’ll have no interest in taking this fight to the ground either, so Ganevski will get his wish and this could come down to a good ole fashioned slobber-knocker! Actually, the word I was looking for there is “should”, or “definitely will”.

Donkey, what are you thinking…?

Donkey’s Pick: Ganevski via TKO (Strikes)

Ganevski will have the overall advantage in striking, especially with his boxing. Mills will have the Muay Thai edge, but won’t have much wrestling to back it up. I think overall the advantage goes to the slightly older fighter here at this point, but this could easy go either way, especially when the morale issue is taken into consideration.

Main Card Bout #3: Featherweight

KJ Aldo (4-3-0) vs. Destin Craven (2-1-0)

Our next battle will have KJ Aldo, currently 4-3, facing off against Destin Craven, a fresh face at Sucker Punch who comes in with a 2-1 record.

These two kids have very similar styles it seems, at least so far in their development. KJ Aldo has attempted to use the clinch a bit in prior fights, either alone or as a mechanism to get the fight to the ground. Once there, he’s previously also attempted to go the submission route against opponents. Craven isn’t much different, also having previously used the clinch to setup the move to the ground, where he too has gone for subs previously.

Unless one of these two decides their advantage is on the feet, and if so, I believe it would be Craven who decided that due to also having reasonably decent Muay Thai skills, this one will be going to the ground. Both of these kids have a chance to extend their winning record a bit, but only one will walk away doing it, leaving the other to fall back to .500 and working to improve things further.

Donkey, I’m thinking this might be a pretty good one…?

Donkey’s Pick: Craven via Submission (Armbar)

There’s something else you failed to mention there Hare. Aldo comes into this low on morale, and likely, slightly low tonight on energy as well. His morale is around 55% and combined with about 10% low energy, I think that’s going to turn the tide against him in this battle. Craven should be able to establish his preferred position once this goes to the ground and that very much should make the difference in this one.

Co-Main Event

Featherweight Bout

Hunter Killer (5-1-0) vs. Luke Skywalker (1-3-0)

And here we go with our Co-Main Event of the evening there Donkey! I know, it doesn’t seem like it should be with a 1-3 Skywalker on one side of the cage, but it is, and honestly, this is a very, very closely matched fight despite the record differences!

Both kids come into this thing pretty much ready to go, which of course Donkey and I both love! Skywalker comes in with the edge in wrestling for this fight, while Killer holds the better Muay Thai skillset.

Skywalker surprised a ton of people in his last fight when he took out Mickey DIsmantle via submission. Up till then, he’d been on a three fight losing streak with us, but with his manager focused on helping him improve, coming in prepared and seeming to be working on bringing his game together as he grows, he’s taken the right step forward. Another step forward would be to get a win over Hunter Killer tonight! To do that, he’s likely going to want to take this to the ground again.

For Killer, he managed to outlast KJ Aldo last fight and take it the distance for a split decision. A key part of managing to secure that win was his ability to get a decent amount of work and damage in from the clinch. I see no reason why he wouldn’t attempt to utilize the clinch again tonight to score points, given that that is an area of strength for him in this fight!

Donkey, you have a call here…?

Donkey’s Pick: Skywalker via Submission (Armbar)

The win over DIsmantle was impressive and showed considerable growth for Skywalker. He was in a very precarious spot needing a win badly last time, and he came through and got it with a solid plan and obviously working to make that plan possible. For Aldo, taking it to the clinch and controlling this fight physically is probably going to be a necessity unless he wants it to end up on the ground, which could be bad for him.

Main Event

Lightweight Bout

Frank Diaz (7-1-0) vs. Cole Hotman (1-0-0)

Our Main Event Donkey! Now, our Lightweight division does not yet have a Top Contender worked out. But this fight right here may very well help determine that. Frank Diaz is an extremely talented fighter, but he’s also new to us here at Sucker Punch, despite his extensive record. That being the case, we needed somebody who was able to step in and give him a run for his money to see if he’s ready to take a crack at the title or not next before we sort out a couple folks behind him.

That’s where Cole Hotman comes in. We specifically approached Steven Armstrong, Hotman’s manager, to see if he’d be interested in coming on for a one fight deal with a nice base pay, and an even nicer win bonus tied to it! That should give him even more incentive than ever to truly test Diaz right to the edge of his ability! Hotman is a 12 year old out of Miami, Florida who currently fights out of Las Vegas, Nevada. He’s a Muay Thai artist with competent boxing and wrestling to compliment it, and a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu. In his sole fight, and victory, to date, he didn’t bother with the clinch at all despite his Muay Thai skills, and instead stood toe to toe getting the better of Muamer Tomovic in a QFC fight.

Diaz has respectable boxing and so-so Muay Thai skills, but his real talent lies in his ground game with sensational wrestling and a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu! He’s finished five of his seven wins via a variety of submissions ranging from kneebars to triangles to chokes. This is a man who can move around on the ground and catch you when you least expect it, putting you to sleep or making you tap out lest things bend in directions they really should NOT go!

Donkey, a really great fight here on tap for the Main Event eh…?

Donkey’s Pick: Diaz via Submission (Kimura)

It is, and it’s your classic standup versus ground scenario! And both of these kids are VERY, very talented. This could easily go either way, and I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if Hotman walks away with a very, very nice bonus thanks to your wallet there Hare! Haha. But, the goal is for Diaz to prove himself against a worthy and skilled competitor, and this fight will definitely allow him the opportunity to do that if he can find a way to get it to the ground and win. A big *if*, but that’s the challenge at hand!

A fun card with a really varied mix of fights that should have something for just about every fan! I expect to have the types of wins and such all over the place in this one tonight guys! If you don’t already have your tickets for the Bondi Outdoor Arena, I’m sure there are a few remaining, get them now and get down there to enjoy the action! I’ll be there, so will Donkey, and we’ll see you tonight.

Till then…remember…

• Upvote 3

Sucker Punch Pro Series Divisional Rankings

Most of our Heavyweights have fought since our last rankings update and we'll now be setting up fights for them again on cards over the next month! Based upon where we're at today I'm providing the following update!

I fully expect two things...that there will be a lot of grumbling and arguing over these rankings, who made them, who didn't and who is where. That's fine! Bring on the dirt and let's mix it up! Just don't be upset if I flick you in the family jewels when you're too busy bitching to stay on guard! LOL! The second thing I fully expect, is that these are going to change...a lot, for the next month or two as the new folks work their way into things and the ladder continues to get shaken up and our fighters get more fights under their belts.

I'm posting them here, but the current rankings for each division as they are established will always be available here: http://www.mmatycoon...=65096&p=910173

SP-Rankings-265-20200822.png

Heavyweights unranked outside the Top 10 at this time, but on the bubble: Tnt Winner / Callum Neenan / Victor Ballsawash / Brian Mcclean / Bomb Squad Lighting Hands

Also unranked outside the Top 10 at this time: Andre Powell / Devin Hill / Sith Rebel / Kid Old Young / Bubba Henderson / Random Lik / Rumble Johnson

• Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1597409695SPPS_Poster_4.png

POST EVENT CHEAP SHOTS

Sucker Punch Pro Series 4

Welcome back Sucker Punch fans! Well, another one is in the books, as we had a fun one the other night at the Bondi Outdoor Arena in Sydney for Sucker Punch Pro Series 4! I’m Hare Rumpler and I’m joined by my partner and analyst, Donkey “Dan”, along with Suzy Sucker Punch, our media correspondent. Suzy will likely have a light duty shift this time around as I don’t believe there have been many back and forths for this one!

We had a mixed bag here Donkey, with action all across the divisions on this card. Some Featherweights, a big Lightweight battle for the Main Event, a solid Middleweight bout, Welterweights, Heavyweights, you name it! So if you prefer one weight class over another but want your variety, this was the card and event for you to be at!

We had an unbelievable number of fights go to decisions the other night! Five of them to be exact. Donkey, I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure that’s a record man! And that also tells me that things are getting tighter and tighter, these fights tougher for these guys as they move on from being able to finish them quickly to having to really rely up on a full skillset to go the distance and score with the judges! Heck, our last four fights of the night all went that way, that’s incredible!

So let’s hear from our merchandise partner and sponsor so we can get to the good stuff!

Thanks to our sponsor, Shadow Warrior Nutrition, we’ve brought in an extra 10k or so per show that really does help to offset the losses that our events incur at the moment. Thanks to that, we’re able to do the KO of the Night, Sub of the Night and Fight of the Night for each event! So if you haven’t grabbed yourself and your fighters some Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, their fantastic energy loss reduction supplements, now would be a great time to do that and show them the love for being there for us! And bonus, you get yourself some fantastic sups to help your fighters out, you won’t be disappointed, check them out today!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Sparring Match

Shank Doggard Defeats Red Yabite via KO (Punch)

Dammmmn Donkey! Carlos Castenada does NOT screw around, nor does he coddle his fighters…that much is perfectly clear after this little “sparring” bout! Many times, when managers come in with one of these one round, three minute test fights to see what their boys have under the hood they tell them to go out there, be active, but try not to hurt or get hurt.

Not Carlos! No, no, no sir! He sent one of his biggest boys out there against one of his smallest…and told them each they were on their own! Oh…and yeah, he didn’t tell his big boy to hold back either! LOL! Instead what was scheduled for three minutes lasted just over two…with the big dawg, Doggard, turning the lights off for poor little Yabite as he was left laying out cold on the canvas! Ooooh, dang.

Well, I guess when you come in and show “inexperienced” as your special trait, you immediately become dead to Carlos and he tells his other boy to just murder you! LOL!

A little tough love there Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Well, there are certainly easier stables to try out for and become a part of than this one of Carlos’ that’s for certain! You’re either a warrior, or you’re not in this man’s book. So Doggard, as you said, the “big dawg” in this fight, showed a solid chin. Depending upon his learning speed, and whether or not he has some good confidence, something we don’t know yet…he may or may not last with Carlos’ crew. For Yabite, he’s likely gone with that inexperienced showing. He also dropped about 22% morale, which isn’t horrendous but also isn’t mind-blowingly great. Word on the street has it that Yabite was already outside the Arena after this fight holding a sign saying, “Will work for food, recently unemployed!” I think that shiner of his may scare away some folks when they see him!

Jean Jacque Custo (0-2-0) vs. Jakob Goulding (6-4-0)

Our first of five decisions on the evening Donkey! I guess you were right when you said this was a tough one to call so early on the card, eh?

There was a takedown to start each of the three rounds of this fight, all successfully initiated by Custo. From there though, the action was slim pickin’s as they say for the majority of this fifteen minute fight. There was a constant battle for position throughout, with Goulding attempting repeatedly to improve his situation on the ground but not really able to utilize effective wrestling and transitions to do it. That was one thing we had noted in the preview of concern, was the lack of wrestling to go with his brown belt. I’m sure that may come with time there Donkey!

Goulding did attempt three submissions, two immediately after the takedown in the first and then another right after the takedown in the second. Without being able to position himself better though, he was really hamstrung with options on the ground and decent, reasonable opportunities for subs.

For his part, Custo was able to use his wrestling to get around and be where he wanted to be on the ground in this fight. He was also able to successfully land all seven strikes he threw while down there. With Goulding unable to muster much, that was enough for the judges to give him the win, but he’ll probably have to be more active to pull that off in the future I’d think.

A good one Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Well, it had the makings of a good one, for sure Hare. But the fans definitely let these two kids know that they weren’t appreciating the lack of action. Think about it Hare, three rounds, fifteen minutes total…and there were seven strikes thrown. Other than that, a lot of rolling around, trying to see if they could get a better position, but not a lot of action to keep fans engaged. For Custo, a win is a win, so he won’t care about the response to it being that he’s got one in the left hand column there now! Goulding moves to 6-5 now and may have gotten a little bit exposed on the one dimensional aspect of his ground game without the other supporting elements, something his and his manager Dillo will be sure to start addressing no doubt!

Victor Ballsawash Defeats Andrejs Medvedevs via KO (Strikes)

Ok Donkey, I have an admission to make here. After the preview…and then definitely after the fight…cooler heads prevailed on this. What I mean by that is that I had said these two were both going to be cut from contracts regardless of outcome because they have both come in unprepared morale wise repeatedly. Well…

I was reached out to by a couple guys in the org. And impressively Donkey, not by those who manage these guys! And I have to tell you man, I love that about our org and the managers we have here at Sucker Punch! I love that more than once, guys have been willing to stick their necks out, go to bat and speak up when they feel they should. And you know what? I have NO ill will towards somebody who will do that, especially if it’s done in a way that’s constructive with solid feedback! Anyways…so yeah…

A couple guys came to me, one made the solid point that you really can’t dump on a guy with two wins in a row. Well, ya can if they’ve been against cookies right? No, as they said, two wins is two wins, you fight who you’re up against. The other made an even better point, in my mind, which was that it’s silly to dump a guy with a couple wins in a row without giving somebody else a chance to beat him and grab some of that hype back. As long as it’s done with a good, solid, fair fight, that does make sense. I’m not up for sacrificing anybody, regardless.

So yeah, Ballsawash came out and did what he should have done, which is take out a totally unprepared Medvedevs (who I did cut btw!). And he did it in a fun way too, at least from the fans’ perspectives! Balls came out, dropped Medvedevs with a beauty of a left/right combo…then pounced on him and went immediately for a sub. Not getting that, he went to the good ole ground and pound! A minute or so later, the ref was jumping in to save Medvedevs, who in this entire sequence offered up one missed combo early in the fight, and then did absolutely nothing other than cover up on the ground. No position improvements, no sub attempt, no strikes back, just basically laid there and took it!

So, over to you Donkey…you tell em why…!

Donkey’s Takeaways:

I agree that I was on board with your decisions prior to the preview Hare, so I’m just as guilty if not worse, because I was basically encouraging you and enabling it. But, bless our managers, they do make excellent points and hell, good on them for being willing to come and say something. And, to that point, I’m happy that here at Sucker Punch clearly we must be doing something right that they feel they CAN come and say something! That does make you feel good, to know that the managers are willing to come and talk to you.

Suzy Sucker Punch: Guys, I have some additional information about all of this. I was in the front office yesterday working on some background pieces when I heard a call come in from Victor Ballsawash’s manager, Miles Graves. Hare was available at the time, so he took the call and had it on speaker in his office, so bonus, I got to be a fly on the wall! Essentially, Mr. Graves was looking into what it would take to get Victor where he needs to be in terms of morale. He was asking for background information on how you improve that, and what steps needed to be taken! So kudos, the call for help was made and in this case, it seems like it might just be a partial issue of knowledge transfer being needed! I’ve been told since then by the front office that an informational memo going into more detail on morale and energy will come out to supplement the information available in our forum.

Brian Mcclean Defeats Devin Hill via Submission (RNC)

Hill managed to get a shot in early for this match as a hook managed to sneak through Mcclean’s defenses. Unfortunately for Hill, that was the only shot that was going to get through for the rest of this fight.

Mcclean was mostly in control of things. On the feet he was able to avoid the couple more shots that Hill fired off and then was able to get the takedown that Hill desperately needed to avoid. Once on the ground Mcclean was able to transition from one position to the other without too much difficult, even achieving mount momentarily before Hill was able to make a nice move to buck Mcclean and get free. The freedom was short lived though, as Mcclean was able to easily take it back to the ground, distract with a good shot and prep for the submission move.

Into the second minute of action Hill again tried for the buck to get free, but only made matters worse by giving up his back! Less than a minute later Mcclean was locking in the rear naked and Hill was forced to tap out before being put to sleep!

Donkey, thoughts here bud...?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

If Hill did work on some of his basic skills to help escape dangers on the ground, it wasn’t enough. Mcclean was able to move around at will down there and getting there wasn’t that difficult either. Hill managed to escape once, which was really good to see, but he was very much unable to stop Mcclean from improving position and setting up for the submission. Next month, Hill is slated to face off against Bomb Squad Lighting Hands, who has the same level skillset he does on the ground and should give a very fair test of his striking skills standing combined with ground skills for defense. For Mcclean, a positive win that gets him on the right track with a 2-1 record. Next month, Andrew Powell has better wrestling than Hill, so it will be a good test to see if he can still come through with his ground game against an improved set or wrestling and still dangerous hands on the feet!

John Fuller Defeats Hugh Saber via KO (Strikes)

With both of these fighters coming to this fight prepared we were excited for what could be a good, well fought contest there Donkey! Well, this fight didn’t last forever, at just shy of three and a half minutes, but it had its back and forths, almost literally!

Fuller instigated the takedown right away after avoiding a shot from Saber. Once down on the ground, both men went at it in a battle for position. Saber got a sweep early and worked himself to the top, a much better position for him, but after a bit more jostling Fuller was able to return the favor and pulled off a sweep of his own.

Saber started trying to put on some pressure, going for a few submissions from the bottom to give Fuller something else to think about and not become too comfortable with his striking from the top. Once Fuller had Saber distracted with his striking he attempted his own submission, but Saber showed some really nice defense and fended that one off.

Soon after, Fuller managed to land a string of shots with punches and elbows flying that cut Saber, and that seemed to be what finally got Saber out of sorts. Fuller was starting to posture up and was landing shots more consistently and you got the distinct feel that Saber was starting to get into trouble. With Saber finally rocked and cracks in his composure showing Fuller suddenly came down hard with a hammerfist from hell! You can debate if Saber ever saw it coming, but what you can’t debate is that this thing was ALL OVER after that shot, with Saber off in dreamland!

Donkey’s Takeaways:

A bit of a fun one there with the back and forth, the fans really seemed to appreciate it, at least relatively speaking. I know you probably enjoyed that one a lot there Hare. This is a very tough loss for Saber as he moves to 2-5 and he’s not getting any younger. The time he has on hand to fill in some of the holes in his game is becoming limited and based upon where he’s at now, it’s justifiable to question if he can learn fast enough to close the gaps. Fuller moves to 3-2 after dropping the prior two fights to some very, very tough competition. He’s only 19 years old, so it’s not unthinkable to expect he’s going to improve further, build back up over the next few fights…and perhaps make a return run at being a top contender?

Weston Hodkiewicz Defeats Rayne Dame via Submission (Kimura)

You really nailed this one Donkey, right on the head with the call for the submission via Kimura! Nice one. Both of these kids have granite chins, so if Dame was going to pull off a finish with the hands, he was going to need to do it via a flurry of strikes most likely with the ref jumping in for a stoppage. Otherwise, getting this thing via a KO finish was going to be difficult.

Off the bat, Dame came out striking well. He countered on one shot that saw a nice one slip through for him and landed another after that. Hodkiewicz was the more aggressive fighter though and was also able to get several through, so unfortunately even with landing a couple Dame was on the wrong end overall I’d think in the eyes of the judges.

It wouldn’t matter in the long run though, as Hod took an opportunity to put this thing on the ground successfully. A bad position for Dame, given Hodkiewicz’s brown belt in Jiu Jitsu! Dame wasn’t without his own tools there with a purple belt, but with so little wrestling to back that belt Hodkiewicz was able to transition well and put himself in position to start going for some submissions. He missed on the first attempt at an arm triangle, but when the opportunity for the kimura was there, he didn’t waste it!

Donkey, Hodkiewicz’s talk with the announcer afterward cracked me up when he indicated that with Herb Dean in there a win was necessary as there’s always a chance Dean will let you die if you get in trouble! HAHA, that guy really does let things go on way too long sometimes eh?

Donkey, whatcha got man…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Well, I was afraid that despite equitable time training and age, that Hodkiewicz may be too much for Dame to handle here. It seems that turned out to be true, and now Dame has fallen onto a five fight losing streak, having failed to take a single one so far here at Sucker Punch. Undoubtedly, a call between Hare and Rayne Dame, who manages himself, will be in order in the next day or two to discuss alternative employment options and skillsets. For Hodkiewicz, he came in and got a good solid win showcasing excellent fundamentals and use of the weapons in his toolbox. At 4-2, he’ll need to be tested and I can’t wait to see who he gets paired up with next month!

Main Card Bout #2: Middleweight

Gancho Ganevski Defeats Edward Mills via Unanimous Decision

Ok, we go into a series of four fights here at the top of the card that all ended up going the distance, which is quite frankly shocking Donkey! Unfortunately, they were all received with somewhat reserved energy and enthusiasm by the crowd, not exactly electrifying the place and perhaps turning the evening into a little bit of an anti-climatic affair.

The first of those four contests was this one between Mills and Ganevski. These two kids were both newcomers at Sucker Punch. Despite the lack of morale going in, Donkey still chose Ganevski to win this one.

The first round was a clinch-fest, with these two both taking it in and out repeatedly. Ganevski did attempt a takedown at one point, but it seemed more token than anything. These two stayed active in the clinch when there, firing off shot after shot, some landing, some not, but aggression was evident by both!

The second was more of the same, a lot of clinching and attempts to inflict damage and abuse from there. While the first round went to Ganevski, Mills did a nice job of establishing himself better in this round and managed to take it with the judges.

Third round, move clinching, but this time with Ganevski pulling guard and getting this thing to the ground, where he was trying to maneuver and position for possible submissions. Mills was doing an excellent job defensively controlling Ganevski though and preventing those subs from coming. He was also tossing those strikes out there, keeping Ganevski from getting too comfortable. Mills had enough, stood up, and this thing quickly went back to the clinch again, but with Ganevski taking the opportunity to send it right back down. This time he managed to get three sub attempts in, with Mills fending them all off valiantly!

The judges gave that last round to Ganevski, just barely giving him the nod for the win in this one there Donkey!

Donkey, anything…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

A well fought contest with these two showing remarkably similar capabilities in the clinch and then also showing they could counter and parry on the ground. The fans didn’t rate it very highly, but I thought this was an excellent fight between these two. Also, you could also debate the outcome…I can see where the judges went with this one, and clearly they were in agreement as they dished out the points consistently, but this was very close and could have swung the other way. Ganevski gets a much needed win, the first of his career and evens out his record with ones across the board. Mills will move to .500 after this loss and look to rebound next month!

Destin Craven Defeats KJ Aldo via Unanimous Decision

Another one that went the distance Donkey! Our third of the night and second in a row like this! Well, if the fans were paying by the minute of action, they were getting their money’s worth on this card!

We said going in that these two young fighters had very similar styles. So close I guess that they managed to go for a full three rounds without somebody finishing! The first round stayed on the feet and saw these two box for a bit. Craven was getting the better of it for the most part and then right in the last minute they went to the clinch, instigated by Aldo, but then Craven used it to pull guard and throw a submission attempt up there just as the round was ending. He didn’t get it, but he certainly gave Aldo something to think about!

Round 2 saw the fight move to the clinch a lot sooner, with Craven forcing it to the canvas about a minute later. This time, Aldo wasn’t going to allow Craven to put on all the pressure and started working on sub attempts of his own from the bottom. He wasn’t landing, but certainly was giving Craven something to think about while he was trying to work the ground and pound from the top! Maybe that’s why Craven switched it up and started mixing in some of his own submission attempts towards the end of the round? Craven scored in this one with the judges as well, probably due to the strikes from the top. It’s no surprise that the sub attempts weren’t hitting, both of these guys have blue belts and either strong or proficient wrestling, so their defenses are probably solid, with not quite enough skill in the submission areas to pull it off against each other at this stage. Again, nicely matched!

Donkey, the third round saw a demonstration of more of the same…some boxing, some clinching with it leading to a ground game display. Some subs back and forth, but no ability to finish it out, although again, Craven getting the points advantage with the judges, and ultimately being awarded the victory!

Pretty good one Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Yep, a fairly solid fight again, despite the fans not thinking so and being luke-warm on it in the ratings. I’m a bit surprised that Craven couldn’t finish this one though being that Aldo came in a bit low on morale and somewhat with energy. That should have been the advantage he needed to get more than the decision. But…he did get the win and that’s what counts! Could Aldo have won this if he was prepared? Maybe! He’s lost three fights in a row now though, so…the pressure is on to win…and soon!

Co-Main Event

Featherweight Bout

Luke Skywalker Defeats Hunter Killer via Unanimous Decision

Out Co-Main Event saw yet ANOTHER fight go the distance tonight Donkey! Wow, nobody was giving up in these fights that’s for sure! With both of them fired up, energized and ready to go when this fight started, it’s no surprise they had what it took to push each other all the way. Oh, and they both have granite chins, so that certainly doesn’t hurt!

It seems like Skywalker may have enjoyed the way things went in his last fight and came into this one looking to try to reproduce. He took it to the ground early and from there started utilizing a solid mix of GnP with submissions thrown in for a balanced attack, but then fell into a routine of mostly looking for submissions! Credit where credit is due, Killer did a solid job of fending things off, but was on the defensive most of the round as it stayed on the ground.

The second and third rounds were much of the same. While Killer did manage to stand it back up in the second, he still couldn’t stop it from ending up on the ground…and while he didn’t give up a submission, he was pressured most of the time and eventually the judges pointed to Skywalker as the winner.

Donkey, how about it man…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

I said in the preview that taking this to the clinch and controlling it physically was going to be a necessity for Aldo and it pretty much was. And he did try that. He just couldn’t control the physical aspect enough to avoid having it dragged to the ground each time. Once there though, we thought he’d be in a ton of trouble. And he was pressured the entire time, but, did a stellar job of not getting caught and taken out by the submission attempts, which were aplenty! That said though, it put him in a bad position and unable to accomplish much which is why it was lost by decision for him. Skywalker tried to capitalize on his success in the prior fight and reproduce, but Aldo turned out to be more feisty than he, or we, expected. He still gets the win though, so the overall approach worked!

Main Event

Lightweight Bout

Frank Diaz Defeats Cole Hotman via Unanimous Decision

And…our Main Event sees yet another one go the distance! Oh wow!

Hotman was brought in on a one fight deal specifically to give Diaz a challenge and see if he was ready for a top contender spot. Wow, did he challenge him!

This fight was pretty much cookie-cutter from round to round, Donkey. Diaz would get the takedown, then he’d work a healthy dose of ground and pound…very successfully I might add…with a sub attempt sprinkled in here and there for flavor!

Now, Hotman took the abuse like a friggin’ trooper…man, this guy is like a Timex (yep, I’m showing my age there Donkey!), he can take a lickin’ and keep on tickin’ baby! And he did just that. Diaz tried for 59 shots on the ground, and actually landed 45 of them! Yet…Hotman NEVER gave in or caved! That either says something about Hotman’s chin and heart, or perhaps could say something about Diaz’s power or lack thereof? Most of his wins have come via submission, and not many with the hands, so it could be that he simply goes for accuracy to try to loosen things up and get the sub opportunities.

Much like our last fight, Hotman was reduced to playing defense and couldn’t really do enough to give the judges a reason to look his way when scoring the fight.

Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

This Main Event went exactly as you just said Hare. Diaz will get his shot, we’ll see if he has enough to win the title! Good news from all of this? Hotman decided to come on board permanently and we couldn’t be more excited to get another quality fighter in the division! That’s a win for all of us Hare!

A fun mixed bag card the other night with a ton of action! Can you believe all of the fights that went the distance for decisions? The fans were lukewarm on that, but overall it was an exciting evening and I can’t wait for our next one here at Sucker Punch! It’ll be a week until, so enjoy the rest in between all!

Till then…remember…

• Upvote 4

Morale & Energy Considerations

So I mentioned in our last Event Review that I'd throw something out here to help out with the morale and energy questions. We had posted something on this before here ( http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65096&p=910827 ).

Morale can drop or be lost in a number of ways. The fastest is to lose fights. But also, training in a dirty gym can drop morale, as can a number of other issues. Morale is raised by changing clothing on the fighter. If your fighter is still wearing his original default white clothing that he was born with, he will not improve his morale by continuing to wear it, as the quality of that clothing by default stays at "100" (out of 150), which is NOT 100%, forever. Custom clothing that you may have placed on your fighter, if it is old and has dropped in quality also will not help morale, and can hurt it instead. All of this is managed on the "Possessions" tab from the menu on the right.
When you change your clothing, new custom clothing will have a quality of "150". Anything over a certain quality, and I forget exactly what the level is, but I tend to treat it as 140, will raise morale. As mentioned, when a fighter's clothing becomes too old and dirty, or the gym he is training in is not kept clean, he will start to drop morale due to that. And losing fights will also hurt morale. If your fighter's morale has dropped significantly, you will definitely want to work on getting that morale back up before he fights again and also so that his training when sparring and such will get the best gains. You do that by closely managing his clothing for a few days or weeks, depending upon how low his morale is and what it takes to get it back up. If you're trying to raise the morale, change the clothing every couple days before it drops below "140" in quality and his morale should start to improve.
Check these two threads out here from the newbie help section, paying special attention to the posts by Bwang:
If a fighter goes into a fight with low morale, he is much more likely to lose the fight. That, and energy. You want energy close to 100% when fighting, and morale as close to that as possible. Low morale will cause your fighter to lack confidence and focus. Energy will obviously affect his ability to perform in the fight, potentially get gassed out and generally put him at a disadvantage. Also, training with energy below 90% will diminish the returns you get from the training. So, monitor both your fighter's morale and energy, not just before a fight, but when he is training as well.
Hope this helps! Yell at me if you have any questions!
  • Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1597411893SPPS_Poster_5.png

Sucker Punch Preview

Sucker Punch Pro Series 5

Well hello out there again to all our Sucker Punch fans worldwide! Excited to be here as we head into Sucker Punch Pro Series 5 this week over at the Bondi Outdoor Arena in Sydney, one of my favorite venues! I’m Hare Rumpler and I’m joined by my partner and analyst, Donkey “Dan”. We also have Suzy Sucker Punch with us, our talented and determined media correspondent who will be bringing all the commentary from our managers and fighters your way throughout the preview!

Coming up this weekend we’ve got a great one in store for all our fans with card that is packed full of Welterweights and Featherweights, and even a Lightweight battle thrown in there for good measure! The big highlight of the night will be the Main Event which will be a title fight for the Sucker Punch Pro Series Welterweight Championship of the World! Ronnie Bass, who won our Welterweight Sorter Series and currently stands as the “Unofficial” champion of the division will finally get a chance to put the “Official” in front of that title…that is, if he can fend off the challenge from a talented and hungry DJ Costune!

And while the highlight of this card may be the title fight, the depth of the challenges and great matchups on this one extend into the Co-Main Event and well beyond! Honestly Donkey, when I look at this card, most of the fights on it, including the Undercard fights, could easily be on a Main Card just about any event! There’s a reason this one is expected to EASILY be our first sellout at the Bondi Outdoor Arena with no free tickets given! Donkey, I’ve been hearing that these tickets have even started selling for a profit on BubStub and other ticket reselling services…ha, maybe we should have upped the prices? Nah, I want our fans to have access to these fights and shows, and there’s no better way to reward them than to make sure the real fans get first shot at the tickets before resellers jump in! But, yes, this is one hot ticket folks!

Let’s hear from our sponsor and merchandise partner, then move on and take a closer look at this great night of action!

Shadow Warrior Nutrition isn’t just out merchandise and sponsor for these events, but they’re also our trusted source for training supplements for our fighters! These guys do so much for us, between the extra bit of income that we get at the events that helps with the Of the Night awards to just being there with their Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, the fantastic energy loss reduction supplement that keeps our guys training and helps to keep them from dropping down on energy! Now would be a great time to get yourself some fantastic sups to help your fighters out, you won’t be disappointed, check them out today!

Now, let's get to it!

Mickey DIsmantle (2-2-0) vs. Ecce Homo (0-1-0)

Donkey, we jump right into the action tonight with a fantastic matchup! Dismantle and Homo may come into this fight without “winning” records, but both of these kids are incredibly talented and bring a ton to the cage for this fight! And…bonus Donkey…both are super prepared and ready to go, gas tanks full, morale on high…dang man, when do we ever get to say that with not just early fights, but the first fight on a card?!? If this is any indication SPPS 5 is going to be an event you don’t want to miss!

Dismantle is a heck of a fighter with some serious skills on the feet. He’s done very well against other strikers so far in his career going two for two against them. Where he’s fallen short and potentially needs to shore up a few key pieces of his game is on the ground, specifically with his grappling techniques. As a 20 year old, this kid still has a ton of fight and time in him, with a full career ahead. But, no doubt he wants to make a statement against a tough opponent and get his record into the positive side of things.

Ecce Homo will provide an amazing challenge for Dismantle while Dismantle continues to work out those kinks in his ground game. Homo pretty much mirrors Dismantle’s skillset and this fight is likely to come down to intangibles and management strategy! And when I say mirror, I mean it! These two both have competent boxing and exception Muay Thai, with only slight differences where Dismantle has the edge in wrestling and Homo has the edge in BJJ with his blue belt over Dismantle’s white one. If Ecce can win this, he ties things up at 1-1 and kicks off the true portion of his fighting career after his prior QFC fight. Now, Homo is technically here with us on a one fight deal, as he came in specifically to challenge Dismantle. But I won’t lie Donkey, as a recruiter I do harbor some hope that maybe we can lure him onboard permanently, which would be an amazing coup for us!

You don’t get a more balanced fight! Who wants it baby?!? Go get it!

Donkey’s Pick: DIsmantle via TKO (Strikes)

Hare, you couldn’t be more right, and I have to tell you, the way you got things going there actually has me all excited for this card already! Ok, a bit of a pat on our own collective backs there, but seriously, it’s hard not to be up for this one! Yeah, I don’t have too much here in terms of additional analysis…I’m pretty sure this one stays on the feet and these two go to war, potentially feeling it out early, but maybe not, maybe just taking it to one another in a fight that is sure to have the fans rocking the Bondi early! DIsmantle is the more experienced fighter when it comes to time in the cage professionally, so I’m going to go with that as the “edge” factor and lean in his direction in a fight that could go either way!

Suzy Sucker Punch: Boys, I have some additional information here, as I’ve been speaking with several of the managers heading into this card, Andrew Wittig included. Mr. Wittig was telling me that for Dismantle, this one is a true test and barometer for their camp on whether he has “it” and is worth investing considerable time into going forward. From what we’ve seen, we think he does. But I know they’re looking very closely at this fight and they want to see him walk away with a win against a considerably tough, tight challenge! While Hare and Donkey may not see this as a career deciding, make or break fight, apparently Wittig’s fight camp is partially looking at it that way!

Max Holliday (0-1-0) vs. Sorsa Lokki (3-5-0)

Our next fight of the evening will feature two young warriors who both very much want to walk away with a win, with both currently holding something other than a winning record. Undoubtedly that’s something that both Sorsa Lokki and Max Holliday want to change and the process of doing that starts with this fight!

Holliday comes into this fight with the eye of the tiger and a full head of steam! He’s prepared, focused and from what Suzy has told us, his camp seems to be confident in their chances to walk away with the win. He’s a Muay Thai artist who will have the edge there in this fight. This is his second professional fight after taking a tough loss in his first which was with us here at Sucker Punch last month against Hiki Antsa. Hiki got the better of him with a brutal ground game and really brought a diverse attack of submission attempts and strikes to the table once there. That’s something he’s unlikely to have to worry about in this match as Lokki has never shown an inclination to go to the ground.

That said, Lokki does like to stand up and bang as much as Max Holliday is probably looking forward to the same, so this may be the second bout of the evening where two fighters stand there looking each other in the eye with bad intentions and fists ready to fly without too much of that rolling around on the ground stuff! Lokki will have a slight edge in boxing but this should be a very close fight all around and potentially come down to who wants it more! Lokki comes off two decision victories, so he’s shown he can go the distance if need be. He’s also shown he can be susceptible to big shots from elite strikers like Mickey Dismantle and Kurt Cobain as well. So, is Max Holliday a big striker or can Lokki take him the distance and win this on points? Max has shown himself to have heavy hands, but has not yet shown them off in the cage…Lokki may want to watch for that!

Donkey’s Pick: Holliday via TKO (Strikes)

One thing that worries me slightly about this fight is the energy situation going on with Lokki at the moment. Will he come into this fight for the weekend low? Perhaps not, he may rest up and be ready to go for the fight. But, as of right now, he’s running along at about 60% energy…which means that’s the way he’s training. That’s not a good thing as being below 90% when training means you are not getting the best quality training and returns on each session. That, over time, can pile up. For that reason, I’m giving the edge here to Holliday who is clearly getting more out of his camp at this time than Lokki is.

Undercard Bout #3: Welterweight

Pietro Marchionni (3-2-0) vs. John Diaz (3-5-0)

Our next fight with Marchionni and John Diaz will switch gears for us a bit and test things out on the ground, Donkey! Both of these guys have a history of preferring the ground game, with Diaz chalking up his three wins to date via submission, while Marchionni has shown an ability to work the combination of both ground and pound and submission attempts as needed.

Now, for Marchionni in this one, I will say that I also would not be surprised to see him potentially keep this on the feet. He has a blue belt in BJJ and superb wrestling to compliment it, which may very well be enough to meet or exceed Diaz’s skills on the ground with his own purple belt in Jiu Jitsu. However, Marchionni can clearly strike, as he’s had TKO’s from the ground in the past and could use his combination of some boxing and some Muay Thai to stand if he is at all worried about that purple belt. I think it’s probably unlikely though.

Diaz has superb boxing but has shown no tendency in his career so far to want to use that to stand and go at it with an opponent. My suspicion is that it’s mostly defensive to give him time to work to the ground and go for those submissions. This will be John Diaz’s debut with us here at Sucker Punch, as he previously fought at RRFC. He comes off a decision loss to Gabriel Cote over there, with a submission victory preceeding it from early July.

Over to you Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Marchionni via TKO (Strikes)

I think Marchionni is going to have a definitive advantage in this fight. Not so much specifically due to skills per se, but due to preparation mostly. Diaz is coming into this fight low on morale. Right now he’s at maybe 55%, but given that he’s still wearing his tighty-whities, that’s unlikely to improve before the fight. Given that he has five losses in his career, and has yet to ever put on new clothing to try to improve morale, which would drop every time he loses and only improve a bit with a win…it’s clear that his management team has never addressed this area of concern. And probably a big contributor to those five losses! Perhaps they’ll start working on that this next month here now that they’re aware of the issue and how to remedy it? I hope so, Hare doesn’t have a lot of patience for that if no attempt is made to correct the situation.

Undercard Bout #4: Featherweight

Akara Kongsangchai (1-1-0) vs. Dino Ebedi (1-0-0)

Alright Donkey, get ready to get up and get excited again baby! Two fighters coming into this with Kong and Ebedi ready to rumble! Both with full gas tanks, focus in the eyes and hearts on fire! It’s like a song or something there Donkey! Er, or something like that.

Kong will have a slight edge in all aspects of standup in this fight and especially seems to prefer the clinch. However, his last fight ended via a submission loss, and the way that fight got to the ground was from a takedown while in clinch. Tonight, he’ll face off against Ebedi who, while not having ridiculously better BJJ skills than Kong, does have the purple over blue belt skill difference. Will Kong still go with the clinch, a strength of his, or will he try to keep his distance and pick apart Ebedi when he can, potentially putting on the damage with some well placed strikes?

Ebedi and Kong both come into this fight as their second with Sucker Punch. For Ebedi, he started his professional career with us in his last fight, which he won via submission over Alex Kozlovski, a big win quite frankly to kick off his career! In that fight, Kozlovski took it to the clinch and Ebedi did exactly what happened last time to Kong, which was take it to the ground from there against Kozlovski. So if that scenario is something in the back of Kong’s mind, this would reinforce that being a concern! I don’t see any reason that Ebedi would change tactics for this fight, going with what has worked so far.

Donkey’s Pick: Ebedi via Submission (Armbar)

I see both of these fighters going with their strengths and trying to depend upon some slight changes in strategy, at least on Kongsangchai’s part, to try to pull through with a victory. Ebedi has no reason to adjust, as you stated Hare, other than trying not to be predictable. Kong should potentially try to adjust some, but mostly for how he tries to prevent the takedown and then, maybe his strategy on the ground once there to avoid a submission and get stood back up. But, his strength on the feet seems to lie in the clinch and he may want to still rely up on that. If it goes status quo without any major adjustments I believe that history will repeat itself, just with different names, and the fight will go to the ground from the clinch, giving Ebedi the advantage he needs.

Suzy took a quick call with Akara Kongsangchai earlier this week…

Suzy Sucker Punch: Akara, great to hear from you and I hope your camp is going well as you prepare for the fight with Dino Ebedi this coming week. How have things been going and do you plan to change anything up going into this next fight to give yourself a better shot at getting the win this time around?

Akara Kongsangchai: Last fight I was not ready for Jiu Jitsu, as a Muay Thai fighter we fight on our feet and they told me if I tap I lose the round, I didn't know it meant the whole fight! I've been training hard to learn Jiu Jitsu now though and believe my next fight will go much better as long as they stop trying to hug me!

Suzy Sucker Punch: Well, there you go Donkey and Hare! Akara would prefer if his opponents didn’t try to love him so much!

Undercard Bout #5: Lightweight

Mike Snot (4-1-0) vs. Kira Yoshikage (0-0-0)

Donkey, there’ve been murmurs in the hallways here around Sucker Punch headquarters all week leading up to this next card, and a lot of those have revolved around Kira Yoshikage, a newcomer who is making his Sucker Punch debut! And boy, will he be making a debut, going out to the cage and facing off against hard hitting, successful, and frankly, a bit scary Mike Snot!

Now, the reason there is so much talk about this one is because Yoshikage is new to full MMA, but not new to competition. He’s been heavily involved in grappling up to this point having spent a bit of time over at Catch Wrestling! But now, it seems we’re lured him to the dark side and he’s ready to make his full MMA appearance!

This fight will truly be a tale of two cities or worlds, with a striker in Snot going out there against a ground specialist in Yoshikage! While Yoshi has clearly started working on some standup skills, the ground remains his area of expertise. He has a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu and knows how to use it, having subbed out more than a couple guys from his grappling days, usually with some sort of guillotine or choke. So if he gets Snot to the ground, Snot had better be very worried about being put to sleep as Yoshi soothingly rocks him and sings bedtime songs in his ear! Haha, no? Donkey, he won’t be singing songs? Why not? Maybe he could do it in Japanese! Is Kira Japanese even? Doesn’t mean he still can’t do it in Japanese, right? It says he’s from Japan, but fighting out of Las Vegas. He could be a Japanese Elvis impersonator on the side you know! No, that’s not racist Donkey, shut it!

Snot is NOT going to just lay down and go to sleep out of the goodness of his heart though Donkey. Frankly, I’m not sure there’s any goodness IN this man’s heart! He’s a 27 year old fighter who has either KO’d or TKO’d four guys so far in his career, the most recent being Dami Makarovich here when he made his Sucker Punch debut two fights back. Btw, he did that in just a minute and seventeen seconds and it was a brutal KO that garnered KO of the Night honors! That, as I said, was two fights ago. The bad news? Last fight he was subbed out via armbar by Valery Bokov. So…there is a risk to this fight that if he doesn’t get to Yoshi’s jaw early and often, and this goes to the ground…well…let’s just say Snot better put Yoshi on the ground…preferably out cold…before that happens!

Donkey’s Pick: Yoshikage via Submission (Kimura)

This is a very, very tough one to pick Donkey because the two of them are so different in styles and approach! I love Snot’s power and killer instincts. And, he has the age factor with experience. Which may or may not be an advantage at this point as the young kids are starting to even the odds in that respect. But…if he even had a blue belt, I’d probably go with Snot in this. However, that white belt worries me. If he doesn’t end this early…this fight WILL end up on the ground. And when it does, that white belt will not allow him to survive against an experience ground specialist with submission skills like Yoshikage’s.

Konrad Wagner (3-0-0) vs. Chaz Campbell (5-2-0)

As we move into the top of our card for the evening we get a fight with HUGE implications for both fighters! This is a dangerous contest for both Konrad Wagner and Chaz Campbell, with a skilled opponent who knows how to win standing across from each of them in the cage as they each look into the eyes of the other!

Yes, a dangerous bout…but one with huge reward to go with the risk! For Wagner, he’s already well ranked in the Top 10 of the division. As a very young 361k fighter, this fight against an opponent who has won 3 of his past four would put him squarely into consider as a top contender if he should walk away with a victory. For Campbell, a fourth win out of his past five fights, with his only loss being to a talented Kribbson Johansson, would not only skyrocket him firmly into the Top 10, but likely put in just a step away from contender status. Those are big, big things on the line ladies and gentlemen!

Wagner is a boxer who is willing to clinch up when needed and it works to his advantage. But mostly his focus is on boxing and finishing from there over the course of his three fights. Campbell, despite not having a high skill level on Muay Thai, has used the clinch effectively along with his boxing skills in most fights. With a blue belt over Wagner’s white, you have to wonder if by chance he’ll attempt to utilize his advantage on the ground in this fight. That will likely depend upon whether he has any confidence in his ability to generate offense on the ground, or if most of that belt is defensively oriented.

Donkey, thoughts here…?

Donkey’s Pick: Wagner via TKO (Strikes)

I’m intrigued by the possibility that Campbell may decide the ground is his best bet if he has skills there to finish. However, if he doesn’t this turns into a standup battle and Wagner undoubtedly has the advantage there, despite the amount of time Campbell has spent training over Wagner. Both fighters are fully prepared for this fight, so the great news…they give themselves the best possible opportunity to perform at their highest level!

Main Card Bout #2: Featherweight

Jack Sparrow (10-1-0) vs. Julian Concrete (3-1-0)

Donkey, last we checked, both Sparrow and Concrete were hanging out just inside the Top 10 for the Featherweight division. Concrete would have been higher if not for his recent loss to Kurt Cobain but has been moving along on the ladder very well with three wins in a row prior to that, with all of his fights having taken place here at Sucker Punch.

Sparrow, at 10-1 and being 3-0 in his last three fights would normally be ranked much higher, actually, in top contender status, if not for the fact that he’s already told us he doesn’t feel he’s able to go head to head with the young kids in the division. So instead he acts as a gatekeeper of sorts for other up and comers to test themselves and see if they are indeed ready. That’s exactly the position Concrete finds himself in, as a win against Sparrow would get him back on the path of winning and make him somebody who cannot be ignored in the division!

Sparrow has wonderful wrestling and a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu, but not much so speak of in the standup game. His game is very straightforward…take you down, and then work a combined attack of sub or pound, with attacks coming from both angles at any given time! The challenge for Concrete will be very clear and, well, simple. Simple as in the concept is simple, follow-through is up for debate. He will want to take advantage of his respectable boxing and wonderful Muay Thai skills to keep this fight on the feet, control it in the clinch when he can, get the knockout or finish if possible. And if not, score enough points in the meantime to get the decision and hold Sparrow off if taken to the ground to prevent being finished instead.

Donkey’s Pick: Concrete via KO (Punch)

Honestly, I don’t have a really great reason for giving this pick. Both guys will come into this contest by the weekend ready to go most likely with morale and energy covered well. Sparrow is very tough on the ground, and if it gets there, I could be way off on this pick! But, a hunch is telling me that Concrete hands, made of just that, may get the job done in this one while Sparrow is attempting to get the takedown!

Suzy Sucker Punch: Just a little addition here guys. I’m hearing from our front office that as of now, this is Sparrows last fight on his contract. There has been some debate over whether Sparrow will continue on at his age or if he’s looking to hang them up. Or more to the point on that, whether his manager may cut him loose and let him decide what to do from there. Will another manager pick him up? We don’t know. I believe if he is going to fight his last one on the contract this weekend, Hare may be interested in talking to Sparrow’s manager, Roger Smith, about having Sparrow sign a new extension prior to a sacking, if a sacking is going to happen. That would hopefully entice the next manager to give him a shot to continue on here at Sucker Punch!

Main Card Bout #3: Welterweight

Kribb Furgesson (6-1-0) vs. Red Crow (2-1-1)

Alright, we’re just shy of getting into our Main Events of the evening here, Donkey, but quite frankly, on any other given night this fight alone would easily be a Co-Main Event of the evening! So the fans are getting a real treat here, and we’re thrilled with the quality of fights we’re able to give them for this upcoming card! And again, Donkey, two awesomely prepared guys, fully ready to go out there and give it their all! Dang, so happy with these guys overall tonight my man!

This one has a ton on the line for both of these warriors, Donkey! It sets the stage for our next Top Contender, with the winner of this battle eventually getting a title shot against the winner of Bass/Costune!

Red Crow is 2-0-1 since joining us here at Sucker Punch. Think about that, he’s not lost a fight at Sucker Punch, and the only one he didn’t win was a majority draw against the beast known as Igor Vovchanchyn! There is no secret to Crow’s approach. That is, unless he suddenly throws a curveball to us, but short of that what you’re going to have to deal with is a man who will take you down, ground and pound you until you’re will to survive wanes, and then either knock your ass out, have you tap out from strikes or have the ref jump in to save your sorry, dizzy, confused ass from more abuse! It’s pretty straightforward I think, right Donkey?

Now, the man who will want to avoid having any of that grounding, pounding, dizzy assed action being put on him in this fight is none other than Kribb Furgesson. Kribb is 6-1 in his career, and although making his Sucker Punch debut, finding an opponent willing to risk hide and hair against him has been tough. As such, anybody taking him on deserves to go to the top of the list, and if he can take out the one guy willing to step up, well, then, good luck to you for the title and happy travels my friend! Furgesson has superb boxing skills, but his real bread and butter is his wonderful wrestling combined with a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu! All six of his wins have come via submission…so clearly, we’re going to deal with a ground contest in this one for Top Contender!

So, big questions Donkey…who can win on the ground here…?

Donkey’s Pick: Furgesson via Submission (Kimura)

Undoubtedly this one goes to the ground unless Furgesson suddenly decides to use his boxing skills to stay where Crow is entirely uncomfortable, on the feet. However, knowing this probably goes to the ground anyway at some point, my guess is that Furgesson will go there, and try to establish position on top, taking away the advantage Crow has with his ground and pound game. Crow on the other hand, if he can establish position, could have a nice shot at brutalizing Furgesson on the ground, but he has to watch out for the subs from the bottom…which is easier said than done!

Co-Main Event

Welterweight Bout

Diego Diaz (7-3-0) vs. Kahdi Mandinos (4-2-0)

Come this weekend, both of these kids in the Co-Main Event with likely be topped off and fully ready to go! This one is going to get interesting, Donkey…because Mandinos is listed as having a significant advantage in boxing and Muay Thai. But then, you go and have a closer look… and realize that Mandinos has woeful boxing and abysmal Muay Thai! Well, that would be because Diaz has useless in both! Haha, so…um, I think this one’s going to the ground perhaps, Donkey?

Mandinos has superb wrestling and a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu. He’s used those skills to secure three submissions in a row here at Sucker Punch, which only his first fight here with us being a loss due to TKO to Sean MacCarthy in the first round of the Welterweight Sorter Series. He also has another submission from right before joining us from a QFC fight.

Diaz has remarkable wrestling…and a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu. So apparently this is a situation where he says, “Ok, I see your superb wrestling and purple belt, and I raise you remarkable and a brown belt! He also has won his last three fights via submission…actually, five of his last six fights! Oh, wait, no…seven of his last nine fights…all via submission! His last fight was here at Sucker Punch against Rayne Dame, a quick and easy armbar in the first round. Now, before that, he was in the Alliance World Championships competing for Yabai, so he was going up against some top notch opposition from the other alliances out there. And still winning. It’s interesting to note though, and this is a possible positive for Mandinos, that he lost a fight four back to Jesse Ristinen in the AWC…via submission! So he can be taken out the same way he takes em out…so live by the sword, die by the sword here!

Donkey’s Pick: Diaz via Submission (Armbar)

Diaz loves his armbar Hare…and Mandinos is the taller, lankier fighter here in this contest. Given that, I’m betting that an arm gets left hanging out there at some point and Diaz latches on to it. If Mandinos can pull off the victory in this one though, he’s going to be labeled one bad ass MF’er on the ground and have himself in line as a top contender sooner rather than later! If Diaz wins, the same can be said for him. These two are nothing short of impressive with their skills!

Main Event

Welterweight Championship Bout

Ronnie Bass (6-0-0) vs. DJ Costune (4-1-0)

And here we go with the Main Event, Donkey! In a card topped off with great fights, this one could be the most exciting of the entire eveing, as it’s for the Welterweight Championship and features two incredibly talented, and prepared I might add, young combatants!

Ronnie Bass is the “unofficial” champion of the division after having won the Welterweight Sucker Punch Sorter Series tournament. He never got to fight the Finals bout in that tournament because Malachi Routerhead’s manager had some issues arise and was away for a bit. Since then, Costune has ousted John Fuller, another talented individual in the division who was the other semi-finalist to not advance to the Finals, earning Costune the chance for a rematch with Ronnie Bass less than two months after the last fight between the two!

The first fight between these two saw a first round finish at just over three minutes in the round. Bass took the fight into the clinch repeatedly and used it to soften up Costune before finally taking him out with a huge right hand shot that some are saying may not have landed if Costune hadn’t gotten distracted and looked to the clock. Granted, he was in a bit of trouble as Bass had rocked him just moments before and he was probably wondering if a bell could save him…so you could argue that this one was going to be ended regardless. But hey, we’re nothing if not fans of a little controversy, eh Donkey?

Throughout that fight, Costune was able to land a couple shots here and there when separated, including a few combos. But even when boxing Bass was comfortably landing a solid percentage of head shots and really, the big difference as we mentioned was his ability to get into or out of the clinch at will, with Costune unable to do much in the clinch offensively and apparently unable to defend effectively enough as well. You have to figure that in the past two months, he’s probably worked on his clinchwork and defensive grappling, perhaps even some physical strength knowing that he’d need it if a rematch occurred down the line!

As it stands now, it appears that both Bass and Costune have respectable boxing and wrestling. The difference is that Bass still has a considerable advantage in the clinch. However, it is interesting to note that Costune has a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu…and frankly Donkey, I don’t recall if he had that last time these two met or not? If he didn’t…could he have been working the ground game since then thinking of taking this to the ground and perhaps capitalizing on Bass only holding a white belt?

Donkey, I’m ready for a great one, and to see how this one might go differently…you…?

Donkey’s Pick: Bass via TKO (Strikes)

Hare, I’m going to have to actually see Costune be able to avoid and escape the clinch without taking damage before I can put my hat in his corner in a fight against Bass. That’s no shot at Costune’s abilities, he’s a talented fighter, but he was dominated in the clinch last time around and that advantage appears to still be there for Bass. It is interesting what you note about the Jiu Jitsu skills…but Costune has to be able to physically get it to the ground if he intends to use that angle. And that requires coming in close…something that may prove very dangerous!

Suzy had an opportunity to spend some time speaking with DJ Costune in the lead-up to this weekend…

Suzy Sucker Punch: DJ, thanks for taking a few minutes of your valuable time this week to speak with us!

DJ Costune: Hey Suzy. Lookin’ beautiful as ever.

Suzy Sucker Punch, blushing…: DJ, this fight is a massive one for you, a chance to not only go for the title, but perhaps even more importantly, a chance at redemption after having lost what turned out to be the Finals essentially of the Sorter Series tournament. The man who stands across from you in the cage later this week is none other than Ronnie Bass. Your thoughts on facing him a second time in such a short period?

DJ Costune: Let me tell you something that is probably already known. Ronnie Bass is a punk bitch. I heard this piece of shit was mad because he had to face me again. Now why is that Suzy?

Suzy Sucker Punch: Well, I don’t know that I’d heard he was mad about it…actually he seemed a bit confident going in, but if he is angry, why do you think that might be DJ?

DJ Costune: Because he knows I'm going to knock his head clean the f**k off and there's nothing anyone can do to stop the inevitable from happening!

DJ shoots a quick kiss on Suzy’s cheek as he walks out…then turns around at the last second...

DJ Costune: Oh and one more thing.... Piss off with your predictions Donkey! You creepy little twat! You can go home to your mum's basement and shove your thoughts right up your....

Matthew White covers Costune's mouth and shuffles his fighter out to keep him from being fined...

Suzy Sucker Punch: Wow…well…um, guys, certainly DJ doesn’t seem to lack any confidence for this fight! Um, and Donkey…uh, sorry about that?

Donkey Dan: Oh, no worries there Suzy! We’ll see who has the last laugh! Mr. White may be worried about his fighter getting fined…but he should be more concerned about him getting fined TWICE after I speak with Hare…once for conduct unbecoming a fighter in the Sucker Punch org…and the second time for sexual harassment with that kiss!

Hare Rumpler steps in…

Hare Rumpler: Conduct unbecoming a fighter here, Donkey? Seriously? Um, did you not see that our logo literally says “Cockshot Experts Apply Within!”? I’m not sure that there is a standard of conduct to break around here really, is there? You’ve seen me get all excited when somebody takes a shot to the dingle-dangle during a fight man, it’s not my problem if you just took a verbal to the jewels bud! And it’s also not my fault that you keep picking against DJ, I’d give you a literal cockshot too if you kept doing that to me! LOL!!! As for the harassment claims, well, Suzy would have to stop sitting over there blushing and actually report it for our HR department to start any investigation into that…so until then…I guess you and your bunched up panties are just going to have to deal, Donkey!

Big stuff with an absolutely ridiculous card on hand for all of us this weekend! We’re going to have a sold out Bondi Bonanza on our hands and that place is sure to have all of Sydney rocking with the energy these fighters, and our fans, generate in that place! Can’t wait, this is going to be one to talk about afterward! Now get that scowl off you face Donkey, and quit mumbling about DJ Costune, he’s taking up too much space in your head man! Haha!

Till then…remember…

• Upvote 4

Mr. Takahashi: Akara was very disappointed with Donkey Dan's predictions, all his life he looked up to Donkey Dan and his fabled "Donkey Kick" in fact all of Team Lundgren have immense respect for the master albeit Longsun and Nagashima have their own woes with him on their own ascents to champion and God alike. In a few short days he will show the massive gains he's made from an absolute zero in Jiu Jitsu, to neutralizing his opponents fully.

• Upvote 2

15811604425905.jpg Ronnie Bass

I got a haircut so that you can't pull my hair like the little bitch you are, DJ! I can't wait to throw down and shut your ass up for good! Apparently, either I didn't hit you hard enough last time I took your ass out, or I hit you too hard and gave you brain damage, because there's no way in hell I'm going to lose to your punk ass! Hey, White, let him go, don't hold him back. I'll go ahead and retire him for you.

• Upvote 2

v1ZHdCe.jpg

You were saying?

This card was crazy, and I love the back and forth talk and hype! I would always be paying particular attention to a title fight anyways, but the shit leading up to this one def had me watching it even closer than normal and had me hyped for it!

The whole card was pretty awesome though, it was our highest rated to date, it was our first event that we actually made $ on (hahhaha, after we give out bonuses, probably about 1k, but hey, it's in the black, not the red!) and it pushed us from 25th overall in the world to 21st! And I'm not saying it was awesome just because of rating and all, I read through every single fight, and it was a cool card across the board! Thanks guys!

• Upvote 4

22w10.jpg Dismantle

Jude Ben Watson can kiss my ass! Homo, you're one tough ass to crack! It was very anal trying to nail you, you wiggle around too much. Just kidding man good fight was a hell of a brawl just a damn shame that it ended in a draw. Now I need to go soak in an ice bath while I wait on these hoes to come give me my special post fight massage.

• Upvote 1

And here I was thinking I'd be reading a review by now.. slacker! LOL just kidding Hare, you know me.. I'll be lurking around waiting for it!

LMFAO!! Nah, this one deserves the time for folks to get commentary in I think! I'm also not feeling so hot today, so I'll probably process the results, get the division and ladders updated a bit so I can plan next month's cards for these guys...and then give guys time to get commentary in and put out the review tomorrow morning my time. Maybe tonight, but the way I'm feeling I don't think that's going to happen tonight. Cracking me up though man! haha

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1597411893SPPS_Poster_5.png

POST EVENT CHEAP SHOTS

Sucker Punch Pro Series 5

Hello out there Sucker Punch fans! Hare Rumpler here with you alongside my partner and analyst, Donkey “Dan”, as well as Suzy Sucker Punch, our incomparable media correspondent! We can’t wait to get into this review with you guys as we look back at all the fantastic action from SPPS 5! We suspected this night would be chock full of action, given the very first fight, and it certainly did not disappoint throughout!

Sucker Punch Pro Series 5 was the org’s highest ever rated event to date and turned into a complete sell-out, and we can’t thank our managers, fighters and fans enough for their support along the way! Now, Donkey, this night of action had just about everything you could ask for, my friend!

There were knockouts…god were there knockouts! So much so that…spoiler alert…while our championship fight of the night will get Ronnie Bass the KotN award…because how can you have a knockout that means something more than one that ends with a belt around your waist?!?...there were at least two others that easily would have been KotN awards on any other card!

Then, all the other action…submissions out of nowhere to surprise the fans and get everybody all crazed up…fights that were absolute wars…with one ending in a draw, Donkey!...damn, the only thing this card was missing…at least to the best of my knowledge, but hey, I was drinking a lot the other night, so I’ll have to review again!...was a dirty low down cheap shot!

So anyway, without further delay, let’s get into this biatch and see all the fun that was had right after a word about our sponsor and merchandise partner!

Shadow Warrior Nutrition was on hand at the and I cannot say enough about how much we appreciate having them as our merchandise partner and sponsor here at Sucker Punch! Do yourself a favor…better yet, do your fighters who you spend so much time developing and preparing a favor…and stop by the stand to grab some of their Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q. It is literally the best energy loss reduction supplement money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting! Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Mickey DIsmantle vs. Ecce Homo declared a Draw!

This was an absolutely war of a fight to start out the evening folks!!! During the preview, I had ended my segment with the statement, “You don’t get a more balanced fight! Who wants it baby?!? Go get it!” Well, these two proved that they BOTH wanted it! And no, this wasn’t some little ticky-tac fight where they spent three rounds dancing around, slapping each other now and then, clinching and hugging and sharing the love! Oh, hell no! This was a fight where they spent three rounds trying to beat the living hell out of each other!

Total, there were 160 shots thrown, kicked, or otherwise put out there for Dismantle in this fight…and on the other side, 147 for Homo! Damnnnn. Most of this fight was spent boxing. There were a couple minutes of clinch thrown in throughout, but that was the exception in this one. The action was constant and electric, with the crowd definitely letting Dismantle and Homo know they were appreciating the effort!

The play by play guys called the first round for Dismantle, although in the end the judges were split on it! The second round clearly went to Dismantle, and there was a point just after the two minute mark where the crowd let out a big gasp and thought Dismantle was going to end things! Homo’s hands had dropped a bit and Dismantle sent a right hook through that dropped Homo to a knee! Amazingly, Homo recovered quickly and scrambled back to his feet and this thing was back on!

The third round, you could just feel the tide turning a bit and Homo definitely was bringing the intensity, knowing he might be losing this fight! He took the round on two of three judge cards, with the third scoring it a tie!

While this one ended up a draw, and I don’t know who I’d give it to if it were left to me…here’s what I do know, Donkey…I know that I wouldn’t want to be Ecce Homo the next day with all the head and body shots he took…and I also know that Dismantle probably spent the day relaxing somewhere in a chair, off his feet and legs! Because damn, that boy took twenty-five leg kicks from Homo in that fight and that’s gotta leave a little something-something to remember him by!

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Wow, well, we really do not see draws often Hare, and this one was outstanding! How often do you start the night out with a fight that you wonder to yourself, “Can any of the others top this for Fight of the Night?!?” That’s what we got in this one, a heavy contender for FotN and a treat for the fans who got to their seats early and were ready for the full night of action! Congrats to both of these guys, and a special thanks to Ecce Homo for coming over and giving Dismantle a real challenge for a one fight deal!

Max Holliday DefeatsSorsa Lokki via KO (Punches)

Holliday connects with a superb combination that knocks Lokki out cold! The referee charges across the mat and tackles Holliday before he can land any more shots to the unconscious Lokki!”

That’s how our second fight of the evening, one that could easily be in the running for KO of the Night and would win it on any other night, ended! But that’s also getting ahead of ourselves, so let’s go back to the beginning, which btw, resembles the ending! Holliday and Lokki both came into this one needing a win to start evening up their records. Earlier in the week before the event, Donkey had noted that Lokki was a bit low on energy, but that was remedied as the week went on and both came in probably only about 5% down, so pretty much prepared to go at it.

Holliday weathered the storm in the first half minute from Lokki as Lokki came out the aggressor with leg kicks, combos galore and other strikes, but unable to land any of it. Kudos to Holliday for keeping that defense up and staying light on his feet! Finally, after having bided his time for the first half minute, Holliday side stepped a few shots from Lokki and came back with a hell of a combo of his own that took Lokki off his feet and rocked him bad! Holliday got the ref to usher Lokki back to his feet, but then, at least possibly, made a little bit of a mistake in taking it to the clinch…which seemed to have given Lokki a chance to recover a bit.

Finally, after going into and out of the clinch several times over the next two minutes, that bit of a delay wouldn’t matter when it came to the ultimate conclusion! Holliday’s knees to the body of Lokki when in the clinch had done their job in wearing him down and softening him up and after pushing off from the clinch, Holiday was able to land that combo above and put this one to bed early!

Have anything Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Lokki did recover in time energy wise for this fight, but you have to wonder how much damage he’s doing for himself and the effectiveness of his training by being so low on energy before that in the week leading up to the fight? It’s definitely not ideal. Holliday came into this thing ready to go and as on point both with his strikes and defense, and earns himself an evened up record at 1-1 now for his effort. Fantastic job and definitely the way to turn things around. For Lokki, he was on a 2 win streak but now falls to 3-6 overall with this loss. He’ll get a chance to bounce back strong next month against Adrian Petrov, a winnable fight if he comes in prepared. Petrov has a history of not coming in prepared himself and needs to show improvement in that area.

Pietro Marchionni Defeats John Diaz via Unanimous Decision

Our only unanimous decision of the evening, Marchionni versus Diaz was a fight we saw as an pretty evenly matched contest that could go either way when we made this one. But, as the fight got closer and we took a look at thing in the preview, we realized that Diaz was coming in with low morale, still in his lil’ whities and unlikely to be able to gain an advantage due to that in the fight.

We couldn’t have been more right about that. This fight turned into something I’ve never seen before here at Sucker Punch, Donkey! I mean, Marchionni didn’t finish it…although it looked like he was about to at the end of the second round, with Diaz essentially getting saved by the bell…but outside a finish he dominated this fight about as much as one can with a 30-24 scoring by the judges. Again, something I’ve never seen, that wide a disparity in the scoring!

Marchionni kept the pressure on the entire fight, whether they were on the feet or on the ground. His striking, whether boxing or in the clinch, was effective…hell, in the clinch it was flawless…and when he determined it was time to take it to the ground, he did so at will. On the ground things only got worse for Diaz! Marchionni was 40/40 with GNP strikes, a brutal thing for anybody to sit and take! So…from that perspective, credit to Diaz for having a hell of a chin and heart to take that beating and not give in!

That said, outside being able to take a pounding Diaz really didn’t get much done in the fight. He never threw a punch, failed on twenty-four takedown attempts, both in and out of the clinch and generally never was able to do much other than try to put up some defense against the onslaught from Marchionni’s attacks.

Over to you Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

I’m not certain that strategy wise Diaz’s camp came in with a plan on what they wanted to do in this one. And if they did, it was very one dimensional and not diverse enough to create some balance to the attack and keep the other side guessing. Twenty takedown attempts from separation…no strikes thrown…four takedown attempts from the clinch…no strikes thrown. Basically, it was easy for Marchionni to know what was coming. Then, when Marchionni did the deed and took it to the ground for Diaz…you would have thought that maybe Diaz’s goal was to get there and use sub attempts as he’d done in his three wins prior to this. But instead, he spent time trying to improve position, unsuccessfully, and never once threw a strike or made a sub attempt. I’m not sure what to say, either he couldn’t get himself in a spot to make a sub attempt due to Marchionni’s controlling the fight, or the heart just wasn’t in this one. It may have been a bit of both. Fix that morale kid! Congrats to Marchionni who took care of business in a big way, and improves to 4-2 as his reward!

Suzy was cage side to speak with the victor as he exited the cage…

Suzy Sucker Punch: Pietro, a dominating victory, at least from the judges perspective. Clearly they felt you controlled that fight from start to finish. How do you feel about your performance tonight?

Pietro Marchionni: Woah, a one way street Suzy, a one way street I say! I'm all the cars going the right way and my opponent decides to bring his bike and drive it the wrong fucking way. You're going to end up in hospital that way, you know.

Suzy Sucker Punch: So what’s next Pietro? Back to the gym, talking strategy and training for the next fight?

Pietro Marchionni: Looking to get a winning streak going and climb the ladder, so next opponent please, but now it's party time. Where's my beer, coach?

Suzy Sucker Punch: Well guys, it appears that the next fight is a focus, but not until they’ve had a chance to celebrate this victory tonight!

Undercard Bout #4: Featherweight

Dino Ebedi Defeats Akara Kongsangchai via Split Decision

Oooh, Donkey, another one that we thought was going to be an extremely close, tough fought battle…and here we go, split decision baby! Wow. I’ll be honest though, from my perspective, I didn’t see this as a split. To me, this one probably should have been unanimous. They gave the last round to Kongsangchai, but he got rocked in that round by Ebedi and for me, that was enough to give him the edge in another close round.

From a fan perspective, the crowd was fairly split, just like the result, on this fight. Some were into it, others more into chatting and walking the concessions area. There was a decent amount of action in this fight, but over three rounds of clinch, unclench I think the fans started to get a little bit weary by the end. On the ground even, there were shots taken and subs attempted by Ebedi, but none landing and a lot of stalling from both sides in between.

Ultimately, Ebedi did enough to get this win, and that’s what counts on the record though Donkey!

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Well, Kongsangchai said that he learned from the last fight that in MMA…you tap, you lose. So, to his credit, he didn’t tap this time around! And he gave himself a shot at a win with the judges as a result. He didn’t get the nod, but came close. I guess he probably wasn’t happy with the amount of hugging in this fight though, this is one guy who has specifically requested that his opponents stop trying to love on him! Ebedi stayed active enough and scored enough points with the judges. It seemed that his strategy to simply wear Kong down, and take the shots if he could get them here or there, worked. He moves to 2-0 and will have his work cut out for him against Hunter Killer next month! For Akara Kongsangchai, unfortunately this moves him to 1-2 and, more importantly, 0-2 with Sucker Punch. I’m hearing that it’s highly likely he’ll be seeing Ramon Rabbit next month, so if that comes to be, he’ll definitely get his chance to stand and bang without so much hugging!

Undercard Bout #5: Lightweight

Mike Snot Defeats Kira Yoshikage via KO (Superman Punch)

Donkey, I’m not even going to try to pretend like I’m working up to the ending on this one buddy! This one ended in spectacular fashion with a Superman Punch! Talk about something that will get the crowd friggin’ pumped! This would normally take KO of the Night…hell, it still almost did in this one, and frankly, if not for the KO that got it being in the Main Event for the title and the belt…it would have gotten it over that one also! So we definitely have to give this one the props it deserves. Actually, Donkey, I’m probably going to send out a little bonus to the managers of the fighters who had some great KO’s tonight outside the title fight too!

This was a hell of a way to finish up the Undercard fights! What made this one especially brutal is that it not only seemed like Yoshikage was unprepared for power behind Snot’s punches out of the gate…but within a minute he was rocked…so much so that he was still on shaky legs when Snot teed him up for that Superman Punch!

“Snot smiles there as he lands a nice right hand right on the button. Yoshikage is still on wobbly legs! Can Snot finish him?

Snot measures up his opponent and throws a superman punch that connects to the jaw! Down goes Yoshikage! The ref steps in, and that's the ball game folks!”

We knew this was a striker versus ground guy contest going in. And, Yoshikage did make the attempt to get this into his territory and put it on the ground, but Snot was able to fend off both takedown attempts in the first minute. And that, right there, was the whole story. Strike, Strike…failed takedown…Strike, Strikes…failed takedown…Strike…Rocked!...And this thing is all over!

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Snot has fallen to submissions before, actually, in his very last fight against Valery Bokov. So, you have to give this man credit for coming in prepared, perhaps having worked on some weaknesses in the takedown defense areas and really turning it around against another ground specialist! He goes to 5-1, an excellent record, and makes a case that he should now start getting mentioned in top contender discussions going forward, if not sooner than later. Now, for Yoshikage, I had picked Snot to win this fight, but I really did like Yoshikage from an age and skills perspective. He should be catching up to his older peers at this point, if not passing them in overall skill. He’s now 0-1 in MMA after amassing a 4-4 record in grappling over at Catch Wrestling. Only he and his manager will know if it’s a takedown issue, a speed issue, strength or perhaps if it was just really good defense on Snot’s part. He’ll bounce back, no doubt! He’ll be up against Robin Van Doen, another striker, next month, so he’ll want to be sure that strike D is on point!

Konrad Wagner Defeats Chaz Campbell via TKO (Strikes)

Donkey, for me this fight came down to some very basic concepts that we touched on in the preview. We suspected that if this fight stayed purely on the feet, Wagner would have the advantage. I’m guessing that Campbell, indeed, does not have the skills for offense on the ground, otherwise I’d have to believe he would have made some attempt to use them in this fight, given that was the area he’d have any advantage. Instead, he stood and went toe to toe and that played into Wagner’s wheelhouse.

The other basic issue that came into play is that Campbell went for a TON of combos. And if you don’t land one of those early and end the fight, combo after combo is going to gas your ass out faster than you can tell a “yo momma” joke! So, being that Campbell basically went from almost a full tank to running on empty before even the second round was up, I’m guessing that the combination of so many combos, no pun intended, along with potentially less than stellar cardio made this a rough go for him.

What I will say, is this kid Campbell has some heart. He took a massive head kick in the fourth minute of the first round, was rocked like you wouldn’t believe, and yet still managed to get back into this thing and not get taken out after being waved to his feet! Wow. But, the way he was gassing out, as we said, this fight was on borrowed time for him and just beyond three in the second Wagner was ready and more than willing to put this one into the books…and did just that.

Donkey, thoughts here…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Well, I finally stopped betting against the kid, and once again he comes through. I think, if I’m not wrong, that I’m perfect on the night so far with my picks? Is that right Hare? Hare, are you paying attention here…I know you hear me! Anyway, the crowd was loving the crazy combo action, even when it didn’t land, and they were definitely loving the powerful, nasty, toll taking shots from Wagner in return. That kick left the whole place gasping and cheering, and good on Campbell, as you said Hare, for taking it and coming back! He does have a granite chin, so the fact that Wagner still knocked him out in the end was impressive for Wagner as well. At 4-0, Wagner is putting himself quickly into a position where he’s going to have to be ready to take on the top players in the division…or back down and take a step back in rankings despite record. For Campbell, he retains a 5-3 record, which is solid! But he’s now lost two in a row to guys in the Top 10, so this is going to push him back a little bit, perhaps out of the Top 10 for now until he can recover and prove his way back up. He’ll get that chance, no doubt!

Main Card Bout #2: Featherweight

Jack Sparrow Defeats Julian Concrete via Submission (Armbar)

Well, Concrete came out and started to do what he wanted, and needed, to do in this one. For…oh, about the first half minute. He got Sparrow good with a right that actually stumbled Sparrow and buckled his knees a bit…and then, managed to get a good jab in right on the nose as well.

Unfortunately, it was then that Sparrow quickly realized that he needed this fight on the ground sooner than later…and boom, down it went! That was bad for Concrete, very bad. With Sparrow on top, Concrete was in an awful position, as Sparrow loves to mix up his attack with some vicious ground and pound combined with the occasional submission attempt, whenever things offer themselves up to him! Sparrow was landing just about everything he threw at poor Concrete, who quickly fell out of sorts under the striking attack and didn’t seem to have the wits about him to even try to improve his position or escape!

At one point Concrete was covering up just trying to avoid strikes, and then at just over two minutes in seemed realized he had to get out of there or this wasn’t going to go on long. He was bucking and trying to throw Sparrow off for an escape, but just couldn’t do it, with Sparrow demonstrating excellent balance and ground skills.

Once Sparrow got Concrete worked over to the cage and had him pressed up against it on the ground, things got really bad for Concrete with no real way to avoid the punishment. With his focus entirely on defending against strikes, Concrete opened himself up and left a tasty arm out there, and Sparrow was more than happy to take that arm, make it go all bendy-bendy in the wrong ways, and end the torment for Concrete.

Donkey, got more…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

I’m shocked that this ended as quickly as it did, but not with how it ended. I thought Concrete was going to get a few more shots in, maybe even get his shot at putting Sparrow down. But Sparrow’s skills at getting his opponents to the ground are, apparently, second to none, and once he got it there it was only a matter of time! I’d love to see Sparrow against some top competition in this division…but he has to be willing and confident that he could step up against them, which up to this point he’s been pretty convinced he isn’t prepared to do. I’m not sure I agree! For Concrete, he’s now 3-2, with two losses in a row to Top 10 caliber competition in the division. That certainly level-sets a guy, that’s for sure, and he probably now has a good idea what he needs to do to get where he wants to be again. I can’t wait to see his next fight and get a look at what he changes up and how he bounces back!

Suzy Sucker Punch: Following up on the discussion we had in the preview, I reached out to Sparrow’s camp to see what they were thinking with regard to their contract ending after this fight. So here’s the situation boys…Sparrow, upon winning this fight and ending up 11-1, really wants to avenge his one loss. A loss he suffered when he was with HFC to Lorenzo Bataglia, who is now fighting with BFC. I’ve been told that Hare is working with Ben Halle over at BFC to establish an opportunity for Sparrow to come over for that one fight. We’ll keep you guys updated on how this works out and if we get to resign Sparrow in the meantime!

Main Card Bout #3: Welterweight

Kribb Furgesson Defeats Red Crow via Submission (Armbar)

Donkey, when it comes to surprise endings, this here was probably the biggest fight of the night in terms of sudden turnarounds! And…on top of that, we were VERY wrong about the tendencies, at least, secondary ones, here in this fight!

Historically Crow enjoys a ground and pound approach. Furgesson a submission strategy. Now, if one of these guys was going to want to keep it on the feet, we thought that would be Furgesson and that Crow may not enjoy the standup game. But, surprise, surprise! For the first two minutes or more of this fight, neither attempted to take this to the ground, and I’m thinking that perhaps that was out of respect for the other’s ground game! Instead, they stood and went at it, placing strikes where they could.

Furgesson was landing some good shots to the head, but missing on most of his combos. On the other side, Crow was doing well with a variety of shots, with his body shots especially effective along with a great job of landing leg kicks to slow Furgesson down. And then…Crow landed a vicious head kick that sent Furgesson to the ground! At this point, you can start a debate on whether Crow had the right strategy or not. Dive in, as he did, for the finish and try to get it, knowing he has a strong ground and pound game to begin with…or stay on the feet, where he’d had success and try to finish it without risking being on the ground with a dangerous submission artist?

Well, in Crow went, without a second thought, so the table was set and this thing was either ending with a TKO or KO via strikes…or…a submission from the back. And here’s where another surprise came in…Furgesson was showing amazing ability to defend against the strikes, strikes that Crow has always been very good with on the ground…even after having just been dropped not long ago! Wow! Furgesson also started working the submission game from his back to keep Crow honest down there.

And…the moment came ladies and gents! Crow stood up and got ready for the bit KO attempt…and oh boy, yes!!!...came flying in with a superman style punch from above…and then…OH NO! Furgesson make him miss and snags him in a triangle choke! Crow managed to escape with his head, but then left the arm in there, and that was all Furgesson needed…armbar baby!

Amazing finish, shocker there eh Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

A shocker for multiple reasons, Hare! First, many thought Furgesson might have a big advantage in this one, yet, Crow had himself in position to win! Then, the sudden move to the ground for both of them…followed by a huge and stunning reversal of fortune to turn things around again and win it for Furgesson! Insane. Seriously. And this was for the Top Contender spot in the division no less! Wow. I just wish we had fights like this every single night, every single fight…but I guess that would make us a bit spoiled and unappreciative eh?

Co-Main Event

Welterweight Bout

Diego Diaz Defeats Kahdi Mandinos via Submission (Triangle)

A big one here Donkey, and one that turned into exactly what we expected, a ground battle from hell! Both Diaz and Mandinos have some serious ground and submission skills, so we knew this was likely to be a game of cat and mouse on the ground with these two!

Sure enough, that’s exactly what we got. In the first round, Diaz got the takedown, but from the bottom, Mandinos was the one working for the submission attempts. Instead, Diaz was busy trying to improve position and likely get himself in the position he wanted for a go at a submission himself. Neither of these kids were able to lock it in and get things done through the first, so we headed to the second.

In a reversal of roles, Mandinos got the takedown in the early seconds of this next round, but perhaps he’d have been better off being on his back again, as that seems to have been where he was getting the better opportunities in the first round. Instead, Diaz went at it in much the role that Mandinos had in the first, on his back and going for the subs! We were concerned that Mandinos’ long limbs would be a tempting target for Diaz who loves his armbars…and close to a minute in on this one, despite Mandinos doing his best to protect them, Diaz got ahold of one…but switched to a triangle, got that head pushed down…and bam, this one was all over folks!

I’m sure I simplified that a lot more than it was there Donkey, but that’s the gist of it man!

What do you have for us on this fight…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

At 7-3 and 4-2 coming in respectively for Diaz and Mandinos, we were looking at this fight as a potential next Top Contender battle. Or at least the one that would put one of these kids in the spot to get a chance to go for the after their next fight. At 8-4 now, Diaz has definitely put himself in that position and will likely battle for top contendership this next fight. For Mandinos, he goes to 4-3, not where he was hoping to be, but at 20 years old, he’s got time and will bounce back! His next fight will be a big one on that road to top contendership down the line. Can’t wait to see who he faces next!

Main Event

Welterweight Championship Bout

Ronnie Bass vs. DJ Costune

It’s Main Event time, Donkey! This was a card that did not let us down with the great fights up to this point, and this was just the cherry on top baby! This fight had been talked up quite a bit by DJ Costune and his camp in the week leading up to it…oh, and from what I recall, there was a bit of that talk directed…well, directly at you too, eh Donkey? Oh, come on, get rid of that sourpuss face over there buddy, you can’t win all of the battles man, and I think it’s fair to say Costune got under your skin, got you riled up, and walked away with the last laugh eh? No…no, it wasn’t MY fault Donkey, it is what it is man! Let it go!

Anyways, Ronnie Bass was the “unofficial” champion of the division after having won the Welterweight Sucker Punch Sorter Series tournament and we were here to see if he could turn that “unofficial” status into a full blown “OFFICIAL, Undisputed” status! So…without further ado, let’s look back and see how this one got going with our own Juice Fluffer heading into the cage to get things kicked off…

3d8a168f5f8ff8e520307ef15bdabf4c.png

Juice Fluffer enters the cage…

“Ladies and gentlemen…this is the Maaaain Event of the evening!”

“The judges for this bout are Ben Watson, Eliza Hachem and Bruno Hogan.”

“Our sponsor for this event is Shadow Warrior Nutrition.”

“Annnnnnnd Now! The moment Sucker Punch Pro Series fans around the world have been waiting for!”

“LIVE!, from The Bondi Outdoor Arena in Sydney, Australia…”

“Iiiiit’s TIME! FIVE rounds for the Undisputed Sucker Punch Pro Series Welterweight Championship of the World!”

“Introducing first…to my left, fighting out of the red corner. With professional record of six wins, NO loss and NO draws, he stands 185 centimeters tall, weighing in at 170 and one half pounds and 20 years of age, representing the United States of America and fighting out of New York City, New York…the Sucker Punch Middleweight Cockshot Sorter Series CHAMPION, Kick Yo Asssss, Ronnnnnnniiiiiiiie…..BAAAAAAASSSS!!!

“And now introducing…to my right, fighting out of the blue corner. With a professional record of four wins, one loss and NO draws, he stands 184 centimeters tall, weighing in at 170 and a half pounds and 23 years of age, from St Petersburg, Russia and fighting out of Liverpool, England …the former number four seed overall in the Sucker Punch Welterweight Cockshot Sorter Series, “DeeeeeJaaaay…Well Knownnnnnn...COSSSSSSTUUUUUNE!!!

And we were off folks!!!

The first fight between these two saw a first round finish at just over three minutes in the round. Costune came out in this one heavy on the combos, clearly looking to catch Bass with his aggression and take him out before he could get things established or take it to the clinch, which he did effectively and frequently in their first battle.

After a couple quick flurries and feeling each other out in the first minute, Ronnie Bass seemed to start finding his range, landing a few jabs and a hook before cutting Costune. The action was fast and furious though, certainly treating the fans right who all seemed to be on their feet for this fight, as they should be! Through the remainder of the first minute they exchanged frequently, with Bass seeming to be taking the advantage while able to avoid Costune’s combinations.

After one minute in the round, Bass went with his money making move and took things into the clinch. The clinch was a bad spot for Costune to be in in the prior fight and luckily for him, Bass broke the clinch again after landing only a single shot.

A few more exchanges, with more missed combos by Costune and suddenly a smart, snapping jab snuck through for Bass that seemed to stun Costune a bit…still on wobbly legs, Costune offered up a low kick, likely trying to fend off Bass and buy some time…but it only bought a couple seconds…enough time for Bass to load up an uppercut that launched Costune from his feet, out cold before he even hit the canvas! HIGHLIGHT REEL KNOCKOUT FINISH FOR THE BELT!!!

Juice Fluffer enters as the referee has both fighters in the middle of the cage…

“Ladies and gentlemen, after one minute and forty-five seconds of the first round, the referee has called a stop to this fight…”

“Declaring the winner…by way of a Knockouuuut…ANNNNNNDDDD NEWWWWWW…Sucker Punch Pro Series…Undisputed…Welterweight Champion of the World… Ronnnnnnniiiiiiiie…..BAAAAAAASSSS!!!

WE HAVE A CHAMPION DONKEY! We have a champ! You have anything else…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

An unbelievable finish Hare! I mean, if you’re going to win your first title ever, and be the first undisputed Sucker Punch Welterweight Champion…my god, this is the way to do it, with a KO of the Night performance leading to your arm raised in victory and the belt around your waist! Costune is one tough cookie, but damn, if Ronnie Bass didn’t find a way to crumble him not once, but twice! Congratulations to our new Champion! Oh, and Hare…but now the work truly begins! Oh…and also Hare…as for Costune? Pfffffffffbbbttttt!!!

Suzy was cage side as Bass was still celebrating his victory, and had a chance to speak with DJ Costune as he exited the cage…

Suzy Sucker Punch: DJ, clearly not the ending you’d hoped, planned and dreamed of. But you wouldn’t be here if you weren’t one of the top fighters in this division, clearly. Hindsight being 20/20, is there anything you think you could have done differently?

DJ Costune: We went in there tonight with a game plan, the game plan was take it to the ground. That didn't happen.... I got in there and I let things get too personal between me and ole Ronnie boy. That man is a beast, he deserves that title, and hats off to the champ.

Suzy Sucker Punch: Clearly, in the end there is nothing but respect between tough competitors guys…

Suzy goes to wrap up the interview...

DJ Costune: One more thing…Donkey, you well named jackass, seen you tried to weasel a charge out of Mr. Rumpler, but the best damn organization owner in the Tycoon universe already knows that playin’ dirty is the best way to play. So be looking for that cockshot buddy ole pal!

Suzy Sucker Punch: Well Hare, Donkey…clearly nothing but respect for his competition in the cage…outside it…I don’t know that you’ve been let off the hook so easily Donkey!

Just an insane amount of action and fun the other night at the Bondi Outdoor Arena! I'm thrilled to have had the opportunity to be there with Donkey, Suzy and all our fans and managers! Thanks everybody for a great time, and congrats to our victors, our new champion, and best of luck training to everybody for the next month!

Suzy Sucker Punch: Gentlemen, one last thing! As we were wrapping up, I had our new champ, Ronnie Bass, come running up to me after the fight, clearly excited, and he was grinning as he said, “Suzy, Suzy, interview me! Come on!” So we slid over into the front office suite real quick, and got a good interview session in! That’ll be coming up later today or tomorrow, and was a pretty fun little piece with our new Welterweight Champion!

Can’t wait for that piece folks! So, till then…remember…

• Upvote 7

Mr. Wittig awesome stuff out there and thanks for the show. We'll be back for round 3 soon enough.

Hare, who's the man that DJ gets to rough up next?

I appreciate the quality hype, fun and competitiveness that both of your guys brought to the table this month! As I'm sure pretty much all of the Sucker Punch fandom does, thank you.

As for next fights, we have a lot of our Welterweights also fighting on the card this coming Wednesday, Sept. 2. As soon as those fights are over, I'll start putting together the fights for the next month. So I'm thinking we'll know most of those fights by this coming Wednesday evening folks! Can't wait!

In the meantime...if there are call outs that make sense, now is the perfect time while I'll have an entire division free to pair up! LOL!

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1598275728SPPS_Poster_6.png

Sucker Punch Preview

Sucker Punch Pro Series 6

Hello out there to all of our Sucker Punch fans, I’m Hare Rumpler alongside my partner and analyst, Donkey “Dan”. Suzy Sucker Punch is also with us today as we get ready to look forward at Sucker Punch Pro Series 6 coming at you from the Bondi Outdoor Arena in Sydney tonight! Undoubtedly this will be another action packed card and hopefully our fans are ready for a wild night of fun!

This card is going to bring some serious Welterweight and Featherweight action your way, but we’ll start the night out with a single Lightweight match to fuel the fire! Then we’ll move on to a string of Welterweights broken by a Featherweight bout between Ramon Rabbit and Michael Aalto as we enter the top half of the card. Another highly anticipated Welterweight battle between Igor Vovchanchyn and Kribbson Johansson will follow that before we go into the home stretch of three final Featherweight fights to finish things off, the last of those being our Main Event for the Featherweight Championship!

Donkey, I’m pretty excited for this action because these two weight classes almost never disappoint us! There’s a lot of energy that comes from them, typically a lot of back and forth as well, and once they hit the cage anything can happen! Usually with the little guys you expect to see a lot of ground action, maybe high energy, aggression and accuracy going on, but these kids here at Sucker Punch can surprise you and you never know when the big knockout is coming! So be ready, take a leak beforehand, and don’t miss out on a moment of the action folks!

Now, let’s have a quick word about our sponsor and merchandise partner before moving on for a closer look at the fights on hand!

And that sponsor and merchandise partner is none other than the outstanding Shadow Warrior Nutrition! You’ve heard it by now, but if you haven’t been listening then you truly are not doing everything you can for your fighters on a day to day basis as they train! Almost every fighter gets tired now and then from brutal training sessions. And sometimes, the only difference between having to sit them out for session or two, and keeping them in there getting the most out of that training is the right energy loss reduction supplement! Well, that’s what you’ll get with Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q! So stop by and visit them today, grab some for your fighters and get them using it! You won’t be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Lightweight

Guy River (0-1-0) vs. Bobolo Jubbly (2-2-0)

Well, this is a great way to start out the evening and a card of great, solid action! I know Donkey will be happy with this one as both Guy River and Bobolo Jubbly come into this fight prepped up and ready to let it roll baby!

Jubbly comes into this one with a 2-2 record after starting out with two wins here at Sucker Punch and then going on to lose his most recent two against Frankie Logan and Rey Bargos. He’ll be looking to rebound tonight against Guy River who will be making his Sucker Punch debut with us, only his second fight ever with the first having been a QFC test fight back at the end of 2019!

With so little action in the cage so far in his career, it will be tough to predict where Guy River might try to take this fight. He has strong boxing and wrestling along with remarkable Muay Thai and a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu. If I had to venture a guess, he’s going to want to stand and deliver shots on the feet, either boxing or in the clinch rather than go to the ground against a submission artist like Jubbly.

Jubbly will have his work cut out for him given he’s fallen in his last two fights to strikes. He’s had some difficulty getting the fight to the ground, especially in his last fight with Bargos, and as such you have to think he spent time over the past month working on whatever piece was missing, whether it be speed, takedowns, etc. along with some striking defense.

Donkey’s Pick: River via TKO (Strikes)

I’m going to go venture out into the unknown here and stay that River’s well rounded set of skills on the feet along with his solid grappling will help him find victory in this one. I’m going to need to see Jubbly show progress in his standup, specifically defense, as well as in his ability to get the fight to the ground at will before I can pick him.

Undercard Bout #2: Welterweight

Igor Nox (1-7-0) vs. Thanos Reigns (1-5-0)

Yes! Donkey, another two fighters coming in very well prepared for this fight! This is awesome, apparently the message is starting to get across baby! Nox and Reigns are set to go and that’s great to see, as both very much need to improve their current records which stand at one win a piece…and, well, more than a couple losses. Nox’s morale is slightly low, probably 10% or so, but that shouldn’t have a major impact on the fight.

I’ll be honest Donkey, your pick will be interesting here because I have no idea which way I’d go in this. Both of these fighters have struggled. So much so, that I’m not sure if they have a good feel for “what works for them” at this point. This may be a fight that kicks one guy’s confidence up a bit and maybe starts him on the road back? The other, well, ouch, losing another would be rough.

Nox is well rounded, with reasonable boxing, Muay Thai, wrestling and a blue belt in BJJ. Reigns on the other than has wonderful Muay Thai, a blue belt, but…not much in the way of boxing or wrestling. Which is rough, because you kinda need both of those to compliment the Muay Thai if you want to use it, and certainly, the blue belt doesn’t do much if you don’t have any wrestling ability.

Donkey’s Pick: Nox via TKO (Strikes)

I’m not going to candy coat this one Hare. Nox has at least enough skills across the board that I could see several ways to work the skills together for a win. But Reigns…well…to be truthful, I have to question whether he’s really dedicated to training…and learning for that matter…in the gym? Relatively speaking, he’s falling light years behind with his skills at this point and has only progressed nominally past what a fresh, pimple-faced prospect would have. Demi Lovato is probably going to have to have a heart to heart with poor Thanos about his prospects of pulling off local domination much less universal!

Sean MacCarthy (4-4-0) vs. Andrey Nikonov (3-3-0)

Donkey, I find this hard to believe, but after all this time…after all the information, hints and everything else handed out here at Sucker Punch…MacCarthy is coming into this fight, again, with low morale and lack of preparation. He’s 4-4 in his career, but frankly, it’s a miracle that he is!

Tonight he’ll face off against Andrey Nikonov in the cage. Nikonov is ready to go, and will have the advantage on the feet in both aspects, boxing and the clinch, as well as a Jiu Jitsu advantage on the ground. He’ll also have the advantage in confidence, as we mentioned, and possibly overall strategy as MacCarthy’s manager hasn’t been around for the past five days or so. So you have to figure his energy probably isn’t going to improve before fight time, and it’s already close to 10% off. Nikonov has the green light to go get a win tonight, and he could probably do it standing or on the ground!

I figure we’ll probably give MacCarthy another month to try to clean things up, Donkey. But, given he’s STILL wearing his whities, I don’t know that that’s going to happen.

Over to you Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Nikonov via TKO (Strikes)

I feel like a broken record tonight going for one TKO finish after the other Hare! Nikonov should get this win, definitely. And moving to 3-4 will hopefully give him a ton of confidence and get the ball rolling for him. He’s only 22, so he has plenty of time left. Now it’s time to take hold of that career and really start driving towards success!

Undercard Bout #4: Welterweight

Marka vs. Driver II

Luka Marka (3-1-0) vs. Alex Driver (2-4-0)

Mark and Driver both come into this one ready to go, with Marka fully topped off in all areas and Driver possibly 10% or so low on morale. That shouldn’t be a huge factor.

What might be a huge factor is the test that lies before Alex Driver tonight! He dispatched Thanos Reigns last month, and now has to show he’s ready to step forward to competition that comes in ready to go. Luka Marka is definitely ready to go. Driver and Marka faced each other about three months ago, with the fight ending in the first round via KO on the ground. The hope was that in those three months, Driver’s ground skills and/or takedown defense have improved to the point where he can dictate where the fight takes place and take advantage of his Muay Thai. He has proficient wrestling now, and if his defensive grappling has improved he may be able to use that in combination with his Muay Thai skills in the clinch to do some serious damage!

Luka Marka will be unlikely to veer from his path and prior strategy. He’s going to come out and try to test Driver and see if he can take this fight to the ground again, where he’ll try to lay down the abuse and see if he can make it two KO’s. If that happens, we’ll know that Marka belongs up in the top to face higher level competition, and that Driver may need a chance to step back and see if he can work up from the bottom half of the division over time.

Donkey’s Pick: Marka via KO (Punch)

I do think that Driver’s skills have improved, but I’m not sure if it’s enough yet. We’ll find out! I’m thinking that Marka may be too much on the ground if it gets there though, so Driver’s best shot really is to get this thing into the clinch and and land some punishing abuse there. I’m thinking that at some point though, Marka’s going to get this to the ground and once he does, that sensational wrestling is going to be hard to overcome.

Niki Geo (6-2-0) vs. Baldomir Barbosa (2-2-0)

Our last bout of the Undercard and we’ve got two kids who are ready to get out there and get it on! Geo and Barbosa will make this a fun end to the Undercard fights and have everybody ready to go for the top half of the evening, that I have no doubt about!

Geo is a Muay Thai artist who has nice balance, including strong wrestling to compliment his clinch skills and his respectable boxing. He’s 6-2 after taking a loss last month to Igor Vovchanchyn…no shame there. He has an extensive QFC record, and while he’s shown he can win here in Sucker Punch two fights ago against Buhlshk, he’ll want to reinforce that notion with a win tonight!

What Geo will be looking at across the cage tonight is pretty much a mirror image of himself as he stares into the eyes of Baldomir Barbosa! These two have developed their skills in such a similar fashion it’s almost like they grew up together as twins or something! There is a very good chance this fight comes down to manager strategy and intangibles. Who has their fighter prepared the best, and who has the better game plan going into this? And which of these fighters has what it takes under the hood to follow through and make it happen!?

Donkey’s Pick: Geo via Unanimous Decision

We know Barbosa has some KO power. Outside being strong at a young age, we’re not sure what Geo is hiding as he’s very secretive about things. I expect a war, and I wouldn’t be surprised if this one goes the full three rounds! Let’s get it on and see what these two young warriors have against such equal competition!

Suzy took a conference call with Slick Gunderson and Baldomir Barbosa earlier this week…

Suzy Sucker Punch: Gentlemen, I want to thank both of you so much for taking some time out of a busy schedule as you prepare for the fight this week. I know the fans are excited and this fight should really get things going for the evening, it’s one of the ones people are looking forward to as the evening progresses. Any thoughts on where you think things might go inside the cage?

Slick Gunderson: Suzy, I don't have much to say because frankly there isn't much to say. We're facing one of the most boring fighters in all of Sucker Punch. This guy has won six fights and literally no one cares. Geo walks out of the tunnel for a fight and you can hear a rat piss on cotton. His nickname should be "The human bathroom break." Let me make this real simple for you, Suzy. There are two outcomes for this fight - either Baldo wins in spectacular fashion or Geo snores everyone into oblivion. For that reason, I personally have instructed Baldo to rip that afro off Geo's head and make him famous. Hell, maybe Baldo will wear it the next time he services Mrs. Sportspower at that dingy Motel 6 she likes in London.

Baldomir Barbosa: I'm Mr. Sportspower now. She said so.

Suzy Sucker Punch: Wow guys, well, if there wasn’t any bad blood before now between these camps, and honestly, I hadn’t heard of any, there certainly will be after tonight!

Main Card Bout #1: Featherweight

Ramon Rabbit (5-3-0) vs. Michael Aalto (2-0-0)

We move into the Main Card here and this fight should not disappoint at all, Donkey! Just about even in height, with Rabbit having maybe the slight edge by a centimeter or two and weighing in almost exactly the same, there shouldn’t really be a physical edge either way here, at least, not in frame size. What they bring to the table is another matter!

Rabbit is all standup, all day. He has remarkable boxing, exceptional Muay Thai and proficient wrestling to compliment all that. What he doesn’t have is Jiu Jitsu skills, which is why he’s been subbed out twice in his career. His official record is 5-3, but in MMA it’s 2-2 and that’s how those two losses have come about. What he can do is stand and dance with you, and if you can’t or don’t take him to the ground, you’re in for a rough night!

Aalto has respectable skills across the board with his standup and wrestling, but really tops it all off with a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu! Since leaving the grappling only world, he’s had a QFC win and then, last month with his Sucker Punch debut, a win over Akara Kongsangchai, which was a nice statement maker upon his arrival with us! He’s a fast learner who has a granite chin, which lets him take some abuse in order to get that takedown. Once he’s got that, you’re in a world of trouble! Tonight, that chin may very well be tested to the max by Ramon Rabbit!

Donkey, thoughts here…?

Donkey’s Pick: Aalto via Submission (Kimura)

This is the first truly difficult choice to make tonight, Hare! You’ve got your classic striker vs. grappler match going on here, and both with formidable skills! If it weren’t for Rabbit’s prior two losses on the ground, I’d want to go with those standup skills of his. But, if he hasn’t improved his takedown defense, or his transitions/escapes/grappling D, whichever was most needed, then this could be a bad night for him. Whoever wins this though makes a huge statement and will be settings themselves up for talks about where they belong up top!

Main Card Bout #2: Welterweight

Igor Vovchanchyn (2-2-1) vs. Kribbson Johansson (3-1-1)

This next contest is one that will determine our Top Contender for October. Vovchanchyn is a beast who has only lost to our current champion since being here at Sucker Punch, and also a draw with a very tough Red Crow who just about became Top Contender this month coming up! Johansson is also a big time talent, having lost to Red Crow early on in his first fight with Sucker Punch, but since then having beaten both Rebel Sith and Chaz Campbell, both considered to be in the top of the division!

Johansson is an exceptional boxer with solid skills across the board. Vovchanchyn is a threat both on the feet, especially with his Muay Thai skills, as well as on the ground with a brown belt and an ability to finish via submission.

I’m going to be flat out straight with you here Donkey, I can’t say that this fight will last forever, but I also can’t tell you that it won’t go the distance. There is so much unknown and so many variables on what could happen in this fight, it’s crazy. What I do know, is I wouldn’t be surprised if this fight holds one of the “of the Night” awards in it! I expect fireworks that will get the crowd on their feet and have Sydney rocking!

Donkey’s Pick: Vovchanchyn via Submission (Armbar)

Well, the picks certainly are NOT getting any easier as we go here. Wow. You’re right, this fight is a tough one that could go in lots of directions. Two talented fighters and I don’t know that either has faced somebody quite like the other yet! Here’s what I don’t think happens…I don’t think that Vovchanchyn purposely keeps this on the feet tonight. I’m not saying he’ll definitely get it to the ground, or not be able to hold his own on the feet, but I’m saying that given the choice, he’d probably rather have this on the ground where he has a definitive advantage. Now…the question is…can he do that before getting tagged with a big shot…or, even more from the other angle, can Johansson deliver that big shot without taking one himself?!? My, this is going to be a fun one Hare!

Veidt vs. Nagashima II

Andy Veidt (6-2-0) vs. Kaoru Nagashima (3-1-0)

This night just keeps building, getting more and more intense with each and every fight as we move on from that last fight in the Undercard and now make our way through a few of the Main Card matches! This one is a crazy good one…and I don’t just say that due to the nutso look in Nagashima’s eyes!...and I just cannot wait to see it!

Veidt has been waiting for this night for an entire month and change. A month since he had a shot to win the title and be our first Featherweight Champion, but instead, let that opportunity slip away and into the hands of Count Dankula back on July 25th. There is zero doubt in my mind that he’s been laser focused in camp, sights dead set on coming back with a vengeance and starting the work that has to be done to get his next opportunity.

Standing in his way tonight is ole crazy eyes himself, Kaoru Nagashima, who also has aspirations to be at the top of this division! Nagashima is 3-1 and has won his last two fights via submission, first over Bruce Wayne two fights back and then against an extremely dangerous Ramon Rabbit, who he took down and finally finished in the second round. He’s won three times now here at Sucker Punch, all via submission. You know which one he didn’t win? A second round contest in the Sucker Punch Featherweight Sorter Series…against…yep…Andy Veidt!!!

Andy Veidt and Kaoru Nagashima were both in search of a title shot in the Sorter Series tournament, and ran into each other early! That fight ended in forty-five seconds, with Veidt preventing the takedowns by Nagashima and then countering on another attempt with a right that sent Nagashima tumbling! Nagashima’s camp might tell you that that was a lucky punch, that it was a “striker’s chance”, that it won’t happen again! More importantly, no doubt they’ll tell you that it WILL NOT HAPPEN TONIGHT. Andy Veidt’s camp may have something different to say about that!

So, big questions Donkey…who can impose their will…who can put, or keep this fight where they want it…and, WHO, Donkey…will win this one…?

Donkey’s Pick: Nagashima via Submission (Armbar)

I’m going to have to flip a coin here Hare! I don’t want to pick this one, I just want to see this one! Some rematches are ho-hum, and just due to convenient positioning and matchmaking, given skills, ranking, age, and such. This one though, boy, this one is a dream come true! There was a lot on the table the last time these two met. And there’s even MORE on the table this time potentially. They’re a little older. They’re a little more skilled than even last time. They’ve both had time to think about what to improve. Veidt is a man possessed after almost being champ. Nagashima has done nothing but win since his only loss, to this same man tonight! I’m going to just be fair here, and go the other way this time and say this sets up an eventual rubber match! Don’t miss this one folks, because whoever wins it is probably going to be going for the title sooner rather than later!

Co-Main Event

Featherweight Bout

Antsa vs. Cobain II

Hiki Antsa (3-1-0) vs. Kurt Cobain (4-1-0)

Our Co-Main Event! Donkey, can you believe that this is finally our Co-Main Event, after those last four fights we just previewed? Wow. If you haven’t been amped and ready for these last two fights after those four, I don’t know what to do for you, not even a jump start from the 220 socket is going to wake you up! LOL!

Let me just tell you guys flat out…the top of this division for the Featherweights…it’s just stacked man. I mean, every one of our Top 10 could be a contender for the title, it’s that great! Seriously, if there’s a division that’s going to electrify things, it’s this one! And these two…well, the winner of this fight between Antsa and Cobain is going to put their name right there in the basket along with the likes of Veidt, Naga, Rabbit, Aalto and Sparrow when it comes to thumping the chest and saying that they are the best this division has to offer up. And that’s not even mentioned the two who will go at it in the Main Event tonight with the title on the line! Oh, and there are others looking in who are thinking to themselves…”these guys ain’t shit, I can take them, gimme my chance!” I friggin’ love it Donkey!

Ok, ok, ok, that said…let’s see what we’re dealing with here. 3-1 against 4-1. Antsa vs. Cobain. Again. Yes, these two met a couple months back and Antsa came out on top with a submission victory. They’re both right there though, and they both are close on the ladder, and we need to see who’s going to move forward and eventually get their shot!

Antsa has only lost to one other since being here at Sucker Punch…where he’s been his entire career so far. And that one other? Count Dankula, our current champion, in the second round of the Sorter Series tournament! Yes, he’s only lost to the Champ! He’s got a seriously wicked ground game that is driven by his wonderful wrestling, which allows him to pound on you or submit you with his purple belt. Your choice, pick your poison! Defend against the strikes, he’s got your arm boy! Worry about the submission…oh boy, take that and that and that boy!

Cobain only has one loss. It was to Antsa obviously. He’s a nasty hard striker who will abuse you in and out of the clinch! Now…has he improved his ground skills in the past month?!? We’re going to find out! His fights are always spectacular and end in amazing fashion! One way or another, we will NOT be disappointed tonight. If he can land that one that matters tonight, it won’t matter what Antsa’s ground skills are like!

Donkey’s Pick: Cobain via KO (Punch)

This is yet another HUGE, tough fight to pick! Again, two guys, both SO skilled, and both with the ability to dominate in their respective areas. I’m doing the same as earlier on this card, going with the turnaround result that sets up an eventual rubber match, that may not come for a long time, but still makes it super exciting!

Main Event

Featherweight Championship Bout

Count Dankula (4-0-0) vs. Warran Peace (7-2-0)

And here we go Donkey, it’s a scramble baby, a BIG ONE! Oh, wait, it’s not a scramble, but it is a fight for the belt, buddy boy!

Donkey, I was geared up for this big epic fight here man! I was! Peace, a fighter everybody was watching during the Sorter Series, finally up against Dankula! A fight that I would think was going to bring fireworks. Now, yes, Dankula is a hell of a beast, and most probably have him with the odds…and would regardless perhaps…but, he has something going against him here. His manager has gone MIA for about a month now. Not good, and I hope all is ok and well with him in all honesty. But, that does create a heck of an opportunity here for a challenger.

Unfortunately, Warran Peace may have…well, I don’t mean to be cruel here, but ya have to call it like you see it…he may have pissed this big opportunity away. Peace is coming in with ZERO morale. None. That’s going to be almost devastating going up against a fighter like Dankula, manager present or not. And then…we find out Peace hasn’t been training. He’s not in a gym!!! Seriously?!?

So, that being said, yes, Peace will try to do what he does. And that’s take you to the ground, and then brutalize you once there. His ground and pound is some serious shit, normally. But…the question will be, will he even have the confidence and drive to get it to the ground? And if he does, will he have the focus and confidence to keep it there? I’m thinking that may be difficult.

Well Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Dankula via KO (Punch)

It’s a shame, you hate to see a title match work itself out like this. Peace better have his head on a swivel tonight and not lack focus too much, or Dankula is going to remove it from his shoulders for him. You know me Hare, I can’t go with the guy with no morale. This one is Dankula’s, and we have to hope his manager is ok and comes back, otherwise, we’re going to be missing a champion, and that’s just not good.

Great stuff in store for us all tonight folks! The championship fight for the Main Event may be a bit anticlimatic given what we’ve learned, but don’t let that stop you from being all in on this event and the fights on this card, the others leading up to that fight are going to be absolutely off the hook! I can’t wait, Donkey can’t wait, and hopefully you guys can’t either!

And you know the action is anticipated to be hot and heavy when you find out that your card is being covered by the bookies man! I just got word early that apparently Hoolahan Billiard Room is covering the event! Damn man, people gonna be bettin' on this stuff! And no, Sucker Punch had nothing to do with this...Hoolahan is apparently trying to make a name for themselves and is going all out to cover as much action as they can, and we thank them for choosing to cover us! It's a privilege and exciting for sure.

Till then…remember…

• Upvote 5