Sucker Punch Pro Series (Unrestrained) Opens in Sydney

HareRumpler

Sucker-Punch-Fist-Forum.png

Alright folks, here is the updated list of Middleweight rankings! The Lightweights will be coming soon, but we have more of those left to fight this month than we did the Middleweights for now.

As I've said every time, I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I do put a lot of effort in when looking at the fighters in the divisions. Don't agree? Let's Sucker Punch for it! Haha.

I'm posting them here, but the current rankings for each division as they are established will always be available here: http://www.mmatycoon...=65096&p=910173

Enjoy!

SP-Rankings-185-20200916.png

Middleweights unranked outside the Top 10 at this time, but on the bubble: Jin Yi / Kiryu Kazuma / Luke Glanton / Jim Beam / Bill Sherman / Ibrahim Volkov

Also unranked outside the Top 10 at this time: Ivan Smirnov / Gancho Ganevski / Viktor Reznov / Angenor De Oliveira / Edward Mills / Sean Smith / Brendan Moker / Andy Hughes / Alex Maniatakos

• Upvote 6

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1599334367SPPS_Poster_9.png

Post Event Cheap Shots

Sucker Punch Pro Series 9

Howdy Sucker Punch fans! We are back after a fantastic night of action a couple ago, and let me apologize in advance for this taking a couple days to get out. Been busy around the Rumpler household the past two days and other stuff was demanding my attention, but here we go, a chance to look back at all the fun from Sucker Punch Pro Series 9 at the Bondi Outdoor Arena in Sydney!

I’m Hare Rumpler with my partner and analyst, Donkey “Dan” and Suzy Sucker Punch, our fabulous media correspondent! We thank you all for joining us, and most of all, we thank all our great managers and fighters for making yet another crazy good event happen! I think this one may have been our second or potentially third highest rated event to date!

I already talked about the action that was in store when we went through things in the preview. So….in the interest of getting to the fun, I say we skip all that mumbo-jumbo and get right to the good stuff, eh Donkey? Let’s do it, right after a word or two about our sponsor and merchandise partner!

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1584375781SWN.jpg

Shadow Warrior Nutrition always sets us up brilliantly at these events, dishing out the samples and generally creating a party atmosphere with the swag and games and general craziness they bring all around the concourse! For those who want their boys to come prepared with the best training possible, these are the guys to visit! Their Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q is the best energy loss reduction supplement money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting! Check them out today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Heavyweight

Kingston Wall Defeats Demon Mask via TKO (Strikes)

Our prediction for a great fight to start out the evening proved out to be on point there Donkey! And with Mask making his MMA debut, we also got a look into the inner workings of that Demon’s mind and how he might go about his business.

Early in the first, Demon took this thing to the ground, so we immediately found out that he intends to try to utilize his strong wrestling and purple belt in BJJ. These two, both having similar ground skills, went back and forth with reversals for much of the opening round, with a couple of sub attempts sprinkled in by Kingston Wall. Wall won the round by virtue of staying more active and aggressive along with getting the better of the exchanges in the first thirty seconds of the fight when they were boxing.

In the second, Mask again took matters to the ground immediately from the bell. Wall was the one to make the submission attempts from the bottom though, three in a row during the third minute of action. Eventually, as the action stalled, the ref stood things up and the last minute and a half was spent boxing, with Wall once again being the more aggressive and scoring points with the judges to take the round.

The third round started much like the first, with the action staying on the feet, and within the first thirty seconds or so Wall was able to get to Mask with his spot on striking, first catching Mask with an uppercut that left him bleeding, and then following it up with a left that rocked Mask on his feet and left him wobbling around like a weeble wobble! Less than a minute later, Wall was able to deliver a big right that sent Mask to the ground, and after being stood back up unleashed an assault that had the ref jumping in to save Mask.

What did you think of that for an opener Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

I think that makes me one for one on the night with a perfect call Hare, that’s what I think! Mask seemed to be a little lost on what he wanted to do and how he wanted to do it in this one. He spent a lot of time attempting takedowns, but once there didn’t really seem to have much of an aggressive plan in place with a sight line on how to win the fight. He spent time attempting to improve position a bit, and maybe that was the issues, perhaps Wall just kept him from ever getting into the right spot for his attack? Either way, he was more or less riding the fight out and never really ramped up any offense. Wall on the other hand had precise striking in standup and when on the ground used his wrestling to improve position when he could and went for the subs when he thought they were there, although not being able to land them. Either way, he was going to win this via decision even if he didn’t get the TKO. A nice comeback win after his first loss.

Undercard Bout #2: Middleweight

Viktor Reznov Defeats Brendan Moker via Submission (Kimura)

What we thought was going to be a tough fight to call turned into a complete and total one-sided affair between Reznov and Moker! We’ll never know if Moker intended to come out aggressive, risking a takedown due to it, or sit back and let Reznov come to him and counter…because the bell rang, and Reznov immediately got it to the ground.

From there, this thing was all Reznov, all night! Moker didn’t want to be on the ground, but there was nothing he could do about it…and seemingly, not much he tried to do about it either. He literally offered zero resistance. No strikes thrown, no position improvements attempted, nothing. He basically layed there and let Reznov pound the crap out of him to the tune of 26 for 26 in strikes on the ground, with submissions thrown in in between for good measure until Moker finally just played dead and Reznov slapped on the kimura!

To be fair, it seemed like Moker wanted to escape and defend against the strikes, but there really just didn’t seem like much he could do about it. This was about as lopsided affair as you’ll ever get, which is crazy, because “on paper” this should have been a great, spirited fight. Well, that’s why you don’t fight them “on paper” folks!

Got anything for us Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

That white belt in BJJ really reared its ugly head her for Moker as he got manhandled on the ground. Reznov caught him off-guard with a very fast, very early takedown attempt, although I can’t imagine why that would catch Moker by surprise, as we all knew it was coming. Beyond that, you said it all, Reznov dominated, Moker did his best impression of a practice dummy. I don’t mean to be…well, mean…but that’s just the truth of it all. For a young fighter, Reznov is doing well for himself and setting himself up for a great run over the long term, with a gleaming 7-0 record now!

Undercard Bout #3: Middleweight

Toth Orion Defeats Gancho Ganevski via KO (Punch)

Welp, this one makes you 2-1 on the night there Donkey! Another nice call here as you correctly picked Orion to come out on top!

Ganevski came into this fight with low morale and we were certain that would factor into things as this fight played itself out. Combine that lack of confidence with an unimaginable sixty-eight, yes you read that correctly, SIXTY-EIGHT!...clinch attempts, and Ganevski gassed himself out in this one. It’s honestly amazing that this thing went three rounds!

While Ganevski was intent upon getting into the clinch, he wasn’t particularly effective there. He landed a couple shots to the head, but other than that, really wasn’t able to get much going. He did attempt to get to the ground from the clinch, but when he finally did it was Orion who showed he could get more done on the ground, landing five for five with his strikes.

Ultimately, Orion was much more aggressive striking on the feet from distance though, with Ganevski not offering up much outside combinations that weren’t landing, again, gassing him further. In the end, that’s how things played out, with Ganevski lacking the confidence to get proper results with his attack and ultimately his fatigue led to a beauty of a shot from Orion that turned the lights out on Ganevski’s chances to win this fight!

Over to you Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Morale and energy. Energy and morale. I talk about them all the time and how important they are. Tonight, this was the only fight on the card that had one of the two fighters coming in low in either area. And sure enough, that fighter walks away with a loss. Coincidence? Nope. I don’t think so! Orion certainly won’t walk away from an opportunity to improve to 2-2 though, evening up his record and getting himself in position to potentially string a couple together. Ganevski will need to refocus and come prepared going forward, or history will repeat!

Undercard Bout #4: Heavyweight

Sith Rebel Defeats Rick Hatton via TKO (Cut)

This was going to be a big test for the young Hatton against a very talented Sith Rebel. What we didn’t expect was for the old concern of those cuts to go ahead and raise its ugly head again.

Rebel did what that naughty Rebel does…which is take you down and start to inflict pain! Right out of the bell he was able to get an immediate takedown, which put Hatton in a bad spot right off the bat. And then the elbows started. First elbow…cut! Then the shots and elbows began in earnest. The cut gets worse! Rebel was going to the move of standing up over Hatton and dropping bombs repeatedly, rude I say Donkey! Just R-U-D-E!

Another couple elbows and that cut was just painting the mat! The ref did the smart thing before serious long term damage set in and called in the doc…who much to Hatton’s dismay waived this thing as over!

A nasty, disgusting way to get taken out, but even without the cut Hatton was in a bad spot and Rebel was really implementing his game plan with full joy and abandon.

So, what do you say Donkey...?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Well, Hatton sure got a healthy dose of having his britches taken down and getting spanked by Rebel there. But this was a great challenge for him, and will definitely give him some things to take away and work on which will only strengthen his game going forward, and when it comes time for him to make a move for the top he’ll be better prepared. For Sith, he continues to impress and take care of business when he should, even against good quality up and comers. He goes to 4-1, and at only 20 years of age will only continue to position himself well!

Undercard Bout #5: Heavyweight

Callum Neenan Defeats Bubba Henderson via KO (Punches)

Dannnnng! You really nailed this call there Donkey!!! Quite the call, not just the victor, but via KO Punch!

This one went a whole whopping twenty-eight seconds folks. At first they came out of the bell, both firing away with enthusiasm and trading misses and landing counters. Then, Henderson did attempt to take this to the ground, which we anticipated would be his one method of potentially gaining an advantage in this fight. Unfortunately, he wasn’t able to get it there, with Neenan denying the effort.

The crowd really knew this was going to get interesting quickly when this next shot happened…!

Neenan feints a straight left to the body, then turns around with a flashy move and hits Henderson’s jaw with a dramatic spinning back fist!

Now that one really got the crowd going Donkey! Folks were on their feet expecting something big, and just seconds later they got it as Henderson moved in and right into a big right straight down the pipe from Neenan, dropping him and leading to some big shots to end this thing!

What else do you have there Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Neenan has heavy hands, we noted that in the preview, and he sure put them on display in this one! Henderson, contrary to his bio insinuating that he’s about as bright as your common garden rock, did try to do the smart thing. Unfortunately for him, Neenan was up to the task of preventing the takedown and was able to capitalize on his superior boxing. Bubba will go back to the drawing board…and perhaps study up and figure out what to adjust…or not. And Neenan, well, he gets a big, quick win and moves to a very solid 4-1 which will certainly help him in the quest to climb that ladder!

Main Card Bout #1: Middleweight

Wilfred Ainsworth Defeats Jim Beam via TKO (Strikes)

Well, another that you pegged right on the nose there Donkey! Wow, on a roll man!

Beam will be disappointed in this loss as the fight was meant to be a measuring stick for him and I know his manager was looking at these last few fights very closely. Likely he’ll be looking for a big bounce back next fight or questions may be asked that are uncomfortable to say the least.

Beam tried to do what he does and get this fight to the ground. Once with a traditional takedown and then a few times from the clinch. He was unable to do it, with Ainsworth showing fantastic defense to hold him off and dictate that the fight would stay on the feet. In a bid to move to the clinch and then potentially get this fight to the ground from there, Beam made what may have been a crucial error because once in the clinch he was unable to follow through on getting it to the ground. And it left him at the mercy of Ainsworth who exploited the position to best advantage.

Back on their feet after Beam jumped guard but fell on his butt, Ainsworth continued the assault, with Beam fairly offering a few return shots of his own. Ainsworth’s shots were landing hard though, and when he came over with a big right it was just the shot he needed to drop Beam and let him hop aboard to deliver a flurry of strikes for the finish!

Donkey, what did you see…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Beam and his manager came into this fight confident that they were going to show Ainsworth what a real fighter was. Unfortunately, at least on this night, they weren’t up to that task and Ainsworth was able to add Beam to his resume as he moves to 4-0! With Hirst turning down the opportunity at this time to take on Machado for the title, it opens the door for Ainsworth to step in and next month he’ll face the biggest challenge of his life in pursuit of the belt, gold, and glory!

Down cage side, Suzy was there as Yamashita Craven was waiting for his defeated Beam to exit the cage, so she got a few seconds to speak with him…

Suzy Sucker Punch: I know this is not the result you guys were looking for out there tonight, Mr. Craven. Do you feel there was any issue with the strategy, or was it just one of those nights?

Yamashita Craven: Well, I have to say I'm surprised. Our game plan was solid and worked well, but Ainsworth was too strong for Jim to take him down, and was a little better in his strong game. Ainsworth had a seriously good chin/KO power, while Jim seems to be the opposite. Props to a good fight. I bet this guy will be the division champion in time.

Suzy Sucker Punch: Quality respect for a well fought fight and good opponent. We love that as much as we love the trash-talking around here, we look forward to seeing Jim back in the cage again next month, good luck on the upcoming training and camp Mr. Craven!

Main Card Bout #2: Middleweight

Nyah Hirst Defeats Longsun Zhao via TKO (Strikes)

And yet another, ANOTHER one, that you called right on the button there Donkey! For a card you said was going to be tough across the board, you were dialed in and in a zone it seems with the predictions!

The young Hirst continues his upward trajectory with another big win against a top tier opponent, defeating Zhao in the first round and moving to a fantastic 4-0. Technically he put himself in position for a title shot with this win, but has instead decided he still needs a little bit of development time and a chance to refine his skills just a tad more before taking that shot.

Zhao spent a good portion of this match, for what period of time it lasted, attempting to get into the clinch, and, when not able to do that, trying to land a huge head kick to end it in highlight reel fashion if he could land it. Unfortunately for him, he was not able to land those kicks, with Hirst able to avoid and was only able to clinch up once, which he used to attempt to move to the ground and pull guard. He was unsuccessful in that endeavor and it allowed Hirst to escape back to box once more.

Hirst didn’t land a ton of shots in this one, but the ones he did land landed with authority! He was countering with powerful shots that landed and hurt each time, with the final one coming at just under two minutes in the first, a huge left right combo that dropped Zhao and allowed Hirst the opportunity to pounce in and finish it on the ground!

Donkey, what do you have there…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Longsun Zhao has the more varied skillset, and if he takes this to the ground, he may very well pull off the win! But, I suspect he may get stubborn and try to prove he can do it on the feet in this one, and that will be a dangerous venture.” Certainly this turned out to reflect that prediction right there from the preview, huh Hare? Hirst had the advantage on the feet and, to be fair, that prediction wasn’t entirely accurate. Zhao didn’t exactly get stubborn, he simply was held off by Hirst when he attempted to get it to the ground. The end result was still the same though, a dangerous venture so long as this stayed on the feet, and Hirst was able to demonstrate just why that is the case!

Main Card Bout #3: Lightweight

Vinicius Verreira Defeats Rudy Giuliani via TKO (Strikes)

We weren’t sure if Verreira’s tactics last month in his title fight, where he finally showed flashes of a ground game that he’s been hiding and refusing to use up to that point, was a sign of things to come in this fight or not. We got our answer…not. He returned to his bread and butter approach for this fight using his boxing and clinch skills to inflict damage, wear Giuliani down and eventually set up the finishing shots.

Early on this fight moved into the clinch for quite a bit of the fight. Once there, Verreira was definitely the aggressor and was also landing shots at about a two to one clip against Giuliani, who was getting his shots in, but just not at the same rate that Verreira was. Once Verreira had him softened up enough in the first round, the second round presented the opportunity to get back to boxing, and it only took that one key shot to finally stop Giuliani in his tracks, something that multiple other shots had failed to do up to that point, with Giuliani showing quite a bit of resiliency up to that point!

This fight definitely sets Verreira up to be a force to be reckoned with…and if you want a shot at the champ above him, you’re going to have to go through Verreira. He’s positioned well to make a rematch run at the title, and barring another strong challenger coming any time soon, he may very well be getting that shot again sooner rather than later!

Donkey, what can you add…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Giulani definitely handled himself well in this fight against one of the top two or three fighters in the division currently. That bodes well for his future, despite sending him to 6-5 and hovering just above .500. I expect we’re going to be seeing him climbing the ranks now as he establishes himself on the ladder and begins his climb! For Verreira, he keeps showing us that he’s a dangerous man and one to never be taken lightly!

Co-Main Event

Middleweight Bout

Tyrion Lannister Defeats Bill Sherman via Submission (Guillotine)

With two new managers in charge of both of these fighters, it was going to be interesting to see if the strategies and tactics changed or if the skillsets of these fighters dictated a continuation of the same or similar style and approach.

For Sherman, the answer was definitely the former. Whereas he had never used the clinch before, preferring to rely upon his boxing despite being a skilled Muay Thai artist, this fight saw him spending the first minute moving in and out of the clinch. While doing so, his attack was focused on using his feet from range, going for some head kicks, and when in the clinch, using some knees to the body. He landed a couple, but other than that, seemed to be more focused on a constantly shifting approach of in and out of the clinch frequently. Overall, one might question how effective that was.

In the meantime, Lannister was back to his old ways, despite the new manager and was busy trying to get this thing to the ground where he had a true and strong advantage. He failed over the course of the first minute and more than a few attempts, but then just before the minute mark found a way and got down into half guard. And you know what comes next if you know anything about Lannister, and that’s him grabbing anything he can and trying to twist on it!

Lannister’s first sub attempt was fought off by Sherman, but once Lannister was able to move into mount things went from dangerous to just flat out really bad for Sherman! It wasn’t long before Lannister got another opportunity, and this time he was locking in the guillotine for the win!

Donkey, you have a call here…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Hare, it was definitely interesting to see the two different approaches for new management of these fighters. One stuck with the tried and true, and got the win, the other changed some things up, but you darn well have to respect that manager for going out there and trying to make this fighter his own, strategizing with Sherman and making him aware that things were going to be run differently. Now, the strategy didn’t pay off, this time, but the concept is solid and it’s obvious there was thought and effort put into changing things. So this was not a cookie-cutter, just go with the flow thing. I can respect that and expect bigger things as this fighter and manager grow together. For Lannister, this is a big win for the new manager and shows that Lannister is going to remain in position to be considered one of the top fighters in the division, and in line for contender shots. I’m excited to watch both in the next couple months!

Main Event

Lightweight Championship Bout

Frankie Logan vs. Frank Diaz

Ok Donkey, and we’re off with the Main Event of the evening, our title fight for the Sucker Punch Pro Series Lightweight Championship! Frankie Logan was back looking for a first official defense of his title against very talented and tough challenger Frank Diaz. Now, Diaz did come in with the disadvantage of being without his manager who has been MIA for a bit now. But still a tough competitor, and one with a strategy from his last fight that would be an appropriate one against Logan as well, this was no gimme for Logan! And that certainly proved true as this fight went well into the third round!

To get things kicked off, our very own Juice Fluffer headed into the cage with these two kids and this is how the intro went down ladies and gents…

3d8a168f5f8ff8e520307ef15bdabf4c.png

Juice Fluffer enters the cage…

“Ladies and gentlemen…this is the Maaaain Event of the evening!”

“The judges for this bout are Steve Erwin, Chris Dean and Ben Watson.”

“Our sponsor for this event is Shadow Warrior Nutrition.”

“Annnnnnnd Now! The moment Sucker Punch Pro Series fans around the world have been waiting for!”

“LIVE!, from The Bondi Outdoor Arena in Sydney, Australia…”

“Iiiiit’s TIME! FIVE rounds for the Undisputed Sucker Punch Pro Series Lightweight Championship of the World!”

“Introducing first… to my right, fighting out of the blue corner. With a professional record of EIGHT wins, one loss and NO draws, he stands 185 centimeters tall, weighing in at 155 and a half pounds and 20 years of age, from Stockholm, Sweden and fighting out of Amsterdam, Netherlands …the CHALLENGER and TOP CONTENDER in the Sucker Punch Pro Series Lightweight Division, Fraaaaaaaannnnk….DIIIIIIIAZZZZZ!!!

“And now introducing…to my right, fighting out of the red corner. With a professional record of FOUR wins, one loss and NO draws, he stands 178 centimeters tall, weighing in at 153 pounds and 21 years of age, fighting out of your home town Sydney, Australia and hailing from Falkirk, Scotland…the REIGNING, DEFENDING, UNNNNNDISPUTED Sucker Punch Pro Series Lightweight Champion of the World, Fraaaaaankieeee…“THE Scotch Kiiiiiiiss”…LOOOOOOOOGANNNNN!!!

And we were off Donkey! Time to let these two figure it out in the cage, no more talking, no more glaring, just down and out fighting baby!

Now, I’m not going to go through this fight round by round for you and the folks out there Donkey…frankly, they can check out the fight play by play and review if they want that…but I want to touch on some key areas and points of the fight and what each tried to get done, as this thing went a solid three rounds and that, right there, is a hell of a fight for two big time combatants who don’t take it to a decision, instead finding a finish midway through the third. That tells you that these two were in a war! And the crowd got a treat! Yeah, the fight rating didn’t reflect it, but this is one of those fights without the big flash early, without the fast highlight knockout or submission, so some with short attention spans may not like it, but the hardcore Sucker Punch fans out there did, and that’s what held up the rating and made it a 51% split!

Logan got tested on the ground man! Diaz was intent upon trying to take this thing down to the floor and work on that ground and pound of his! So much so, that he went for over twenty-two takedowns in this fight. He didn’t land many of them, and I think that cost him a lot of energy, although to his credit he didn’t gas out…boy he must have some cardio on him!...but the ones he did get, three in fact…he made the best of! Diaz was brutal on the ground, landing twenty of his twenty-seven strikes and even throwing in a handful of submission attempts while down there. This was certainly NOT the position that Frankie wanted to be in, taking that abuse.

However, from Logan’s end of things, he did a great job of holding positions, fending off what he could of Diaz’s attack, and most importantly, not getting caught with a nasty submission while down there. Kudos to him for one hell of a gutsy effort on the ground, as many guys would have folded under those shots! He was even able to escape the ground midway through the fourth minute of the fight to get back to the feet and get back to what makes him successful, striking in or out of the clinch!

When on the feet, Frankie was his normal dangerous self. And again, credit, even after taking all that abuse, he showed what the heart of a champion is by not having his confidence diminished, no, this man came roaring back, intent upon dishing out an equally deserved amount of punishment in return! He was landing shots to the head at close to a perfect clip, same with the body, even a combination was thrown in and some good kicks, spreading those between the head and body as well. On the feet, the tables were definitely turned in Logan’s favor, and as he was able to keep it there to start the second round Diaz went from the driver’s seat to needing to find a way to escape the striking attack!

Just after the two minute mark in the second, this big one landed…and ladies and gentlemen, you know what comes next from Juice Fluffer after that…!

That's two minutes gone in the round. Diaz gets clipped by a big right hand and goes down spinning to the canvas! Logan gets the back mount and begins to drop bombs on his rocked foe! Diaz is too out of it to defend against the strikes and the referee jumps in to save him from the beatdown!

Juice Fluffer enters as the referee has both fighters in the middle of the cage…

“Ladies and gentlemen, after two minutes and seven seconds of the third round, the referee has called a stop to this fight…”

“Declaring the winner…by way of a Technical Knockout…ANNNNNNDDDD STILLLLLLL…Sucker Punch Pro Series…Undisputed…Lightweight Champion of the World… Fraaaaaankieeee…“THE Scotch Kiiiiiiiss”…LOOOOOOOOGANNNNN!!!

HE DID IT DONKEY!!! HE DID IT! Logan has successfully defended his belt and man, against one tough cookie out there in Diaz! This is one to be proud of, this was a war, this was a gut check fight my man, there is nothing less that you can say about it than that!

You have anything else buddy…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

I think you covered it Hare! That was a great fight, very exciting, and this is what champions are all about…taking the challenge straight to the chin, and finding a way to gut it out and come through in the end! Diaz is a beast, and with his manager present, maybe…just maybe…it might have come down different? He certainly was having success on the ground. But Frankie is your Champion for a reason, because on this night, he took the best Diaz had, absorbed the punishment and pain, and then came back strong and determined, showing the heart of a champion and the fight of a true warrior! Congrats to Frankie Logan…AND STILL!

Following Sucker Punch Pro Series 9, where Lightweight Rey Bargos was sitting in the front row during the event, Rey made his way to the back and momentarily spoke to Suzy Sucker Punch and the other media before lightweight Champion Frankie Logan took the podium…

Suzy Sucker Punch: Rey, you weren't booked tonight but made the trip from the United States for this event. What brought you to see this event live?

Rey Bargos: I wanted a look at the guys in the main event up close.

Tycoon Times Correspondent: Are you happy with the outcome? You and Frankie have met in the past.

Rey Bargos: I have a ton of love and respect for Logan and his management team. He took a decision win over me so I obviously want that one back and that title he has is definitely a goal of mine. I was rooting for him to win definitely.

Suzy Sucker Punch: Rey, you’ve spoke out against Frank Diaz in the past. You’ve said he was all hype and now he's lost and rumor is his management team wasn't with him tonight, which Hare and Donkey were able to confirm. If that's true we may not see him in the future are you happy with that?

Rey Bargos: Whether or not he fights again doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is he came into this company with a ton of hype. Company officials were asking if anyone would fight him and made this big to do about him. I contacted Sucker Punch management before my Bobolo fight and said I'd fight him. I have teammates in WCF, Diaz's former promotion. His wins were loaded with inexperienced guys. Even his debut win here against Cole was lopsided. The bottom line is I want to be the man that beats Frankie Logan for that belt and I am happy that he beat an over hyped Diaz. Every time Frankie Logan finishes someone all it does is make me look good because he couldn't tap me or nap me. Keep winning Frankie and I'll bust my ass to do the same and hopefully down the road we meet again.

With that Rey steps aside and welcomes Logan to the podium along with his manager, P J Jones…

Suzy Sucker Punch: Frankie, Mr. Jones, what a heck of a performance and gutsy showing for Frankie to go in there against a tough opponent, and walk out still the champion! You guys must be happy with the final result I’d imagine?

P J Jones: We knew Diaz’s only path was spamming TD's and using his wrestling to ground and pound. Unfortunately we couldn’t prevent the TD's, as he has very good TD's and nasty G&P. But we found a way Suzy! Frankie is here for the long game and the heart he showed today shows he has a future I believe.

Frankie Logan: How ya fooking like that :-). Frustrating fight but you watch next time......

Suzy Sucker Punch: Well, congratulations guys, getting it done is what matters, and Frankie got it done! And oooh, a cool sneak hint to something up their sleeves for next time? We can’t wait in Sucker Punch Land!

So there we have it Sucker Punch fans!

A big card for us with huge fights and tons of great action folks! That was a fun one, and again, I apologize that this came out so late after the fights. Life intervenes sometimes, but we do what we can! I hope you all enjoyed this card, if you haven’t looked back on any of it, hopefully this review gives you reason and you can see some of the great performances these warriors put on for us! I’m happy to have been a part of it, and we’ll see you next time folks!

Till then…remember…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+ style!

• Upvote 11

Sucker-Punch-Fist-Forum.png

Alright folks, here is the updated list of Lightweight rankings! We're honestly only about halfway through the majority of the fights for the Lightweights this month, so another update for these will likely be coming out after all the fights on the 26th.

Same disclaimer as always, I do my best, I ain't perfect...so don't like these rankings and where they have your guy? Come on over here and bitch about it for all to see and we can throat punch each other over why we think the other is full of shit! LOL!

I'm posting them here, but the current rankings for each division as they are established will always be available here: http://www.mmatycoon...=65096&p=910173

Enjoy!

SP-Rankings-155-20200918.png

Featherweights unranked outside the Top 10 at this time, but on the bubble: Rudy Giuliani / Frank Carey / Tua Graves / Corona Virus

Also unranked outside the Top 10 at this time: Bobolo Jubbly / Cole Hotman / Robin Van Doen / Kira Yoshikage / Montesh Dominguez / Ko Artist / Waampa Woodoo

• Upvote 5

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1600099137SPPS_Poster_10.png

Sucker Punch Preview

Sucker Punch Pro Series 10

Hey Sucker Punch fans! A quick turnaround of content here today as we bounce from the review of SPPS 9 right on over here as we prepare to look at tonight’s upcoming Sucker Punch Pro Series 10! As always, I’m Hare Rumpler with my partner and analyst Donkey “Dan”. Suzy Sucker Punch, our media correspondent, is also standing by to field comments and other fun extras for you guys as well! The Bondi Outdoor Arena in Sydney will be bouncing yet again this week as we bring the excitement and energy that only you guys here at Sucker Punch can provide!

Before we move on…I need to take one moment, I need to discuss something that’s really been bothering me folks…and you know what that is? It’s the lack of cheap, downright dirty, underhanded shots as of late in our fights! C’mon people, we don’t call this Sucker Punch for no good reason! So…here’s what’s going to happen. Because you know, contrary to what I may personally believe, I am not perfect and can miss things as I work through the load of stuff each week. So…here’s what’s up…if a cheap shot happens in a fight, hell, even if it’s somewhat questionable, I’ll roll with that too…and you notice it and bring it to me, I’m handing out bonuses! Find one before I put out a Post Event Review? Send it over to me! 2k, bam, that easy! Find one after the fact that I missed, but after we’ve put out the review, 1k, boom! Got one that may be questionable, but given context or whatever else makes it an interesting note from the play by play action…hell, send it over, 1k bonus! And so long as somebody hasn’t already publicly announced one of these (please mail them to me to keep it fun for others too!), yes, I will pay out multiple bonuses to multiple managers for the same item if they’ve been mailed to me. If you’re willing to keep an eye open, I’m willing to pay! This does NOT just apply for tonight, I will do this going forward for each event!

Now, we have a ton of action in store for tonight, so let’s get to it! Opening up the evening we have two sparring bouts on hand with a few folks testing out some new blood as they prepare for the GONY tournament we’ve been hearing so much about! These guys will fight at the intended Light Heavyweight class rather than the normal 265+ open weight we usually use for our sparring bouts. After those are finished, we have a big batch of the BIG BOYS coming at you this evening, with a sprinkling of smaller bodies thrown in in the form of an Undercard Featherweight fight and a Middleweight contest up in the Main Card! The big, and I mean BIG for several reasons, fight of the night will be the final Heavyweight bout, as it’s a battle for the Sucker Punch Pro Series Heavyweight Championship, with Thoth Chontamenti defending his title and belt against a very formidable ZaDarius Haden! All that’s coming at you tonight folks, so let’s hear from our sponsor and merchandise partner and then get to the good stuff!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1584375781SWN.jpg

Do you find that you’re resting your fighters too often? Two, three, maybe even 4 times a week sometimes? If that’s the case, you’re probably not supplementing their training, and if you are I’m thinking you’re not doing it with Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, which is Shadow Warrior Nutrition’s outstanding energy loss reduction supplement. It’s the best money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting! Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Light Heavyweight Sparring Bout

Pekka Vesuri (0-0-0) vs. Vlad Draculo (0-0-0)

Our opening bout of the evening is your basic, run of the mill sparring bout for these managers to find out what their newest kids may be made of!

Vesuri, managed by Frank Abbott, comes into the cage tonight having spent minimal time being introduced to formal martial arts training. Seems the kid may be a bit of a natural when it comes to Muay Thai and basic grappling though, so we’ll see what intangibles he has on top of that which may, or may not, indicate a bright future for him!

Everybody’s favorite forum troll, Ibrahim Camara, brings his youngest potential prodigy to face off against Vesuri. Vlad Draculo is an imposing figure with a big wrestling base to lean on as he begins to familiarize himself with MMA as a whole. The best thing about this kid is undoubtedly his avatar I’d say Donkey, hahahaha! Apparently he’s fairly quick on the uptake, as he’s got a little hint about being a quick learner going on there, but Camara will clearly want to see more than that in tonight’s tale of the tape.

Being both of these fighters have some foundation in wrestling, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this one on the ground a bit for the three minutes of action they’re scheduled for tonight. However, Vesuri’s wrestling is undoubtedly there to supplement his Muay Thai skills, so don’t be surprised if he attempts to take this thing into the clinch and keep it there for the duration.

Donkey, whatcha got bud…?

Donkey’s Pick: Nope.

Well, I’m not making a pick in this one because, as most know full well by now, I don’t do that for sparring test fights. I do wish both of these managers good fortunes for what they find tonight, and hopefully the kid who loses will keep his chin up, stay focused and not show that he’s a big friggin’ weenie whinger when he loses. Other than that, it’s avoid guys who bleed all over, who like pizza or think learning to moonwalk is more important than learning their ground transitions!

Undercard Bout #2: Light Heavyweight Sparring Bout

Malcolm Black (0-0-0) vs. Hansie Fick (0-0-0)

Our next contest will be a little session between two of Bjorn O'Donnel’s newest additions to his stable of fighters, Malcolm Black and Hansie Fick. Both kids fight under O’Donnel’s supervision over at The Grind in London and it looks like in this case O’Donnel is being sure to bring in a variety of skill sets on his kids in case by chance both of them turn out to have some potential.

Fick has respectable boxing to start out his career, and where most kids have very little clue what to do with themselves on the ground other than hump around and maybe throw a punch when they can, this kid actually comes into his MMA training with a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu. Perhaps this kid is looking to become your next great ground and pounder, dishing out the pain and reveling in other’s suffering as they can’t escape from the abuse on the mat? Maybe!

Across the cage tonight will be Malcolm Black, who while a handful of centimeters shorter than Fick has a Muay Thai background. He also comes with a blue belt in BJJ, something you don’t see every day with kids just starting out in the gym! Being that his primary focus is most likely on striking and standup, you would think that perhaps that belt is there mainly for defense to ensure he can at least attempt some sort of resistance against those nasty ground guys…um, sorta like Fick over there, perhaps?

What do you think Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Once again, not happening.

As I said, I don’t do predictions for the sparring knuckleheads, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have love in my heart for them. Maybe. Or maybe I don’t. Nope, I do, as these kids are the future of the sport, potentially, depending upon what their manager sees in them tonight. He’s going to want to be sure they’ve at least got something good going on under the covers, the potential for knockouts and/or the ability to take a shot and keep coming without crumbling like a giant baby, and perhaps see a bit of heart, pride and drive in their eyes even after a potential loss. Good luck to Bjorn tonight, hope he finds a gem in the rough!

Undercard Bout #3: Heavyweight

Bomb Squad Lighting Hands (2-5-0) vs. Devin Hill (0-2-0)

We move into our actual full fights for the evening with this next match between Lighting Hands and Hill. Hands is coming off a big win last month where he took care of business exactly as he should have, against an unprepared opponent who was primed to take the loss. Now that he’s had a chance to ease back into the life of winning, after starting his career 1-5 and moving to 2-5, he has a chance to face prepared competition in the form of Devin Hill.

Devin Hill comes into this fight wanting, and needing, a win as much as Hands does. He’s 0-2 so far in his career, which he has fully spent fighting here at Sucker Punch to date. He’s lost via both TKO and submission, to Gary Porter and Brian Mcclean respectively. Both of those fights were against guys who wanted to be on the ground, and clearly preventing the takedown is one of the areas Hill needs to improve, if he hasn’t already. Hill has strong boxing and superb Muay Thai, so given the chance to stand and throw, he should be more than ready to do so.

The question is, will he get that chance tonight? Hands won his last fight in a surprise submission move, something we hadn’t seen from him before. We know he has a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu, but up until that last fight we assumed it was purely defensive. Was that a one-off opportunity he took there, or a new direction he’s taking his fighting style? Prior to the last fight, he’s always had a tendency to want to stand and trade. If he does try to take this to the ground, and if he did work on new skillsets there to give himself the option…then it will be that much more important for Hill to have worked on his defense in that area over the past month.

Over to you Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Hands via Submission (Armbar)

While I do suspect that Hill will have worked on his ground skills and defense, I also believe that Hands may be reimagining himself and working on new directions for his attack. If that’s the case, and this goes to the ground, he may secure an advantage, and that is what I think might dictate this fight. If it stays on the feet, this thing swings immediately in Hill’s favor though!

Undercard Bout #4: Featherweight

Alex Kozlovski (5-3-0) vs. Jakob Goulding (6-5-0)

Well Donkey, prepare thyself. For disappointment. But let’s hope that this isn’t a trend that will be continued, but instead will be a one-off and the rest of the card will turn out like this past Wednesday’s card with the rest of the fighters prepared and ready to go. Because these two, well, they aren’t. For Goulding, the situation isn’t horribly bad, he’s about 16% off on morale, which isn’t great but it’s not the end of the world either.

Kozlovski is another matter and I’m not going to lie and tell you that it’s not disappointing for me. It is. He’s off about 33% of his morale and if it hadn’t been for an against the odds win against Jack Reacher last month, he’d be even lower. He’s still wearing his tighty-whities, so there’s been no effort made to improve the situation. And this makes at least three fights in a row where he’s been low on morale, as we only look back on those since he’s been with us at Sucker Punch. He’s going to need to start addressing the situation or his manager is going to be setting this boy up to simply be a hype feeder, losing fights he should be able to win. Sure, he’ll get lucky and win one against the odds here and there, but more often than not he’s going to lose when he very well could have won if he had more confidence.

Both of these gentlemen have defeated Jack Reacher lately in the past few fights; Kozlovski last month and Goulding the month before. Goulding is solely focused on the ground game, with strong Jiu Jitsu skills and the ability to pull a submission out at any time. Kozlovski is more well rounded with a focus on the standup side of things as he has strong boxing and respectable wrestling. When he defeated Reacher, it was via a combination of action in and out of the clinch. But while he has respectable grappling skills, his BJJ belt is white at this time, which may leave him susceptible to the submission if taken down. The key will be to utilize those wrestling skills to NOT be taken down, as that would almost certainly lead to a loss in this battle given Goulding’s submission skills.

Donkey’s Pick: Goulding via Submission (Kimura)

I really don’t need to analyze skills and such to make this pick. You know me well enough to know that the low morale is going to be enough for me to go the other way. Yes, Goulding’s isn’t perfect, but it’s half as bad as Kozlovski’s and for me, that’s going to result in Kozlovski lacking the focus and confidence to prevent the takedown. And that will ultimately lead to the submission once on the ground.

Tnt Winner (6-2-0) vs. James White (4-0-0)

Well, I was hoping the last fight was an exception here Donkey, but apparently tonight will not be like the last event where almost all of our fighters were prepared. Instead, we’re now batting close to 30-40% of em so far that aren’t.

The two in this fight, both Winner and White, will fall into the unprepared category. Which I guess is good news for each of them, as it means they’re both up against somebody else who isn’t ready either, but overall it’s disappointing. Winner howevev, is much worse off than White with respect to the morale. Winner only has about 46% morale, down 54%, while White is at 67%. For Winner, it keeps getting worse, as last month he came into a fight with Hatton down 30% morale. So this time he comes in even lower. Hatton had his way with him due to that handicap.

This is White’s first fight with Sucker Punch, so he has yet to establish any record or preparedness with us. This being his SPPS debut, it’s disappointing, but if his manager is paying attention, he’ll quickly learn that to improve that morale, he needs to change his fighter’s clothes. If he looks back at our news in the org, or in the forum here, he’s going to find plenty of information to help with that process and detailing the actions to take to remedy the situation. Hopefully that means next month, he’ll be topped off and ready to go!

You’ll notice I didn’t get too much into the particulars of each fighter here with regard to skills, key matchup points, tendencies, etc. That’s because I spent all my time reviewing the lack of preparation Donkey. Unfortunately, that’s the way it goes.

Any thoughts there Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: White via TKO (Strikes)

I don’t really want to make a pick at all here Hare. Both are unprepared, but White has yet to develop into any sort of repeat offender for us with it. And his preparation isn’t as bad off, so I’m going with him. For Winner, this is at least twice in a row with a lack of preparation, and not by a little bit. He definitely needs to work on fixing that, changing the clothes and getting back to his old ways if he wants to retain a contract, much less see himself get back into the picture for Top 10 discussions. He was on a great path originally, but this new trend is disturbing. With these two really good records coming together, I was hoping we’d have been having a much more interesting conversation about this matchup!

Main Card Bout #1: Heavyweight

Gary Porter (3-1-0) vs. Victor Ballsawash (2-3-0)

Alright, ok, here we go Donkey! Two fighters who are showing up for tonight’s event ready to rock and roll baby!

Porter is coming into this fight with excellent ground skills and a desire to pound the lights out of somebody after giving up a loss to Mike Badmean last month. And the person he wants to take that out on is none other than Victor Ballsawash, not for any reason of pure malice, but just because he happens to be a convenient target as the one standing across the cage tonight! The loss to Badmean was the first of Porter’s career and has to, um, cut deeply, due to the fact that it was via cuts and not a knockout, not a submission, not a decisive decision…but by nasty little cuts. That’ll leave a bad taste in anybody’s mouth to be sure to have it be put in the hands of the doc.

Now, if Porter wants to play a little game of “Who can get on top and beat the living shit out of the other?” in some sort of S&M thing tonight, well, he’s found the right partner! Because Ballsawash likes nothing more than to do the very same! He’ll also take you down and work you over with the rough stuff, even if you happen to like it! He’s finished his last two fights in a row on the ground and very much wants to extend his streak to three, and also get back to .500 in the process. But the three fight win streak alone would be looked at much more than the .500 record!

Ballsawash has competent wrestling and a purple belt in BJJ. Porter has wonderful wrestling and also, a purple belt. While Porter has the advanced wrestling, Ballsawash has the better boxing. So, Donkey, this thing is about to get VERY interesting tonight, and I just hope these guys have their safe words handy!

Mine’s asparagus btw Donkey, how about yours…?

Donkey’s Pick: Porter via TKO (Strikes)

What the F’ are you going on about now Hare? Jesus. How about mine is “Shutdafuckup”? Freak. Anywyas, this is going to be one HELL of a fight, and it should be brutal. This one is going to be all about who can get it to the ground, but not just to the ground, but to the ground in the position they want. And then able to maintain that position, or reverse it if it’s not what they were looking for. Both of these guys are going to want to be on top in this fight. NO, I did not say “they want to be tops” Hare, again, see MY safe word! But yes, from a pure ground and pound perspective, both want the ability to fire those strikes from above and come out not only on top in the fight, but after it’s over! For that, I’m going with Porter, as his slightly better wrestling may be the difference maker!

Edward Mills (2-2-0) vs. Sean Smith (1-0-0)

Two more who are ready to get this thing going and mean it Donkey! WTG, excellent preparation here for Mills and Smith as they head into the cage for a big time contest tonight!

Smith will have the boxing advantage in this fight. Mills, the edge in Muay Thai. Both have abysmal wrestling and white belts, so you can rest assured that unless this happens to go to the mat because somebody gets knocked on their ass there, this thing stays on the feet!

Smith has only one professional fight under his belt so far prior to joining Sucker Punch as he makes his debut with us tonight. He ended that fight via a KO Punch in fifty-one seconds and got a 100% satisfaction rating from the fans! Now that’s the type of thing that will have these Sucker Punch fans on their feet! Think he could throw in a shot to the dingle-dangle also tonight first, and then go for the knockout? One can only hope eh Donkey?

Mills had a disappointing loss to Ganevski last month here for his Sucker Punch debut. He’ll want to make up for that tonight with a win against a very evenly matched opponent once again. Now, last fight, as he came into SPPS, he dropped down in weight, as he had been fighting at Light Heavyweight prior to coming to play at Middleweight. Being that he naturally weighs in at 202 pounds walking, do you think maybe that came into play and he’s more built for the heavier division? That might be the case, and it might be something he starts to consider after this one if the result isn’t what he wants, which is a big fat W next to the fight and his name.

Donkey, what are you thinking…?

Donkey’s Pick: Smith via TKO (Strikes)

I’m thinking that if you’re looking for an edge in this fight, something that either gives one guy the advantage, or possibly keeps another from having it, it might be that Smith will rely upon his boxing, while Mills’ tendency is to have the advantage in the clinch. But…he doesn’t have the wrestling and grappling to support it, yet, supposedly. So perhaps the one more equipped to fully utilize his skills at this point is Smith? I dunno, I’m grasping here Hare! Move along, will you?

Main Card Bout #3: Heavyweight

Brian Mcclean (2-1-0) vs. Andre Powell (3-2-0)

Well, do you want the good news, or the bad news Donkey? Let’s start with the bad. Both of these fighters come in tonight with low morale. Not end of the world low, but still relatively low compared to where you want it. The good news, at least for them? Both of them are about the same amount short, so it’s pretty much equal footing as far as the morale goes. The ugly? This is the last fight before the two Main Events, and this is the last thing you want or expect from fighters who are this high on a card.

Mcclean was only about 10% low last month, and he went on to win his fight. And yet, this month, he comes in 23% low, so that means his clothing must be incredibly dirty and used up! Time for a change, pronto! Seriously.

Powell came in prepared last month, but, he lost his debut fight here at Sucker Punch, which dropped his morale some. He’s now currently sitting 25% low, so clearly he hasn’t been changing clothes to fix it either. On top of that, he’s also slightly low on energy, coming in about 9% off, which again, isn’t the end of the world, but things do add up! Powell is under new management this month after having been let go by Martin O previously, and now picked up by Aaron Work.

Unfortunately, Mr. Work does have a history of not managing his fighters’ morales, as currently every single one of them with us is low and most of them that aren’t with us are as well. Imagine how well he could be doing overall if he was managing them morale and keeping it up for his guys? When you get matched up with equally skilled fighters, it’s the little things that make the difference!

Now see what happened? This was our third from last fight, and I had no opportunity to discuss tactics, skills, potential fight direction, etc. Bah!

Donkey’s Pick: Mcclean via Submission (Armbar)

This is another one where I don’t really want to bother with a pick. Mcclean will likely win, due to not being low on both morale and energy. He’s the better ground fighter, while Powell has the advantage boxing. Expect a Mcclean victory via submission, sometime probably towards the end of the first round. And that will help out his morale by winning. But make no mistake about it, if he loses and his morale drops more, and it doesn’t start getting resolved and coming in cleaner in future months, I know Hare will start talking with words like “Fired” and “Bye Bye”.

Co-Main Event

Heavyweight Bout

Aron Egomi (4-6-0) vs. Mike Badmean (3-0-0)

Here we go, turning the corner and getting guys who are coming in with a desire to do their best and win the fight, straight up, fully prepared! I like it Donkey, no…I love it!

Let’s skip over the whole song and dance Donkey and get right to the ugly of this upcoming battle. And you know what that is! That bad, bad, BAD man, Mike Badmean there, and the nasty ass things he likes to do to his opponents! This man is absolutely sadistic! Some guys focus on their boxing, some guys their kicks, some guys like to give out a little pain and punishment and focus on their ground game and the good old fashioned ground and pound…or just straight up like to work submissions, which are a little sadistic as it is in some cases. But how often do you find a guy who says, “Hmmm…how do I want to win? Let’s see…I want to go in there and do it in the most dangerous, bloodiest, painful, nasty-assed, possibly permanent damage inducing way possible…yeah, that’s it, let’s use our elbows, and I’ll not only use them, but fine tune these things into instruments of terror and destruction!”. Well, apparently that is the conversation that went through Mike Badmean’s head…from about…probably the age of two would be my guess Donkey! He’s one sick man. He is 3-0 on his career. All three via doctor stoppages after he’s used those pointy, sharp little bastards of his to open up his opponents and make the cage a nightmare of a mess for those who have to fight after him!

So my advice to Egomi tonight is very simple. Go about this thing any way you want…as Egomi likes to strike, but has also shown in the past that he can pull off a submission. He’s well rounded, so he has choices…as he is proficient in boxing, respectable in both Muay Thai and wrestling and has a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu. But for the love of god, if you truly treasure your own well-being, and certainly if you have any desire to have a modeling career after your life as a fighter, do not, I repeat, do NOT take this thing into the clinch…which Egomi has done in the past. Stay far, far away, kick his head in if you want, strike at will, take it to the ground…but stay on top…but don’t go in for a slow dance with that sick bastard Badmean!

Donkey’s Pick: Badmean via…well…TKO (Cuts)

Hare…um, how many guys do you know who go into modeling after a fighting career? What the hell have you been smoking tonight anyway? Yes, I’ve picked against Badmean enough times now, and had him take it out on some poor sap and bleed him out enough times, to know not to do it again, for all that his good and holy! Do I believe he will absolutely win? Not necessarily. Am I hoping the gods will spare us a bloodletting if I finally pick him to win? Perhaps! Egomi would be well served to heed your advice. He can win this, and there are a lot of ways to do it potentially. And we have yet to find out what happens if somebody can avoid the clinch with Badmean. Maybe we find out tonight! But you know it’s bad when we have to schedule this towards the end of the night just so the cage isn’t a friggin’ bloody mess for too many fights!

Main Event

Heavyweight Championship Bout

Thoth Chontamenti (4-1-0) vs. ZaDarius Haden (5-0-0)

Donkey! We have something SUPER special tonight and I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am about it! So, this intro piece here in the preview is going to be quick and to the point for these two in the title fight tonight, as they go out there and battle it out for the Sucker Punch Pro Series Heavyweight Championship! But, immediately following our preview, our new writer on staff, who for now is focusing on Title Fight Spotlights, is going to be following this up with a special interview piece with our warriors in this fight! Isn’t that some great shit Donkey? I think so!

So let’s get to it fast! Chontamenti is a beast, yep, let’s get that right out of the way! Esiah Xavier has raised a sickly talented fighter with skills across the board, superb boxing, exceptional MT, remarkable wrestling and a friggin brown belt on top of it all! He “officially” won the title last month in a contest with Rumble Johnson, but was unofficially the champion at the end of the Sucker Punch Heavyweight Sorter Series. This is a BIG boy who, while having all those skills on the feet, loves to get down on the ground and win by making you tap out or go to sleep! He’s got a 4-1 record, and three of those four wins are via submissions; kimura, triangle choke, kimura! I think you know what to expect him to want to do tonight!

Haden is the challenger this evening, and he’s either going to go out in a blaze of glory, having won the title and claimed the belt for the Heavyweight division as his own and…in the process…tacking on yet another win to a shiny, perfect record to make it 6-0 on his career. Or, he’ll walk out of here empty handed and…worse than that potentially…with a new little “1” in that right column. He does NOT prefer the latter option tonight, and I’m certain comes in with the confidence that that is NOT going to be the way this goes down! Managed by Zeke Gunner, he comes in with some nasty, nasty skills of his own as he is superb in boxing, respectable in Muay Thai, EXCEPTIONAL in wrestling and has a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu. He has won via KO, TKO and submission in the past.

As confident and dominant as Chontamenti has been on the ground, Haden is not going to shy away from it either. He is just as confident there, and has won all of his fights via TKO, KO, or submission ON THE GROUND. So, this is a serious, serious challenge for both of these fighters, and this fight WILL go to the ground folks! Now, technically, overall, Chontamenti is the more skilled fighter. But…did you notice what I highlighted there in Haden’s skills? Yes, the wrestling, “Exceptional”. Chontamenti has remarkable wrestling, but Haden has exceptional. Slightly better. Could that be the difference maker tonight if they both want to go to the ground? Maybe! Or, Chontamenti could prove himself the Conquerer and prove he’s the best this division has, UNDISPUTED once again!

Well Donkey, who’s coming out of this wearing the belt…?

Donkey’s Pick: Chontamenti via Submission (Kimura)

Talk about being put on the spot! Wow. I cannot make this call Hare! Seriously. This is a HUGE, HUGE fight and my god, if you miss this, you’re a fool! I have respect for anybody who has won the belt, so when it’s this tight, I have to go with the one who has proven he can already take it. So, for now…Chontamenti it is! But let’s let these two big boys have at it, YES, and PLEASE!

Some BIG stuff coming at you tonight with a ton of Heavyweight fights with other flavor sprinkled in! And, don’t forget, coming up shortly, we have a special treat for everybody as we start the Spotlight series highlighting the title fight participants! Coming at you shortly, don’t miss it!

Till then…remember…

• Upvote 5

Destin’s Title Fight Spotlight

Sucker Punch Pro Series 10 - Heavyweight Edition

Featuring: ZaDarius Haden + Thoth Chontamenti

Hello folks, and welcome to the first ever rendition of our title fight interview series here at Sucker Punch! My name is Destin, and I'll be the host of this new series. We're going to be interviewing each and every fighter of ours who is due to fight for a title from here on out. It's the least we can do for our top dogs, and I’m excited to be here for it!

Tonight at SPPS 10, we have our current Heavyweight champion, Thoth Chontamenti (4-1) and his challenger, ZaDarius Haden (5-0).

Destin: Thoth, first and foremost, congrats on becoming the division's first ever 265 lb champion! Coming into this bout, you're on a 4-fight winning streak; however, only 1 of your opponents even holds a positive record. It seems to us like this is your first real test. What do you think about our apprehension?

Thoth: Destin, You're absolutely correct about the fighters whom I've faced thus far. On one hand, I can certainly see the trepidation my fans may have. On the other hand, it's not my fault who the opponents have been. I don't make such decisions. I merely prepare as thoroughly and as professionally as possible at all times because I'm fully aware that at any given moment, especially in this division, all it takes is one mistake to end my night.

Destin: You're right. In this sport, one mistake can cause even the best to lose. Zadarius, first off, congrats on your undefeated 5-0 record, and making it to the 265 lb title fight! Coming into this fight, you're the fan favorite to win, due to your undefeated record, and the tougher competition you've faced. Do you feel any extra pressure for this fight because you're expected to win?

ZaDarius: Nah man. No added pressure for me. I always feel that I should win my fights

Destin: It’s good that you can treat this like any other fight, and avoid getting nervous. Thoth, after 5 professional fights, you've literally only thrown 13 strikes in your MMA career. Do you plan to continue using your jujitsu as a tactic, or will you throw some strikes at ZaDarius?

Thoth: Well, ZaDarius is obviously skilled and steps into this battle with an unblemished record. Kudos ZaDarius. There's no doubt he's earned this opportunity and I fully expect him to step up big time! I've only thrown a whopping 13 strikes because, thus far, 1 only 13 strikes have been necessary to get me this belt. It's no secret I prefer to make fighters lament in pain and frustration as they submit, much to their chagrin, but that's the name of the game. ZaDarius has very good boxing ability and I will throw more strikes because it will be necessary. We’ll see how the fight goes, and we’ll find out how much I care to strike.

Destin: Well said Thoth. We're excited to see your striking skills, if if comes to that tonight. Zadarius - in your career so far, we've observed your usual strategy is to smother opponents with your fantastic ground and pound. Thoth will be by far the best grappler you've fought thus far. Are you worried about getting submitted on the ground? Will this change your gameplan at all?

ZaDarius: Nah, man. You will see on fight night what plan I have.

Destin: What’s up with you buddy? For somebody who’s undefeated you sure are quiet.

ZaDarius: Talk is cheap bud. I let me fists do the talking for me.

Destin: How do you guys expect this fight to end?

Thoth: I predict that I will emerge victorious by decision, because I'm fully aware ZaDarius is an outstanding grappler and likes to~

ZaDarius: Enough yapping. I’m going to finish you before the 2nd round is over.

Thoth: … uh, ok, bud. I like your confidence. Just know that I’m going to love giving you your first loss and wiping that cocky attitude away. I had more praise for you, but you know what... I'm not overly concerned. I believe in my defense as well as adapt to any situation. This battle will be determined by will and desire.

ZaDarius: Whatever you say bud.

Destin: Well guys, it’s about time to wrap this up. Anything else you want to say to each other?

Thoth: ZaDarius - I greatly respect you and your abilities. Again, kudos for being undefeated thus far and no one can deny your right to have this title opportunity. I fully expect you to dig deep in your desire to become a champion. Just know that it will not be an easy task. Whoever wins this fight will have to earn it. Defending my title tonight is my opportunity to silence the critics while cementing my reputation as a warrior who has earned his right to be here. We'll see what each of us is truly made of when we lock horns tonight. Like you, I very much look forward to it. Best of luck and I'll see you in the octagon tonight!

ZaDarius: Thanks bud. You’re a real sweet talker. Let's have a great fight and put on a show for these awesome fans. I’m in the best shape of my life and can't wait to take that belt from you later tonight!

Destin: Alright guys, thanks for being a part of our first ever championship interview! Thoth, good luck to you in defending your belt for the first time, and ZaDarius, good luck trying to take it for yourself!

Destin: On behalf of Sucker Punch Pro Series thank you everybody for joining us in our Title Fight Spotlight, we’ll see you next time, and remember, as Hare would say, “Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+ style!

• Upvote 6

After Sean Smith's first round knockout win over Edward Mills in his Suckerpunch debut he got on the microphone and thanked his fans but once he got to the locker room a backstage correspondent began interviewing him again.

Stacie Shidler : I am here with 2-0 middleweight Sean Smith who tonight win by spectacular knockout with a superman punch. Sean now that you've made your debut and have a big win what is next for you?

Sean Smith : First off I'd like to thank my sponsor Savage Fight Wear and secondly I want to again thank my fans. As far as what's next it's just a climb that I have to make. Myself and my teammate Ibrahim Volkov are both in the middleweight division here and though we don't plan to fight one another we are in a race to see who can compete for the belt first.

Stacie : In your fight tonight the audience saw you taunting your opponent. Is that something we can expect to see from you in every scrap?

Sean : You know tonight I was just in my zone. I'm new to this sport but I guess warning him about that forthcoming KO wasn't nice. Oh well, this is the fight business and I'm not here to play nice. I'm here to make money and chase that big gold championship.

Stacie began to ask another question but two women approached Sean and he walked off with them.

• Upvote 2

After Sean Smith's first round knockout win over Edward Mills in his Suckerpunch debut he got on the microphone and thanked his fans but once he got to the locker room a backstage correspondent began interviewing him again.

Stacie Shidler : I am here with 2-0 middleweight Sean Smith who tonight win by spectacular knockout with a superman punch. Sean now that you've made your debut and have a big win what is next for you?

Sean Smith : First off I'd like to thank my sponsor Savage Fight Wear and secondly I want to again thank my fans. As far as what's next it's just a climb that I have to make. Myself and my teammate Ibrahim Volkov are both in the middleweight division here and though we don't plan to fight one another we are in a race to see who can compete for the belt first.

Stacie : In your fight tonight the audience saw you taunting your opponent. Is that something we can expect to see from you in every scrap?

Sean : You know tonight I was just in my zone. I'm new to this sport but I guess warning him about that forthcoming KO wasn't nice. Oh well, this is the fight business and I'm not here to play nice. I'm here to make money and chase that big gold championship.

Stacie began to ask another question but two women approached Sean and he walked off with them.

I want to laugh, but at the same time, I definitely don't want to! Just got off the phone with Donkey, who apparently spent several hours on the phone with a crying Suzy Sucker Punch last night! He had to spend all of that time trying to calm her down and convince her that we were indeed NOT trying to replace her and that NO, her job was not in jeopardy! After doing a little digging, I was able to figure out that some chick named "Stacie", a lower level intern in the media department who basically does a lot of paper pushing, went out and posed as an active member of the media correspondence team to go get this interview with Sean Smith! Combine all this with the fact that we did just hire a new member of the team for the Title Fight Spotlight interviews, and yeah, she was feeling a little threatened and like the writing was on the wall!

While I absolutely can appreciate the aggression, go-get-it'ness of it all and drive...I've never seen Suzy be like this before! Aside from the crying interspersed with screaming, Donkey said she actually dropped the F' bomb a few times. That's unheard of from Suzy, but I guess what they say about redheads is true!

I won't be telling Suzy this, but honestly, I won't come down on this Stacie chick too hard. I mean, this is Sucker Punch after all, and Suzy just kinda took a shot to the boys, if she had em! Hahahaha.

• Upvote 5

I doubt Donkey's comfort was just lending a shoulder to cry on. If he did what I'm sure he did, it would explain the F-bombs... just saying...

He has assured me multiple times that the relationship is purely platonic and nothing more than a mentor-mentee type of situation!

:ac8: :horse: :nono:

• Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1600099137SPPS_Poster_10.png

Post Event Cheap Shots

Sucker Punch Pro Series 10

Ok Sucker Punch fans, it’s time to punch through a quick one here and take a look back at all of the action from Sucker Punch Pro Series 10 the other night! I’m Hare Rumpler with my partner and analyst Donkey “Dan” and Suzy Sucker Punch, our media correspondent, who is likely going to have the day off today being that she, um, has been suffering some emotional trauma over the past day or so. That, Donkey, and frankly I’m afraid of her, she’s one feisty redhead and I think it’s probably best that she has a few days to cool off! Haha.

The Bondi Outdoor Arena in Sydney was the place to be Saturday night with pulse pounding action in one bout after another! I keep saying I’m going to try to shorten these reviews up a little bit, and I’m going to try to do it again tonight, but hey, no promises! I’ve failed up till now, so that doesn’t bode well for me succeeding this time either!

Let’s hear from our sponsor and merchandise partner and then get to the good stuff!

Our fantastic and respected sponsor is Shadow Warrior Nutrition! Many of you already know them as the providers of Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, THE energy loss reduction supplements! For those of you who aren’t in the know on that, you should be, because this is the way you keep your fighter training more often and not taking sessions off to try to keep his energy above 90%! If you aren’t using this supplement, hurry over and check them out today, you will not be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Light Heavyweight Sparring Bout

Pekka Vesuri Defeats Vlad Draculo via Unanimous Decision

Our opening bout saw two new kids from Frank Abbot and Ibrahim Camara face off for three minutes of light action as they were here to see if they could show their bosses they had something special in the tank.

The good news is that both displayed good or solid chins. That’s not bad, nothing to jump up and down and get all “Tom Cruise’ish” about it or anything, but hey, it’ll do most likely for the tournament they’re going into. Now, Draculo did lose, and he dropped about 28% of his morale after the fight. That’s certainly not ideal. It’s not a killer, but it’s probably going to make him a short term project rather than a longer term one combined with only a solid chin.

Other than that, nothing too exciting to see here, just two young kids out there slow dancing in the clinch for two of the three minutes until the judges were forced to give a decision on who danced the best.

Anything there Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Not really Hare. As you said, not the most jump up and down for joy result to discovering what these kids have, but nothing to immediately cut them for either. So-so, ho-hum. It’ll do I’m sure.

Undercard Bout #2: Light Heavyweight Sparring Bout

Hansie Fick (0-0-0) Defeats Malcolm Black via Unanimous Decision

Another little three minute sparring bout here in our second “warm up the crowd” fight of the evening, and this one featured two fighters both from Bjorn O’Donnell. Donkey, I’m not sure which gods he paid off in this one, but dang! Boy walks away with one who shows he’s got KO Power and another with a Granite Chin!

That being said, it wasn’t all golden here…Black, who showed the KO Power…dropped about 33% of his morale after losing the fight. That’s not great by any stretch, and my guess is he may not be long for being part of Bjorn’s stable. But the other, so long as he doesn’t disappoint long term and have complete shit for confidence, you have to love a granite!

Again, outside that, not a whole lot to write home about regarding the fight. They stood apart, sized each other up, and kicked at each other like a couple of little girls for three minutes. “Oooooh, Bjorn, Black kicked me in the shin! Can I kick him back? Ok, here…eeaahhh!”

Donkey’s Takeaways:

I think sparring bouts bore me and it’s just time to move on to the good stuff Hare! Bjorn sent these two out there with strict orders to kick, and damnit, keep it low most of the time, I don’t want either of you panty’s hurt!

Undercard Bout #3: Heavyweight

Devin Hill Defeats Bomb Squad Lighting Hands via TKO (Strikes)

Well, as we get into the first of our “real” fights for the evening, Donkey starts out the evening on the wrong foot with his picks! Good! I like it when he’s wrong and we get surprised a bit! He picked against Hill in this one but Hill had a little surprise in store for Donkey.

The reason Donkey mostly picked against Hill was because Hands showed us a little something different in his last fight, taking it to the ground and winning there. Hill, over his first two fights had shown that the ground game and being taken down were two areas of weakness for him. While we expected that any good manager would have his fighter work on those things, Donkey didn’t seem to feel that it would be enough soon enough. Well…WRONG!

Hill came in clearly having worked on his takedown defense and defensive grappling! Hands tried to take this fight to the ground seventeen times! Yes, SEVENTEEN! Five in the clinch and then another twelve outside it! And Hill was able to slap a huge “DENIED” stamp on each and every one of those requests! Awesome job by Hill, way to come in prepared to fix what you’ve seen be a weakness!

Both were able to land their shots when boxing, giving as good as they got. But in the clinch, Hill was slightly better making good on his elbows and a couple shots to the head. Those were the ones that ultimately did the trick, with an uppercut in the clinch dropping Hands and setting up the big finish for Hill!

What do you have Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

This is disappointing for Hands, who was already 2-5 and now moves to a less than stellar 2-6. Donnie Jackson, his FORMER manager, clearly had seen enough of Hands inability to get the job done, because we were told after the fight that when Hands went looking for his ride home, he found Jackson had already departed leaving him to fend for himself! For Hill, he starts to turn things around, and even more importantly, has shown progress and growth in areas of weakness!

Undercard Bout #4: Featherweight

Alex Kozlovski Defeats Jakob Goulding via TKO (Strikes)

Damn, 0-2 to start to the night huh Donkey? Wow…this is not the way you usually roll with your picks! And, especially on one like this where you were pretty sure of your pick due to a morale issue (or two).

Kozlovski came out and surprised in this one, despite having low morale finding a way to get to Goulding early and hard! This entire thing lasted twenty-eight seconds, with Kozlovski landing a couple shots, Goulding failing on a takedown bid, and then, wow…Kozlovski rocking Goulding with…a jab to the jaw? Damn, what kind of power did that jab have behind it anyway? We know Goulding is supposed to have a solid chin, but, um, does he really?

A missed kick and then an uppercut that lands later saw Goulding on the ground and Kozlovski swarming him for the finish. The fans loved this one, and really, in the end, I guess that’s all that matters!

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Honestly, I don’t know whether to be impressed with Kozlovski that he has won two straight even with low morale, or more disappointed in their opponents! Goulding is, as you said, supposed to have a solid chin. Yet, he’s been knocked out or TKO’d in four of his six losses. So…either this boy potentially has very little strike defense, or, do we have to worry about his heart? When he gets it to the ground, he wins via submission…but when he doesn’t…well, you see the result. Kozlovski wins again, as we said, despite the low morale. If he’s not going to fix that morale, he certainly better hope he can keep winning, because if the “touch” ever wears off the lack of preparation won’t be tolerated!

James White Defeats Tnt Winner via Unanimous Decision

White gets the win in this battle of the unprepared, but certainly not in any sort of stellar fashion. Donkey had the call, at least the victor, but didn’t expect this thing would go the distance, or at least, hoped it wouldn’t. It did.

White and Winner basically spent the better portion of three rounds rolling around on the ground and offering up half-hearted submission attempts. Neither had a full head of confidence and morale coming in, and it showed with the fans giving this a 31% satisfaction rating.

I wish I had a lot more to say here, but I don’t Donkey. I mean, White basically won this because in the little time they spent standing and striking, he was the only one who offered up any real attempt at offense. He got a handful of single shots in to the head and body, and then another half dozen combos that landed. That was enough to get the points he needed in an otherwise underwhelming match that saw them, as I just said, essentially rolling around on the mat.

Towards the end of the first, the play by play made it clear…

“The crowd thankful this round is nearly over.”

Then at the end of the second…

“Boooooooooooooooooooo!!! God, this has been a terrible round. Come on you two, sort yourselves out!”

And then at the end of the fight, a repeat of what was said towards the end of Round 1. That tells the tale.

Donkey’s Takeaway:

There’s really nothing to take away here. These two need to sort themselves out before next month and come prepared. Tnt Winner is paying the toll for coming in unprepared, as he watches his once sterling record fall apart before his very eyes, in fights that were more than winnable. Another one like this will probably have to be the last. So hopefully he comes prepared next month. White is new to us, so he gets a bit more rope, but it won’t be a lot, and it’ll be just enough to hang himself with if he doesn’t start coming ready to go. He got lucky he had another equally unprepared opponent this time around.

Main Card Bout #1: Heavyweight

Victor Ballsawash Defeats Gary Porter via Unanimous Decision

Wow Donkey, another one wrong and you go to 1-3 on the night! That’s almost unheard of for you!

We knew this one was going to the ground, and that’s exactly what happened, all three rounds, consistently. Now, both of these kids love to work the ground and pound, so we expected a battle for position. Porter got the takedown in the first round, and managed to land some good shots on the ground. The judges gave him that round and things were looking good for him.

Round 2 came, and the fight went to the ground again. Not a lot of action, a couple reversals as they traded position with it going from Ballsawash on top to Porter and back again. They got stood back up by the ref partway through the round though due to a lack of activity and with Ballsawash able to land a couple, they handed him the round.

This is where the fight will become extremely controversial as they move into the third. Porter got the takedown, but Ballsawash managed to escape. Repeat, with the same sequence again. Another takedown, and Porter manages to maintain, landing some shots while down there. For me, Porter clearly won that round, yet, the judges gave it to Ballsawash!

Over to you Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Ultimately this fight got a very low satisfaction rating from the fans, and for good reason. And, on top of that, many are going to argue that this was Porter’s fight, but somehow, as you said, the judges gave that last round to Ballsawash. I think there are going to be a lot of very unhappy folks with this result! Ballsawash will move to .500 after stealing this win and Porter to 3-2, rather than what looked like it was potentially going to be 4-1. That’ll leave some anger burning in the gut going into your next fight!

Sean Smith Defeats Edward Mills via KO (Superman Punch)

Our next contest turned into one of the most exciting of the evening, at least the finish. The rest of the fight got a “mmmeh” rating from the fans, probably due to the slow clinch dance going on.

Mills was intent upon clinching up in this fight. The problem? He couldn’t land a thing while in the clinch. Five to the head, nada, three to the body, newp! Smith showing good defense there in the clinch. Once free from the clinch, Smith was able to land a few in between the close action. A couple to the head, one to the body, and even a combo. But, yes, it was a slow go for the two minutes.

And then, Smith had enough of it all…and comes in hard…

“Smith escapes the clinch and we're back to striking. Boom, another hit is landed. "You're gunna get knocked out" taunts Smith, as that shot connected.

Mills backs away from a small jab... but Smith lunges forward with a huge superman punch! Mills crumples to the ground as his mouth piece is sent flying! Smith with a spectacular finish!”

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Yep, certainly a slow fight, fight up until the finish! Hopefully you didn’t walk away or fall asleep, because this right here is the KO of the Night for our folks out there! A big Superman punch out of nowhere, completely catching Mills off-guard and this one was all over! With that one, Smith moves to 2-0 and is ready to show he’s got it and belongs up in the Top 10. For Mills, two losses in a row leaves him wondering what he’ll need to fix to get back on the right track! This is a kid that Hare has some familiarity with, as he came over to the gym one day after having been released by Kniges and was looking to show what he had. Unfortunately, Hare found that this kid, as Kyle F has noted as well, just is a very slow individual. That doesn’t mean he can’t be worked with, but…it may take a lot of patience!

Main Card Bout #3: Heavyweight

Andre Powell Defeats Brian Mcclean via Unanimous Decision

Both kids came into this fight with less than perfect preparation. To his credit though, despite the lack of morale, Powell came in with a plan to be aggressive but was kept on hold with that for a bit as Mcclean got a takedown early, attempting to work the submission game. He wasn’t able to get the job done on the ground though.

Come the second and third rounds, Powell was able to use that anticipated aggression to get into the clinch early, and keep it there. Once there he was just unloading shot after shot after shot on Mcclean, going to the body consistently to wear him down and then mixing in a head shot every three shots or so when the opportunity was there.

We’re giving Mcclean one more shot after this btw Donkey. But he darned well better come in next month ready to fight, because another month of low morale and lack of will to fight will not be tolerated, despite the surprise win last month over Hill.

Donkey’s Takeaways:

With so many shots delivered, you have to think that perhaps Powell had the aggression turned up super high, with the accuracy just as high but the damage down low. None of the shots seemed to put Mcclean in danger of being dropped. But, they were having the desired effect, scoring points and wearing Mcclean down, with all those body shots gassing Mcclean out and taking the will to fight away, at least what little was there to begin with given how he came into the fight. From what I hear, the front office (Hare) has spoken directly with Powell’s manager, Aaron Work, about the need to have Powell, as well as his other fighters, ready to go in the future. So yes, notice has been given there as well.

Co-Main Event

Heavyweight Bout

Aron Egomi Defeats Mike Badmean via Unanimous Decision

Well Donkey, I think Badmean is definitely going to have it in for you after this! However, Egomi may want to give you a giant hug! Up till this fight, you’ve picked against Badmean and he’s brutalized opponents with that dangerous elbows of his. This time around, you picked him…and…

Egomi came in well warned that getting into the clinch with Badmean was an bad, nay, awful idea. Trespass in the clinch at the risk of your own health and wellbeing! Well, not only did Egomi take the this distance and survive three rounds to get the decision, he did it by avoiding the clinch when he could, and then, when he couldn’t, showing fantastic defense to avoid the elbows and shots, minimizing their effectiveness and damage, and using great physicality to control the position and frustrate Badmean!

Whenever they were outside the clinch, which was as often as Egomi could manage it, Egomi was aggressive with his striking and boxing! He wasn’t landing a ton, but he was landing enough to get the job done and have the judges looking his way!

Donkey, anything else buddy…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Well Hare, I guess if Egomi does want a modeling career after his fighting days…which I’m still not sure is a great career plan, but anyways…his chances are still intact! A fantastic display of defense and ability to nullify Badmean’s attack which nobody else up to this point had been able to accomplish. Also, we finally got a chance to see what would happen if somebody took away the elbows from Badmean! He turned to a big focus on the kicks when boxing, but clearly was out of sorts and will now need to figure out how to vary his attack and expand on his options to avoid being shut down. Egomi has shown how to do it, and done so in a big bid to move back towards .500 and get his name back in the mix! Since joining Sucker Punch, he is now 4-2 and has only lost to our Champ, and a former Top Contender. That’s gotta sit well. Badmean will no doubt bounce back and I can’t wait to see how he evolves and responds to no longer being perfect, but still being damned good!

Suzy caught up with Rob Hell, manager for Egomi, a couple hours after the fight at the after-party, and took the opportunity to find out why he wasn't there cage side like he usually is after the fight and what he though of the fight...

Suzy Sucker Punch: Mr. Hell, you guys have to be thrilled with this win! Egomi has now managed to do what nobody else has been able to, and that's not just avoid those dangerous elbows from Badmean, but get passed them to win! What are you thinking in this moment of victory? Were you able to catch the end, we saw you had disappeared at one point midway through the fight?

Rob Hell: Sorry, Suzy, for Egomi. He has just left to the National TV. It's not about his model career. He's going to take part in a talk show on MMA. Egomi was the only calm person in our team during the fight. All the others were shouting their advices how to break free from the clinch of Mike Badmean because we knew that his elbows could be really dangerous. I was taken off the cage twice by security people and then led out of the arena. I think it was a real combative, exciting fight of two well prepared fighters who had their plans to win and they both worked very hard for it. The fans on both sides could see nice actions. So for me it was the fight of the night.

Suzy Sucker Punch: Well, there we have it guys! Sometimes you get a little too excited, and security just has to do their thing! A great win for the Egomi camp, we'll look forward to seeing them next time!

Main Event

Heavyweight Championship Bout

Thoth Chontamenti vs. ZaDarius Haden

And here we go with our Main Event, Donkey! While much of our card up to this point, was, if I’m being honest, admittedly a little disappointing, this fight was one that we had been looking forward to as a definite clash of titans! Both Chontamenti and Haden are skilled beasts on the ground and this contest was looked forward to all week! Then, you have the lead-in after the preview with the Title Fight Spotlight, which gave even more insight into these two and the upcoming battle, so boy, was I amped for this one Donkey!

Our very own Juice Fluffer headed into the cage to give the introductions and we have a look back at how that went right here…

3d8a168f5f8ff8e520307ef15bdabf4c.png

Juice Fluffer enters the cage…

“Ladies and gentlemen…this is the Maaaain Event of the evening!”

“The judges for this bout are Hugh Johnson, Ben Hemmingworth and Summer Carpente.”

“Our sponsor for this event is Shadow Warrior Nutrition.”

“Annnnnnnd Now! The moment Sucker Punch Pro Series fans around the world have been waiting for!”

“LIVE!, from The Bondi Outdoor Arena in Sydney, Australia…”

“Iiiiit’s TIME! FIVE rounds for the Undisputed Sucker Punch Pro Series Heavyweight Championship of the World!”

“Introducing first… to my right, fighting out of the blue corner. With a professional record of FIVE wins, NO losses and NO draws, he stands 198 centimeters tall, weighing in at 249 pounds and 21 years of age, from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States and fighting out of Helsinki, Finland …the CHALLENGER and Top Contender in the Sucker Punch Pro Series Heavyweight division, “ZaaaaDariuuuuuus…HAAAAADENNNNN!!!

“And now… to my left, fighting out of the red corner. With professional record of FOUR wins, one loss and NO draws, he stands 204 centimeters tall, weighing in at 265 pounds and one half pounds, and 21 years of age, representing Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalamand and fighting out of London, England…the REIGNING…DEFENDING…UNNNNNDISPUUUUTED Sucker Punch Pro Series Heavyweight CHAMPION OF THE WORLD, Thothhhh….CHONNNNNNTAMENTIIIIII!!!

And we were off folks!!!

As we said, with two incredibly talented fighters who love the ground, we suspected that this fight would get there sooner rather than later. Of course, there was always the chance that one or the other could respect the like skills and want to potentially take it another direction, but with these two, it would only take one who wanted it down.

Sure enough, just over a half minute in after a few exchanges and counters back and forth on the feet, Haden came in for the clinch up and immediately initiated the trip takedown successfully. With Haden on top, the game was afoot…could Haden capitalize with his ground and pound from a favorable position, while respecting and defending against Chontamenti’s submissions from the bottom, or would Chontamenti get the better of the chess battle? We were honestly prepared for this contest to go on for a while and go through several iterations and different approaches and attempts by both fighters!

Haden was beginning to land his shots from the top without any return attempts in the form of submissions from Chontamenti and that went on for about a minute or more. Chontamenti was doing well with controlling, but was still taking some punishment. And then, halfway through the round…

“Chontamenti manages to land a sweep and he's now on top! Lovely Jiu Jitsu!

Chontamenti maintaining the dominant position here and is working for a kimura. He's locked it up! Haden could be in real trouble here! He's trying to wriggle out but Chontamenti has cracked it and Haden is screaming in pain - he's tapped out! Great finish by Chontamenti!”

Out of nowhere, the sweep and the finish before Haden knew what was happening! What a beauty there Donkey!!! And in came Juice Fluffer…

Juice Fluffer enters as the referee has both fighters in the middle of the cage…

“Ladies and gentlemen, after two minutes and fifty-three seconds of the first round, the referee has called a stop to this fight…”

“Declaring the winner…by way of a kimura submission…ANNNNNNDDDD STILLLLLLLL…Sucker Punch Pro Series…UNDISPUTED…Heavyweight Champion of the World… Thothhhh….CHONNNNNNTAMENTIIIIII!!!

HE DOES IT DONKEY! HE DEFENDS THE BELT!!! The champ has taken on the toughest challenger of his career so far, and come out on top, literally buddy!

Well Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Unbelievable! I don’t think anybody saw such a dramatic shift of the fight happening so early in this one! Haden had things rolling along in his direction, but the champ is the champ for a reason, and he showed EVERYBODY worldwide why he is! A wonderful finish, beautiful submission…and not a person out there can now question WHO Thoth Chontamenti has fought! Haden is a huge talent, and he’s going to bounce back. I foresee a rematch in these competitors’ futures.

Overall, the event could have been a bit more energized and exciting early on, I’m not going to lie. But, in the end, we got what we really paid for, a HUGE big time fight for the championship, one that may not have gone forever, but had that dramatic finish out of nowhere that will keep the fans talking for weeks until they see these men in action again! We’re happy to have been there with you all, we’ll see you later this week for our next big event!

Till then…remember…

• Upvote 4

At 18 years old Sean Smith started training full time for his mma debut at a gym in his hometown of Los Angeles , California. At the same time 18 year old Ibrahim Volkov was leaving his home in Dagestan, Russia and moving to America to train for the Olympics.

Two years later Sean and Ibrahim are best friends and teammates making their pro debuts on the same card. Sean opened the card and won via knockout in an impressive 51 seconds. Ibrahim followed his friend and won via tko in just as impressive fashion one minute and nineteen seconds. The two best friends were back in the gym grinding away a couple days later.

Five days ago Ibrahim and Sean flew into Sydney with their fight teams for Sean and Ibrahim's upcoming fights , this time for their newly signed promotion Sucker Punch Pro. Ibrahim and Sean now compete for the same company and in the same division for the foreseeable future. They don't plan to fight one another any time soon but they do have a Wagner on which of them will get to the World Championship the quickest.

" He fought a few days ago , so he has one on me. He has a big win in his debut and now I have to do the same." says Ibrahim as he refers to Sean's one minute and fifty two second fight where he superman punched himself into Suckerpunch history.

After Sean's victory the fight teams were only half done in Australia. As Sean's fight team left for California he stayed behind with his manager to be around for his friend's debut.

" I'm more nervous about his fight than I was my own. We've been working hard and I know how badly he wants this. He moved from his home country as a kid to live his dreams. Now he has more money in his bank account then his family has ever seen. His success feeds his family so it's about a lot more than just popularity and championships" says Sean.

As the day of his debut fast approaches the young man they call Storm is sitting in a sauna with Sean and his head coach cutting weight. " This weekend only matters if I win , if I lose it's all for nothing. I can't ruin this for Sean , I can't ruin this for my mother and my sisters , I can't ruin this for my fight team. I must win. Bonjour is undefeated and undisputed but nobody can stop my dreams , nobody.

The scene fades as Ibrahim, Sean and their manager sit calmly in the sauna discussing what comes after Wednesday's fight.

• Upvote 3

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1600804648SPPS_Poster_11.png

Sucker Punch Preview

Sucker Punch Pro Series 11

Welcome Sucker Punch fans as we head into another preview of the upcoming action over at the Bondi Outdoor Arena in Sydney! Tonight, Sucker Punch Pro Series 11 will take place and I, Hare Rumpler, along with my partner and analyst Donkey “Dan” and Suzy Sucker Punch, our media correspondent, will be walking through a look at the action that’s in store for us!

One thing that we won’t have tonight is a title on the line. I know, I know…that’s disappointing. And yes, if you look forward, it’s looking like we’ll have about three events in a row without titles on the line as things just haven’t worked out to allow us to have guys ready to go for this stretch of events. However, I assure you that the fights are still going to be full of excitement and energy and that there will still be plenty that have big implications and opportunities on the line depending upon the results and who can come out on top!

One of those big fights tonight is our Co-Main Event, which features two of the best Heavyweights out there in Boris Balkan and Jan Hradek! Jan was brought in for a one fight deal specifically to give Balkan a run for his money, and, if Balkan passes this test, he’ll be next in line for a title shot as Top Contender!

The Main Event between Featherweights Skywalkler and Drake will also help establish where Drake stands on the ladder as he makes his Sucker Punch debut. He’s a highly looked up prospect for our promotion, but he’s going to need to prove himself out to deserve that status!

Down the line from there, from Marchionni/Mandinos to Arrivederci/Volkov and beyond we have a full card of fights that will have big time effects upon where these guys stand in their divisions and who can set themselves up to start getting into the picture for Top Contender of the future! So hang tight, a lot of fun coming our way and plenty of interesting, fun fights to get into tonight!

So let’s hear from our sponsor and merchandise partner and then get to the good stuff!

Shadow Warrior Nutrition’s energy loss reduction supplement, Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, is by far the go-to supplement on the market to help keep your fighter’s energy up from one training session to the next! Without it you are sure to lose opportunities and sessions as your guy’s develop into the future beasts they can, and should, be! If you want to keep your guys busy in the gym, racking up those skills as fast as possible so they can reach their full potential, get on over there to the store today and check them out! You will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Sparring Bout

Jeremy Cross (0-0-0) vs. Sean Smile (0-0-0)

Our opening bout of the evening is your basic, run of the mill sparring bout for these managers to find out what their newest kids may be made of!

Both of these kids are brought to us tonight by Andrew Short, who is looking to see who, if either, or better, possibly both, of these fighters has what it takes to become a worthy member of his stable! Sean Smile is a remarkable boxer for just starting out, with some developing skills grappling. He’ll test those skills this evening over the course of a single three minute round against his own teammate, Jeremy Cross, who is a Muay Thai artist with a smattering of wrestling in there for good measure.

I don’t expect a lot from this one there Donkey, just for them to go out there, avoid injury, but show they’ve got some heart, maybe some good ability to take a punch, or give one and avoid bleeding all over the place eh?

Donkey’s Pick: Not happening.

I don’t make picks for sparring bouts, but yes, Andrew Short will be hoping to see a great chin or two, maybe some power in those fists, but definitely not a kid who bleeds like my ex on a bad flow or one that spends more time studying his comics than he does his ground techniques. Good luck to both and to their manager, Andrew Short, in finding the “right stuff” in these young hopefuls. Oh, and Hare, did you really say “smattering”? Really? How the hell old are you anyway, and do you think you’re Winnie the Pooh or some shit? Wait, that’s smackerel, my bad, as you were Hare!

Undercard Bout #2: Featherweight Sparring Bout

KJ Aldo (4-4-0) vs. Jean Jacque Custo (1-2-0)

So Donkey, prepare thyself! Yes, it’s going to be like that apparently tonight. Both Aldo and Custo will come into this contest somewhat low on morale. Not ridiculously so, with Aldo down 18% and Custo close to 25% low, but enough that it could have an impact. Of course, with both low, who knows how that impact will play out? I don’t. I just know that if they were each up against another prepared opponent…which I guarantee you they will be next month…they wouldn’t potentially fare as well.

Aldo is a boxer with strong wrestling and a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu. Currently 4-4, Aldo needs a win in the worst way after going 0-3 in his most recent fights, with two of those here at Sucker Punch. Historically, he has used the clinch to get his strikes in when he can, but also likes to move the fight to the ground from there and then work on submission attempts. The approach hasn’t worked out for him of late, but that’s likely due to his lack of morale and confidence in most fights.

Custo also comes into this fight slightly off on morale, which is intriguing because he won his last fight against Jakob Goulding here at Sucker Punch and was prepared going into that fight. What does that tell me? That tells me that his blue shorts he’s been wearing around…well, they could probably walk themselves to the washer and such at this point. Although, more likely, they’d walk themselves out back to the dumpster and light themselves on fire in a suicide attempt given how raggedy, nasty and stanky they are by now! He needs to swap out the clothes, including his white t-shirt, in the worst way or the morale will continue to suffer. And then do it again a few days later, rinse, repeat, and continue doing it until the morale is up. He’s a wrestler with a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu who likes to take the fight to the ground and work on the whole ground and pound thing once there.

Donkey’s Pick: Aldo via TKO (Strikes)

This could go either way tonight due to the morale issues. Aldo would be well served to stay off the ground against a superior ground specialist, and stick to the clinch to tenderize and abuse Custo. On the other hand, Custo will want this on the ground in top position so he can work the strikes and get points with the judges. He’ll have to watch out for the subs from Aldo while down there though.

Undercard Bout #3: Featherweight

Sorsa Lokki (3-6-0) vs. Adrian Petrov (3-8-0)

Much like our first fight this evening that has KJ Aldo, managed by Aaron Work, coming in low on morale, this is another fight, with another fighter of Mr. Work’s, who once again comes in the same way.

Adrian Petrov looked last month like he might have been making some progress with his morale, and may have started taking the advice we’d given out on clothing changes. However, coming into this month, he is once again back to his old ways, coming in under 50% on his morale. Now, Donkey, I did reach out to Mr. Work more than a few days ago about things on the 18th. Since then, I’ve gotten no response, so it’s pretty easy to see where this is going. Nowhere fast for these poor fighters, and out the door for most!

Lokki is a strong boxer with competent wrestling and a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu. Being that he’s coming in as he should, for the most part prepared for the fight this evening, he should be getting served up a cookie here against a very underprepared fighter! That will work to his advantage as he attempts to rebound after a loss to Max Holliday last month. If given the choice, Lokki will stand and kickbox with you, using his hands to strike for points both to the body and head, and his feet to slow his opponent down with plenty of low kicks to the thighs and calves.

Petrov is a wonderful wrestler with a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu. With such low morale, if Lokki has decent takedown defense he should be able to fend off the attempts from Petrov and gas him out doing so, then work the body and head over until Petrov simply folds. I predict a mid to late second round finish for Lokki in this one Donkey!

Over to you Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Lokki via TKO (Strikes)

The predictions are supposed to be my job Hare! But yep, you’re spot on, and that is the direction I’d go as well. Although, I won’t dismiss that Petrov may get this to the ground at some point with enough attempts. Lokki proved against Purjalsta that he could survive there against a guy with low morale though, so I think as long as he stays on top of his grappling D, he should survive this one and at some point work a finish in there.

Undercard Bout #4: Middleweight

Bonjour Arrivederci (6-0-0) vs. Ibrahim Volkov (1-0-0)

Donkey, what should have been a great contest tonight is going to be marred slightly by Arrivederci coming in a little over 20% low on morale. It may not be the end of things for him tonight, but it certainly won’t help him with every little edge possible and in a fight like this, it may be needed! This is one that’s been hyped up well, as we’ve recently been told that Sean Smith, Volkov’s teammate and training partner, stuck around in Sydney this week after fighting earlier in the week specifically to be ringside for his buddy! Now that’s pretty cool Donkey!

Arrivederci comes in with a perfect, gleaming 6-0 record and tacked on that sixth win in his Sucker Punch debut last month against D B Cooper. Now, I’m not sure if that success is going to his head or not, but you’d think you’d want to stay on top of being fully prepared to keep that streak going! Instead, as we said, his morale is slightly down. Which is unbelievable, given he’s won all his fights, so we know his clothing is dirty as hell by this point, or he’s been training in an extremely dirty gym or sparring too much. Looking at his gym, Desert Fitness & Training out of Las Vegas, it’s in pristine condition, so it’s not the gym’s fault!

Arrivederci is a well-rounded fighter with respectable boxing, mediocre Muy Thai and, more importantly, superb wrestling with a blue belt in BJJ. It’s those last two that matter the most for him in his fights, as up till now he seems to prefer working on the ground, getting his strikes in when he can for points with the judges and then taking a submission if it presents itself. If not, well, then he’s working for that decision!

We only have one fight to go on for Volkov, but in that one he too went to the ground and wanted top position so he could work a powerful ground and pound, which he did in his first fight and won with only seven strikes thrown. You know those were landing with some heat! It’s not a lot of elbows down there like some throw, but instead, brutal hammerfists seem to be his go-to move!

Donkey’s Pick: Volkov via TKO (Strikes)

This one looks like it’s going to be a battle for position on the ground. Normally, I’d go with the fighter who had more tools in his belt in an all-out ground battle, which would be Arrivederci. But you know I won’t go with an underprepared fighter Hare, so I’m predicting the first notch in that loss column as a result of bad preparation. Volkov gets the victory unless he loses concentration and let’s Arrivederci submit him from below, or, simply ends up on his back and can’t get the sweep to gain the upper-hand.

Steve Norton (6-0-0) vs. Kid Old Young (2-7-0)

Wow, it seems that some cards, well, almost like the fighters are out to see if they can make you, Donkey, crazy…and me, well, me insane! Some cards it seems like the guys have it all together and are ready to go most of the night, others, like tonight’s card, end up disappointing me in a big way with entirely too many guys coming in unprepared. It’s those nights that make me go on a contract cutting spree, and tonight’s event is turning into one of those!

Steve Norton, who is 6-0 so far in his career, is not the one disappointing me. He came into his last fight, his first with Sucker Punch, prepared to extend his streak and did just that. Tonight, he comes in prepared again, and I very much expect he’s going to extend that beautiful record to 7 and 0 there Donkey! He’s a superb Muay Thai fighter with strong wrestling, although not much in boxing or BJJ. That means typically you’d expect to see him clinch up early and often and use that position to tenderize and brutalize his opponent. Sure enough, that’s what he did against Aure in his last fight, and Serve in the fight before that. I don’t think we need to look back any further to figure out what his plan is tonight!

Young is unlikely to have the will to last long if he gets taken into the clinch by Norton. Young is a versed fighter in most areas, with competent boxing, respectable wrestling and a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu. His two wins, which were spaced quite a bit with losses, came via both submission and strikes. Tonight, with his energy coming in slightly low, and his morale considerably lower than that, it’ll be tough for him to escape the clinch, and once there, the beating his body may take may not allow him to hold up for long due to lack of focus, confidence and starting energy. That’s a bad combination against a guy who wants to get in close and wear down the body.

Donkey’s Pick: Norton via TKO (Strikes)

I think you about covered it. If Young doesn’t survive this one…and I honestly find it hard to believe he will given his condition, it will likely be the first, and last, time you see him here in Sucker Punch given Hare’s mood this evening! For Norton, another win will take him to 7-0 and put him in a spot where it’s time to see what he can do against tougher, more prepared competition!

Main Card Bout #1: Featherweight

Destin Craven (3-1-0) vs. Ivan Mrka (1-0-0)

Alright, ok, here we go Donkey! Two fighters who are showing up for tonight’s event ready to rock and roll baby! It’s about time, we had to wait all the way to till we got to the Main Card to finally get a pair who were both ready to go, and that’s no knock on those in the Undercard fights who were, just on their opponents in most cases!

Craven has competent boxing and Muay Thai combined with proficient wrestling and a nice purple belt in BJJ. He’s won three in a row now, with his first fight against KJ Aldo coming last month for his debut at Sucker Punch! That was a three round decision that I know he wants to turn into a finish here tonight. Craven will take his shots from the feet when he can, but eventually likes to get it to the ground where he utilizes a balanced assault of strikes and submission attempts. The focus being to mostly use those strikes to get points, but also, loosen up the opponent until he loses focus and leaves himself open to submission.

Ivan Mrka makes his Sucker Punch debut tonight after taking the better portion of the past nine to ten months off from the cage to train and improve his skills. He’s got respectable Muay Thai along with strong wrestling and a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu. He won via submission, but that was so long ago that it’s hard to judge what he might go with now. Given the skills, I’d assume he plans to work the clinch, score shots if he can, but then use it to transition to the ground where he can work potential submissions further. He’ll be at the disadvantage on the ground tonight, given Craven’s purple belt so he may want to beware that approach and work the strikes in the clinch instead.

Donkey, what else have you got for us…?

Donkey’s Pick: Craven via Submission (Kimura)

Look, I’m going to give it to you straight here Hare. Yes, skill wise, Craven comes into this slightly ahead of Mrka. But the thing is, Mrka has been training considerably longer than Craven in this sport. You’d expect him to be light years ahead of where he is now. So…you have to wonder, did he lose a lot of training time along the way at some point, perhaps between managers, potentially spend a lot of time in bad Cozad gyms or…is he possibly just a very slow learner? All things that Dan Inacan, his new manager, will have to take into consideration as he continues to evaluate this young man. For Craven, this is a test of “can you focus and take care of business without overlooking your opponent”. That is a big test, and some young kids struggle with that. Let’s find out tonight!

Suzy was able to get a few minutes of Destin Craven’s time as he arrived from the airport…

Suzy Sucker Punch: Destin, nice to see you and you seem in good spirits for your upcoming fight! Do you see this being a challenge tonight, or are you prepared and confident that this is in the bag for you?

Destin Craven: Not sure why SPPS put me up against a shmuck like Mrka, but I'm new here and I'll take a grunt fight or two to prove that I'm the real deal. After I win this one, I want the winner of Jake vs. Skywalker. Or Alex Koslovski. Somebody tough.

Suzy Sucker Punch: Well, I’m sure they’ll adjust the level of competition as things move along, they always seem to when appropriate. But remember, it’s always important not to overlook the other fighter right in front of you! Good luck in your match against Mrka!

Main Card Bout #2: Featherweight

Dino Ebedi (2-0-0) vs. Hunter Killer (5-2-0)

Well Donkey, much like Arrivederci earlier on the card, Hunter Killer, his teammate, comes into this fight low on morale also. What is it with the friggin’ morale lately in the org Donkey? Is it me?!? Anyways, their manager, Boomerang !!, has been MIA for the past 15 days, so that probably explains it in these two cases.

Which is a shame, because Hunter Killer had a nice 5-2 record going up to this point. He lost his last fight to Skywalker, but at least he was prepared for that fight. This time though, he isn’t and he’s up against a Dino Ebedi who is! Killer has mediocre boxing, strong Muay Thai and respectable wrestling along with a blue belt. Typically, his move is to clinch up and abuse his opponent until he wants no more!

Killer may have a difficult time pulling that off tonight against Ebedi, who has respectable boxing, strong Muay Thai, competent wrestling and a purple belt in Jiu Jitus. And, isn’t low on morale. Ebedi is 2-0 on his career so far with both fights having taken place here with us at Sucker Punch. He’s been victorious via submission as well as going the distance in his last fight against Kongsangchai to win a decision from the judges. He’s not afraid to put his striking to work on the feet, but would much rather get to the ground and use his combination of striking and submission attempts there.

Donkey’s Pick: Ebedi via Submission (Armbar)

Hunter Killer is going to have to hassle his manager about the lack of attention, because not being active and giving him the best shot is going to destroy that nice record of his. Ebedi is 2-0, and likely to be 3-0 after tonight. Being that he comes into this full of focus and confidence, I have to go with him getting the better of the ground game, and making big moves up in the ranks due to it…putting himself in position to be talked about for contendership sooner rather than later with another win or two after this!

Main Card Bout #3: Welterweight

Pietro Marchionni (4-2-0) vs. Kahdi Mandinos (4-3-0)

With both of these warriors coming into this fight with four wins and both with winning records, we’re set for one heck of a showdown in this one Donkey! And, they’re both ready to rock and roll! Nice! About time tonight!

Mandinos was on a roll with three wins in a row here at Sucker Punch, right up until he ran into Diego Diaz in a battle for Top Contender. Diaz got the better of him in that one, winning a ground battle and turning the tables on the usual submission happy Mandinos. Now, Mandinos is on a mission to bounce back and get himself back into talks of Top Contender, and that mission starts with a battle against Marchionni tonight! Mandinos has some standup skills, but it is not his focus. Instead, he has superb wrestling and a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu that he relies on to work the ground game for submissions. He’s had four in his career thus far, but has also been subbed out twice, so something he needs to be careful to watch for when he’s focused on pulling off his own!

Marchionni had a win over a Diaz of his own last month, but a different Diaz, John Diaz. That was a unanimous decision in which he was no doubt shocked not to finish, as he worked the ground and pound to perfection shy of actually putting it away after landing all forty of his shots on the ground! Clearly, Marchionni likes the ground game, and specifically the rough stuff! With superb wrestling as well and also a purple belt, he and Mandinos are similarly talented on the ground, just with one having more of a sole focus on strikes while Mandinos looks for balance with a chance to sub. This will be a battle for ground position and a chess match of moves to see who can better the other tonight on the ground!

Donkey’s Pick: Marchionni via TKO (Cut))

Here’s what I worry about there Hare…Mandinos showed a tendency to cut early in his career. If Marchionni gets on top tonight, he’s going to lay down a brutal ground and pound. And if that happens, those cuts could raise their ugly head. Just a hunch, but I feel like that canvas may not be the same after this contest!

Co-Main Event

Heavyweight Bout

Boris Balkan (4-2-0) vs. Jan Hradek (8-3-0)

Well Donkey, we brought in Hradek, managed by Nick theUser, specifically to be a big test for Balkan, one that will determine if he is ready to be a Top Contender. He has all the skills for it, but can he show us in the cage? With a 4-2 record, his history says yes, but we’re looking for him to string two together here at Sucker Punch after having defeated Kingston Wall in his Sucker Punch debut last month!

Balkan is young at 21 years of age, yet, is an extremely talented fighter boasting strong boxing, sensational Muay Thai and a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu. His wrestling is mediocre, and still a work in progress, and while he has had shown an ability to both finish on the ground or stand and box in the past, tonight we’re likely to see him want to stay on the feet. First, we think that because he’s shown more of a tendency of late in that direction, but also because Hradek is a brown belt who has won almost solely via submissions.

Hradek’s skills outside Jiu Jitsu are all “functional” at mostly mediocre across the board. His real area of expertise is in Jiu Jitsu with that brown belt we discussed. He’s a former three time WCF champion and most recently submitted Nick Wright over in WCF via a kneebar. He’ll be looking to take this fight to the ground tonight and do something nasty to a part of the body that’s not supposed to bend in the direction he makes it. Most often, that’s an arm, so Balkan will have to be very careful what appendages he leaves hanging out there unprotected if this thing goes to the ground!

Donkey’s Pick: Balkan via TKO (Strikes)

Hradek is here for one night only in a cross-promotional match where we went out of our way to entice him to have a little fun on our side for the evening! Now, I think Balkan has the skills to defend the ground attack and proves that he deserves the title shot tonight. This is a very good test against an outstanding ground specialist and if he gets past Hradek, he certainly has earned the shot given his skillset and record. But, he is going to have to stay focused, Hradek is talented and dangerous, and one wrong move could have Hradek walking away back to WCF with the fans cheering for him and some cross-promotional hype going with him!

Main Event

Featherweight Bout

Luke Skywalker (2-3-0) vs. Jake Drake (5-0-0)

Donkey! I cannot tell you how happy I am that for our Main Event both Skywalker and Drake are coming in amped up, fueled up, confident and focused! Thank god Donkey! Not that I expected anything short of that, but after the start we had earlier tonight, I was getting nervous!

We’re about to find out where these two really belong in the Featherweight division here at Sucker Punch Donkey! At 2-3, Skywalker’s record seems less than stellar. But, he’s won his last two in a row, first against Mickey DIsmantle and then last month against Hunter Killer, showing dramatic progress in his game and moves in the right direction. A win tonight against a talented and well managed Jake Drake could propel him up the ladder and well into the Top 10 or even Top 5 of the division.

For Drake, this is a chance to show why he has a 5-0 record and that he can continue that success here at Sucker Punch, as tonight is his debut with us Donkey! Now, from what I’ve been told, this kid is pretty bright and at only 20 years old, is capable of being given basic instructions and then allowed to go hold his own out there in a fight. Given enough rope, he makes smart decisions and so far, that has led to a submission every single time out. He doesn’t have a big standup game, so he’s dependent upon getting it to the ground and then letting his wrestling and black belt in Jiu Jitsu take over!

Skywalker has exceptional wrestling, but only a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu. He won via submission two fights back, and via decision in his last fight. In that fight against Hunter Killer, he was also very focused on the ground game and attempting to get the submission, making twenty bids in various ways but settling for the decision instead rather than being able to finish. His skills in the standup game are only competent for both boxing and Muay Thai, but given the difference in belts tonight, he may want to use that bit of advantage in this contest. Unless he is extremely confident in that exception wrestling of his and the ability to pull through due to it.

Well Donkey, who’s coming out of this wearing the belt…?

Donkey’s Pick: Drake via Submission (Armbar)

Hunter Killer was only a blue belt last month with respectable wrestling against Skywalker, yet still managed to survive on the ground. That would suggest that going to the ground against Drake, who is a black belt, may be a risky venture. I’d say that I agree, the feet may be the way to go for Skywalker tonight. However, unless his takedown defense and defensive grappling are top notch, this may end up on the ground regardless, which it always has for Drake. At that point, Skywalker may be forced to use his craftiness to find a way…or find that anaconda taking hold!

Jake was available earlier this week before he left for Sydney, and Suzy was able to speak with him for a few minutes…

Suzy Sucker Punch: Jake, there doesn’t seem to be much secret to what you want to do when you get into the cage with an opponent. Your ground game is formidable, and all have fallen to your submissions so far. Is it a situation where you feel it’s ok if they know what’s coming if they still can’t stop it?

Jake Drake: Wrestling around is all fine and dandy, but it only seems to work out if you get the right jabs and poke the right holes. With BJJ, at least you almost always get the finish, and your opponent's face always looks worse off for it. Oh wait, are we talking about sex or fighting? Actually, works either way.

Suzy Sucker Punch: Um…well…I think Hare is calling me, I’ll have to talk to you later Jake, thanks for the um, interview!

Alright folks, no title on the line tonight, but plenty of top action and a chance for folks to make big moves up…and down…the ladder…or, in some cases with the guys who are coming in unprepared…right off the ladder altogether! Nope, I ain’t kidding, there’s a reckonin’ comin’ boys! Ha. So be there with us over at the Bondi tonight folks, let’s get it on and have some fun!

Till then…remember…

• Upvote 6

Wow.. great job by Luke Skywalker. Absolute domination, completely unexpected. Well done.

Skywalker truly came out with unbelievable focus and determination on preventing takedowns! I can only imagine that he and his team drummed away and pounded on takedown d and defensive grappling and possibly physicals for the entire month leading up to this fight! And dannnnng! Kudos where kudos are deserved!

jesus, 91 takedown attempts?? lol

91 :hehe: had training sessions drilling takedowns where I did much less than that and was totally exhausted by the end of it. Guess I don't have elite cardio.

LMFAO @ both of these responses! Yeah, imagine me seeing that when I woke up to go take a piss last night and couldn't resist peeking at the results, and I was like, "WTF?!?"

• Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1600804648SPPS_Poster_11.png

Post Event Cheap Shots

Sucker Punch Pro Series 11

Well hello again Sucker Punch Fans! As usual, I’m Hare Rumpler, along with my partner and analyst Donkey “Dan” and Suzy Sucker Punch, our esteemed and respected media correspondent! Today we’ll be taking a look back at the action from a couple nights ago over at the Bondi Outdoor Arena in Sydney to see just how the battles at Sucker Punch Pro Series 11 played out in front of the packed house!

Now, and yes, I know, I say this every single time lately, and then I don’t actually do it, but I do have an extremely busy week going on at that OTHER place that pays my bills and all. I think they want some work out of me this week or something, the nerve! But anyway, I do need to keep this short and sweet so I can get back to a few things I need to research. So…in trying my best not to spend a few hours on this, let’s get right to it after we hear all about our sponsor and merchandise partner!

Shadow Warrior Nutrition always sets us up brilliantly at these events, dishing out the samples and generally creating a party atmosphere with the swag and games and general craziness they bring all around the concourse! For those who want their boys to come prepared with the best training possible, these are the guys to visit! Their Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q is the best energy loss reduction supplement money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting! Check them out today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Sparring Bout

Jeremy Cross Defeats Sean Smile via Unanimous Decision

Ok Donkey, our first bout of the evening was a quick little three minute affair with two of Andrew Short’s latest and greatest hopefuls going out there to show what they’ve got!

Cross came out on top in this one, which honestly doesn’t make much of a difference in a fight like this. What Andrew Short really wanted to see out of this is what they were hiding under the covers, and if they lose, what kind of confidence they have not to go sulking about it for days like a little bitch!

Donkey, wanna do the honors here…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Sean Smile lost the fight, and in the process, lost about 29% of his morale. That’s not ideal by any stretch, so there’s a chance that that would have meant the end of his run with Short’s crew. Combine that with showing a good gas tank, which basically means he was probably given a bit too much cardio out of the gate to find other minor hiddens, and it’s likely his days may be numbered as part of Short’s stable of fighters. For Cross, he won, so we know nothing about his morale, but he showed that at least he has a good, solid chin. That’s something, and if he’s a fast enough learner, he’s likely to have an extended stay on the roster until such time that he loses a fight…when hopefully he’ll stay confident and remain on the roster then too.

Undercard Bout #2: Featherweight Sparring Bout

KJ Aldo Defeats Jean Jacque Custo via Submission (Armbar)

Well, in our first real contest of the evening you got the pick correct Donkey, just not the method of finishing! KJ Aldo comes out and gets a big W against Custo but does it via a submission rather than the TKO you anticipated.

We knew that a submission was a possibility though as you’ll note in the preview we specifically stated that, “he has used the clinch to get his strikes in when he can, but also likes to move the fight to the ground from there and then work on submission attempts.” In the first, Custo was the one able to move this to the ground fairly quickly, but both kids were unable to finish it there after offering up a submission attempt each. In the second, Aldo instead took things to the clinch, where he worked the head and body to get points with the judges, and frankly, could have potentially finished it via that TKO that Donkey predicted right there given that Custo was not offering up much in return.

Finally in the third, Custo took it to the ground again but immediately got himself in trouble with Aldo attempting submissions from the bottom. Custo left an arm hanging down a bit too temptingly for the second attempt, and that was enough to give Aldo the opening he needed to end this via armbar!

Anything Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

With morale issues all around this was anybody’s guess, I just happened to get the right one this time. Custo really showed the effects of the morale deficiency, offering up very little fight in this…well, fight. If that’s what you wanted to call it. Aldo made the best of a bad situation and got the win. We have spoken with his manager a bit though, and we’re going to be watching for a better level of preparation going into next month, as this fight was almost his last…with Hare showing some weakness in his resolve at the very last minute and giving him one more shot!

Sorsa Lokki Defeats Adrian Petrov via Unanimous Decision

Truth be told, I’m actually a little bit disappointed that Lokki wasn’t able to finish this one off without going to the judges there Donkey! Petrov came in extremely low on morale and was primed and ready for the picking in this fight. That said, Lokki does have a history of going the distance and requiring a decision to get his victories so far in his run here with us at Sucker Punch. Something I’m sure he’s working on, although, as they say, a win is a win is a win!

Also to be fair, Lokki did rock Petrov relatively early, shortly into the fifth minute of the first round. The concerning part there, is the lack of a finish against a morale challenged opponent! Petrov was able to shoot in for a takedown right at the end of the round to buy himself some crucial seconds and time to recover and be saved by the bell.

In the second, Petrov changed it up and scored the takedown, but Lokki was able to turn things around and reverse with a sweep shortly after, then spent the better portion of the round fending off sub attempts successfully as Petrov attempted them from bottom position. After getting the standup with a minute remaining, Lokki went back to scoring with shots on the feet, which he’d been doing with perfect accuracy so far in the fight while Petrov declined to even offer any, instead, focused solely on further takedown attempts.

In the third, it was back to boxing for most of the first two minutes, then a takedown by Petrov which allowed him to start working the ground and pound, while Lokki kept him on-guard with a couple submission attempts. Nobody was able to put things away for good though, and it came down to the points scored by Lokki on the feet that gave him the win.

Over to you Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Not really a lot more to add here Hare outside that Lokki won this pretty handily with the judges, even scoring a 10-8 round in the first. The judges were all in lockstep on the scoring, so clearly they felt pretty Lokki had won this definitively. With Petrov only offering up offense via submission attempts which failed early, and some ground and pound late, it was pretty easy to score this one for Lokki. Overall though, these are the types of fights against a disadvantaged opponent you want to end earlier though, so something to work on for Lokki going forward. For Petrov, both we and his manager had seen enough and he was sacked shortly after the fight…and then sacked by us as well here at Sucker Punch.

Undercard Bout #4: Middleweight

Ibrahim Volkov Defeats Bonjour Arrivederci via Unanimous Decision

Well Donkey, apparently having your teammate hang around for the week, as Sean Smith did for his buddy Volkov, is a good luck thing! That, and it doesn’t hurt to have your opponent come in down on his luck morale wise, which certainly doesn’t help in a close contest!

And with the loss, Arrivederci’s perfect record of 6-0 comes to an end, with the goose egg removed and replaced with a nasty little loss. 6-1 is still great, but it’s not nearly as beautiful as 7-0 and he has the morale issues to thank for that I think, especially in a contest that ends up close enough to go to the judges with a score of 29-28! Ouch, that one’s going to hurt for a while, and there’s nothing to blame but lack of preparation!

Volkov did what we’d seen in his one other fight that we had to go by, which is work the takedowns and then work on some nasty ground and pound once he got it on the mat. He landed a high percentage, and to Arrivederci’s credit, the boy can take a beating. I’m not sure that’s something I’d boast about on my resume though Donkey!

Donkey’s Takeaways:

With this win, Volkov moves to 2-0 on the career and starts things out here at Sucker Punch on the right foot! Robert Smith has to be thrilled with the result for both of his fighters here over the past week as Sean Smith pulled off the win to go 2-0 as well in his debut with us. Things are certainly looking up for these boys and they are representing well! The only issue, they’re both Middleweights, so at least point if the both keep winning having them dance around one another is going to be interesting! It looks like Boomerang !!, manager for Arrivederci was back on site within the past day or so, so hopefully that means his fighters will again get the attention they deserve before it hampers them too much as you’ll find out later in this review that Hunter Killer, another member of Boomerang’s stable, also took a loss at this event.

Steve Norton (6-0-0) vs. Kid Old Young (2-7-0) Declared No Contest

Ok, this one I’m absolutely, positively, 100% pissed about Donkey!

Kid Old Young comes into the org and the very first thing his manager does is have him come to a fight overweight and unable to cut, leaving his opponent prepared but lacking a fight and the event itself taking a hit in rating due to his negligence.

This is not right at all for the opponent, in this case Steve Norton, who was ready to go, had prepared and probably rested for this fight. This is one of the few situations where I’ll flat out remove somebody immediately, especially if there’s been no communication about concerns or issues being prepared in time. So, that said, Kid Old Young is Kid So Long!

Donkey’s Takeaways:

It sucks, but luckily we have some fantastic managers in this org, and another of our guys stepped up and Norton is scheduled to fight in 10 days, which still doesn’t make up for the lost time resting, but hopefully gets him some good action and a chance to go out there and show what he’s got going!

Main Card Bout #1: Featherweight

Destin Craven Defeats Ivan Mrka via Submission (Triangle)

Ivan Mrka almost got to the end of the first round and almost escaped without giving up the loss via submission. Almost. Unfortunately, almost only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and nuclear bombs! Instead, Craven was able to keep the pressure on with the submissions and nail this with eight seconds remaining before the bell!

For much of the first minute in this fight Mrka and Craven boxed a little and then spent time going in and out of the clinch. Craven was able to land a shot or two before they clinched up and Mrka was able to get a good one in from within the clinch. As we said in the preview though, “Craven will take his shots from the feet when he can, but eventually likes to get it to the ground where he utilizes a balanced assault of strikes and submission attempts.” Sure enough, that’s exactly what he did, clinching up and scoring a trip takedown into side control just before the minute mark.

Once on the ground, Craven began attempting to use strikes, as he likes to do, to soften up Mrka and gain opportunities for submissions. Mrka was doing a really nice job defending against the strikes, preventing any from landing, which also allowed him to relax some and defend against the subs while looking for an opportunity to improve position.

Eventually, Mrka got the opportunity to reverse and gain the top, at which point he was able to take his turn dishing out the strikes. He got one through, but Craven was busy with his naughty little plans from the bottom, and after missing with a triangle attempt was able to work his way into a better opportunity a minute later, finally securing the triangle and able to lock it in tight, forcing the tap out by Mrka!

Donkey’s Takeaways:

We’ll have to see if Craven respects Mrka any more now than he seemed to before the fight. I thought Mrka did fairly well, really showing some nice strike defense against the ground and pound, but just wasn’t able to avoid the submissions. With this win, Craven moves to 4-1, with two wins back to back here at Sucker Punch. He’ll get a shot to face some new competition next month, and we’ll see if he’s still just as unimpressed with it then! For Mrka, the loss here in his debut with Sucker Punch moves him to 1-1 after his QFC test fight win back in late 2019. He’s seen what he has to work with now once in the cage, and I’m sure his manager and team are hard at work today planning what to work on and how to come out next!

Main Card Bout #2: Featherweight

Dino Ebedi Defeats Hunter Killer via TKO (Strikes)

Ha, you just can’t seem to get the finish correct here on this card Donkey! This time you called from submission, and it was TKO! LOL!

Ebedi comes in and does exactly what you should do with an opponent whose team doesn’t have him focused and ready to go, and that’s dish out a loss for them! This was impressive, because Ebedi basically beat Killer at his own game here, as Killer prefers to stay in standup, albeit more by getting into the clinch. And Killer did attempt to clinch but was turned away all three times by Ebedi who was having none of it!

Instead, Ebedi did a fantastic job of keeping this fight separated and on the feet and using his boxing skills to pick apart a demoralized Hunter Killer. The crowd certainly appreciated the big ending, with a huge overhand right coming over the top to drop Killer, leading to just a couple more strikes from mount before the ref did his job!

Donkey, how about that…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

With this win Ebedi moves to a perfect 3-0 and puts himself smack into the middle of the contender conversation going forward for the division! One more big win and he probably can’t be denied. That challenge will come against shooting star Luke Skywalker next month as these two vie to see just who is in line for a title shot sooner rather than later! For Hunter Killer, this is a disappointing, and potentially avoidable, loss as he moves to 5-3 and sees his gleaming record starting to evaporate. He’s now lost to both Skywalker and Ebedi, and certainly didn’t do himself any favors with lack of preparation for this fight. He’ll need a big bounce back to get himself back into the picture as his only win so far in Sucker Punch was against underprepared KJ Aldo three fights back.

Kahdi Mandinos Defeats Pietro Marchionni via TKO (Slam)

When the tale of the tape tells you that a guy has knockout power, the last thing you expect to see is a guy use a SLAM to prove it! But that’s just what Mandinos did the other night, and while the crowd wasn’t as responsive as I thought they’d be to it, I was pretty damned excited Donkey! I know getting the KO that way is a bit of a fluke for the most part, unless you prove it wasn’t and can do it again, but damn, it’s still hella impressive!

Marchionni got the takedown right from the bell I this one, but after a sub attempt from the top lost top position in a scramble after the ankle lock couldn’t be locked on! With Mandinos on top, he continued to fire off a couple more submissions, unable to finish and allowing Mandinos opportunities to transition into side control which provided opportunities for some nice ground and pound with the elbows. Just after two minutes in, Mandinos got the mount and it was looking really bad for Marchionni as he was taking a beating from the top and even gave Mandinos the opportunity to go for a guillotine which Marchionni was able to control and escape.

Just seconds before the bell, Mandinos was able to land a nasty elbow that rocked Marchionni, which he followed up by posturing and pounding a bit more. Marchionni was in real trouble but got saved by the bell!

You have to wonder if the break was enough for Marchionni or not, because he came out, threw a jab to start the second, and BANG!...Mandinos picked him up…

Mandinos counters with a double leg that slams his opponent to the canvas! Marchionni is in trouble here! Mandinos pounds away until the ref steps in to end the bout!

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Well, I don’t think a single soul could have called that one Hare! Exciting stuff and earned Mandinos the KO of the Night award! It’s not every day you see somebody pull of a move like that to end it, so it’s just got to be recognized! With that win, Mandinos moves to 5-3 and bounces back from a disappointing loss to Diego Diaz, a missed opportunity to go on and fight to be Top Contender. However, if he keeps wins like this coming, he’ll be right back in that picture soon! Marchionni drops to 4-3, and while still in good shape in the division will have some work to do to prove he deserves to be talked about along with the other top fighters in the Welterweight class.

Co-Main Event

Heavyweight Bout

Boris Balkan Defeats Jan Hradek via KO (Punch)

This next fight for our Co-Main Event was intended to be a “prove it” fight for Boris Balkan! Jan Hradek was brought in specifically to give Balkan a big test and determine if Boris really was the real deal deserving of a title shot. On paper, everything said yes. His skills, scream yes. But, could he reinforce that YES with two quality wins in a row here at Sucker Punch? The answer…was YES!

Hradek was definitely going to give Balkan a test on the ground if he could get it there. And twenty seconds into this fight, Hradek did just that, taking this thing to the mat and immediately turning on the submission attempts, something he is more than adept at! Could Balkan be in trouble here, or can he pass this test, which was now on in full-on “ok, let’s see you handle this!” mode!

Rather than cave to the pressure, Balkan escaped an ankle lock attempt and used the opportunity to gain top position then proceeded to reject four more Hradek sub attempts, all triangles! Worn out a bit from those triangle misses, Hradek allowed a lull in the action that Balkan was more than happy to take and use to get back to the feet.

On the feet, Balkan moved to the clinch to start wearing and tearing on Hradek’s body. He was perfect in the clinch, landing fourteen for fourteen shots to the head and five perfect strikes to the body! That’ll do its damage for sure, especially when delivered in an intense flurry of action over two minutes!

With Boris winning the first round with the judges, we took a break and moved to the second round, which wasn’t destined to last long! The bell barely had time to finish it’s clang before Balkan was all over Hradek, a huge uppercut folding his legs…but the ref let him get back up, apparently to take more abuse…and then a big ole right straight down the pipe left Hradek on the ground for the trainers to wake up!

Donkey, nice action huh…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Balkan survives his test and will now have the opportunity to see if he can bring the same intensity and hunger to a title fight! Next up…big Thoth Chontamenti! I don’t really think I need to say much more here than that…Balkan has had some big wins…he needs his next to be the biggest of his career! Good luck young man!

Main Event

Featherweight Bout

Luke Skywalker Defeats Jake Drake via Unanimous Decision

This next fight was absolutely insane Donkey! I mean…it’s already been talked about on the forums, and when you have a fight that the guys in the org are mumbling about the next day, you know some crazy stuff went down! For this fight, it was the…get ready for it…NINETY-ONE takedown attempts by Jake Drake! Say what, that was a typo right? Nope, you read that correctly, that was a 9…followed by a 1!

Jake got his shot. After SEVENTEEN takedown attempts in what was just shy of two minutes in the first, he finally landed one! Now, the question is…was he beat and worn out already by that point, to the point of not being able to capitalize on it? I mean, while he was trying all those takedowns Skywalker was slipping and avoiding them beautifully, in several cases, making Drake pay for it with a nice counter shot in return!

The point is, after a well-worked for takedown into Skywalker’s guard…Drake got exactly ninety seconds there before the ref stood it up. Drake was mostly controlling the action down there, not staying active enough, again, possibly due to gassing over the first two minutes of action and so many failed takedowns…and once this fight went back to the feet by the ref, it had to be demoralizing considering what Drake had invested to get it there!

The rest of this fight was very straightforward. Skywalker with stellar takedown defense and preparation for the attack by Drake, which admittedly was very, very one-dimensional. Skywalker made him pay with well-placed shots and counters, not enough to put himself at risk of failing to defend the takedown attempts, but enough to score the points he needed. He rode that all the way through three rounds and won this fight in an overwhelming vote of confidence by the judges, as they awarded him two 10-8 rounds to close it out.

Well Donkey, how about that crazy stuff eh…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

That was some kinda of insanity there Hare! Yeah, Drake was gassed out after the first half round, possibly even before he got it to the ground. After that, the rest of this fight was just him going through the same motions over and over again, without any real energy or force behind them. The likelihood of him getting it to the ground again was next to none, and Skywalker stayed focused on the task at hand, which was making sure that was the case! For Skywalker, you can only say amazing things about his prep for this fight. Way to come in with a plan, train and prepare for that plan, and then get it done! He propels himself right up into the conversation within the Featherweight division and has been on some wild ride, starting out 0-3, but riding what really matters, a 3-0 streak now!

Some crazy stuff the other night folks, especially that last Main Event fight! Check it all out, and if you were you there, that turned out to be a much more interesting night than we anticipated, so Meh! to anybody who didn’t buy a ticket and get down to the Bondi in Sydney! Had a fun time with our Sucker Punch fans who were there, can’t wait till next time tomorrow night! Same place, same time, different date, more amazing action! See you then!

Till then…remember…

• Upvote 5

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1600894111SPPS_Poster_12.png

Sucker Punch Preview

Sucker Punch Pro Series 12

Hello Sucker Punch fans! Here we go again…and wow, can you believe that we’ve now reached a full dozen Pro Series events since we finished our Cockshot Sorter Series events that kicked things off for us?!? Unbelievable!

Tonight the action kicks off again over at the fantastic Bondi Outdoor Arena in Sydney, and I, Hare Rumpler, along with my partner and analyst Donkey “Dan” and Suzy Sucker Punch, our media correspondent, will be there with you for all the fun and excitement! But before we show up for the event live in its full glory tonight, let’s take a sneak peek at all the action in store for us.

Tonight’s event is going to be a very varied one folks. It won’t include a title fight, nor will our event after this one for SPPS 13 either due to some down time for our champions, but soon after the belts will start being on the line again. Instead, tonight we’ll have four Welterweight bouts for you, one to start out the evening and three more that are up there on the Main Card. We also have four Lightweight fights lined up and ready to go, three of which will be the majority of our Undercard for the evening…and the last set up as our Main Event!

Also thrown into the mix will be a Featherweight bout between Mickey DIsmantle and Ripper Stallone, which, Donkey, is actually one of the fights I’m looking most forward to…yet it will be the third of the evening on the Undercard! So don’t miss that folks. We also have a sparring match that comes in fairly well rated and hyped given one of the fighters is not brand new to the cage, which is unusual, so that will be the fight that kicks off the Main Card a little later in the evening!

So yes, a bunch of top notch action ready to go for us tonight…I can’t wait!...so let’s hear from our sponsor and merchandise partner and then get to the good stuff!

Our fantastic and respected sponsor is Shadow Warrior Nutrition! Many of you already know them as the providers of Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, THE energy loss reduction supplements! For those of you who aren’t in the know on that, you should be, because this is the way you keep your fighter training more often and not taking sessions off to try to keep his energy above 90%! If you aren’t using this supplement, hurry over and check them out today, you will not be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Welterweight

Thanos Reigns (2-5-0) vs. John Diaz (3-6-0)

Well, we open the night with this Welterweight bout Donkey and I’m hoping that this won’t be a trend for the evening and that I’m not going to be full-on ranting and raving by the end of this preview! However, we are starting out with two gentlemen who approach this fight very differently. And by that I mean that Thanos Reigns is somewhat primed and ready to go, with his morale off about 15%…and John Diaz, well…he’s not so much with his morale below 50%.

*taking deep, relaxing breaths…* Now…I’m not going to go on a tirade here Donkey…Yet. But…I’m just going to say this as calmly as possible...anybody who keeps coming in with low morale, and can’t back their poor decision making up with quality wins and good fights…will likely be finding themselves on the chopping block sooner than later. I’ve been much more proactive about that lately as I’m refusing to continue giving card space to guys who aren’t going to come prepared. So, if your morale is down, you may either be flat out getting cut from the org, or, getting a message from me telling you you’re going to sit until it’s fixed. I think that’s more than fair after all this time.

Not gonna lie here Donkey, Reigns surprised both of us last month by pulling off a win against Igor Nox. We had been discussing in the preview that relative to others his age, his development was considerably behind. Yet, he took that statement and our questioning whether he was going to be able to find wins going forward, and shoved it right in our faces! Good on him! Reigns is a Muay Thai artist, and as such, loves the clinch. When he can get there, he’s usually dominant in that position with a smattering of shots to the head and body with the fists, but the real damage comes from the knees.

Diaz is a boxer who also has a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu. His three prior wins have all come via submission, so keeping him standing is the priority. His goal will be obviously, strike from separation when possible, and get the takedown when it’s available. If the fight goes to the clinch, try to get out of that position and get to the ground to work the submission game.

Donkey’s Pick: Reigns via TKO (Strikes)

This one is easy, way to throw me a grapefruit to start out the evening Hare! Reigns should win this with ease so long as he doesn’t get caught daydreaming and flatfooted resulting in a trip to the ground early. Other than that, he doesn’t even need to change his approach and strategy. Work the clinch, wear down the body and batter Diaz, and with such low morale to start he should crumble like an oatmeal cookie in milk! Diaz has a 3-6 record and has never changed his clothes, so he’s been working most of his career so far with low morale. And that’s how a record like that will start to snowball out of control in the wrong direction…downhill.

Undercard Bout #2: Lightweight

Ko Artist (2-4-0) vs. Waampa Woodoo (2-7-0)

Well, no sense getting all riled up over this one Donkey, because yes, we do have another fighter in this second fight of the evening who is very unprepared…Ko Artist…but it shouldn’t come as a surprise as he’s managed by the same manager, Jeffrey Roberts. This has become a recurring theme for him that the morale of his fighters is perennially bad. And they mostly have the same thing in common, still wearing the tighty-whities, never changed no matter how many losses they take. I’ve already reached out to Mr. Roberts Donkey to see if he will respond and if anything can be done to get him on board with fixing these issues…and the law, so to speak, has been laid down regarding potential cutting or sitting until the issues are resolved.

Now, all that said, let’s discuss Artist’s opponent for the evening, Waampa Woodoo! I love the name Donkey. The record, not so much at 2-7. But, this kid is coming in fully amped up and ready to rock, so perhaps tonight in his Sucker Punch debut he’ll start the process of stringing together wins! He had a win in his last fight against…well, I don’t even know how to pronounce this Donkey, but…Bambang Pamungkas. That was over with an organization called Tatakai, which again, I don’t know what that means if it has a translation, nor honestly, had I ever heard of the org before now. I’m guessing it may have been a temporary testing org, as it is run (sorta, there are no current fighters signed) by Woodoo’s manager, Cysole Dean.

Anyways, I got off-topic there, sorry. Woodoo is a Muay Thai artist with a modest amount of skills in other areas, including mediocre wrestling and a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu. Tonight, he’ll face a similarly skilled fighter in more ways than one with Artist, although Artist usually tends to lean towards boxing despite having wonderful Muay Thai as well. Expect Woodoo to work the body and soul while in the clinch, similar to our first fight of the evening.

Donkey’s Pick: Woodoo via TKO (Strikes)

With his morale below 40%, this is unlikely to go well for Artist and Woodoo should make short work of it. A 3-7 record still won’t turn many heads, but stringing two together and getting on the right track, well, that’s something to be happy about! For Artist…change those clothes! Your gym mates are starting to tap out in submission!

Mickey DIsmantle (2-2-1) vs. Ripper Stallone (2-3-0)

Stallone comes into this next Featherweight bout a little low on energy, but not ridiculously so at about 90%. As long as this fight doesn’t go the distance it may not be a major issue. Tonight, Stallone makes his Sucker Punch debut after previously fighting with Checkmate. He’ll look across the cage tonight and see Mickey DIsmantle, who has had some trying times of late with a loss to Luke Skywalker, followed up last month by a surprising draw against Ecce Homo.

Stallone is fairly well rounded, with strong boxing, mediocre Muay Thai and wrestling as well as a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu. Three fights back, and actually, the same if you go back five to his debut fight in MMA, he won via submission. That seems to have stuck in his head, perhaps a bit in a tunnel vision sort of way, as his past two fights he’s taken the fight to the ground at one point or another. Ill-advised moves I might add, given he was up against a black belt and a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu in those last two fights.

Tonight, Stallone may be fine if he decides to try his hand at the ground game yet again and potentially go for submissions, as Mickey DIsmantle typically wants nothing to do with the ground, instead preferring to box. Mickey has exceptional Muay Thai and proficient wrestling, so the clinch is always a threat should he decide to use it, but historically he prefers to stand and bang!

Over to you Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: DIsmantle via TKO (Strikes)

The weak area of DIsmantle’s game has been his ground game and the defense against it. So I’m going to take a wild guess here and suggest he’s probably been working on that quite a bit. At least, that’s what I would have suggested. So I’m thinking he comes in with a recent focus on takedown defense and grappling or transitions, and that should give him a bonus to those areas. If that’s the case, it’s likely he may be able to fend off a blue belt with mediocre wrestling on the ground. Stallone may still be best suited to work the clinch and try to go with an area Mickey has never preferred to use.

Undercard Bout #4: Lightweight

Bobolo Jubbly (2-3-0) vs. Cole Hotman (1-1-0)

Ok, here we go Donkey, both Jubbly and Hotman are all set and ready to give it their best tonight for us as we get a bit deeper into the Undercard here! Hallelujah!

After taking a loss in his Sucker Punch debut last month, Hotman is intent upon coming in here and getting the wins going against Jubbly tonight! He has exceptional Muah Thai complimented with competent boxing and wrestling. In his first pro fight, he won using his feet, kicking the legs and body well and showing that he loves to let those things fly! However, against Diaz last month, he was exposed in his inability to handle the ground game, especially with his ability to transition out of danger to escape.

Jubbly is going to put Hotman to the test and see if he focused on fixing some of those issues over the past month. Jubbly has no stand-up game whatsoever, focusing entirely on the ground. If Hotman can keep him from taking it to the ground, or, end it early with some well placed strikes…most likely with those feet…then he could grab the W and get out of there quickly. However, he may want to watch those kicks, if he puts them up high regularly, Jubbly is likely going to take advantage and use it to put him on the ground!

Jubbly is a submission artist with a brown belt. He’s been on a tough run lately, having lost his last three against Guy River, Rey Bargos and Frankie Logan before that. All via TKO’s and KO’s. So the risk is there that he could get pounded on and taken out by Hotman if he’s not very careful in how he goes about trying to get this thing to the ground!

Donkey’s Pick: Jubbly via Submission (Kimura)

This is one of those classic striker vs. grappler fights and really, with the right strike or the quick takedown it could go either way, and do it fast! So I’m just going on a hunch here that Jubbly breaks his slump and gets it to the ground. Mostly because I worry that Hotman will put one of those kicks up high, get countered and…BAM!...find his butt on the ground. And I’m not convinced he’s improved quite enough yet to handle the ground game in this fight, although he may surprise us!

Undercard Bout #5: Lightweight

Robin Van Doen (1-3-0) vs. Kira Yoshikage (0-1-0)

Well, here we go Donkey, two more that are set and ready to go at it full force tonight, I like it! I could get used to this Donkey! Haha.

Robin Van Doen is 1-3, but those three losses came prior to joining Sucker Punch and in his debut last month he was able to walk away with a big win over Sho Pereyra. Tonight, he gets tested against a prepared opponent in Kira Yoshikage! Van Doen is a standup fighter with exceptional Muay Thai and competent boxing. He uses a varied attack with striking from the hands and feet, and in the clinch adding his knees into the action.

Yoshikage is a ground specialist with competent wrestling and a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu. With the exception of one decision victory, his other three wins have all come via submission. In his first fight here at Sucker Punch last month, he was caught off-guard by Mike Snot and a Superman Punch ended Yoshikage’s evening. Tonight, against another striker and only his second experience outside grappling only action, he’ll be looking to learn from that experience and rely upon his skills to get the fight to the ground and end Van Doen’s evening via a submission instead!

Donkey’s Pick: Yoshikage via Submission (Armbar)

Clearly, Yoshikage is susceptible to being taken down, and taken down hard, via a good hard shot when standing. That’s something he’ll have to watch for tonight, and perhaps take a more counter approach to getting the fight to the ground. If he does get it to the ground though, the combination of Van Doen being limited to woeful wrestling and a white belt might leave him helpless and in trouble. I expect that going forward, both of these fighters will be looking to build on and develop defensive skills in the opposite areas. They are still young, so there’s a lot of time for that!

Main Card Bout #1: Sparring Bout

Ousmane Cisse (0-0-0) vs. Vito Taualai (2-1-0)

So Donkey, as a quick little intermission between the five fights we just saw on the Undercard and then the next four fights after this one on the Main Card we have a little three minutes, single round contest between these two young kids.

Taualai actually has some professional experience, coming in with a 2-1 record. We know from those fights that he has a granite chin and, based upon the most recent loss only 10 days ago, a fairly good bit of confidence! Nice. Tonight, he’ll be sent out there by his manager Optimal with instructions to test the new kid, Cisse, out and see if he’s worth adding to the team.

Cisse is a boxer with a small amount of wrestling tossed in as a bonus. He’s ready to go tonight, hoping that he can show his manager that he’s got something worthwhile under the covers. As a fresh, pimple faced 18 year old he’s going to get a rude awakening to MMA unless Optimal gave specific instructions for Taualai to go easy on him, which is quite possible considering Taualai comes in with injuries still from his prior fight.

Donkey’s Pick: Nope.

I don’t do picks for sparring bouts. We already know what we’re dealing with with Taualai, so really, this is all about Cisse! It’ll be the one and only time in his career that we can ever say that, so enjoy the spotlight kid! Hopefully, you didn’t come with a bunch of comics in your back pocket or a lack of focus and confidence outside the bedroom!

Main Card Bout #2: Welterweight

Ceedee Queen (1-0-0) vs. Andrey Nikonov (4-3-0)

Alright, now this is what I’m talking about when I look for Main Card action Donkey! Two kids who are ready to go out there, get at it, and give it everything they have! Both are fueled up and brimming with confidence, what every fan in this place wants to see tonight!

Ceedee Queen, managed by THE Million Dollar Man Ted Diabiase (hey, I’ve seen that guy on tv Donkey!), is making his Sucker Punch Pro Series debut tonight! Well, this is the way you come in, prepared to put up your best in a debut, Donkey! He won his first professional fight in a QFC fight against Hanzo Hasashi who retired immediately after. Well, there’s a good sign, when you end somebody’s career in your first professional fight, eh Donkey? Actually, he quit after losing another one after he fought Queen, but let’s not worry about the details here. Anywho…Queen has some standup skills, but his real area of focus is on his sensational wrestling and purple belt in Jiu Jitsu. There’s really no way to avoid saying it, this kid likes the rough stuff Donkey, and he likes to be the one dishing it out in some nasty ground and pound! Sure beats the alternative, huh?

Nikonov is a more balanced version of Queen, with less wrestling ability but more standup skill in both boxing and Muay Thai. He prefers the clinch as the location of choice to dish out the pain for his part, but doesn’t seem to be opposed to going for a sub or two when on the ground. That’s something Queen will have to watch carefully if he gets Nikonov on the ground, as he could still be dangerous from the bottom. Coming off two wins over his prior couple fights, Nikonov really wants to use this opportunity to get back to .500 and, more importantly, show that his recent trend is one that should get attention!

Donkey’s Pick: Queen via TKO (Strikes)

This is a very, very tough one to pick Hare! And honestly, I’m not sold on making a pick in either direction here, it’s going to be a very fun fight to watch and see how it goes! Nikonov has the better standup, but is it good enough to finish? And if not, is it good enough to keep Queen from working to the ground from the clinch? If it does go to the ground, is Nikonov’s purple belt and wrestling good enough to hold off Queen from inflicting too much damage with the strikes…or, even pull off a submission? So many questions, I’m flipping the coin on this one!

John Fuller (3-2-0) vs. Sean MacCarthy (4-5-0)

Well, it’s a little disappointing that this is our last fight of the night before our two Main Events there Donkey and yet MacCarthy is coming into this fight with his morale off by at least 25%. I know what that means as far as your pick for this fight goes, without even looking any further!

MacCarthy is a superb wrestler with a blue belt in BJJ. He lost his last fight to Andrey Nikonov via TKO, won via TKO the one before that but lost the prior two. So in his past five fights, since he’s been with Sucker Punch, he is current 2-3. That’s in line with his overall record as well. It’s no surprise that he took a loss to Nikonov, as he was off on morale for that fight as well, so MacCarthy is a repeat offender in this regard. If he loses tonight, there’s a high likelihood I’m going to have to be talking with his manager in the morning about his morale status and how it affects his success rate!

Fuller, managed by Yamashita Craven, went on a little bit of a rough spell for a couple months with losses to a talented Malachi Routerhead and then to DJ Costune. However, he bounced back and defeated Hugh Saber last month with a KO of the Night performance and will be looking to come out to similar results tonight! Fuller is a ground and pound specialist who will go for the submission if it stares him in the face.

Donkey’s Pick: Fuller via TKO (Strikes)

This fight should find its way to the ground sooner than later as both have skills in that area. Once it does, I expect the lack of morale to be the difference maker that allows Fuller to exert his will and dominance on the ground, setting him up for the opportunity to let the strikes fly! We’ll see if that holds true, but in a tough, close fight, you have to think any edge can be the difference maker, and the morale gives Fuller that edge!

Suzy Sucker Punch: Guys, I didn’t actually speak with MacCarthy or his manager this week, but, an inside source from the camp had this to say…which may be another reason MacCarthy could falter this evening…

Anonymous Source: This didn’t come from me but Sean MacCarthy hasn’t actually been in the gym at all in the run up to this fight and he’s been living off takeaway and microwave meals ever since his girlfriend kicked him out of their flat!

Suzy Sucker Punch: Obviously, combined with what we already know about his morale, this makes a lot of sense. If he can pull off a win, it might be a miracle. We’ll find out tonight!

Co-Main Event

Welterweight Bout

Konrad Wagner (4-0-0) vs. Baldomir Barbosa (3-2-0)

This next one is a biggie Donkey with huge implications in the Welterweight division! It should be an awesome fight and is very worthy of the Co-Main Event!

Konrad Wagner is a former dentist turned sadist…wait…they’re the same thing aren’t they Donkey?!? At 4-0, Xyel Pain’s protégé is a standup beast at such a young age and has finished three of his four victories via TKO or KO. He’ll work in or out of the clinch, so pick your poison…but he prefers that you keep the fight standing, none of that silly ground business please!

Barbosa was 1-2 prior to joining Sucker Punch two fights ago, with two of those losses in QFC contests. Since joining us here, he’s put together two solid wins over Hugh Saber and Niki Geo, both via TKO. In both of those battles, he took the fight to the clinch, and once there, it was the beginning of the end for his opponent. Clearly, if this has to be a standup war tonight between Barbosa and Wagner, he’s going to prefer to do the same. While Wagner doesn’t seem to mind either, I’m thinking he may prefer to stay apart and box because, well, why do what Barbosa wants?!? Haha.

Donkey’s Pick: Wagner via TKO (Strikes)

The winner of this fight is likely to get the opportunity at a Top Contender battle following this, so the stakes are big if you see yourself wanting a chance at the title in the next few months! Barbosa has KO Power. We know that from his early fights. Wagner was a little devil and had such a motor and gas tank that he hid anything else he might have shown us. So I can’t use that to go by to make a difficult pick here Hare! Being that this fight likely stays on the feet, and Wagner is the more skilled strictly in those areas not counting Barbosa’s blue belt in Jiu Jitsu, I’m going with Wagner. Watch Barbosa surprise us all and decide to use a ground game though, haha!

Main Event

Lightweight Bout

Maximus Furioto (7-3-0) vs. Guy River (1-1-0)

I can’t wait for this Main Event Donkey! Both of these warriors are juiced up and both definitely have the eye of the tiger going on! That’s fantastic, and we can’t thank the managers of River and Furioto enough for making sure their guys are here to give it their best!

Guy River is 1-1 on his career with the first fight, a loss, coming in the QFC back in late 2019. Let’s just dismiss that one, because let’s face it, that was a test fight and means nothing. So essentially he’s 1-0 for what matters. And that win was over a very talented ground specialist in Bobolo Jubbly, impressive! He fought off a ton of submissions, as he lost focus and got taken down early by Jubbly, but bounced back, held on, got the bell and then ended it with his hands early in the second via KO. A very good fight that showed his heart and determination. River has KO power, and he sure put it on display!

Tonight, River will face Furioto, another ground specialist. My recommendation, have those hands do their job much faster tonight, because Furioto is a machine on the ground, with exceptional wrestling and a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu! Previously managed by my own Yabai-mate, Carlos Castenada, Furioto did big things in the Alliance World Championships and was a submission beast. Once let go, he was picked up quickly by Ivan Grozny who will see if he can manage Furioto to similar success tonight in his debut both with us as well as with Grozny!

Well Donkey, who will it be Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: River via TKO (Punches)

You know Hare, normally I lean towards the ground guys when the skill level down there is tops, because it just seems like at some point they get the fight down there. But one of the few losses Furioto has is via a KO, and River definitely has the power and skill to pull it off. And, well, if not and it goes to the ground, River proved he could fend off a ground specialist there. Not one of this caliber mind you, but still. If it goes to the ground, we’re definitely going to find out how good River is there in defense, because if he isn’t right on top of his game, this will end in submission if it sees the mat!

Fun stuff in store for us tonight at SPPS 12 folks! For the most part, with just a few exceptions, our fighters are all geared up and ready to go tonight, full of energy, confidence and high hopes for their futures! I’m looking forward to seeing this one with all our fantastic fans over at the Bondi in Sydney this evening, hope to see you there as well…get that ticket folks!

Till then…remember…

• Upvote 7