Sucker Punch Pro Series (Unrestrained) Opens in Sydney

HareRumpler

1 hour ago, kfuhrer said:

Haha! this is what happens when when you've had a few to many whiskeys and are trying hype a potential fight......You say snakes instead of snacks 🤣

No matter the challenge, Akara will be ready, after hearing about the puffy snake match he's hired an expert in the field of Snake combat to help him prep for the coming fight.

MV5BMTJhMDNhYzQtODFkZS00MGZmLThmNDQtMWZm

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

SPPS159-Poster.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 159

Hey folks, Hare Rumpler here along with my pal and co-host, Donkey “Dan”…as well as, none other than the infamous Nati Bobatti!  Yes, Nati will be jumping in here today with the first five fights as she lays out the Undercard for SPPS 159!  Donkey and I will step in for the top four fights on the Main Card as we bring you a bunch of fun…and help those from the States celebrate their Treason Day!

Being that this is a holiday weekend for many of our managers…and we hope they’re enjoying some down time if they can…we’re going to jump right ahead and get into this thing! 

So let’s get into a word from our sponsor and merchandise partner and then get to the good stuff folks!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Our fantastic and respected sponsor is Shadow Warrior Nutrition!   Many of you already know them as the providers of Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q., THE energy loss reduction supplements!  For those of you who aren’t in the know on that, you should be, because this is the way you keep your fighter training more often and not taking sessions off to try to keep his energy above 90%!  If you aren’t using this supplement, hurry over and check them out today, you will not be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

As mentioned, you get a bit of NatiBatti action going on here to start things off with the Undercard…my apologies if she offends folks, she tends to do that, and I haven’t read her take yet!  Haha.

Fight #1- Courtial vs Vuce

Nati’s Take:

The first fight of the night will be a featherweight bout between Goderfroy Courtial and Leo Vuce. These guys are both very experienced fighters with similar skillsets. They can pretty much match each other across all 4 skills which should lead to a pretty exciting match-up. Courtial is slightly down in morale while Vuce is down slightly in energy, so they even out in my mind. I’m going to go with the name I’ve seen before, Courtial, to win this one. I think it will be by decision, just because.

Fight #2- Kuznetsov vs Silva

Nati’s Take:

The next fight of the night will be a light heavyweight bout between Aleks Kuznetsov and Shogun Silva. Although Kuznetsov has fought more bouts throughout his career, they have the same number of losses, making Kuznetsov’s win rate slightly better. They can match each other pretty well in boxing, muay thai, and BJJ, but Kuznetsov appears to have a slight edge in wrestling. They both have almost full morale and energy, so I’m going to have to choose Kuznetsov here just based on record and skills. He will probably win by decision since that is what he does most often.

Fight #3- Petrov vs Casey

Nati’s Take:

The third fight of the night will be another featherweight bout, this time between Aaron Petrov and Yellow Belt Casey. Petrov has far more experience and a much better win rate than Casey, as well as the advantage in wrestling. However, Casey can match or outperform Petrov in all of the other 3 skills. Both of these guys are missing about the same amount of morale, so that’s not a good indicator of who will take this one. Just based on experience, I think Petrov will be winning this one via TKO.

Fight #4- Lee vs Linewood

Nati’s Take:

Fight number 4 will be a welterweight bout between Mister Lee and Shock Linewood. Shock is a pretty cool name, so he’s got some bonus points from me already. Linewood has much more experience than Lee and can match him in every skill except wrestling, where Lee has a slight edge. However, Lee is missing slightly more morale than Linewood is. So, going with my usual ways of predicting, I’m going to pick Linewood to win this one via decision.

Fight #5- Wright vs Kalmisto

Nati’s Take:

The final fight of the undercard will be yet another featherweight (3 in the first 5 fights… really?) between Cleon Wright and Apophis Kalmisto. Wright’s win rate is significantly better than Kalmsito’s and has a bit of an advantage on him in muay thai. However, Wright is missing a bit of morale and Kalmisto is significantly better at BJJ than Wright is. I think I’m going to bet on Kalmisto here, probably by decision

Donkey and I jump back in here with the Main Card action and send NatiBatti off to go train little people on how to swim! 

Main Card Bout #1: Welterweights

7cfea40f5349dcede9a003fffe1db1fe.png

Our first of the four final fights tonight will be a Welterweight matchup that seeks Lankinen and Christiano meeting for the very first time!  Both are topped off nicely so this should be a very good fight.  Christiano has an edge in Jiu Jitsu and a small, small edge in Muay Thai but outside that these two are nicely matched in skills! 

And the winner is very likely to move on to a Top Contender battle, putting them one step closer to a potential title shot here at Sucker Punch!  Christiano is a three time Welterweight champion, once at Checkmate and twice here at Sucker Punch, so you know he’d love to get back to the title fight and regain his former top status within the division here at SPPS! 

Lankinen recently worked his way to a title shot after five straight wins from January through May this year, but came up just short against current champ Konrad Wagner who will be defending his title again tonight.  A bounce back win against the former multi-time champ here would do him wonders in making the case for another shot in short order!

Donkey’s Pick: Christiano via Unanimous Decision

These two bring very similar styles to the cage with each getting their fair share of decisions over their careers but also both showing that they can server up the occasional TKO or KO finish!  I’m going to just lean towards the guy who has won the belt in the past here and assume that that history and experience will serve him well in a tough fight tonight!

Main Card Bout #2: Middleweights

3b4050aeb3135d4b37c9cb5bd9f4f1ad.png

It’s great to see our guys coming to the cage ready to go!  And that’s just what we get here in our final fight before the two Main Events.  Middleweights Kirk and Bob (strange to have two guys with first names as their last names, eh?) prepare to put it all down as each strives to get some wins strung together and potential start a push back towards top contender status.

Kirk will give up the edge in Jiu Jitsu tonight but be right there with Bob in all other areas.  He had a prior chance to make it to Top Contender status when he faced off against James Hunt a few fights back in April but saw that fight end via TKO loss just before the bell in the second round. He pulled off a great decision victory over my own Darwin Zambrano in mid-June to get back on track and a couple more wins could have him barking up the championship tree again soon. 

Silent Bob missed out on a title shot when he lost to Chip Nickel in their rematch last month.  He’s 4-2 over his last six fights, and 3-2 since joining us here at Sucker Punch.  With losses at SPPS to only former champ Shen Po and no challenger Chip Nickel, he still ranks highly in the Middleweight division and much like Kirk could work himself right back into the picture quickly with a few solid wins!

Donkey’s Pick: Kirk via TKO (Strikes)

Kirk will mix things up between striking at range and getting into the clinch, with the clinch seeming to be an area he’s very comfortable with.  Bob will more likely try to keep things separated so he can utilize his exceptional kickboxing.  He’s also the more likely of the two to try to push this thing the distance with technical striking.  Who can dictate where the fight takes place and push for the win in this one? 

Co-Main Event:

Featured Welterweight Bout

Matsuzaka vs. Curtis II

5089bc4fac7590fb65130ca4644af69c.png

Our Co-Main Event is a Welterweight warm-up before the big Welterweight battle takes place in the Championship Main Event tonight!  These two have met previously to start the year back in January with the fight ending via doctor stoppage partway through the third round with Matsuzaka the winner.  That result wasn’t just a one-off freak thing though, as Matsuzaka had finished fights previously against Ispa Perkele and followed up the Curtis fight with a win via cuts over Leroy Jinx in March.

There is a title shot on the line for the winner of this fight tonight, so both will be looking to leave everything they have in the cage!

A former Welterweight champion here at Sucker Punch, Curtis tends to let fights go a bit deep.  He wins a bunch via decision and the ones he does finish, thanks to his diverse attack both in and out of the clinch, tend to also go at least into the second if not the third rounds.  He’ll likely want to finish this one sooner than later rather than taking a chance of a repeat doctor stoppage tonight!

One thing is for sure.  While Curtis doesn’t mind being in the clinch normally, he may want to avoid it tonight!  Matsuzaka was able to open up cuts last time around by striking from range but it was a nasty elbow in the clinch that sealed the deal!  Matsuzaka is also a former Welterweight champ here at Sucker Punch, earning the belt after the doctor stoppage of Jinx that we discussed earlier.  But he was unable to defend and lost the belt to Wagner the following month.  You can be sure he’d love to get a chance to get his hands back on Wagner again with a win here! And he’s certainly on a roll with big wins against Navarro and Rahman leading up to this rematch.

Donkey’s Pick: Matsuzaka via TKO (Cuts)

Matsu seems to know what it takes to make guys bleed and Curtis’ blood eagerly cooperated last time out.  I have to think that Matsu is going to come with a similar approach and it’s going to be up to Curtis and his management team to make the appropriate adjustments if they can!

Main Event:

Welterweight Championship Bout

Machado vs. Kazuma… IV

275c5b19d4e9715de0fb874acf624825.png

Here we go folks, capping off a great weekend for those in the States for Independence Day we’ve got the Welterweight Championship in our Main Event!  As you’d expect, both fighters are more than ready for this one and they should be, as both have considerable skills and are very worthy of headlining this card…and carrying the belt home!

Jones was on a tear over at Cali MMA with four wins in a row but then last his final fight before leaving town and heading over here to Sucker Punch.  He picked right back up with the wins and left that one loss behind upon his arrival though and has now run off a fantastic FIVE wins in a row to earn this title shot.  That includes a somewhat surprising submission victory over John Fuller and then a doctor stoppage due to cuts over Leroy Jinx last month to cement this opportunity tonight!  He’s a nasty striker who makes sure that his opponent, as well as several generations of the other dude’s family, feels each staggering shot!

Wagner just keeps coming back and taking the belt over and over and…over…again here at Sucker Punch.  He’s been Welterweight Champion FIVE times now, first here at SPPS, then twice at CMMA and now another two times here at Sucker Punch! That said, the only extended run he’d had as champ prior to this one was his first at CMMA, with his other runs all ending fairly quickly, usually in the first defense.  This time out, he’s shaken off that trend and he has defended successfully three times leading up to tonight’s fight…and the names are a who’s who in the division with Aleksy, El Toro Jr and Lankinen all part of the line of fighters Wagner has downed in defense!

Donkey’s Pick: Wagner via Unanimous Decision

Wagner can put somebody down when he needs to but more often than not he brings a fantastic technical striking game to the cage and puts on a clinic for his opponent and anybody else watching!  He’s never been stopped via TKO or KO, so that makes this a very interesting matchup for Jones who relishes doing just that!  Jones will either have to find a way to beat Wagner at his own game…or prove that the Dentist’s chin can be gotten to!  For now, the onus is on Jones, and we have to lean towards Wagner.

There we go folks!  We hope everybody in the States is having a great holiday weekend and that everybody else is also up for some good ole fireworks here at SPPS 159 in LA at the Colliseum tonight!  For those who won’t be able to join us live for all the fun, we have an amazing production waiting for you with THREE full hours of LIVE PPV action coming up tonight!

Till then, have fun and don’t forget…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series style!

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Oldbones said:

No matter the challenge, Akara will be ready, after hearing about the puffy snake match he's hired an expert in the field of Snake combat to help him prep for the coming fight.

MV5BMTJhMDNhYzQtODFkZS00MGZmLThmNDQtMWZm

Also a big Jake the Snake fan....But I no how to combat his skills. Mills went out a got his own secret weapon. Something Jake can't resist.

Is Cocaine or Crack More Damaging to the Body? | Sunrise House
Unless you can get DDP on the job :) 

• Upvote 1

1636834755SuckerPunchOrg_Logo_Unrestrain

0e1fb47d29c5fe6d63927793b684dc41.png

Damn...did we just gain weight? Why is the scale off the chart man!?!  What's with all the dust and shit?!?

Haha, well, hello Sucker Punch family!

Nope, we're not getting chunky, we're just blossoming into a full grown Unrestricted, Unrestrained org!!!  Cheap shots and all!  As many of you may have already heard due to being part of the CFC brand with a fighter or two...or simply from the grapevine...there is big news breaking for both us and CFC!  We at Sucker Punch have acquired CFC over the weekend and as such we'll be planning to welcome with open arms the crew from CFC into the Sucker Punch fold as they come off pre-scheduled fights.

What does this mean for us, the crew already here at Sucker Punch?  Well, it's huge!  It gives us a ton more flexibility.  It opens the doors to new fights, new blood, new faces...for both us and the folks at CFC.  It increases opportunity to acquire an continue to build hype and ranking for those that square up and capitalize with wins going forward. It, frankly, positions Sucker Punch and the combination of folks from here at SPPS and those coming from CFC to be part of an org that can continue to grow into what some of the other big orgs already are...but with our own Sucker Punch brand and touch on things, the way we've always done them!  That I'm truly excited about...that nobody going forward will be able to say that in order to get a solid, big fight, or in order to have competition that pushes you, or new tests to take on, that you'd have to be with one of the other three!   

Will we still need to watch the payscales and try to be generous but reasonable at the same time...basically avoiding the ridiculous overpaying that has been rampant in the past?  Sure.  That's just common sense.  But many of you know I've tried to ramp up the payscales as much as I could as we moved from unrestricted to restricted.  And I think we did pretty well with that.  I can assure you that just like the move from 350k+ restricted to Unrestricted, Unrestrained here at Sucker Punch was thought through and (I think) went through relatively seamlessly...the same effort will be put in here with this merger.  Hopefully I've earned the trust of most of our managers here that I'll always do the best I can and for those that have any concerns, I'm always here and listening!  Come talk, we'll get anything that isn't clear, clear!   

This does mean that we'll be expanding to three  events per week for a bit.  We will need to in order to accomodate the size of our roster (hopefully) if the vast majority from CFC come smiling over to us!

For our champs and contenders...obviously there will be some slight adjustments as we try to integrate CFC's guys at the top into the mix as well.  It may result in a slight delay in some big fights that were in line, but you know I'll be as absolutely fair as I can!  

Disney made it clear to his org that the trudge of running an org, as happens to all of us from time to time (or eventually for many!), was something he just had gotten a bit worn down by.  But that doesn't mean that Disney, and the amazing job he'd done with CFC, will be lost!  Another HUGE benefit to all of this is that he will be joining forces with me here at Sucker Punch.  While many of the ongoing day to day functions will still be primarily my responsibilty (so if there are issues I'm the one to yell at!), I'm thrilled to be able to look at this as more of a partnership with Disney than not and having him around to help out with things is going to be fantastic!

So there we have it folks, big things going on here at Sucker Punch and I'm looking forward to this next stage in our ride together peeps!!!  Holler at me with any questions, concerns, comments, etc!

~ Hare

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

1636834755SuckerPunchOrg_Logo_Unrestrain

0e1fb47d29c5fe6d63927793b684dc41.png

Damn...did we just gain weight? Why is the scale off the chart man!?!  What's with all the dust and shit?!?

Haha, well, hello Sucker Punch family!

Nope, we're not getting chunky, we're just blossoming into a full grown Unrestricted, Unrestrained org!!!  Cheap shots and all!  As many of you may have already heard due to being part of the CFC brand with a fighter or two...or simply from the grapevine...there is big news breaking for both us and CFC!  We at Sucker Punch have acquired CFC over the weekend and as such we'll be planning to welcome with open arms the crew from CFC into the Sucker Punch fold as they come off pre-scheduled fights.

What does this mean for us, the crew already here at Sucker Punch?  Well, it's huge!  It gives us a ton more flexibility.  It opens the doors to new fights, new blood, new faces...for both us and the folks at CFC.  It increases opportunity to acquire an continue to build hype and ranking for those that square up and capitalize with wins going forward. It, frankly, positions Sucker Punch and the combination of folks from here at SPPS and those coming from CFC to be part of an org that can continue to grow into what some of the other big orgs already are...but with our own Sucker Punch brand and touch on things, the way we've always done them!  That I'm truly excited about...that nobody going forward will be able to say that in order to get a solid, big fight, or in order to have competition that pushes you, or new tests to take on, that you'd have to be with one of the other three!   

Will we still need to watch the payscales and try to be generous but reasonable at the same time...basically avoiding the ridiculous overpaying that has been rampant in the past?  Sure.  That's just common sense.  But many of you know I've tried to ramp up the payscales as much as I could as we moved from unrestricted to restricted.  And I think we did pretty well with that.  I can assure you that just like the move from 350k+ restricted to Unrestricted, Unrestrained here at Sucker Punch was thought through and (I think) went through relatively seamlessly...the same effort will be put in here with this merger.  Hopefully I've earned the trust of most of our managers here that I'll always do the best I can and for those that have any concerns, I'm always here and listening!  Come talk, we'll get anything that isn't clear, clear!   

This does mean that we'll be expanding to three  events per week for a bit.  We will need to in order to accomodate the size of our roster (hopefully) if the vast majority from CFC come smiling over to us!

For our champs and contenders...obviously there will be some slight adjustments as we try to integrate CFC's guys at the top into the mix as well.  It may result in a slight delay in some big fights that were in line, but you know I'll be as absolutely fair as I can!  

Disney made it clear to his org that the trudge of running an org, as happens to all of us from time to time (or eventually for many!), was something he just had gotten a bit worn down by.  But that doesn't mean that Disney, and the amazing job he'd done with CFC, will be lost!  Another HUGE benefit to all of this is that he will be joining forces with me here at Sucker Punch.  While many of the ongoing day to day functions will still be primarily my responsibilty (so if there are issues I'm the one to yell at!), I'm thrilled to be able to look at this as more of a partnership with Disney than not and having him around to help out with things is going to be fantastic!

So there we have it folks, big things going on here at Sucker Punch and I'm looking forward to this next stage in our ride together peeps!!!  Holler at me with any questions, concerns, comments, etc!

~ Hare

You know Hare it's truly appreciated that you would go to such great lengths for a single purpose, to reunite Akara Kongsangchai with his indirect mentor, brother, and father, Donkey Dan.

After supermanning that ho in his last fight Akara was destined for greatness, after all who in CFC was left to challenge him but the CFC title holder and his bizarro counterpart, Akaro Horiguchi? Kongsangchai comes back to Suckerpunch ready for all challengers and in the words of Jet Li "I am nobodies bitch."

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Oldbones said:

You know Hare it's truly appreciated that you would go to such great lengths for a single purpose, to reunite Akara Kongsangchai with his indirect mentor, brother, and father, Donkey Dan.

After supermanning that ho in his last fight Akara was destined for greatness, after all who in CFC was left to challenge him but the CFC title holder and his bizarro counterpart, Akaro Horiguchi? Kongsangchai comes back to Suckerpunch ready for all challengers and in the words of Jet Li "I am nobodies bitch."

Kong was one of the first fighters I thought about when we made this thing official. I enjoyed watching him climb the CFC ladder, and I'm glad I took a chance on him.

I have a pretty decent eye for untapped talent so I hope to see more Kong-like turnarounds with future free agents.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Holy Sh*t! Hare just booked the fight of the century! Easily the biggest, most anticipated fight in SP history, likely the only reason Hare and DeadDisney combined SP and CFC! "Mr. Pickle Lion" Edward Mills (360004) vs Akara "King Kong" Kongsangchai (357613) for Sucker Punch Pro Series 167. This is bigger then Muhammad Ali vs. Antonio Inoki, bigger than Shamrock vs Grace 3 even bigger then Kimbo Slice vs DADA 5000. These two have a combined 19 wins and 29 loses, 39 combined SP walk outs, 7 of the night awards, Wins in every single division in SP 265-145, And more fans individually then any other person on the entire roster . Literally the Heart vs the Soul of SP are going to throw down. Even if this fight ends in the first 3 seconds of round one it will be a match up of the ages, 50 years from now people will be telling their grandchildren they say Pickle vs Kong. This is the real main event of any card, any stadium, any organization. Gamma, Synchronicity, Combate, World Vale Tudo Fight League and Highland would all soil their pants to be able to book a fight of this caliber. Move aside you chump top five orgs because theirs a new 1# dog in town and its a Donkey and a Hare! Mr. Hare you've done the impossible and for that you can now hold your head high as the MMA Org and Booking GOAT! throw out the 2022 Tycoon awards and give them all to Hare!    

• Like 1

14383536361928.jpg

Roy "SweetPea" Whitaker 32-15(7-3 CFC, 0-0 SPPS)

I AM HERE! I saw the news from CFC and today I signed the contract with SPPS, I am glad to have this chance at my age, got a fight scheduled at the end of this month I guess I will have to bring in there everything I got, get out of that fight untouched and probably ask for a fight ASAP so I make my debut in SPPS and probably fight 3,4 times before the end of this year. I still love what I do and I plan to don't leave soon! Prepare for a tough battle guys, I won't retire till I hold that belt and defend it a few times!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1657802536SPPS161_Poster.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 161

Hello out there Sucker Punch fans and family!  Hare Rumpler here and as always I’ve got my buddy and analyst, Donkey “Dan”, right here with me as we get set to take a close look at SPPS 161 which kicks off over in Tokyo, Japan this evening! 

And part of this preview will see Nati Batti joining us as she plans to take care of the middle portion of the card, likely fights 3-8, with Donkey adding his input along with her. I’ll get things kicked off for the first two fights and the two Main Events though!  For those of you unfamiliar, Nati is the youngest of my three RL daughters who will occasionally moonlight for us in previews/reviews.  Once in a while you’ll also get the abusive ramblings of Risa Roo, my oldest daughter, as well!  But you’ll be spared from her this evening and only get “Risa Roo Light”, as I call her little sister Nati.

As you all know, here at Sucker Punch we’ve had some crazy exciting stuff going on over the past several days with the biggest news yet for our org having just been announced…the merger of Canadian Fighting Championship into our fold!  What does this all mean?  More fun!  More new faces!  More flexibility!  More opportunities for all to scramble up those ladders!  MORE cheap shots and Sucker Punches to be dished out, dingle dangle low-blows and all, and brand new folks to introduce those to! LOL!  But more than anything, the ability for us here at Sucker Punch to continue the tradition of great fights that CFC offered the fine folks sliding over to us and at the same time introduce them to some of the things that I think makes Sucker Punch Pro Series special! 

So all that said, let’s get to the action tonight!  We’ve got a Featherweight Championship fight on tap as the Main Event this evening but before that you folks will be treated to NINE other amazing, action packed showdowns along the way!  And when you’ve got Middleweights like Fadda Jr and Souppe opening things up and quickly followed by representation from the BIG BOY SQUAD with Spong and Bamboo Face going at it, well, you know the night is about to go off the hook!!!

There’s a ton more in between but let’s just grab a word from our sponsor and merchandise partner here and then jump into detailed discussion for each contest this evening!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Our fantastic and respected sponsor is Shadow Warrior Nutrition!   Many of you already know them as the providers of Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q., THE energy loss reduction supplements!  For those of you who aren’t in the know on that, you should be, because this is the way you keep your fighter training more often and not taking sessions off to try to keep his energy above 90%!  If you aren’t using this supplement, hurry over and check them out today, you will not be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Middleweights

Oswaldo Fadda Jr v Bruno Souppe

Alright, kicking things off as I mentioned in the intro will be Middleweights Fadda Jr and Souppe.  Now, unfortunately, Souppe is letting me down a bit here after I went all-out to hype these two!  Morale is off, and you know for damned sure what that means for Donkey’s pick in just a few moments!

Souppe will give up the edge tonight in all but Jiu Jitsu.  He also carries back to back losses into this fight with Fadda Jr along with the bad morale prep so clearly this is a man who needs a management team that cares for and loves him…because the current one most definitely does not!  This man’s contract with Sucker Punch is basically on the line this evening and his team have done him no favors when it comes to giving it the best go.  He’s only got two wins in his past eight fights and has gone 1-2 since returning to Sucker Punch.  He has a history of working for submissions on the ground but unless he gets lucky this evening I don’t see him being able to control and dictate the fight with that morale off.

Fadda Jr is working hard to climb that ladder!  He stumbled last month against Nick Barkley with a Decision loss but had run off five wins prior, the first three of which were QFC starter fights.  Wins over Duarte and Gracie here at SPPS via KO and Submission have shown that he has the ability to mix things up and come at you in different ways. Souppe would probably love for this fight to go to the ground tonight…and Fadda Jr may just take it there or allow it to find its way to the mat.  And likely could win there with superior wrestling.  But the smart move might be to simply let Souppe exert the energy to get it to the floor while snapping him a few times with superior standup skills this evening!

Donkey’s Pick: Fadda Jr via TKO (Strikes)

Souppe is, as Hare mentioned, unprepared and that precludes me from picking him.  Instead, Fadda Jr gets the nod and I do expect he’ll take advantage of his better striking. Perhaps with a TKO…but I’m going on a limb there.  The more likely outcome is probably a Unanimous Decision. A Submission win is NOT out of the question here either though, so lots of fun angles and directions this thing could take tonight!  Hare is probably just hoping that SOMEBODY gives the other a shot to the dingle dangle though!

Undercard Bout #2: Heavyweights

Daniel Spong v Ubungu Bamboo Face

Alright, for our second pairing the Tokyo crowd will be happy to see some of the BIG boys heading into the cage early in the evening!  And both are relatively prepared here so that’ll help ensure we get the Tokyo Bowl rocking!

Bamboo Face makes his Sucker Punch debut this evening after coincidentally having fought over at CFC previously.  He’d made the jump to Sucker Punch prior to the merger announcement and as such will be the VERY FIRST former CFC fighter to step into the cage under the newly merged structure!  He’s coming in off a TKO victory over Rawse in early June but the big concern for him, his fans and certainly his trainers has to be the tendency to bleed…and man, do I mean bleed!  He’s lost three of his last five fights via doctor stoppage and has similar results strewn through his prior fight history.  Given that, it is a bit of a surprise that he showed a solid chin early on but no indications of pre-existing conditions such as hemophilia!

Spong loves his ground and pound and having the better Jiu Jitsu will help with that despite his tendency to NOT go for submissions.  If he can get the fight to the ground, the damage that rains down could be very bad for a bleeder if Bamboo can’t avoid the situation defensively.  Spong took a disappointing loss to Haden last month in a fight that could have propelled him into the upper tiers of the division.  He may be looking to take out his frustration this month and that may not bode well for Face’s…face…here.

Donkey’s Pick: Spong via TKO (Cuts)

It’s impossible to ignore the cut situation here for Bamboo Face.  It’s just what it is.  He and his team will want to end this thing and end it early!  And he has that capability with some highlight reel finishes to his credit.  But that’s about the only way I see this going in his favor…if it makes it deep into the first round, I see this getting ugly.  And bloody.

Undercard Bout #3: Lightweights

Rockwell Mcgee v Luigi Bonifacio

NatiBatti’s Take:  The third bout of the night will be a lightweight matchup between Rockwell Mcgee and Luigi Bonifacio. Bonifacio has significantly more experience than Mcgee, but has a not so great win rate. On the other hand, Mcgee has only fought in 6 bouts throughout his career, but has won all 6 of them. These two are pretty much even in BJJ, but Mcgee has a bit of an edge in boxing and Bonifacio in muay tai and wrestling. Bonifacio is down slightly in both morale and energy, but Mcgee is severely lacking in morale. Due to this, I’m going to pick Bonifacion to win this one, likely by TKO.

Donkey’s Pick: Bonifacio via TKO (Strikes)

Mcgee comes into this fight with his morale off a bit and that’s going to give Bonifacio all the leg up he’ll need tonight.  But he has to make good on it!  He’s a nasty striker who gave it to Ulatov good last month in his debut, showing that he was significantly better than his recent record at WCF suggested.  That said, he’ll have the wrestling and Muay Thai advantage this evening so I have to wonder if he’ll clinch up a bit to take advantage?  Either way, with Mcgee’s spirits somewhat in the dump I expect Bonifacio to be able to impose his will this evening!

Undercard Bout #4: Middleweights

Paulo Blikstein v Darwin Zambrano

NatiBatti’s Take:  Bout number 4 will be a middleweight bout between Paulo Blikstein and Darwin Zambrano. These two’s skills pretty much matchup in everything except BJJ, where Zambrano has a bit of an advantage. However, Blikstein has both more experience and a better win rate than Zambrano. Both of these guys have close to full morale and energy so I’m going to go ahead and choose Blikstein to win this one, probably also via TKO.

Donkey’s Pick: Blikstein via Unanimous Decision

I’m typically not one who likes to pick for Hare’s fighters, it just feels too “homer” for me.  That said, the only significant difference between the skill sets of these two this evening is Zambrano’s Jiu Jitsu.  If this fight ends up on the ground, due to either Zambrano’s efforts or Blikstein’s, I think perhaps the edge slides to Zambrano.  That said, standing these two will potentially go to war.  Blikstein has a history of nastiness to him when it comes to his striking…so much so that he once forced “Not Ponor” to tap out due to strikes!  Do you EVER hear about an MMAT fighter losing the will to stay in there before the ref even calls it due to getting bopped?  Yeah, not often. So that either says something about Blikstein, or Ponor. You be the judge! 

Fighting for a decision would likely be the smart move for Zambrano tonight.  Something he probably should have adopted a while back as he’s lost more than his fair share of fights due to failing to finish and having the points go the other way.  That said, I’ve seen him practicing and working out with his team this past month and he certainly didn’t appear to be pulling many punches!

But history doesn’t favor him in a standup battle. I have to give the edge in points to Blikstein if it gets there!

Undercard Bout #5: Middleweights

Matsuda vs. Fuhren II

Tanaka Matsuda v Psiris Fuhren

NatiBatti’s Take:  The final fight of the undercard will be another middleweight bout, this time between Tanaka Matsuda and Psiris Fuhren. These two are pretty even across all 4 skills, except for the smallest edge that Fuhren has in both boxing and muay thai. Both of them have almost full energy and are missing about the same amount of morale, so the only real thing to go by here is record. Matsuda has the better record at 65% as opposed to Fuhren’s 58%. This means I’m going to choose Matsuda to win this one, most likely by decision.

Donkey’s Pick: Matsuda via Split Decision

This will be the second “meeting of the minds” between Matsuda and Fuhren.  Skill wise they are so closely matched it’s ridiculous.  Preparation wise you can say the same! So why are we running this fight back again only two months or so later if Fuhren won the last one via decision, 30-27?  Well, I have it on good word from Hare that it’s because that fight wasn’t nearly as one-sided and convincing as the scores might have suggested.  And given that one of these two is going to be propelling at light speed up the ladder at Middleweight he wants to be damned sure it’s the right one at this time! 

Fuhren has been so close to snagging the belt a few times over his career.  But he hasn’t closed the deal.  Matsuda is a former Middleweight champ from BFC…but that was BFC, not Sucker Punch!  He’s had two shots here, but Machado has been a thorn in his side repeatedly.  One of these two is going to get one more go at it if they can put together the focus, drive and performances of their life over the next couple fights!  Let’s get it done!  And this time, I’m leaning the other way, that Matsuda’s camp makes the adjustments needed to swing it to a potential rubber match some day!

Main Card Bout #1: Welterweights

7fea9986d3b092a46f102f2970e62053.png

NatiBatti’s Take:  The first fight of the main card will be a welterweight bout between Toussaint Bissainthe and Thomas Hearn. I’m already biased against Bissainthe because that is far too many letters to be typing out and the full name is just a mouthful. These two are pretty even in all skills except BJJ, where Bissainthe has a good advantage. Bissainthe also has more experience and a better win record. However, he is missing a tiny bit of morale. Since I already don’t like his name, that is enough for me to not choose him. Hearn will win this one via decision.

Donkey’s Pick: Hearn via Majority Decision

Bissainthe comes to us from Synchronicity and makes his debut with Sucker Punch this evening.  He was back and forth with wins and losses over his last six fights at SYN but against some solid competition.  He proved against Atunes he can finish, but the majority of his fights come down to the judges. 

Hearn has been on a tear since joining Sucker Punch with three straight wins.  And not against shitty competition either!  He’s defeated Capac, Kulina and then even Hare’s own Valentine, one of his most talented fighters (who admittedly has been struggling of late).  This puts Hearn right on the cusp of elite within the division and as such this fight could earn him a Top Contender battle.  Christiano awaits a fight to see who is going to get a run at the title soon.  Hearn could be his dance partner.  If he wins…tonight!  He, too, much like Bissainthe tends to work things on the scorecards with amazing kickboxing.  This one is going to come down to who wants it more and who has the better corner I think!

Main Card Bout #2: Featherweights

39ead89e4821478cb24970c69f02e4d1.png

NatiBatti’s Take:  The seventh fight of the night will be a featherweight bout between Ryan Anderson and Violent Femme. Who names someone “Violent”, I don’t even know. These two can match each other in both boxing and wrestling. However, Anderson has a slight edge in muay thai and Femme excels at BJJ with his brown belt. These two have about the same morale and energy, so we can’t really judge based on that. I think Femme will take this one via decision.

Donkey’s Pick: Femme via Unanimous Decision

I’ve heard through the grapevine that this could very well be Anderson’s last fight.  He was a monster throughout his career and his accomplishments, especially those at WCF, cannot be denied.  But…and this is for you good folks to debate…it appears that with his arrival at SPPS either time had caught up with him a bit, his chin has been somewhat exposed over the years, or…perhaps the next level of competition is just a half step too much?  Again, you judge that one! 

Femme came in and already has downed one prior SPPS great in the former champ, Dankula.  He’s also got a history of decimating his opponents on the cards from both runs at CMMA and RISE.  Can he impose his will and put on a clinic again tonight against yet another former great?!?

Main Card Bout #3: Light Heavyweights

f04f9dc014213e4e504fb5301858cf29.png

NatiBatti’s Take:  Fight number 8 will be a light heavyweight bout between Wallace Cobb and Choctaw Bloode. These two’s skills are pretty much an even match across all 4, so that’s not helpful in determining a winner here. Cobb has much more experience and a significantly better win rate so I think he will take this one, likely by TKO since that’s what he does over 70% of the time.

Donkey’s Pick: Bloode via TKO (Strikes)

Wow, another amazing contest between two fighters with skills that are just mirror images!  Nice.  And both are fully prepped, that’s awesome for the fans here at Sucker Punch!

Cobb comes into the cage for the third time at SPPS and has had mixed results so far.  His debut got derailed against Ryan Bolt with a Decision loss but he bounced back with a similar win over Muller last month.  That, combined with his three fights at RISE under current management puts him at 4-1 over his last fight.  Certainly an impressive go.  And another win or two…well…things could be looking golden!  But he’ll have to focus here, because Bloode is no joke.  Just look at his name!

Bloode is also keeping it toasty in his kitchen (the cage, if you were confused…haha), as he’s got back to back wins against Camara and Thomas and has won five of his last six!  He’s proven he can win via finish with his strikes, but also can go toe to toe for an entire fight and win on the cards.  Cobb has shown he can have his chin taken advantage of in some instances, so maybe that’s the path that gets the ‘W’ here tonight for Bloode?

One of these two will be a couple steps away from a Top Contender battle after tonight.  It was just one step away, but the influx from CFC makes it a tougher trek.  But these two are still within sniffing range of that belt! 

Co-Main Event:

Featured Lightweight Bout

Cobain vs. River II

9e832ccd484ada2453dfabbbf7516556.png

Our Co-Main Event is a rematch between two of the top guys in the Lightweight division here at Sucker Punch and one that could have a big impact upon the title picture in the very near future!  Granted, we have to account for the potential influx of top tier guys from CFC, including potentially the champ there, but barring those items these two were in line for a possible Top Contender battle for the winner.  Certainly no matter what happens, a win here will move them closer to the top and closer to getting the ultimate shot!  As such, it’s no surprise that both are fully prepared to get in there and give it everything they’ve got tonight!

River is a former champ here at Sucker Punch and is one of the very few folks who has ever managed to go against Frankie Logan and come out on top, as he did just about a year ago with a fourth round TKO! He’s certainly a hard striker but has shown over his career that he can also put technical striking on display and win with the judges when necessary. My own Repus Revorg has learned that the hard way…twice.  River comes into the cage tonight with four wins over his last five outings and a win over another top tier contender would be a big statement…and certainly send a message to the incoming CFC crew about who’s who in the Lightweight division!

Cobain has shown considerably more consistency since moving to the Runt stable with three wins over his last five fights including a very nice TKO victory over Pablo Itza…er, yeah, that guy…last month.  Hopefully for Cobain’s sake the days of going three wins followed by two or three losses are now left behind!  Cobain has been in position to snag the title three times while at Sucker Punch;  once against Michael Aalto early in his career and then twice against the longtime champ Frankie Logan.  He was unable to solve the Logan riddle…as many have failed to do…once under former manager Andrew Wittig and again with current manager Runt.  Will a few fights here against other top of the division guys give Run the perspective he needs to lead Cobain to greatness as he works back up to the top?!?

Donkey’s Pick: Cobain via TKO (Strikes)

Both of these two come into the cage tonight with very similar styles!  They can both land shots with a ton of “oomph” behind them and both have also proven that they can put on a technical striking clinic when needed.  So…who wins?  Well, it’s definitely going to come down to one of two things…or a combination of both.  Who can land the big shot potentially…and who has the better overall strategy coming into this fight…combined potentially with a third factor…who really is the better striker?  In his last five or six losses, Cobain has only lost via Decision.  River has lost with a mix of Decisions and finishes.  There’s an opportunity here for Cobain to finish…the last time they met it ended in the second round via KO…for Cobain…

Main Event:

Featherweight Championship Bout

Sitsongrit vs. Chulalongkorn… IV

a49cc23c5dc346ec67ceba65090d3556.png

Ooooooooh yeah!  The Main Event folks!!!  And, yes, oh my, oh my yes, a title is on the line here! 

Chulalongkorn comes back from his walkabout at Combate where he slid on over for a quick defense of the Featherweight belt he unceremoniously stole from them at Combate 100!  Hmm…well, actually, it wasn’t quite unceremoniously…that’s a bit unfair given all the fan fair surrounding that HUGE event that Combate had!  But man, if there was ever a way to steal a belt in style, that was it! And…he still hasn’t given it back!  While he may have dropped the belt here to Sitsongrit the last time they met…and subsequently claimed that he and his management team forgot to discuss strategy *cough*ahuh!*cough*…he certainly didn’t fumble the opportunity to defend successfully at Combate 108 on July 1st!  Nope, he’s still holding their belt…in almost a mocking fashion at this point! LOL!

Chula will now get a chance to get the belt right back after some scheduling and such basically allowed me to make this fight and prevent a bigger delay in between defenses, which does work for the best for our org so, yeah, I folded without much need for convincing on this one.  Sitsongrit and Chula have now gone at it three times and tonight will make it a quad package…with Sitsongrit winning the first and third fights between them.  But with the belt on the line the last two fights, it’s been a back and forth battle with Chula winning the belt back in February but then obviously losing it this past June. 

Now, literally a month later and with no other fights between so far, Sitsongrit will get his chance to put a virtual nail in this one…maybe…with a potential third win out of four fights.  Or…maybe Chula evens the score…AND takes the belt! 

The last time these two fought a month ago the fight went much the way it did in the first meeting.  Technical striking on display by Sitsongrit to get the fight into the judges’ hands and win it on the scorecards.  But…it should be noted that he was once again cut, twice, during that fight and that’s a scary thing for the Sitsongrit camp given they lost the sandwiched fight prior to Chula via a doctor stoppage.  Hmm…how does it go this time?!?!  I can’t wait to find out!

Donkey’s Pick: Chulalongkorn via TKO (Cuts)

A lot of talk there about the rivalry that has developed between Sitsongrit and Chulalongkorn and even some touting of Chulalongkorn’s accomplishments…but not much said on the Sitsongrit front outside his technical striking ability.  Which is elite.  Top of class no less!  But be clear here…this man is on his second title run and the first time around was a nice run with three successful title defenses…against some of the absolute best…snag the belt from Joseph…defend against Connor…defend against Baptiste…defend against Drake!  Dang.  Only Chula could stop him. But then Sitsongrit managed to avenge that as well to win the belt back last month.  Oh yeah, this will be a war…and likely either a long one…or a bloody one!  Get ready for every bit of value from the money you paid for your tickets folks!

A fantastic card lined up for everybody tonight as we take Sucker Punch Pro Series action on the road to Tokyo for SPPS 161!  We’ve got no doubt that the fans there are going to make this a special night like they do just about every time we’re in town and for those of you who can’t make that tiny little hop over to the island of Japan, well, we’ve got you covered!  Yep, THREE intense hours of top quality PPV production…as we bring you SPPS 161 LIVE, right into your living room, bar or any other favorite locale to watch your favorite MMAT action!  Let’s get at it folks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Oh crap forgot to mention something in my last post.......... Hare you'd better get Risa ready to write the preview for the event that is going to change MMA Tycoon and turn around the bull market. 

Bigger then: 

Soviet Union Boris Spassky vs United States Bobby Fischer

The biggest money event since Tank Abbott Vs Don Fry.... 

Hare get that F'in pickle money ready because the game changes August 8, 

14232416879438.jpgPickle V Kong Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Akara  Kongsangchai

The reason MMA Tycoon was created was for fights like this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just let manager Keyshawn Stacks (35926) of Syndicate know he can suck a pickle..... Because his org will never book a bigger fight then Pickle V Kong.... Check my Buzz feed Newbs! every manager in the game and every company owner is being informed....This match is bigger then owning a foil Charizard. 

Well enough hyping for at least 1 or 2 days haha 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, kfuhrer said:

Just let manager Keyshawn Stacks (35926) of Syndicate know he can suck a pickle..... Because his org will never book a bigger fight then Pickle V Kong.... Check my Buzz feed Newbs! every manager in the game and every company owner is being informed....This match is bigger then owning a foil Charizard. 

Well enough hyping for at least 1 or 2 days haha 

LMFAO!!!!  They're probably like, "WTH is this guy going on about?!?"  🤣

• Like 1

Thursdays going to be a great day for SP ratings with Kazuma v Nickel for the MW championship as he always brings the buys but let me tell you, may be a bit early but I'm calling it for real fight of the millenium later, Kong vs Pickle.

There have never been two more intense combatants in the history of sports or sports entertainment and they're destoned to leave the floor doused in kong and pickle juice, you be the judge. Akara's making sure to own every field in the sport right now he's packed on 7lbs in 3 days eating solely pickles (pictured below) and will make the 170lb weight by fight time, with the goal to be the SP Lightweight, Heavyweight, Intercontinental, Tagteam, and Badminton champion simultaneously. It all starts with his fight against Pickle

Screenshot-20220719-090551-Samsung-Inter

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Oldbones said:

Thursdays going to be a great day for SP ratings with Kazuma v Nickel for the MW championship as he always brings the buys but let me tell you, may be a bit early but I'm calling it for real fight of the millenium later, Kong vs Pickle.

There have never been two more intense combatants in the history of sports or sports entertainment and they're destoned to leave the floor doused in kong and pickle juice, you be the judge. Akara's making sure to own every field in the sport right now he's packed on 7lbs in 3 days eating solely pickles (pictured below) and will make the 170lb weight by fight time, with the goal to be the SP Lightweight, Heavyweight, Intercontinental, Tagteam, and Badminton champion simultaneously. It all starts with his fight against Pickle

Screenshot-20220719-090551-Samsung-Inter

HAHA! I loved this great post

0e930174-cc0f-428b-883f-a61974d419b0.thumb.png.a593b050d516098129d4372db87b31f5.png

Matt Lawrence: Heeeeeellooooo everybody! This is Matt Lawrence bringing to you the first ever episode of The Lawrence Minute, a show created to all of you MMA freaks around the world! Without further ado, let's get down to business! Tonight we are here at the Sheraton Grand Hotel, in the magnificent city of Los Angeles, where tomorrow takes place the Sucker Punch Pro Series 162, at the LA Memorial Colossuseum. I know that, like myself, you are all looking forward to this card that really promises to be wonderful. So, to give you all a taste of what’s to come, we invited none other than the current SPPS Lightweight Champion, Mister Mediocre!

Matt Lawrence: Mister Mediocre, first of all, it’s a pleasure to have you here with us tonight. You're having a good run so far, coming off a good streak of victories in the World Combat Federation, to a little stumble before hitting a good win streak again here at the Sucker Punch, paving the way and winning the first belt of your career. Tell us, mere mortals who may never experience such a feeling: how does it feel to be a champion?

Mister Mediocre: Man, it feels great! When I first got offered a contract at Sucker Punch I wasn't sure if I deserved it you know? This is one of the biggest orgs in the World. I think that played on my mind a bit coming into my first fight against Greg Connor. I wasn't at my best. My trainer told me after that fight that I've just got to block everything out once I'm in that octagon and just focus on what I need to do to win. That's what I've done ever since and it took me all the way to the top.

Matt Lawrence: Now you are the champion of one of the most disputed divisions of the Sucker Punch Pro Series. I'm sure there are a lot of people watching you right now, planning to take what's yours, including the former champion himself, Frankie Logan. What do you think it’s going to take to keep the belt around your waist?

Mister Mediocre: This division is stacked. Whole bunch of different styles too.  You know, me and Frankie just beat the shit out of each other for 25 minutes, that dude is a mad Scot, he'll just keep coming. Then you got this bendy man Furioto I got at the PPV next week. One of the best ground guys we've ever seen at the org so you've always gotta be ready for anything here.

One guy I think everyone needs to keep an eye on is this young kid Alderidge who just came over from Dynasty. I think he's got what it takes and I'm sure we'll be meeting each other sooner than later.

As for me keeping this belt? Well one of these dudes has to take it from me and that ain't gonna be no easy task.

Matt Lawrence: That’s the spirit, my friend! And you have a good point. In the fight against Logan, we saw a real striking battle, a whole 25 minutes of pure striking and a total of 0 takedowns.  Now, you are going to face a man who, in addition to being very well versed in the arts of submission, also carries with him more experience inside the cage. Not trying to be intrusive about your gameplan here, of course, but what do you think is going to be the key to victory? Would you dare to give our audience any predictions on how and when this fight against Furioto will end? I know they’re gonna love it!

Mister Mediocre: Keep it simple. Keep it standing. That's the key to victory. Or am I just saying that? Maybe I'll shock the World and choke him out. Who knows? :)

Matt Lawrence: Fighting him where he's good would certainly be a wonderful thing to see! Lastly, Mister Mediocre, do you have anything you would like to say? To whoever you want, really. Your opponent, your fans, your girlfriend. The microphone is yours.

Mister Mediocre: The champ is here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nz3DL6EXtQ

Matt Lawrence: Aaaaalright, this was Mister Mediocre, ladies and gentlemen! Mister, good luck on your fight tomorrow and thanks for this awesome interview! Bye-bye everyone and I'll see you soon!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

1658177626SPPS162_Poster.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 162

Welcome back again Sucker Punch faithful as we get set to take on SPPS 162 in just a few short hours!  Hare Rumpler here along with my buddy and analyst, Donkey “Dan”, and we’re all set out here in Los Angeles for a great evening of fights and a card that is jam packed with goodness!

Before we move on too far, I want to be sure you’ve all had a chance to check out the first episode of “The Lawrence Minute” as presented by Diavolo, our new writer, on the forums! If you haven’t, be sure to do so as he had none other than current Sucker Punch Pro Series Lightweight champ, Mister Mediocre, in the studio for a quick Q&A leading up to the fight tonight! Great stuff!

This card, as I hinted at, has just about everything an MMA fan could want! I mean, when you close out the UNDERCARD portion with Featherweights like Aalto and Petersson along with Lightweight action with Sukulaku and Itzpapafee-fi-fo-fum…well, you know that the card as a whole is a monster!  Those may be “little” guys, but they’re big names baby!

TWO…not one…but TWO big championship fights on the docket tonight in the Main Events!  Furioto comes into the cage to challenge Mister Mediocre for the Lightweight title in the Co-Main and then we get the hard hitting (understatement of the year) Kiryu Kazuma defending his Middleweight strap against a tough as nails challenger in Chip Nickel!  Oooooh yeah, this is how we bring it SPPS peeps!

There’s a ton more in between but let’s just grab a word from our sponsor and merchandise partner here and then jump into detailed discussion for each contest this evening!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Do you find that you’re resting your fighters too often? Two, three, maybe even 4 times a week sometimes?  If that’s the case, you’re probably not supplementing their training, and if you are I’m thinking you’re not doing it with Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, which is Shadow Warrior Nutrition’s outstanding energy loss reduction supplement.  It’s the best money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting!  Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Lightweights

Sergei Ulatov v Venali Paetmar

Anytime we can start the night off with two fighters who are fully prepped and ready to give the fans every ounce, it’s a good night!  And this must be heading into a great night, because Paetmar and Ulatov have come to the cage correct this evening…minus maybe a small amount of morale for Ulatov!  Noooiiice! 

Paetmar will have the edge in standup this evening but he’ll give that up on the ground against Ulatov.  So the key here…don’t go to the ground.  Sounds pretty simple eh?  He won his prior fight against Bradley Brunswick Jr via submission…and actually pulled off another two fights prior to that against The Royal Savage as well!  Things he hadn’t done since very early in his career…his very first fight actually.  So will he truly keep the fight on the feet this evening?  Nobody knows…well, except for him and his team!

Ulatov is a submission specialist.  Yes, he’s 0-2 since his debut here at Sucker Punch, losing both via KO finishes, but his prior four fights were sub wins.  And three of the four wins prior to that were submissions as well!  Despite Paetmar’s apparent new proficiency on the ground, Ulatov would likely welcome a trip to the mat!  Ulatov showed that he has a lot of heart early before he got going with what has turned into a long, illustrious career.  But he’s always been a bit susceptible to being finished with strikes.  He’ll have to watch for Paetmar’s skill there!

Donkey’s Pick: Ulatov via Submission (Arm Triangle)

I always wonder whether managers will remember to make the proper adjustments for their boys in the lead up to a fight.  Usually it happens but sometimes it’s the hidden variable. If it doesn’t, Paetmar could still pull off a surprise on the ground but the advantage definitely slides over to Ulatov!

Undercard Bout #2: Light Heavyweights

Misak Grigorian v CJ Robinson

Much like Ulatov in the first fight, Robinson comes into this one with his morale off just slightly.  Probably not enough to keep the fans from enjoying a great battle between two kids from the second biggest division in the org though! 

Robinson will have a Jiu Jitsu advantage this evening but will give up the edge in boxing.  Just a bit, not a lot.  But something tells me that that’ll be a non-factor as he’s likely to ignore that boxing difference and go for the kill standing anyways!  He’s 2-0 since joining Sucker Punch, both via KO, and has an amazing SIX fight win streak going including fights from IC&E and QFC battles.  All via finishes!  We weren’t sure how his QFC experience was going to translate back over into org action but boy has he kept it rolling!

Henry Rollins and his boy Grigorian are fully prepared to give Robinson and company everything they can handle tonight.  Or they hope.  Grigorian has won five of his prior six fights including back to backs heading into this battle with Robinson tonight.  And the large majority of those wins have come via finishes as well, so I think we can expect a lot of fun here in the second battle of the evening!  His last fight was a bloody mess as he cut Bobby Minnagh and then kept torturing that cut till the doc stopped the fight.  Oooooh yeah!  Er, I mean, yuck…yeah, that’s it…I’m disgusted.  Really. 

Donkey’s Pick: Grigorian via TKO (Strikes)

There’s really not much separating these two so I’m going to have to fall back on the little bit of prep that hasn’t been done here.  And that’s with Robinson coming in with the morale just slightly off.  I know Hare didn’t seem phased by it, but in a tight battle like this one it could be the difference maker!

Undercard Bout #3: Light Heavyweights

Stefan Muller v Devin Ecker

We go back to back here with Light Heavyweight battles as Ecker and Muller get set to step into the cage for your fickle enjoyment tonight!  As if they are some sort of trophy cock fighters or something!  You animals!  Both are fully prepped, making this an excellent start to the card in that aspect, and both are very, very closely matched in skill with only Ecker having a small edge in wrestling.

Andrew Churchill hasn’t been able to get Ecker “right” of late.  A former Top Contender in the Light Heavyweight division and a fighter who appeared to be on the fast track to an eventual championship, that run was squashed when he got his first title opportunity against Sora Izanagi.  Izanagi was having none of it and put Ecker down via a highlight reel head kick in their championship fight and since then many have questioned whether Ecker may be having concussion issues, if his confidence was rocked right along with his noggin’, or what?  He’s 1-4 over his last five fights including that title fight with his sole win coming against Iron Side via TKO.  He needs to find a way back to the win column and also a way to regain his form and confidence.  His next opportunity comes in just a few short hours now against Muller!

Muller is not here to be Ecker’s confidence booster.  Not here to be his cheerleader.  Definitely not here to be his stepping stone or sacrificial lamb!  He may have lost his last fight via decision to a tough Wallace Cobb but he had five wins leading up to that fight, including two wins here at Sucker Punch.  He knows how to win a fight by going the distance and he also knows how to finish as he did against Warlovski three fights back.  Oh, and if you really want to mix it up, he can make it messy as hell too…as Bobby Minnaugh learned two fights ago when the doc had to head into the cage and put a stop to the bloodletting that was being performed by Muller!

Donkey’s Pick: Muller via TKO (Strikes)

This could turn into an absolutely ugly fight…that the fans will love!  The one thing I know is that these two could put on a ‘Fight of the Night’ performance and it is going to be hard fought.  Who wins?  Well, that may come down to who wants it more!  Muller has the ‘mo’ going heading into this one despite the loss to Wallace, so I have to lean that way until Ecker shows he can shake off the cobwebs!

Undercard Bout #4: Featherweights

Michael Aalto v Peter Petersson

We’re only four fights into this thing here and yet we’re getting none other than the FORMER FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMP himself, Michael Aalto, up next against Petersson!  Again, as with all our fights tonight so far, these guys are mostly set and ready to go!  Great for the fans…and keeps me from getting that ugly look going on my face!  Shut up Donkey, you ass, I know what you’re thinking…

Petersson has been very…very…close to the top a couple times in his career already.  He was up for the Super Heavyweight (open weight) title at HFC but lost to Massive Wanker and then had another title shot at Middleweight when he was with WCF.  Again though, a loss as he came up short and was finished by Vicente Escalante via TKO.  His confidence seems to have taken a backseat since that time as he’s gone a middling 2-3 since that last title shot, including two losses so far in his run with us at SPPS to Karl Hermann and Anthony Merel.  Typically a nasty striker, he needs this win tonight to avoid falling below the dreaded 2500 P4P rank that we’ve been using as a soft cutoff line since the CFC merger.

Aalto, shockingly as a former two-time champ here at Sucker Punch, is in much the same mental state and confidence drought that Petersson is in.  The only man he’s managed to snag wins from over the past six fights was Ryoto Takahashi, who he appears to have the number for, but outside those two wins he’s struggled along at 2-4.  At only 29 years of age there is still plenty of time for Taina Valkoinen to get his former golden boy back on the right path…but it needs to start with one step forward.  Will a trip to the ground and a submission win be just the jumpstart needed to get him on that path?

Donkey’s Pick: Aalto via Submission (Armbar)

When it comes to two struggling fighters I have to lean on the one with the more extensive and successful experience.  Their history and know-how should be what gets them over the hump and gives them the advantage and in this case that would be Aalto.  But at the same time, Petersson is a heck of a striker when he puts it together and you know he recognizes the big opportunity in front of him here tonight!

Undercard Bout #5: Lightweights

Jyrki Sukulaku v Pablo Itzpapalotltotec

Our final fight of the Undercard and this one has already felt like a full night of fun! Wow, so much left still and that means the fans are going to get their money’s worth and then some this evening!  Our fifth battle of the evening will be a Lightweight affair between Pablo…yeah, that guy…and Sukulaku.  Surprisingly, their first meeting here at SPPS and Suku will have the only advantage between them in Muay Thai as they get set to tangle!  Both are fully prepped…as most of the fights have been this evening…so I’m stoked!

Itzpapalotltotec, much like a few of the other fighters in the bouts before this tonight, has been struggling recently which is the only reason you get fighters of this caliber this early on a card! He’s 0-3 over his past few fights but it’s important to note that we’re talking about fights against the cream of the crop!  A title fight loss to Logan…a majority decision loss to a very dangerous and threatening Alderidge and then a TKO loss to the skull crushing Cobain just last month.  With two prior title opportunities, the first back at BFC, but no title runs to show for it, you can bet Pablo and his team are coming in amped up and maybe even a little tight as they try to get this thing back on track and heading towards the top again!

Sukulaku, the second of Golden Finch’s kids to head into the cage on this Undercard, is coming off a win over Dvalishvili via TKO last month.  Outside another impressive win over Guy River three fights back, he too has been a bit back and forth ever since his title fight loss to Thomas Maeda in February. You can bet that he and his team have been looking at things from all angle to figure out how to get things on track and consistently landing in the win column!  Sukulaku is historically a striker who loves to finish his opponents, although he has shown that he can go the distance or even pull off a submission in the past.  He’ll be put to the test tonight against Pablo who excels with technical striking and scoring points with the judges!

Donkey’s Pick: Itzpapalotltotec via Unanimous Decision

I really want to lean towards Sukulaku here given his scary ability to put guys down. But…Itzpapalotltotec has only been finished by strikes once in his career and knows how to drag a fight to the finish…stinging like a bee the entire way!  I’m going to lean in that direction instead here, but this is a fight that everybody should be at their seats for…even if they aren’t sitting!  It could be up for an ‘of the Night’ award in the making!

Donkey and I are taking a quick break here and then we’ll be right back at it and hopefully finished with the Main Card action within the hour!  Hang tight folks!

Main Card Bout #1: Featherweights

164586ed75af35627c71725bd987d204.png

Alright!  We’re back and it is Main Card action time folks!  And we’ll get things going here post-break with more of the little dudes…something that dominates this card.  This fight will have Merel going at it against Hermann and, yep, a quick check with my advisors tells me these two are ready to get at it tonight, as most have been!  Awesome sauce!

Merel will have the only small advantage in primary skills tonight as he carries the better Muay Thai. Not by much, but it’s there.  Despite his extensive record and experience, he’ll still give up the total experience to Hermann though with his 22 total fights versus Hermann’s 33.  These two like to get at it, clearly!

Merel is not one to be trifled with and since arriving at Sucker Punch three fights ago he’s demonstrated that he can get the job done no matter what it takes.  He’s gone 2-1 with that loss sandwiched by wins and the most recent victory came with an impressive second round KO over Petersson last month!  That performance earned him ‘KO of the Night’ honors and had to feel good after he won the dubious honor of ‘Fight of the Night’ against Baptiste the prior month in a KO loss.  The fight prior to that was an armbar submission factory over Verus here at SPPS in April and he also carried a win from HFC over Theorist in with him.  To say he’s turned it around in the past four fights would be putting it lightly as he’s 3-1 over that period and looking to make a statement tonight…a statement that says he’s just about ready to step up into the elite of the division and get another crack at a title at some point! He had three prior title shots at BFC and BBFC, but was unable to capitalize and with over a year passed now in between you can bet he and his team are anxious for the next shot!

Hermann’s trek at Sucker Punch so far has been eerily similar to Merel’s!  He’s got three fights in with us so far and, despite a loss in his debut via submission to Delisle, has run off two straight wins with one being an impressive KO over…yep…Petersson, same as Merel…and the most recent a decision victory over the former champ, Michael Aalto!  That fight earned ‘Fight of the Night’ honors and even though Aalto has been struggling a win over a former champ is not to be taken lightly!  Nice.  Clearly from his recent fights Hermann can finish but the overwhelming majority of wins over his career have come from his superior technical boxing and a trip to the judges’ scorecards. 

Donkey’s Pick: Hermann via Split Decision

Will Hermann and Merel just get in there and throw hands tonight, unloading bombs, or will Hermann step back and go for a more technical approach, attempting to put on a clinic against the hard throwing Merel?  I can’t wait to find out!  Merel has not lost via decision often over his career so to say that that’s the path to victory for Hermann would be a tough call. This one is really, really tough to make a call on, but I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that Hermann finds away anyway, giving him the respect for having beaten Aalto!

Main Card Bout #2: Lightweights

71496917b4a36f7f50d71fdda9764f67.png

Alright folks!  I hope you’re ready because even with two Title Fights on the card this evening THIS fight right here is easily one of the most talked about fights of the night!  Hell, I’d say even of the month!  Maybe more!  Yes, finally, after long last, we get to see Frankie Logan, the GOAT of the division to date, the future Hall of Famer…go up against the very talented, the very dangerous, Yip Man lii! 

This is a fight that has been a long time coming and you can bet that no matter what condition these two are in after the fight…they’ll be watching the fight that takes place just two fights later…the title fight between Mediocre and Furioto!  Why?  Because the winner of this fight will be up for a shot at the belt against the winner of those two! 

These two are very, very prepared.  As you’d absolutely expect for a fight like this that many have wanted to see for a long time!  Skill-wise, very little separates them in primaries, with Logan perhaps having the tiniest of edges in wrestling.  Hardman has led his prize pony to four wins over his last five fights including victories over Paetmar, Sukulaku, Crow and Rebel Smith.  Only George Smith, formerly known as the very dangerous Herve Cabrera, has bested him over that run via decision.  In that fight, Man lii was shut down offensively by Cabrera’s phenomenal striking defense and just couldn’t seem to get into his groove all night long.  Was it just a one-off fluke, a bad night in the cage, the type of fight that just happens once in a while?  Or was it a blueprint for Logan to take advantage of this evening given Logan’s already amazing ability to win via decision?

What more can be said about Logan that hasn’t already been said previously?  He’s a sure-fire Hall of Famer here at Sucker Punch as soon as we get off our asses and make those inductions happen, haha! He’s had three title runs here at Sucker Punch at Lightweight, the first of which was absolutely epic with SEVEN successful title defenses over that first run!  Yes, Logan owned the division for almost an ENTIRE YEAR during that run and then came back and grabbed the belt again only a couple months later.  Of his title fights, nine of them have been won via decision.  So you can see why I might have made mention of that factor just moments ago.

Donkey’s Pick: Logan via Unanimous Decision

Man lii has won a bunch of his fights with finishes.  Logan has only been finished via strikes once in his career, by Guy River.  The onus is on Man lii to figure out an answer in this contest tonight.  And there’s no doubt that he and his manager are talented enough to do it!  But it’s still an uphill battle and I’d be insane not to make the pick for Logan out of respect.  And that should scare the shit out of both combatants who are fighting for the title tonight because there is a decent chance that Logan may be coming for them!  But even if it isn’t Logan…Man lii should strike fear in them as well.  And even more so if he sends a huge message by getting past Logan!

Main Card Bout #3: Middleweights

479936ad613d67470a44813ff689ad0f.png

Our last fight before the Main Events and we’re at the halfway point of the Main Card as we get Middleweights Hunt and Gulf set to go!  They’re both full gassed up and morale on high, both very well matched in skills outside Gulf’s small wrestling advantage, and both sporting some fancy avatar pictures, so what’s not to like here?!?

This fight was set to be a Top Contender battle with the winner getting a title shot afterward.  It still will be, but with the champ from CFC merging into the works it’ll just be slightly delayed with a bit more of a gap between fights this one time for the winner of these two.  I think that’s probably more than ok for a title shot on the line!  Haha.

Hunt’s prior shot at a Top Contender battle saw him come up just short in a decision loss to Chip Nickel back in May.  He’d come into SPPS on a run with two wins at HFC and then put up two straight here upon his arrival. He bounced back from the Nickel loss with a hard-fought majority decision over Blikstein last month to earn this shot against Gulf to see who gets the big fight!  Historically having the fights go to decisions has not gone well for Hunt as most have ended with the fight going the other way, so it’s fair to say he probably despises judges and I’m guessing will be working for a finish tonight and he’s got the heavy hands to do it!

Gulf is relatively new to Sucker Punch but impressed big time in his debut last month with a decision win over former Combate and Sucker Punch champ, Shen Po!  A former champ from SMASH prior to his run at Combate, Gulf has been impressive over his career, racking up eight straight wins at one point, but also has won four of his last five going back into his Combate run prior to joining SPPS.  Much like Hunt, he appears to work for finishes with heavy hands but of late has had decisions go in his favor more often than not.  Will he work to take the fight to the judges that Hunt despises, or stand and trade shots?  I know what the fans want! 

Donkey’s Pick: Gulf via Unanimous Decision

Have to make a pick here despite how tough it is to do! And for that, I’m going to stick to my trend this evening in going with those who have ‘been there, done that’ in pressure situations previously.  So for me, Gulf fits that bill and I’ll lean in that direction while expecting an amazing fight that could end in fireworks for either side!  ‘KO of the Night’ potential here?!?

Co-Main Event:

Lightweight Championship Bout

f13f6d0bc7ff97f2c6916ff2eb08afa4.png

It’s Co-Main Event time and with it it’s Championship Fight TIME!  Oh yeah, two belts on the line tonight and that makes for a can’t miss event and PPV baby! 

Furioto has had one prior trip to the Championship in his career in a loss to Frankie Logan.  He joins a large group of folks who can help provide a support structure for him from that!  He’s been pushing for chances his entire career but never seemed to be able to get everything to stick together long enough to get back to the title each time.  This time around he’s put it together brilliantly again with wins over Brunswick, Atkins and Soldic, with the Soldic fight being the one that really clinched it for him.  A submission specialist historically, he’s been winning his fights via decision lately thanks to the addition of some ground and pound.  Not a lot.  But enough when you’re good enough to get the fight to the mat right away each round and then control the action, stifling the opponent the way he does!  It may not make for the most exciting action for the fans, but it’s effective and the hardcore MMA fans out there can appreciate the skills in play!

Mediocre did what very few have ever been able to do to earn the right to wear that strap!  He overcame the one, the only, Frankie Logan in a majority decision last month.  And don’t think that hasn’t been on Logan’s mind…or Mediocre’s for that matter…and how close a fight that was.  Mediocre no doubt wants to come out and make a statement that his fight and win over Logan was no fluke and no lucky draw.  He’ll get that chance against a tough, tough Furioto who brings a totally different style to the cage tonight.  The first edition of “The Lawrence Minute” brought you a fantastic interview with Mediocre earlier today and we’ll leave it at that to show what he’s thinking heading into this fight.  And to try to decipher what Mediocre DIDN’T want to tell you either beforehand! LOL!

Donkey’s Pick: Furioto via Submission (Armbar)

I almost never pick against the Champ.  And I’m not trying to be disrespectful here in doing so.  But Furioto is a dangerous style for Mediocre and I just have this weird hunch that he may be due and this may be…FINALLY…his time!  I could be totally wrong, and I’ll love the drama if I am!  Go get it boys!

Main Event:

Middleweight Championship Bout

00ca1ad78b2784249c7c645f46a84ba7.png

I’m so excited!  And I just can’t hide it!  I’m about to lose control and I think I like it!  Hmm…showing my age a bit?  If you are about to call me out on that, well, then you too are showing yours!  We’ve got the Main Event here folks and it’s a big one for the Sucker Punch Pro Series Middleweight Championship…of the World!  Let’s git to it!

Nickel finally gets his shot here at Sucker Punch!  He’s a former two-time Middleweight champ from HFC who came into Sucker Punch with a big TKO win over Joseph DeAngelo back in February.  There were huge expectations for Nickel at the time, especially as that win gave him a 6-1 record over a seven fight run with only a decision loss to Winston Todd at HFC for the belt marring that stretch.  He was quickly given a Top Contender battle with Silent Bob but the pressure may have gotten to him and a decision loss ensued.  That, followed by three straight wins, with three of those four fights earning ‘Fight of the Night’ honors, has set him up beautifully…especially given the final fight in June was a revenge victory over…yep, Silent Bob!  Nickel also defeated top tier guys during that time including Jacob Parker and James Hunt, establishing that that fight against Bob could be considered a stumble and nothing more.

Nickel very much enjoys working his elite technical striking en route to decision victories.  Kazuma, the defending and three time champ here at Sucker Punch, is about to show him just how difficult…and potentially painful…a trek that can be against a true knockout specialist!  Over the past TWELVE fights, including the Tycoon Olympics, Kazuma has only lost twice.  One in the Final for the Olympics and then in a bit of a hangover effect, the loss of the belt to Jukassa just four days later in April.  But a man with that sort of resume doesn’t just stay down…nope!  He bounced back with wins over Blikstein and then a revenge KO over Jukassa to make his way back to the title fight…where he quickly took back the strap from Machado just before the midway point of the first round via a fabulous KO!  Yeah, I know…a KO…surprising eh? Not really!  This man has finished every single fight he’s been in (that he’s won) going back to decision against Nyah Hirst in April…of 2021!!!  To say that Nickel had better bring his defense tonight is an understatement!

Donkey’s Pick: Kazuma via KO (Punch)

Ok, let’s not beat around the bush here.  This is Nickel’s battle to have to fight…and climb uphill…against.  Kazuma won’t change what he does.  He’s going to step into the cage, look at Nickel, and ask if he’s ready for the salts.  Plain and simple.  And it’s up to Nickel to do something about it and not wake up wondering when the fight’s going to start. I can’t pick against Kazuma here.  But that doesn’t mean Nickel can’t win!  He’s just going to have to earn this one!  Perhaps with a few bruises along the way.

A fantastic card lined up for everybody tonight as we take Sucker Punch Pro Series action to the west coast of the States for SPPS 162!  We’ve got no doubt that the fans there are going to make this a special night like they do just about every time we’re in town and for those of you who can’t make it, well, we’ve got you covered!  Yep, THREE intense hours of top quality PPV production…as we bring you SPPS 162 LIVE, right into your living room, bar or any other favorite locale to watch your favorite MMAT action!  Let’s get at it folks!

• Upvote 8

On 7/20/2022 at 11:34 AM, Diavolo said:

Matt Lawrence: ...what do you think is going to be the key to victory? Would you dare to give our audience any predictions on how and when this fight against Furioto will end? I know they’re gonna love it!

Mister Mediocre: Keep it simple. Keep it standing. That's the key to victory. Or am I just saying that? Maybe I'll shock the World and choke him out. Who knows? :)

14007531567598.jpg

20220718115822NewSuckerPunchBelt.jpg

"HA HA HA HA HA HA"

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1087400

• Upvote 2