Sucker Punch Pro Series (Unrestrained) Opens in Sydney

HareRumpler

9 hours ago, Oldbones said:

Congrats Chip Nickel, you're one of 2 people to survive 5 rounds with Kazuma, too much time sparring Muay Thai and getting fat, hitting the gym and we'll see you in about 3-5 weeks for the rematch.

Top notch grace from the former champ and his team here!  What a fight, Nickel did the unthinkable last night and, as Donkey said, "He’s just going to have to earn this one!  Perhaps with a few bruises along the way."  Well done by the...AND NEWWWW...champ!

As for the other title fight...WOW!  Mediocre goes out and beats Furioto in the last few moments of the championship rounds...at HIS OWN GAME!  Never...in a million years...would I have called for a submission by MISTER "Not So" Mediocre...shocking and fantastic!!!

2 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

Top notch grace from the former champ and his team here!  What a fight, Nickel did the unthinkable last night and, as Donkey said, "He’s just going to have to earn this one!  Perhaps with a few bruises along the way."  Well done by the...AND NEWWWW...champ!

As for the other title fight...WOW!  Mediocre goes out and beats Furioto in the last few moments of the championship rounds...at HIS OWN GAME!  Never...in a million years...would I have called for a submission by MISTER "Not So" Mediocre...shocking and fantastic!!!

Former, Former, Former, Future Champ* 

Fixed it for you

• Like 1

James Hunt: The new champ, better known for his pillow fists and point fighting, will soon have to rematch me for the title and this time I will finish him. Unfortunately will have to wait out the fight with Yarborough due to the merge, but whoever wins next is going to face me and there will be a new champion crowned. 

16359407232876.jpeg

• Like 1

1658440557SPPS163_Poster.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 163

Hey Sucker Punch fans!!! Super behind here because I lost track of the fact that this event is in London and therefore goes off 5 or more hours sooner than I’m used to!  That said, I’m Hare Rumpler, I’m here with my buddy and colleague, Donkey “Dan” and we’ll likely (if I can talk her into it!) have Nati Batti joining us for the undercard previews here for SPPS 163!

We’ve got one title on the line today…the big boy belt is on the line to see who the baddest M’Fer is currently in this biz!  Shima will defend against Slam to top things off here but before that we have some other big boy matchups as this card is LOADED to the gills with beef!  Wrecks and Lampi are the Co-Main Event and there are three more Heavyweight bouts before that earlier in the evening…one on the Main Card and two smack dab in the middle of the Undercard.  Aside from that, the lightest we get to is Lightweight with a single fight, everything else is Welterweight and above today!

Since I’m already short on time let’s grab a word from our sponsor and merchandise partner here and then jump into detailed discussion for each contest this evening!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Do you find that you’re resting your fighters too often? Two, three, maybe even 4 times a week sometimes?  If that’s the case, you’re probably not supplementing their training, and if you are I’m thinking you’re not doing it with Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, which is Shadow Warrior Nutrition’s outstanding energy loss reduction supplement.  It’s the best money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting!  Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Light Heavyweights

Ibrahim Camara v Philo Beddo Ii

NatiBatti’s Take:

The first bout of the night will be a light heavyweight matchup between Ibrahim Camara and Philo Beddo li. These two are pretty evenly matched across all four skills, so that should make for an interesting little fight to start off the night. Camara has significantly more experience and a better win rate, but he is missing about a quarter of his energy and a bit of morale too. Because of that, I’m going to go ahead and choose Beddo li to win this one, likely by TKO.

Undercard Bout #2: Welterweights

Kai Rossiter v Benny Figg

NatiBatti’s Take:

The next matchup will be a welterweight bout between Kai Rossiter and Benny Figg. Figg has a slight edge across all four skills here, but he has a subpar win rate at 46% opposed to Rossiter’s 67%. Not to mention, Rossiter has over twice as much fighting experience as Figg. Both of these guys have full energy, but Rossiter is missing a tiny bit of morale. Between skills and morale, I think Figg will win this one by decision.   

Undercard Bout #3: Heavyweights

Ali Amir v Paulius Zurauskas

NatiBatti’s Take:

The third fight of the night will see Ali Amir and Paulius Zurauskas in a heavyweight matchup. These guys are pretty even in every skills except BJJ, where Amir has a pretty good advantage. These guys both have seven wins under their belt, but Zurauskas has 6 losses compared to Amir’s 3. Both fighters have full energy and are missing similar amount of morale, so that will not be a determining factor here. I have a feeling Amir will win this one, probably via decision.

Undercard Bout #4: Heavyweights

Peter Beardsley v Banana Republic

NatiBatti’s Take:

Fight number 4 will be another heavyweight bout, this time between Peter Beardsley and Banana Republic. These are, surprisingly, both names I recognize, although I don’t remember much about them. I feel like I remember not liking Republic for some reason, but don’t quote me on that. Republic has a tiny advantage in both muay thai and wrestling while Beardsley has a good advantage in BJJ. They are pretty much even in boxing. Both guys are missing some morale, but Republic is missing more along with some energy. He also has a lower win rate, so I’m going to go against him and choose Beardsley for this one, hopefully via TKO.

Undercard Bout #5: Welterweights

Ryo Hamada v Jesse Custer

NatiBatti’s Take:

The final fight of the undercard will be a welterweight bout between Ryo Hamada and Jesse Custer. Custer has a slight advantage in everything except BJJ, where Hamada has a pretty significant advantage with his brown belt. These two have similar win rates, although Custer’s is just a little better (71% vs 65%). Custer is missing a tiny bit of both morale and energy, but Hamada is missing slightly more morale so it evens out. This one could really go either way, so I’m going to pick Custer to win via decision. However, I would not at all be surprised is Hamada takes this win too.

Donkey and I are picking up here for the Main Card folks!

Main Card Bout #1: Lightweights

c177154667ddcc7287e005f4e33292e4.png

Time for Main Card action folks and Donkey and I are back with you now to look at the details here of the fights we have left!  Smith comes into this fight with the advantage in both areas of standup while Verreira will have a slight wrestling edge and a definitely Jiu Jitsu advantage.    Both are prepared for the most part so we’ll be having some fun hopefully here!

Smith comes into this fight fresh off a Top Contender battle that he came up short in against Yip Man lii.  With the title shot off the table he’ll try to bounce back now and get back to the prior 3-0 form that got him in that position in the first place.  There’s no way I can tell you that this guy is “this or that, a striker or a sub guy, technical or power, etc.” Why?  Because you never know what to expect from Smith! He has subbed out one guy, KO’d plenty of others and also shown he can go the distance and get the points.  He’s been in the win column much more over the second half of his career than he was earlier on in the middle, so he’s generally headed in the right direction and should always be considered a serious threat!

We’re all trying to figure out what’s going on with Verreira these days though.  This is a man who was considered a serious threat in the Lightweight division, one we thought would be challenging for the title on a regular basis.  Instead, he won the belt from Maeda back in March, then failed to defend against Frankie Logan…and from there appears to have fallen off a cliff with losses to Mediocre ad River.  Granted, both of those guys are top end fighters, with Mediocre even grabbing the belt since.  River is contesting for it as well.  Can he get back to the run he had prior to that where he went eight wins in a row?!?  He was a KO artist early in his career but migrated to more of a technical striking style in the second half under current management. 

Donkey’s Pick: Smith via Unanimous Decision

A lot of questions about what we’ll get tonight from both of these fighters, eh? Can Verreira dictate the fight or will Rebel Smith?  That may very well be what the fight comes down to in a hard fought contest! Verreira’s confidence appears to need some help right now so I have to go with Rebel Smith tonight.

Main Card Bout #2: Heavyweights

f4b015d9fd4491722df2ef10e6f2a458.png

My very own kid, Manivong, will give another of the Heavyweight big boys a run in the cage tonight as Kocak prepares to do battle with my boy!  Happy to see that both are fully prepped, solid man!  Manivong carries the Jiu Jitsu advantage while Kocak has the smallest of edges in Muay Thai and wrestling.  Does that mean we’re going to see attempts at a ground game and clinch game respectively?  Not necessarily at all in this one!

My boy Manivong was on a tear for a bit as he developed and worked his way up through the division, eventually rising enough to be tested big time against former champ Will Wrecks.  Wrecks put him in his place last month with a first round, twenty-four second KO!  Ouch.  But that was a test he needed as he’d gone five W’s in a row up to that point.  That run consisted of a mix of KO’s and decisions, proving that Manivong can work the standup game from either angle depending upon opponent and flow of the fight.

Kocak lost to Eemeli Lampi in his Sucker Punch debut last month, which is really nothing to be ashamed of as Lampi has been stellar at both Light Heavyweight previously and now Heavyweight.  Kocak was with Syn prior to that but found that a tough run as he earned a 2-2-1 record there. His real claim to fame comes from his Enigma days where he was the champ for three fights in a row before he left with the belt.  He’s proven his heavy hands…and feet, as this boy loves head kicks!...are a very dangerous weapon but at the same time he seems to be susceptible to taking a key shot himself when his guard is down.  We know he has a “good” chin from his early fights, but clearly in the Heavyweight division that isn’t always enough. 

Donkey’s Pick: Manivong via TKO (Strikes)

I’m going against my usual move here, where I tend to pick against Hare’s kids, and instead going to take Manivong in this one. Despite his very young age relative to Kocak his diverse toolset and ability to also land that big shot may be trouble for Kocak this evening.  That said, Manivong has to watch his own chin here at Kocak is a killer when he lands his shots!

Main Card Bout #3: Middleweights

52a8dbea01a56c4cbfa1b9535c2189c1.png

Here we are midway through the Main Card and our last fight before the two Main Events!  And what a great one we have!  Middleweights Ainsworth and Po are both fueled to the top and confidence on high, eye of the tiger for these stellar athletes folks!!!

Skillwise these two are about as even as you get…until you get to Jiu Jitsu where Po has maxed out his abilities with a very scary red belt versus Ainsworth’s brown.  Ainsworth has never fallen victim to a submission over his entire fairly long career.  Yet I think that may be tested tonight as Po is a true submission artist!  The goal for Ainsworth will be to stay on the feet as much as possible, avoid trouble if he can’t, and score points whenever possible along the way!

As mentioned, Po is a submission artist and there is very little doubt in my mind that he’ll be looking to prove that Ainsworth can be submitted.  Whether that’s true or not remains to be seen this evening!  Po is a former champ both here at Sucker Punch and previously at Combate. Unfortunately, he was unable to defend the belt successfully in either org.  He hopes to change that going forward but before he can he needs to get back to winning and prevent a three fight losing streak from developing here.

Donkey’s Pick: Ainsworth via Unanimous Decision

Ainsworth.  Via decision.  Why?  Because he’s good at it and although he’ll face a ground test like he’s never seen before tonight the onus is on ground guys to make the magic happen in the sport today.  Carlos Castenada is a magician with guiding his men on the ground…but Ainsworth is a savvy customer as well and managed exceptionally.

Co-Main Event:

Heavyweight Top Contender Battle

6e0b486bc96e7ac4084c016f62c358e6.png

The Heavyweight title may not be on the line here…as that happens next in the Main Event…but certainly a shot to get into that fight next month is on the line as Lampi takes on former champ Will Wrecks for the right to go face the winner of Shima and Slam!  As you’d expect, both are fully prepared to get into that cage and give the fans every ounce of value for their tickets tonight!  Let’s go!!!

Lampi is the two-time former Light Heavyweight Champ here at Sucker Punch.  Unfortunately, both times ended with Lampi coming up short in the title defense.  Once that second run spiraled into a three fight losing streak he and his management team decided maybe he’d fare better at Heavyweight.  And boy what a call that was!  Lampi has run through four straight in the Heavyweight division here including talents like Brazil, long time contender Haden, up and comer Conchobhar and even new arrival Kocak!  And, unlike earlier in his career, he’s proven that not only can he dish out the usual heavy hands and put his opponents down, but he can strike with technical proficiency as well and win with the judges when needed as he did with Haden and Kocak.  He looks prepared for this challenge but only his performance will tell us if he truly is!

Wrecks was on top of the world as one of the best P4P fighters in the business at Heavyweight and had successfully defended his belt here at Sucker Punch twice before falling to Noah Anderson in early May.  A chance to get right back to the title picture escaped him when he fell to fellow contender Ben Slam and now Slam fights for the belt tonight rather than Wrecks.  You can be sure that’s driving Wrecks like a locomotive with coal burning in his gut!  Wrecks took that frustration out on my own rising star, Manivong, last month in the most wicked way possible…a highlight reel, ‘KO of the Night’ earning, twenty-four second KO!  Ouch.  Yeah, not what I like to think about. You can bet he wants to send yet another statement via Lampi’s head tonight as he marches back towards the belt!

Donkey’s Pick: Wrecks via KO (Punch)

Super tough one to call as both fighters have amazing skills as strikers and both have “been there, done that” in pressure situations!  This is absolutely looking like a potential ‘of the Night’ winner in one way or another!  I can’t wait to see it, and for now I’m going to go with the former Heavyweight Champ.  But let’s get it on guys!!!!

Main Event:

Heavyweight Championship Bout

Shima vs. Slam II

59af056d58f95aa1aa0750961587354a.png

Our Main Event of the evening will give you fine folks a rematch as Ben Slam challenges Heavyweight Champion Hero Shima for the biggest belt in the business!!!  The last time these two met they were both contending for a trip to the championship and Shima came out on top after working a combination of devastating boxing and clinchwork!  This time, the belt is on the line and the stakes are even higher!  Will we make it out of the first round this go round?

Slam brushed off the loss to Shima, a Top Contender battle he didn’t capitalize on after receiving the opportunity for his first fight here at Sucker Punch, and ran off big wins over Will Wrecks and Robert MacArthur Jnr in May and June.  Those were huge wins and Slam continues to show he’s a killer with those fights ending in KO and TKO respectively…both in three minutes or under!  The only downside to his aggressive, power-hitting, head-hunting style?  He also gets tagged now and then and most of his losses have come via KO or TKO as well.  And more worrisome…more than a couple have come via doctor stoppage due to cuts.

Shima is led by none other than Carlos Castenada who will have his attention split between both Shima and Po tonight…at least until Po’s fight is over. And with a fight in between, you can be sure Shima will have Carlos and his teams’ full attention for this title fight.  They’re a savvy bunch of characters and it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they’re planning around either a KO or taking advantage of that bleeding history of Slam’s.  Shima has serious ground skills and can pull off a submission, but more often than not his team seems to enjoy beating others at their own game on the feet!

Donkey’s Pick: Shima via TKO (Cuts)

Those cuts have raised their ugly head more than a few times over Slam’s career and they worry me tonight against another hard striker!  Slam could end this early though and if he does, well, obviously game over for Shima and squad.  But I think that’s what he’s going to need and if we see championship rounds things will get ugly.  Assuming he stays awake for those also.

A fantastic card lined up for everybody tonight as we take Sucker Punch Pro Series back across the pond to London this evening for SPPS 163!  We hope we’ll see a small army of screaming, amped up Sucker Punch MMA fans but for those who can’t make the trek we have a full production, high quality THREE  HOUR LIVE PPV just for you!  Tune in or we’ll see you there shortly folks!

Till then, have fun and don’t forget…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series style!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1658496072SPPS164_Poster.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 164

Welcome Sucker Punch fans to a look forward at this evening’s SPPS 164 taking place in LA at the Colliseum!  As we did this past weekend, we’ll have NatiBatti giving brief previews of the Undercard and then Donkey “Dan” and I will jump in for the Main Card and finish things off!

Tonight’s card is going to be dominated by the Light Heavyweights and Middleweights with all but two fights featuring them.  The other two fights will be a Lightweight battle between Red Crow and my very own Repus Revorg as the second fight of the night and then to close out the Undercard we’ll have Heavyweight’s Conchobhar and Lou Slugger throwing down!

Our big fights of the evening in the Main Events will be Middleweights Silent Bob and future Hall of Famer Wanderson Machado going at it in the Co-Main followed by Ryan Bolt challenging Radu Dracul for the Light Heavyweight Championship! 

And, of course, a whole lot of fun in between!  Now, let’s get a word or two from our sponsor and merchandise partner here and then jump into detailed discussion for each contest this evening!

1584375781SWN.jpg

When you think about training your fighters, one of the biggest concerns is keeping them in the gym and actively training, am I right? And you can’t do that if they have to be stopping to recover and rest for sessions here and sessions there! That is why you need to visit our sponsor, Shadow Warrior Nutrition, and specifically grab some of their Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q. It is literally the best energy loss reduction supplement money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting! Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Light Heavyweights

Bobby Minnagh v Aboubacar Mandiang

NatiBatti’s Take:

The night's first fight will be a light heavyweight bout between Bobby Minaugh and Aboubacar Mandiang. These two are pretty evenly matched in boxing and wrestling, but Mandiang has a slight edge in both muay thai and BJJ. These guys both have 12 wins under their belt. However, Mandiang has lost 8 fights and tied 1 compared to Minaugh’s 7 lost fights. These differences in records are so small they tell us nothing when trying to predict the winner. Mandiang is missing a little morale and energy, but not a lot. Minaugh is missing slightly more morale than Mandiang but is missing no energy, so it pretty much evens out (at least according to me). I just have a feeling that Mandiang will win this one, so I’m going to go with my feeling and choose him to win this one. I think he will win by decision.

Undercard Bout #2: Lightweights

Red Crow v Repus Revorg

NatiBatti’s Take:

Up next, we will have Crow against Revorg in a lightweight bout. These two’s skills are pretty even in everything except BJJ, where Revorg excels with his black belt. They are both down just a little in both energy and morale, but since it’s about the same amount for both of them it doesn’t really matter here. These two both have 9 losses, but Crow has 4 more wins than Revorg making his win rate slightly better. Since Revorg is Hare’s fighter, and I like to spite Hare, I’m not choosing Revorg for this one. Crow shall win by TKO since that is what he does most often.   

Undercard Bout #3: Middleweights

Leonard Nimoy v Longsun Zhao

NatiBatti’s Take:

The third fight of the night will be a middleweight bout between Leonard Nimoy and Longsun Zhao. Now, I’m familiar with Zhao but I’m a fan of the name Leonard, so I think I’m going to give Nimoy bonus points for the name here instead. Zhao has a slight advantage in everything except muay thai, where they are pretty much even. Nimoy also has a much better record at 57% as opposed to Zhao’s 44%. Neither win rate is great, but Nimoy’s is still better. Zhao is missing both energy and morale while Nimoy is only missing morale, so I think that makes Nimoy better. I’m going to go with Nimoy for this win via TKO since that’s what he does best.

Undercard Bout #4: Middleweights

Tyson Law v Bryan Gracie

NatiBatti’s Take:

Fight number 4 will be another middleweight bout, this time between Tyson Law and Bryan Gracie. I’m familiar with both of these names, but don’t remember much about them so that won’t really factor in here. Law and Gracie have similar win rates at 58% and 61%, respectively. Law is as good or better than Gracie in every skill. Law is also only missing a little morale while Gracie is missing both energy and morale. Altogether, I think Law has the advantage here so I’m going to pick him to win via submission since he’s done that for 13 of his 14 wins throughout his career.

Undercard Bout #5: Heavyweights

Herleifr Conchobhar v Lou Slugger

NatiBatti’s Take:

The final fight on the undercard will be a heavyweight bout between Herleifr Conchobhar and Lou Slugger. I remember beefing with Conchobhar over his name, so I think I will hold onto the grudge while evaluating this matchup. Slugger can match or outperform Conchobhar in every skill so that should be quite beneficial to him during this fight. Slugger is also coming into this bout with completely full energy and morale which is not something I think I’ve seen before. Conchobhar, on the other hand, is not so perfect. Conchobhar has much more experience and a much better win rate, but at this point, I don’t even care because I don’t like Conchobhar. Slugger will win via TKO since he has won that way 100% of the time thus far.

Donkey and I are picking up here for the Main Card folks!

Main Card Bout #1: Light Heavyweights

bdf05295837711d5a8563f5150492004.png

Time for Main Card action folks and Donkey and I are back to save you from NatiBatti’s drivel!!!  These two Light Heavyweights are extremely well matched with the smallest of advantages in Muay thai for Vanorden while he gives up the same in wrestling to Chestner.  Vanorden will likely come into tonight’s contest just slightly off on energy, but not by a ton.

The “American Psychopath” is making his Sucker Punch debut tonight after the merger with CFC brought him over to us.  His last fight was a closely fought 29-28 decision loss to a very talented Willy Mataitai.  Prior to that he’d put his ground submissions skills on display with a mid-first round triangle choke over Tomomisan Tsuruta.  The mix of TKO finishes along with submissions over his career, along with decisions thrown in there, shows that Chestner has the skills and the willingness to win any way it takes! 

Vanorden is the self-proclaimed “Decision Taker” and while that moniker may have been accurate for a large part of his run with former manager Golden Finch it hardly depicts his most recent outcomes or his career as a whole!  More than anything, implying he’s going for a decision each fight may be more just a bit of psychological warfare thrown at his opponents as Vanorden has shown himself more than capable of laying the smacketh down upon his opponents with a big KO. 

Donkey’s Pick: Chestner via TKO (Strikes)

The only issue for Vanorden?  He has a lot of heart, we know that, but his chin may be slightly suspect given four of his last six losses have come via TKO or KO. The other two losses were submissions.  Chestner preys on all forms of these and for that reason I’m going to lean towards him and his mixed set of skills to find the weak link in Vanorden’s game tonight.

Main Card Bout #2: Light Heavyweights

fa13505a43180ea56389919bbb63e25b.png

If Corcoran can get past Wille Thai and his ground game this evening he’ll be looking at a possible Top Contender battle in the near future with one more solid win over a top tier opponent. But that’s a huge *if* as Thai is a dangerous opponent who has tested more than a handful of top tier rising talents in the Light Heavyweight division over his run at Sucker Punch!

Corcoran is a dangerous opponent as well who will put his cage-mate on their ass before they know what happens if they don’t pay attention.  Sure, he can win via decision as well, but this man has some heavy hands.  Just ask Mandiang who is still trying to remember what happened in the first round KO he suffered back on June 29th in Corcoran’s SPPS debut!  An unbelievable talent on paper who has just struggled to put it all together for a big run at the right times.  So far he's off on the right foot at SPPS.  We know from his history that submission specialists appear to be his kryptonite, so we're looking at this upcoming fight against Thai as a measuring stick.  Where is he?  Is he ready for the big step forward?  Has he moved past this type of hurdle?  If he wins, he'll be up against a top tier opponent in the division next with the chance to move into Top Contender territory on the line!  And then it's a matter of seeing if his prior experience as a former champ at Iron Wolf, but without a successful defense, pays off and gives him the know-how to get the job fully done!

Thai has turned into the ultimate gatekeeper personified.  While he worked to and had two title shots early in his career, ultimately his Achilles heel is a striker who manages to land good shots and can steer clear of the ground.  While his striking has improved over his career, even allowing him to work for his first non-submission victory against elite striker John Fury back in March, it’s still pretty much submission or bust for him in most fights.  His attempts to get back to the title picture over the latter part of his career have always been thwarted at the last minute when his run against strikers gives in to one of those looming KO’s. 

Donkey’s Pick: Thai via Submission (Kimura)

The test for Corcoran tonight will be to prove he can withstand the thread of a ground specialist to prove he’s worthy of moving on to top battles and a potential shot at the strap down the line.  But Thai is due…and Corcoran fell to Shape Shifter previously via submission so to pick him against a ground specialist going forward I have to see some really nice results tonight.  For now, I have to go with Thai.

Main Card Bout #3: Middleweights

5b829fc9e2e33bd12e70692422792b7c.png

Here we are midway through the Main Card and our last fight before the two Main Events!  And what a great one we have!  Middleweights Jukassa and Karter are both fueled to the top and confidence on high.  Let’s goooo!!!

Former champ Jukassa unfortunately came up short in his first title defense.  Some say that the title defense is the true test and definition of being "the champ" and you're not really one until you pass that test.  Nobody can take away the fact that he held the belt, but you can bet this man and his team want a chance to hold it again...and defend it!  After the loss of the belt, he seemed to be shaken a bit and went on to lose the next fight to the same man he took the belt from originally, Kazuma.  No shame in that, Kazuma's a killer, but it derailed his trip back to the title fight as that was a Top Contender battle with a title shot on the line.  He's defeated Ainsworth since, and putting down a top rising talent in Karter would certainly do wonders in not only pushing himself forward but holding down some new competition at the top of the heap.  If he wins, he's likely only one fight away from being right back into the Top Contender picture again...one step away from the ultimate goal!

Karter is an amazing natural talent who came to us slightly under skilled relative to the competition at the time, especially as a young 362k ID.  As such, we eased him into the mix, originally with just a moonlight contract for us.  He overcame the early tests and then signed on longer with us and has cruised along, continuing to develop amazingly well and taking on tougher and tougher tests along the way. Only a small stumble against Tyson Law slowed him down, and we backed him off for a moment but only long enough for him to regain focus and he came back to avenge that loss. The fight with Zhao was a big step up test for him that he passed with flying colors.  Now, against Jukassa, he will face the toughest test and the most dangerous opponent of his career.  A loss would carry no shame here, part of the development cycle.  A win would declare to the MMAT world and the Middleweight division as a whole that this kid is somebody to be feared in the future...and that future may be closer than they think!

Donkey’s Pick: Jukassa via TKO (Strikes)

This is an uphill battle for Karter.  But it’s intended to be to see if he’s there and ready for the next big steps up the ladder in this division!  He’s passed almost every test put before him up to this point.  But this is a big, big one.  Jukassa is a very talented fighter who holds the Jiu Jitsu advantage in the cage this evening.  That said, I think that’s most defensive in nature and I expect him to stand and box with Karter if Karter cooperates!  Both are talented in that area, but Jukassa’s experience may pay off here.

Co-Main Event:

Featured Middleweight Battle

bde1b8f627273a0c4c829623e1298f3a.png

Our Co-Main Event brings two fantastic Middleweight talents to the cage tonight folks!  Bob and Machado are both fully prepped and ready to get at it and aside from Bob’s advantage in Jiu Jitsu these two are neck and neck skill wise!

Bob's been off and running with solid performances and more wins than losses so far at SPPS!  Unfortunately the couple losses he has taken were in critical, high pressure situations where a title shot was on the line with a Top Contender battle loss.  Twice so far.  Now he fights an SPPS legend and with a win could propel himself right back towards a third opportunity to get over the hump and into another Top Contender battle!  However, this division is jam packed since the merger with a ton of top talent so the road to a title shot has gotten even tougher than before!

Machado's a sure-fire, first ballot Hall of Famer for Sucker Punch (when we get off our asses and get that taken care of!) with a storied career of success over four different managers.  The man just had "it" for so long! Rumor has it that this is his very last fight potentially before he goes off to become a coach for his current team.  What a coach to have!  He's been managed by some of the greatest managers in the MMAT world and it would be awesome to get a look back at his career from the eyes of his final manager, the ups, the downs (not many!) and what it's all meant!  So don’t be surprised if you see an interview along those lines in the near future as I suspect it’d be a superbly captivating one.  Make no mistake…this man has won too much and too often to want to go riding into the sunset with anything but a WIN!

Donkey’s Pick: Machado via TKO (Strikes)

Everything in my being tells me to take Bob in this Co-Main Event.  He’s hungry still, he wants to be champ here at SPPS, he’s still driving forward and his manager believes he still has the ability and time to get there.  And he’s a nasty technical striker who loves to kiss some judge ass, or so I’ve been told.  Ok, fine, I haven’t been told anything like that, but still…I mean, that’s a lot of decisions!  But as much as Alex K, Machado’s manager, may not truly believe in him…the man has shown he finds a way to get it done.  Most of the time, if you ignore the ass-whooping he just got handed in the title fight by Kazuma earlier this month!  But that’s his one kryptonite…Kazuma.  Over two recent managers, Kazuma is the only one to unlock the Machado puzzle.  And for that reason I’m taking Machado tonight…to once again frustrate Bob.  Wait, I don’t mean I’m making this pick to frustrate Bob…I mean that a loss to Machado will…er, anyways, whatever, nevermind!

Main Event:

Light Heavyweight Championship Bout

Dracul vs. Bolt II

df3ea65517a6eca41c4bfccb93138c77.png

Our Main Event of the evening brings you a rematch between challenger Bolt and Sucker Punch Pro Series Light Heavyweight Champion…Dracul!  Now, I could go on and on and tell you about how Bolt has the advantage in both areas of standup, etc., blah blah blah…but that didn’t matter last time!  Will it this time?!?

Bolt has only been defeated by two over his career, both by decision.  Never stopped and finished.  He comes back to the title fight for a rematch with Dracul after losing a really tight 48-47 decision in May on his first trip to the championship fight.  You can expect that he and his manager, Runt, have discussed and thought about this rematch extensively not only over the month leading up to the rematch, but since the first fight!  In his early career, Bolt was starting to look like a TKO machine with two in QFC fights and then a third in his SPPS debut over Orochi.  Then…the decisions started to come.  Both for and against him.  Since the Orochi fight he’s been involved in six fights…six decisions…four in his favor.  Only Ibrahim Camara, who has fallen off a cliff somewhat…and current champ and opponent Dracul…have bested him in that department.

Dracul came out of nowhere as an underrated fighter (skill wise) to not only win the belt but establish some consistency to the LHW division with three successful title defenses so far!  Despite being the lesser skilled, on paper at least, in the first meeting with Bolt he managed to meet the challenge head on, win a tightly fought decision…and then go on to defend twice more…putting to rest any questions about whether he’d just “gotten by” in those first couple title fights!  Decisions over both Bolt and, subsequently, Tribute along with the submission of Izanagi to win the belt originally have proven that Dracul must be feared for more than just his TKO ability!

Donkey’s Pick: Bolt via Unanimous Decision

The last fight was SO tightly fought and came down to a single round decision by the judges.  Bolt is typically amazing in those situations and I just feel like if there were adjustments to be tweaked for this fight the onus was on Bolt’s team to do so.  And they may have done just that.  It would be awesome to have this series go to a rubber match after this sequel!

A fantastic card lined up for everybody tonight as we take Sucker Punch Pro Series back to the west coast of the States for SPPS 164!  We hope we’ll see a small army of screaming, amped up Sucker Punch MMA fans but for those who can’t make the trek we have a full production, high quality THREE  HOUR LIVE PPV just for you!  Tune in or we’ll see you there shortly folks!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

image.png.921eb1736f0bbf7513d5af31cd829c83.png

Manager Mattias Lundgren (129504) made an error in one of his recent posts. So, we, the Billenium Squad, would like to make a correction for all of the fans of SP. 

image.jpeg.5b4f6dcf1195663bfbbcec66f6003726.jpeg

Some things are so rare that humankind will not be around long enough to see them. We can only theorize about the fallout or the realization of its importance -- things like the big bang.

image.jpeg.8cba4140d3b298e05a3e24e8afcd1a80.jpeg

Some things change time, for better or for worse. Like a white hole. Taking us back in time. To things we should never EVER be able to go back to, but instead dream about returning to once it's over.

Remember the best hotdog you ever had?
image.jpeg.541ed8853072ca268bed6b85a8215cae.jpeg

Times that by a thousand x1000 and you get this
Pickle Bun Reuben Sandwiches Recipe | MyRecipes

Times this by a number bigger than the human mind can comprehend; now you get!

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Akara  Kongsangchai  VS  14232416879438.jpg

Edward Mills vs Akara Kongsangchai

The ONLY fight that matters!

Hare, get your cheque book ready. This fight is bigger than Reuben sandwich pickle money!

• Upvote 1

1659100033SPPS165_Poster.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 165

Hello everybody, I’m Hare Rumpler and as always I’ll be joined by my good buddy and analyst, Donkey “Dan” as we prepare to take a look at SPPS 165 for all you screaming Sucker Punch fans out there!  This card is loaded with fun and those in attendance live at the Wombley in London will have a treat on their hands!  For those who can’t just hop, skip and jump across the pond (or from anywhere else) to be at the event we’ll have a full LIVE three hours of amazing coverage for you available on PPV…and trust me, it’ll be worth the small cost!  So no worries no matter where you are today, when it comes to top of the line MMA action, we got you here at Sucker Punch Pro Series!

The early part of tonight’s card will be dominated by the mid to lower weight classes.  After an initial sparring bout between one of my own youngsters, Sacrificial Lamb Jr and my alliance mate Mikey’s new kiddo, Eusebio Montoya, we’ll then have ourselves a very interesting Light Heavyweight bout on our hands between Kuznetsov and Silva.  Two fighters who have all the skills to be ranked highly but have just slipped over the past year.  Could this be the night they step back towards the spotlight?  After that, as I said, we slip into the mid to lower weight classes with a pair of Featherweight contests, a Lightweight battle between Dvalishvili and Smith that should be absolutely top notch and then the Main Card! 

On the Main you’ll get Middleweight action with Kirk and Broderick going at it in a fight that promises to please the fans followed by Alesky and Segura in a Welterweight clash where each are also working to find their way back up the ladder much like Kuznetsov and Silva earlier in the evening.  Our final before the Main Events is a big, big showdown between Apollo Arnio and Robert MacArthur where a couple of the “new faces” in SPPS MMA get in that cage to give the fans a thrill. These Heavyweights only have a single fight between them here at SPPS, a loss by McArthur last month to now champ Ben Slam so for the most part this is new blood at SPPS and new chances for fans to find some of their favorite new fighters to root for!

The Main Events are going to be awesome tonight as first we have Baptiste and Joseph going at it at Featherweight where the winner will have a date with Diogo Jimenez with a title shot on the line!  Jimenez is a superior talent from CFC and awaits his Sucker Punch debut and the chance to immediately jump right into the spotlight here at his new promotion!

Last but certainly not least you get tonight’s big Main Event, a title fight for the Sucker Punch Pro Series Welterweight Championship between challenger and former champ Keisuke Matsuzaka and current, defending, undisputed champ, Konrad Wagner!  Wagner took the belt from Matsuzaka in Matsu’s first title defense the only time Matsu has had the belt in his hands and you can be sure there’s plenty of familiarity…and bad blood…to be had here!

So let’s get a word or two from our sponsor and merchandise partner here and then jump into detailed discussion for each contest this evening!

1584375781SWN.jpg

When you think about training your fighters, one of the biggest concerns is keeping them in the gym and actively training, am I right? And you can’t do that if they have to be stopping to recover and rest for sessions here and sessions there! That is why you need to visit our sponsor, Shadow Warrior Nutrition, and specifically grab some of their Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q. It is literally the best energy loss reduction supplement money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting! Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Sparring Bout

Eusebio Montoya v Sacrificial Lamb Jr

Our first fight of the evening will be an open weight sparring bout between my own kid, Lamb Jr, and one of my alliance mate’s new youngsters, Eusebio Montoya.  This will be a quick three minute affair as both Mikey C and I are simply looking to see what we might have in these kids.  Don’t blink, because if these kids don’t show some serious potential you may never see them again in the MMA world outside being the towel or bucket boy for somebody else!

Don’t expect a lot from this fight and also don’t take much away from the skill differences.  Sure, Montoya appears to be the better in boxing but it’s by a single point while Lamb Jr is the same in wrestling.  Outside that, these two are about as green and wet behind the ears as possible and will likely be looking to just get out of there unscathed!  Lamb is the heavier fighter, but we’ve given him explicit instructions to play nice!

Donkey’s Pick: Nope!

I just don’t do picks for sparring bouts.  The managers here are simply interested in finding out what the loser’s morale looks like after a loss and what else the tale of the tape might tell them.  Do one or both of these kids have some rock solid chins?!?  Or are they more interested in comics or gardening than really getting in there and banging in the cage?  God forbid, are they a bleeder?!?  We’ll hopefully find SOMETHING out tonight!

Undercard Bout #2: Light Heavyweights

Silva vs. Kuznetsov II

Shogun Silva v Aleks Kuznetsov

Back to back showdowns for Light Heavyweights Silva and Kuznetsov?!?  What’s with that Donkey?  Oh, wait, I do the matchmaking?  Er…ok, well, um, how bout if I tell ya that Split Decisions, which is what we got the last time these two met, are shit and a fight should be decisively won?  That and the decision was about as questionable a decision as you get!  I mean, I get that rounds are won and lost and that we’re not doing whole fight scoring, but anybody who looks at the fight stats would swear that Kuznetsov got the better of them in that contest.  Yeah, and that’s why we’re running this one back?  Um…why are you looking at me like that Donkey?!?  That’s a perfectly good reason!!! 

Ok, fine.  The reality is that I messed up.  Yeah, it happens, occasionally.  I had my notes indicating they should face each other next, but that was from the prior month and I didn’t get rid of the note and accidentally made this fight again. But you know what…I don’t regret it and you can quit judging me!  Why don’t I regret it?  For all the reasons I just listed above…it may be accidental, but running this one back ain’t a damned bad idea!

Both are fully prepped which is awesome.  Silva is on a three fight winning streak heading into this battle but given his…well, there’s no way to coat this…awful run prior to that he needs every bit of this streak to offset.  Kuznetsov, a former champ who just can’t seem to find the consistency he needs, is on a 1-3 run of late with only a win over Grigorian three fights back. 

Donkey’s Pick: Kuznetsov via Unanimous Decision

Last time Silva was content to keep it standing…whether that was with separation and kickboxing or heading into the clinch.  Kuznetsov was more than willing to kickbox in return, but also wanted the fight on the ground to work the ground and pound, which he did.  Pretty well I might add.  He also threw some sub attempts in there, but that just wasn’t getting it done.  His camp was pretty bitter about the fight and Hare lies a bit, it wasn’t a total mistake that this fight is happening again.  Kuznetsov’s camp asked for it, and Hare’s just having some fun with this here!  What a fight to get things going with!!  I thought Kuznetsov won last time and unless Silva’s team adjusts, he probably will this time if all stays the same!

Undercard Bout #3: Featherweights

Godefroy Courtial v Aaron Petrov

If this is the way it’s going to be tonight then I will be one very happy camper folks!  Three fights in, two really for actual full fights, and we’ve had all our boys ready to go with gas tanks topped off and confidence on high!  Love it.

Courtial and Petrov, despite plenty of fights between them here at SPPS, are meeting for the very first time in the cage this evening!  They’re very evenly matched, with only Courtial showing a small edge in Muay Thai.  Outside that, these two should give each other a great run around the cage!

Petrov’s last four fights have all ended in TKO. Unfortunately, it’s been mixed results for him at 2-2 over that run.  Courtial is the same at 2-2 but comes in off a win over Leo Vuce via TKO.  These two have Vuce in common as their last wins, both via TKO, and both fighters have very similar approaches in the cage…plenty of kickboxing…not a lot of clinching or ground work.  Expect them to stand and throw hands…and feet…tonight!

Donkey’s Pick: Courtial via TKO (Strikes)

Neither fighter has really been able to gain a lot of traction lately but it just “feels” like the fights Courtial has won have been slightly higher in skill.  Does that mean he’s more prepared here?  Hard to say.  This very well could be a candidate for ‘Fight of the Night’ here despite being so early on the card if these two go to war the way we suspect they might!

Undercard Bout #4: Featherweights

Cleon Wright v Antonio Zetsika

It’s awesome to see the folks who slid over to SPPS as part of the merger with CFC starting to get into the mix and that’s just what we get here as Zetsika comes to the cage for his first contest under the SPPS banner!  Unfortunately, he’s also just slightly off on morale, which won’t make Donkey happy, but it’s not by a ton. 

Zetsika will give up the edge in Muay Thai this evening but is stellar in most other areas with exceptional boxing, elite wrestling and a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu.  Now he just needs to find a way to translate those skills into consistent wins in the cage!  He’s bounced back and forth like a yo yo over the past six fights at CFC with win and loss, rinse, repeat…and comes into tonight’s contest off a decision loss to Dirk Van Beest back in early July.  He’s capable of putting up a solid kickboxing effort but is most comfortable when he can get the fight to the ground and work those submissions!

Wright came to SPPS after being with BBFC and HFC for a pair of fights.  He came roaring in putting up three W’s in a row but then faltered once confronted by the more elite fighters in the division such as Jihadi Joseph.  With two losses via TKO and KO, something he much more prefers to dish out than take, he’ll be hungry for a win to avoid a three fight losing streak.  Expect him to work a heavy dose of boxing with some oomph behind those hands tonight, but he also won’t be afraid to take it into the clinch if he feels he has an opportunity there!

Donkey’s Pick: Wright via TKO (Cuts)

The challenge for Wright will be to see if he can keep the fight off the ground here tonight and, if he can’t, defend well.  If he can, this fight is his to lose.  Either via decision or finish.  Interesting…we’ve been told that early in his career Zetsika showed a tendency to cut.  Yet, that tendency has never been the culprit in a loss over his career.  Maybe I go out on a limb here and say that Wright’s heavy hands bring that to front and center?

Undercard Bout #5: Lightweights

Koba Dvalishvili v George Smith

We’ll finish off the Undercard here with a pair of Lightweights that, aside from a small amount of morale for Dvalishvili, are set and ready to get at it tonight! 

Smith, formerly known as Herve Cabrera, seems to have found god (perhaps?), a new name, a new manager as he moves from Marky Mark’s camp to Darren Russell’s squad…and even a new persona…and skin tone?!?  War changes a man they say…I guess he’s been through a few!  Now that he’s under new management he’s going to be looking to bring some consistency to his results rather than the back and forth run of wins and losses he’d been on.  The TKO loss to Red Crow seems to have been the final straw for Smith and his former team so a lot of variables come into play tonight.  Will he still tend to go for decisions?  Will he lean more heavily on the TKO finishes he’s more than capable of?  Will he revert back to the days when submissions were his go-to??? So many things to find out this evening!

Dvalishvili comes into the Sucker Punch cage for his second fight under our banner after a very, very long run at SFL prior.  His team was undoubtedly disappointed with his debut which ended in a TKO loss to Jyrki Sukulaku late in June.  Dvalishvili is a technical striker who will kickbox his way to victory on the judges’ cards if given the opportunity…but also has considerable skills in the clinch.  Given that Smith does hold the black belt advantage over his own brown tonight you have to wonder if this is going to become a game of cat and mouse, can Dvalishvili prevent it from going to the ground or not, type affair?

Donkey’s Pick: Dvalishvili via Unanimous Decision

This is one of those types of fights that can be very tough to win for a non-decision fighter especially at this weight class.  Dvalishvili excels at a style that is very effective at this weight and I think it’s going to be up to Smith to find a way to turn things to his advantage tonight.

Donkey and I are taking a quick break and then we’ll be back with the Main Card folks!

Main Card Bout #1: Middleweights

fad16629bee8b27ff583bc590b5c04e6.png

We’ll open the Main Card with a Middleweight showdown between newcomer Hunter Broderick and SPPS mainstay, James Kirk!  Kirk will have the skill advantage on paper this evening with a small advantage in Muay Thai and a brown belt over Broderick’s purple in Jiu Jitsu. Outside that, these two have been practicing MMA for about the same amount of time, are the same age at 28 years old and are even just about the same in stature with only a three pound natural difference in weight.  Great matchup!!!

Broderick’s prior run at SMASH left something to be desired…something both he and his team at the time appear to agree upon as they decided a change was in order.  That change saw Broderick move from Marcus Crassus’ team to the Crazy Horse squad and with it, a move over to us here at SPPS! He’s a former champ from Blaze and with his hard hitting style it’s usually KO or bust for him in most fights.  We can’t wait for the fireworks tonight as he steps into the cage with James Kirk!

Kirk is adept striking for a win, whether via decision or finish.  That said, he’s also had a history of taking loses in the exact same way often enough that it has held him back from reaching the very top.   After a Top Contender battle loss to Silent Bob earlier this month that cost him a title shot potentially it’s back to the drawing board to see if he can turn things around and erase the current 1-3 streak from the fans’…and  management’s…memories. 

Donkey’s Pick: Kirk via TKO (Strikes)

Kirk’s insanely good at defending on the ground but that skill shouldn’t be needed this evening.  Instead, this should be a standup war between Kirk and Broderick.  Both need a big win here tonight to build some momentum and really this thing could easily go either way, so it’s a coin flip for me!

Main Card Bout #2: Welterweights

cad014ef3c932d4ae3883283c559b9a5.png

Redemption…seems to be the theme of the night for the majority of the fights leading up to the Main Events it seems!  Once again here, we have a Welterweight battle where both fighters very much need to use this fight…and a win…to correct trajectories and build some momentum up the ladder!

Segura has been with us for all but the very first fight of his career.  His early fights brought him a ton of success in the Welterweight division here and TKO’s were his best friend.  Then…Demetrius Jackson happened.  With that decision loss and with it a missed chance to go to the championship fight he seemed to lose some focus and confidence.  Losses started to pile up after that…next to my own Lou Valentine, then Rossiter…Warrior…Queen.  Only a win over Rurikovich put an end to the bleeding and since then he’s bounced between losses to Hamada and a follow-up win in his most recent fight to King, via TKO.  What does all this mean?  It means that Segura is RIGHT THERE…with being able to get back to some of the form he showed early in his career.  But a win here tonight is really needed.  Given that horrendous five fight losing streak, a run here of 3-1 would be hugely different than W,L,W,L! 

Aleksy’s story isn’t so much different from Segura’s.  He wasn’t with us over the majority of his career, but has now been with us for a solid run here at Sucker Punch.  He’s had huge success over his career, with wild win streaks, but losses have come at the worst times for him when they do arrive!  Two title fights on the career so far, and both TKO or KO losses under the big lights…ouch.  The last championship loss, to current champ Konrad Wagner, seemed to send him into a bit of a downward spiral similar to Segura.  Losses to Darry Curtis and Itchy Sinclair piled up behind it.  A win over Bald Martin has helped to get him back on track but it’s a win over a higher caliber opponent like Segura that’s needed to really jumpstart things for him. 

Donkey’s Pick: Aleksy via TKO (Strikes)

Both fighters know how to finish fights.  That doesn’t mean we don’t see decisions pop up for them, but the finish is always looming for one or the other.  That makes this fight have the potential for some serious fireworks this evening!  This is another fight that really comes down to a coin flip and which is ready to rebound better.  I don’t know why, but I’m leaning towards Aleksy in this one tonight.

Main Card Bout #3: Heavyweights

20afcfe5a8d6593fe71855b7b5e6cc3f.png

Our last fight before the Main Events and I was hoping that this fight would be a HUGE one.  And it still might be…certainly due to the masses of humanity in the cage…but also with the possibility of one of these two elevating to the upper levels of the division! 

MacArthur looked to be in that position already last month when he had a Top Contender battle with Ben Slam upon arrival here at SPPS.  Unfortunately for him that ended up a TKO loss and the opportunity was lost.  The disappointment this month comes with his preparation…truly the only fighter so far tonight that Donkey is probably going to be fairly unhappy with in that respect!  His morale is off slightly, but worse, his energy is off by about 20% which is definitely not ideal!

That means we’re looking much more closely at Aarnio here and whether he has what it takes to make a run to the top.  He comes to us from Syn and will make his Sucker Punch debut this evening, only his second fight under new management with Marky Mark after leaving the Knox team.  A big win in his last fight at Syn where he TKO’d Joao Cajo Branca helped fans to forget about the three prior losses under former management. New manager, new clean slate?  We’ll see!  A win here tonight would certainly help to make that a reality and propel him pretty quickly up the ladder given his history!  He’s had a couple chances at the title previously but was unable to get past Kilo Maluga at Syn.  But who really was able to, am I right?  His only title comes from a super heavyweight fight at Panda just before he left for Syn.

Donkey’s Pick: Aarnio via KO (Punch)

Both fighters know how to put an opponent on their ass. But MacArthur’s lack of prep makes me think that it’s going to be a much easier task for Aarnio tonight!  Look for the BOOM in this one folks, and a possible ‘KO of the Night’ performance along with it!

Co-Main Event:

Featured Featherweight Battle

Joseph vs. Baptiste III

56aa3c05a1d0da1127e223f8e9c236a6.png

Our Co-Main Event brings two fantastic Featherweight talents to the cage in their third meeting…and a chance to settle the score from earlier this month on July 1st when they fought to a draw and left all our fans wondering which of these two is going to get Top Contender status on the line against Diogo Jimenez!!!  We’ll, hopefully all that will be sorted this evening folks!

The last time these two fought it was an all-out technical striking clinic with stellar kickboxing on display for our fans!  There was a bit of grappling in the clinch, but it was really limited and these two preferred to stand and go at it with hands and feet flying all over the place!  In the end the fight numbers were amazingly close with Baptiste leaning more on an all-around striking game while Joseph focused more on head shots and leg kicks to slow his opponent down.

There’s not more to be said here.  A very dangerous Diogo Jimenez awaits the winner and that contest will decide who goes on to the championship fight!  Tons on the line and we can expect these two to leave it all in the cage once again!

Donkey’s Pick: Joseph via TKO (Strikes)

Baptiste’s technical striking is so difficult to overcome.  But Joseph proved he could bring it just as well last time out.  Does he bring the same or a very similar game again…or does he go for the kill as he’s done so often in his career?  I think maybe this one comes down to fatigue!

Main Event:

Welterweight Championship Bout

Wagner vs. Matsuzaka II

e7f337afe0e8f349253e525eea7816ce.png

Our Main Event of the evening and what can I say about this fight or these fighters that you haven’t heard before? Outside that this one is a huge opportunity for Matsuzaka to avenge a loss that still has to sting a bit from their last meeting! 

After three prior Welterweight title fights on his career, two at BFC back to back after a draw in the first and then one here at Sucker Punch against Juan Christiano…all losses, Matsuzaka finally found the holy land when he won the title from Leroy Jinx back in March!  And then…the former multi-time champ Konrad Wagner happened. He’d lost the belt to Demetrius Jackson but had made strides in making his way back to the belt with wins over Christiano and then a revenge win over Jackson. That put him in position to come swooping in and he did just that, taking the belt back from Matsuzaka in Matsu’s first title defense.

Wagner has been on a tear since…defending the belt four times successfully on this title run…the fourth run of his career!  Can anybody take him down?  Can that “anybody” be Matsuzaka…tonight?

Donkey’s Pick: Matsuzaka via TKO (Strikes)

The first time they met it was a five round war that stayed mostly standing and separated with Matsu coming hard with the fists and some kicks thrown in while Wagner brought a serious kickboxing game with a ton of those targeting Matsuzaka’s legs to slow him down.  And it worked to a degree, giving him a 49-47 win essentially on the cards.  What adjustments do they make tonight?!!  We’ll find out!  I’m picking Matsuzaka just to create controversy here! LOL!

A fantastic card lined up for everybody tonight as we take Sucker Punch Pro Series back to London for SPPS 165!  We hope we’ll see a small army of screaming, amped up Sucker Punch MMA fans but for those who can’t make the trek to the british isles, we have a high quality THREE HOUR LIVE PPV just for you!  Tune in or we’ll see you there shortly folks!

• Upvote 1

Subject : Message from fighter - Edward Mills

Edward Mills stubbed his toe getting out of the shower. After talking about his experience to an MMA radio show, the popular opinion is that he's a bit dim but in a loveable way.

3 Skill pops leading up to the fight of the billennium...Best Mills has been looking in his whole career. National Pickle day is coming soon. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kfuhrer said:
Subject : Message from fighter - Edward Mills

Edward Mills stubbed his toe getting out of the shower. After talking about his experience to an MMA radio show, the popular opinion is that he's a bit dim but in a loveable way.

3 Skill pops leading up to the fight of the billennium...Best Mills has been looking in his whole career. National Pickle day is coming soon. 

That message you got is like one of those, "Yeah, tell us something we didn't know!" moments! hahahha

• Upvote 2

1636834755SuckerPunchOrg_Logo_Unrestrain

Huge day for Sucker Punch coming up as we have our first double-event day this coming Wednesday and three events in a week to support the merger from CFC!  We'll have to see how this affects the event ratings and such for not only these events but the next few after them.  

But in terms of MMA action, we have a HUGE day of fights coming on August 3rd with things opening up in London for SPPS 166 and then seven hours later we get the second half of the day's action with SPPS 167 in Los Angeles!!!

19c8414191a8a74519cb6040f621073d.png

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

1636834755SuckerPunchOrg_Logo_Unrestrain

Huge day for Sucker Punch coming up as we have our first double-event day this coming Wednesday and three events in a week to support the merger from CFC!  We'll have to see how this affects the event ratings and such for not only these events but the next few after them.  

But in terms of MMA action, we have a HUGE day of fights coming on August 3rd with things opening up in London for SPPS 166 and then seven hours later we get the second half of the day's action with SPPS 167 in Los Angeles!!!

19c8414191a8a74519cb6040f621073d.png

I've got fighters on both cards! looking forward to this. Took me 8 f**king months to get out of my last division so I need some wins now haha

• Upvote 1

1659102017SPPS166_Poster.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 166

Y'all ready for this?  Get down with the sound, house on the ground! Freeze when I squeeze, drop to your knees.  You must obey, we’re in here to stay, ready to take you around the way!  So you’re ready for this, mind your own biz', cause I am bad, yeah the MMA wiz!  No need to sit, 'cause we're Sucker Punch Pro Series…Ready, ready, ready for this! 

DJ Rumpler here with you along with my sidekick, Donkey “Dan” and we’ve got SPPS 166 y’all, live and the first of two big events all in one action packed hump day!

In addition, some of you may be about to get a heavy dose of abuse…so you may want to hide under your desks, hands on your heads…because you know, that’s the best way to protect yourself when Risa Roo is coming at you!  Yes, my oldest daughter who is just a couple weeks away from heading back to college is being kind enough to grace us with some of her thoughts before heading off to the Mr. Worldwide concert this evening!  She’ll be taking care of the Undercard portion of the previews here.  Don’t worry though, if you’ve done well enough to work yourself into the Main Card you’ll avoid her abuse and get Donkey and I instead!

No title fights on the card this go round folks!  But still, oh so much fun action here at SPPS as the vast majority of these fights are going to feature new and incoming CFC transfers from our merger last month!  Yes, many of their kids will get their first opportunity to step into the cage under the Sucker Punch banner and we couldn’t be more happy, and proud, to be able to present them as part of an even bigger and better Sucker Punch Pro Series!

This card has got everything from Featherweight fight on up through Heavyweight mah peeps!  Well, that is, unless you have a huge thing for Welterweights.  If so, then yeah, you’re going to be disappointed.  None to be found.  Maybe you’d prefer to skip on over to Los Angeles and wait there for SPPS 167 instead a few hours later!  Ha!

Alright, enough of my rambling, let’s get a word or two from our sponsor and merchandise partner here and then jump into detailed discussion for each contest this evening!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Featherweights

Moganesh Jain v Mac Bandini

Risa Roo’s Take:

First fight of Sucker Punch 166 is a three-round matchup between Mac “Pipe” Bandini and Moganesh "The Monkey God" (are you kidding me what the hell kind of nick name is that? Go eat a banana weirdo) Jain. Both guys are coming into the night with a lot of energy, which should lead to an interesting fight between the two. Neither are all that popular, so the crowd might be too busy stocking up on beers and munchies to pay much attention, but they may miss out on a pretty good match-up. Jain is coming off two winning fights and is obviously hoping to get a three-fight streak going here. Bandini, on the other hand, has been back and forth on his last few fights between wins and losses, and while his morale is high, it’s a tad lower than Jain. Hopefully that doesn’t affect him.

Undercard Bout #2: Light Heavyweights

Beaudell Beckham Jr v Abraham Barnes

Risa Roo’s Take:

The second fight of the night will be another three-round matchup (hint: all of the early fights are three rounds) between Abraham Barnes and Beaudell "Bbj" Beckham Jr. Barnes is lacking a bit of energy going into the fight, which could become detrimental if it goes the full three rounds to a decision. Both are also lacking a bit of morale, but since they’re about the same level that shouldn’t be an issue. Barnes is coming off of a three-fight losing streak (ouch dude, that has to weigh on your mind a bit), which Beckham has been a bit more consistent with a few wins and draws mixed in. Both of these guys frequently win their fights with TKOs (that is, when they win of course), so this one will likely just be the dictionary definition of a full-on brawl (hopefully).

Undercard Bout #3: Middleweights

Nick Barkley v Emporio Cannabino

Risa Roo’s Take:

The third fight of the night will be between Nick Barkley and Emporio "Smokerinho" Cannabino. What even is a “Smokerinho” anyway? Dude is making up stuff to try to sound cool (and failing). Cannabino recently got a win to end his six-fight losing streak (double ouch). Hopefully he can continue the good vibes today. Barkley is coming off a loss, but his morale is still high which is good. Both guys have a lot of energy and are fired up for today. Both dudes are TKO and decision winners, hopefully if it goes the whole 3 rounds it’s not a snooze-fest. I cannot get over how dumb Smokerinho sounds, we’re revisiting. That sounds like a nickname a second grader would give himself for winning tag on the playground. DO better dude come on.

Undercard Bout #4: Featherweights

Mason Rogers v Yellow Belt Casey

Risa Roo’s Take:

The fourth fight of the night will be participated in by these lovely (not really) gentlemen: "Brick" Mason Rogers (your head looks like a brick) and Yellow Belt Casey (no way in hell that’s actually your first name, what are you hiding? Very suspicious). Both of these guys have plenty of energy and morale going into the event. Rogers has a history of decision wins (over 75% of his wins are), so Casey better hope to take him out early. Both fighters are coming off a recent win, and I doubt either wants to add another loss to the tally, especially since both wins came after losses. Maybe they’ll both lose, and the cage will be the winner!

Undercard Bout #5: Lightweights

Anti Half Assed v Marchrius Rossi

Risa Roo’s Take:

The last fight I will be reviewing before Hare finally does his job for once is the fifth fight of the night between Anti Half Assed (you look like you half ass your shower routine bro, shave please god damn) and Marchrius "Marco" Rossi. Parents really wanted to make life tough with that first name, huh? Anyone ever pronounce it right on the first try? Didn’t think so, good thing you go by Marco. POLO! Anyway, both of these dudes are coming in with energy and morale, so hopefully this will be an even paced and engaging fight. Rossi is coming off a few losses while Half Assed is coming off a couple wins. We’ll see if one can break the losing streak or one can maintain the winning streak. I’m rooting for whoever has the best hygiene (take a guess who).

Main Card Bout #1: Featherweights

b9c302f598d686afd141e3834bc1fdb8.png

Donkey and I return to the keyboard here as we slide right into the Main Card with a tough challenge for my very own Saggy Dinglestomper against an alliance-mate’s kid, Trounvouche, led by Action Jackson.  It appears as though both will be well prepared for the fight when the time comes, energy seems in order given the time until the fight and morale is definitely fine for both!  Very nice.  (Although I was secretly hoping that Action would come unprepared…it may be the only way to defeat him!)

Skill wise these kids are close, but Trounvouche will have both the age, experience and ID advantage in this one as well as having slight edges in both Muay Thai and wrestling.  That makes this a serious uphill battle for my own Saggy…but hey, sometimes you have to see where they’re at especially after a title fight loss!

Dinglestomper struggled in his last three fights at Combate so it was no surprise that despite a couple wins at CFC he was unable to best Yuro Nagasaki, the current champ at Featherweight. Falling to a quick, mid-first round submission was especially disappointing, but shit happens!  Very much a decision fighter, tonight’s bout against Trounvouche becomes even that much more difficult given Trounvouche is also adept at technical striking and has the better overall skills in standup. 

Trounvouche had his own tough go at CFC for a couple fights in losses to Farrokhzad and Lemmy Bang but bounced back and comes into this fight with Dinglestomper on a two fight winning streak.  He’d like to extend that to a trifecta.  His last NINE wins have come via decision, so I think we know what to expect here.  Fans of finishes and big power shots are probably going to be disappointed as the folks who like to tear apart a technical striking contest will be the only ones likely pleased!

Donkey’s Pick: Trounvouche via Unanimous Decision

Hare said it all.  There’s really nothing going in Dinglestomper’s favor for this one so he’ll have to dig deep to find a way to come out on top I think.  This is Trounvouche’s fight to lose.

Main Card Bout #2: Middleweights

3ae07c83466f1a691acf039c5e634ab9.png

We’ll take a step back from the “new kid invasion” here with a Middleweight bout between two regular SPPS customers in Stanley and Watkins.  A lot can happen between now and the event kickoff, but things are looking good for these two at this time when it comes to energy and morale!  Nice.

Stanley will have the only big advantage with his brown belt in Jiu Jitsu over Watkins’ purple.  Outside that, these two are very closely matched with only a small edge in wrestling for Watkins.  Even their records are only separated by a single draw difference.  Stanley comes off a tough pill to swallow with a split decision loss to Landon McGuire in July.  Prior to that he’d turned out the lights in the first round for both Alaoui and Fuhren in May and June.  But don’t start thinking that that’s the extent of this boy’s tool belt!  Prior to a decision loss to Ronnie Bass he also put up back to back wins over Ortega and Alvarez over at Blaze…both via submission!  You don’t know what this kid is going to do in the cage until it’s too late and there’ve only  been a few lately who have been able to make it to the end…Watkins will have his work cut out for him!

Watkins has been under new management for the past three fights while continuing his extended run here at SPPS with us.  To some degree not much has changed, he appears to be bouncing between wins and losses with big finishes in his favor when things go right, but clearly a weak spot in the armor when it comes to submissions.  He’ll need to have focused his attention on defense in that area as Stanley is no stranger to the ground game and will likely be looking at that history with a spark in his eye!  Watkins would like to put something else in his eye long before the fight can go to the ground though…his fist!  And if that happens it could be smelling salts for Stanley.

Donkey’s Pick: Stanley via Submission (Armbar)

I love this matchup because while they’re both very skilled there are definite areas where each could take this fight and make it their own!  It’s just a matter of who can impose their will and get the job done!  Classic striker versus potential grappler situation here.  If it stays on the feet Watkins MAY have the advantage, but Stanley is no slouch in that area either.  On the ground, the fight swings definitively to Stanley.  Given all that, if I were playing poker, Stanley has more outs here on the river!

Main Card Bout #3: Featherweights

ba10a3b936d649c4a1cfa8f8c12db8fd.png

In our final fight before the Main Events, Kalmisto welcomes another from the new cast of characters incoming from CFC in this Featherweight bout!  At this point both look to be very much on track preparation wise and I think we can expect a great go from each of them when the bell rings!

Kalmisto will have a small advantage in Jiu Jitsu with his black belt and sensational wrestling versus Gonclaves brown and exceptional respectively.  While the year started out a bit rough for Kalmisto with a 1-3 run from January through late March and only a single victory by TKO over Thompson, the run up to this fight has been exceptional with a trio of wins all via TKO.  All but one of those wins, the most recent, came in the first round with only a talented Cleon Wright able to hang till midway through the second.  All but one of his wins, the very first of his career, have come via TKO so any opponent needs to watch for his damaging hands. 

Gonclaves run over the three fights at CFC was pretty solid as well at 2-1 with the loss to Farrokhzad sandwiched between wins over Mike Lowe and, most recently, Dingleberry Jones who is now managed by Gunnar Pleysa but was originally one of my own stable…four managers back!  Gonclaves lives and dies by the (T)KO and given both bring a similar style to the cage this one could turn into a serious fireworks display!

Donkey’s Pick: Kalmisto via TKO (Strikes)

Given the similar approach both of these fighters bring to the cage, I went back to look at their early days to see what each are made of.  Kalmisto has a granite chin and for the most part it’s showed over his career with his losses all coming either via decision or submission.  The lights have never been turned out standing for him.  Gonclaves has some heavy hands though and may test that chin tonight.  However, he’s also suffered more than a couple finishes on the feet and that’s where this becomes interesting.  If he can land the right shot at the right time…preferably early in this one…he’s got a good shot at making this another notch on his KO belt. But, the longer this fight goes, the better chance Kalmisto is the one who finds a home for his fists.  With the granite chin, I have to go with Kalmisto for now.

Co-Main Event:

Featured Light Heavyweight Battle

4de763bbd13704d05dcd2b05063643d5.png

I haven’t taken a close look yet at the Undercard fights for SPPS 166 but so far I’m thrilled with the preparation from the start of the Main Card all the way up through this Co-Main Event!  Awesome stuff!  Nig Nig and Izanagi both come into the fight, at least as of now, ready to get at it and once again we can expect their very best! Now that’s treating the fans and the sport right!

Nig, who seems to be questioning his identity these days to the point where he’s wondering why former management named him as they did, will have the advantage in Jiu Jitsu for this bout.  It won’t matter though!  This is a man who likes to come out swinging with bad intentions!  He’s never won via submission although he has lost a few on the ground.  But he has a very specific set of skills.  Skills he’s acquired over a long career.  Skills he intends to thump his opponent’s skull with!  Under new manager Crazy Horse he’s off to a 1-0 start in his rebirth late in his career.  A fifty second first round KO over Tomomi Tsuruta over at Syn in July.  Can he bring the same to the cage here at Sucker Punch against Izanagi?

Izanagi comes into this fight fresh off his second title fight loss to the same man…Radu Dracul!  His only two losses over this past seven fights!  You know this man’s ass is chapped and he’s looking to take out his frustrations and he tends to do that in a myriad of ways.  Decisions?  Sure, he can do that.  KO’s?  Yep, what would you prefer, a good punch to the kisser or a foot in your face?  He can serve it all up!  Given all that, I’m not sure a decision is in the cards for this meeting as Nig Nig and Izanagi are likely to piss each other off enough that they’ll be headhunting sooner than later after Izanagi welcomes Nig to SPPS!

Donkey’s Pick: Izanagi via TKO (Strikes)

Izanagi has a solid chin.  We’re not sure about Nig Nig as he showed powerful early on indicating he was a big of a strong youngster and that hid anything else.  What I do know to help me pick here is that while Nig has dished out plenty of finishes…he’s been finished a bit also.  Not under current management…yet…but surely under the prior.  I’m going with that as the advantage for Izanagi.

Main Event:

Featured Heavyweight Battle

3ef77d158adc7ff118ee9db695e48260.png

Fuentes prepares to welcome Tiotio to Sucker Punch country in our Main Event of the evening when these two big boys get down and dirty in London to finish up SPPS 166!

It’s clear that there should be one main thing on the minds of Fuentes and his team heading into this fight.  Avoid. The. Cuts.  Cuts have been plaguing this man over his career and despite having heavy hands to inflict damage himself…which he does very well with almost all of his wins coming via TKO and KO…those cuts are a recurring theme that just keep coming back to haunt him!  SIX of his last seven losses have come via doctor stoppages and that includes three losses over his last five fights.  That hasn’t stopped this man from earning belts at Underground FC, Enigma and SMASh over his career…but it has certainly factored into how long he’s been able to hold the belts.  I guess you take the good with the bad in this case?

Another former multi-promotion champion will stand across the cage from Fuentes when Tiotio steps in there for SPPS 166!  Humors Street Fights…Belt, Check.  WPFA…again, check!  Three managers later since moving on from Grumpy as his manager…Grunge…yep, new belt being led by Brocc Ogan!  Check!  And then again at CFC until he lost it to…hmm…More…IsMore? Is it though?  Anyways, he now comes to Sucker Punch as part of the merger and it’s been over three months since that title loss.  He’s gone 2-1 over that time with the loss to William Riker fresh in his mind as he prepares to do battle against Fuentes.  He’s also a nasty striker with a penchant for dishing out KO’s…so we might be in store for one hell of an explosion in the Main Event here!

Donkey’s Pick: Tiotio via TKO (Cuts)

Here’s what I see and it should be concerning for Fuentes team.  Fuentes has an issue with bleeding.  Tiotio has dished out multiple stoppages due to his heavy hands and at least two have come via cuts he’s been the one to serve up!  Most recently in May when he got to Bruno Neves and left the cage a bloody mess.  That’s not good news for Fuentes’ crew that their boy tends to bleed and this man they face tonight knows how to make it happen!  Get the mops ready!

We’ve got a lot of fun lined up for folks in London for SPPS 166 and this card is just screaming with multiple opportunities for quality ‘of the Night’ award candidates! For those of you in the area…be sure to get over there to the Wombley and join in for a night of madness!  For those who can’t…we’ve got you…with a fantastically produced THREE HOUR LIVE PPV coming your way!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1659102681SPPS167_Poster.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 167

You ready?  Let's go!  Yeah!

For those of you that want to know what we're all about, it's like this y'all, c'mon!

This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill, fifteen percent concentrated power of will, five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain, and a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

DJ Rumpler here with you again as we roll right into the second half of our double header events today!  I’ve got my sidekick, Donkey “Dan” and we’ve got SPPS 167 coming at you LIVE from Los Angeles and the Colliseum this evening!  Also intended to have my daughter, Risa Roo, look at the Undercard before Donkey and I stepped back in for the Main Card action tonight…but I have a feeling she’s just not going to get to it in time after being at the Pitbull concert last night.  So…you’re stuck with Donkey and I on a quick read for the Undercard as I also have real work to do today, haha!

No title fights on the card again this go round folks!  But trust me, if you thought Sucker Punch Pro series was hitting you hard and heavy in London with SPPS 166, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet baby!  SPPS 167 in Los Angeles has even more high profile fights on tap, even more aggression and pain set to be dished out, and at least three of the top fights of the day despite SPPS 167 and one of that other org’s (Syn) cards going off!  So what does that tell ya? That tells ya that SPPS 167 is about to rock the west coast…that fault line better brace itself!

I say let’s get right into this biatch!  So a quick word or two from our sponsor and merchandise partner here and then jump into detailed discussion for each contest this evening!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Do you find that you’re resting your fighters too often? Two, three, maybe even 4 times a week sometimes?  If that’s the case, you’re probably not supplementing their training, and if you are I’m thinking you’re not doing it with Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, which is Shadow Warrior Nutrition’s outstanding energy loss reduction supplement.  It’s the best money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting!  Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Welterweights

Lou Valentine v Shock Linewood

Valentine is my own kid and honestly was one of my prospects that I had the highest hopes for.  He was on a heck of a run for a bit as we ramped up the difficulty of his opponents but then we got into the “upper tier” range of guys and he just hasn’t handled it well against guys who are significantly older over the past four fights.  With a 1-3 recent run under his belt I need him to start showing more than he has if he hopes to stay part of my long-term stable.  That said, Linewood is another difficult test against a significantly more experienced opponent.  Deal with it Valentine!

Linewood, as I said, is significantly more experienced at 40 years old and arguably has the better overall skills.  He has struggled over his last two fights against Christiano and Lee so some may be starting to question if he’s now falling off.  He can prove that all wrong by dispatching my own kid here tonight and showing he’s still got “it”! 

Undercard Bout #2: Featherweights

Paulie Greene v Dirk Van Beest

If it weren’t for Greene’s morale being off a little bit this second fight of the evening would be one of my favorites on the night!  These two are awfully well matched in skills, with Greene having small edges in boxing, Muay Thai and wrestling, but not enough to make it a lopsided affair at all.  Give that morale issue a look and suddenly this fight looks like it’s anybody’s to take!

Van Beest makes his Sucker Punch debut after the merger with CFC brought him to us and wow…what a record he carries in with him!  MMA fight wise, he put up two QFC wins and then followed them up with THREE wins at CFC before dropping the only MMA loss of his career against Mordechai Kowalczyk in May. Since then he’s won two more against Mason Rogers and Antonio Zetsika and looks to be a point scoring machine on the cards at Featherweight.  Reminds me of Theksit Ruengruong’s guys!

Greene also makes his SPPS debut as part of the merger so these two know of one another well from CFC, but have never fought before.  Greene comes in off a loss to Azacca Trounvouche, who fights tonight, but had two wins before that.  He’s 2-2 over his last four and is looking to get ahead in the race with a win tonight. 

Much like Van Beest, Greene’s been a decision seeker ever since joining his new management team so we’re likely to find out which of these two is the more technically elite striker this evening!  Van Beest in the clinch or Greene with his kickboxing!

Undercard Bout #3: Welterweights

Abdul Rahman v Mister Lee

For our third fight that puts us halfway through the Undercard we step back to the guys who have been with Sucker Punch for a while in Welterweights Lee and Rahman. Both are fully prepped so you can expect a really solid go from both this evening with the only true separation in skills coming with Lee’s Jiu Jitsu.  He’s got a black belt over Rahman’s brown.

Lee’s win over Linewood last month had to let both him and his team take a deep breath finally after he’d dropped his prior three fights…and four of his prior five!  Once heavily favored to be a future face of the division here at Sucker Punch…even earning a title shot against Juan Christiano almost a year ago…he’s struggled against the top third of the division since.  While he had a couple submissions early in his career he’s been unable to capitalize on ground opportunities over the second half of his run so far.

Rahman came into Sucker Punch back in February and immediately started to look like a future contender in the division and potential champion.  He ran off four wins in a row with huge ones against Ziggy Ozbourne and Gideon Navarro catapulting him into the contender conversation.  Then, in a big opportunity for Top Contender status against Lankinen, he was unable to keep the streak alive and fell in the second round via a highlight reel KO.  Many have wondered since if that shook his confidence as he hasn’t seemed quite the same fighter with two losses since then, both via TKO and KO respectively to top tier fighters in Matsuzaka and Jinx.  So the question remains…is he able to recover and become championship caliber at Middleweight at 32 years old…or has the opportunity passed by and left him as more a gatekeeper?

Undercard Bout #4: Heavyweights

Solomon Pruitt v Parta Matti

Matti and Pruit are another pairing that are so closely matched in primary skills that it’ll be hard to pick a potential winner, at least going by that.  Both are also fully prepped here heading into SPPS 167 tonight so you can expect a BIG collision at these two Heavyweights initiate battle!

After being with Enigma for a long run, Matti enters the cage tonight for the second time as part of Sucker Punch Pro Series.  His debut turned into a TKO loss to Pedro Fuentes which had to be disappointing after he came in on a 4-1 streak prior. All but three of this man’s fights have ended…for better or worse, via KO or TKO so I think the approach we’re likely to see is…let those hands fly!!!  Sometimes the feet too. 

Pruitt comes in for a new adventure here at Sucker Punch after spending the majority of his career fighting QFC battles.  He veered away from those on one occasion and took a KO loss to Bobby Chunks in May with the Slavic Fighting League promotion.  He knew where his bread had been buttered though and flew right back to the QFC battles after when he won via decision over Ricky Rawse in July.  Now…he steps into the lion’s den with real, true org level competition and hopefully he’s come focused with a solid game plan.  TKO’s and KO’s won’t be as easy to come by as they were in the QFC, and if you want them, you have to break another quality opponent. Can he break Parta Matti?

Undercard Bout #5: Welterweights

Itchy Sinclair v Bald Martin

Martin will have the Muay Thai advantage tonight while Sinclair claims the ground with the better Jiu Jitsu here in this Welterweight battle that closes out the Undercard for us.  Both are fully prepped…like to see that…very much…and I’m expecting a good solid battle from both! 

Martin very much needs a win here as he’s dangerously close to that line we’ve unofficially drawn in the sand P4P wise.  He’s been back and forth with wins and losses since his arrival at SPPS back in February, a trend that has continued since his days prior at HFC.  For a stretch there at the end of the HFC days, into a QFC fight and then here at SPPS he started to finish his fights via TKO but over the past four months he’s fallen back to point scoring.  Both for and against with decisions tallying up to a 2-2 run over that time. 

Sinclair was also on a hot and cold run for a bit, stringing together trios of wins and losses at WCF and then going 2-1 at NRC prior to joining us here at Sucker Punch.  That trend has continued from NRC, with a 2-1 so far at SPPS here in the same manner…W,W,L…now…can  he get back to the wins rather than that loss that keeps creeping in now and then?  The losses seem to come when he can’t get the submission he’s striving for and fails to score enough points along the way in between to get the decision.  We’ll see how he adjusts against another decision fighter tonight…but I have a feeling this is going to be a battle to determine where the fight takes place…on the feet where Martin should prosper or on the ground for Sinclair?

Main Card Bout #1: Heavyweights

edba36502e38808010b7f05c8984e76f.png

Donkey and I still here after filling in for the slacker Risa Roo…and now with the Main Card we kick it off with a BIG one as Heavyweights Shavers and Fett are set to unleash the pain upon one another!  Both look fully prepped and that means we’ll get the very best from these behemoths tonight at the Colliseum!

Shavers has his work cut out for him this evening as Fett has a decent ground advantage and Shavers appears to hold only a small advantage in Muay Thai.  But he and his camp knew coming in to this fight that it would be a tough one, and one they needed!  He’s been rolling along lately, 3-1 over his last four bouts and 2-1 since joining Sucker Punch.  Only a loss in June to Zurauskas has slowed down this train…and tonight we’ll find out if he and his team have been working on that whole ground thing because Fett certainly likes to go there!

Fett defeated Zurauskas last month in a mid-first round TKO following some brutal ground and pound.  You can bet that due to Shavers’ struggles against the ground game in the past that he’ll be looking to put this thing on the mat as quickly as possible tonight.  Losses to Republic and Olafsson going back from the win over Zurauskas got Fett off-track a bit as he’d chalked up three wins in a row prior to that.  At the time he was well on his way to a potential Top Contender bid but now needs a win tonight to put two together again and start building back up that ladder!

Donkey’s Pick: Fett via Submission (Strikes)

It’ll be an uphill battle for Shavers this evening unless he can keep the fight on the feet.  And then he’s going to need complete focus, pinpoint accuracy combined with power for his shots and a ton of determination.  Just as you heard in the lead-in tonight, “This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill, fifteen percent concentrated power of will, five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain, and a hundred percent reason to remember the name!  If Shavers wants this, he’s going to have to dig deep and give folks a reason to remember the name!  But does Fett want it more?!?

Main Card Bout #2: Welterweights

f88fc59e676e872b4a00701cdcbb7644.png

The question on everybody’s mind as we head into the second fight of our Main Card tonight will be, “Is Jinx ready and has his team been able to focus on his preparation?”  Why?  Well, because manager P J Jones has been overseas…literally…as he’s out in the middle of the ocean for a side-gig work campaign at the moment.  We know he dipped in yesterday, so there’s a chance he’s got his boy Jinx all set up and turned over into good hands.  We’ll find out!

You can bet that Marky Mark and his boy Lankinen will be more than ready…and willing…to take advantage of any lack of focus if Jinx doesn’t come in with his head on straight tonight!  A challenger for the title against Konrad Wagner two months ago, Lankinen fell just short of claiming the big prize after he’d run off FIVE big wins in a row.  Since then a follow-up stumble against Christiano has left him sitting back down the ladder a bit but hungry to climb right back up there!

Lankinen is mostly a decision fighter although he’s also demonstrated a couple times to an unfortunate opponent here and there that he can dish the KO as well.  Jinx’s style is very, very similar.  He can serve up a finish in style as he’s done on several occasions to earn ‘of the Night’ awards, but his manager is well known for taking fights the distance and swiping it from the judges’ scorecards.  I expect a bit of a drawn out battle here tonight folks!

Donkey’s Pick: Lankinen via Split Decision

Jinx started to show some tendency to cut two fights back against Mason Jones.  Granted, Jones is a power puncher who can make a rock bleed, so that could have just been a fluke.  We may find out here tonight though as Lankinen can dish as well when he sees fit.  Combine that along with the potential for manager P J Jones to perhaps not be at the top of his game for preparation and I have to lean towards Lankinen here.

Main Card Bout #3: Welterweights

1579c326ae9bedac123c81bd56d8ccc7.png

Our final fight before the Main Events will see Curtis and Jones continuing the big Welterweight presence here tonight at SPPS 167!  And as the last of five fights for this weight class on the evening you can bet they’re going to bring one of the best fights of the night into the cage!  Both are fully prepped, so we should expect nothing less.

Curtis will hold advantage in most primary areas with the exception of Jiu Jitsu where he holds a purple belt to Jones’ brown.  Both fighters were on serious runs for a bit and looking at a potential shot to take on the champ but then stumbled in their last fights leading into tonight.  For Curtis, that stumble allowed Keisuke Matsuzaka to go on and not only challenge Konrad Wagner for the title, but win it.  Big missed opportunity there after four straight wins to capitalize and get the big shot for Curtis!  He and his team will look to get Curtis back in the cage tonight and back on top with his sensational striking game.

Jones went one step closer than Curtis last month when his TKO stoppage by the docs over Jinx in June earned him a title shot against Wagner in July.  Unfortunately for Jones and his team, Wagner came in with his elite technical striking on point and was able to impress the judges for five rounds without letting Mason land that power shot he’s made a name for himself with!  All of that said, Jones has hidden talent that he keeps in his back pocket and most opponents need to keep in mind the submission he pulled off over John Fuller in May…lest they end up on the receiving end of another by Jones! 

Donkey’s Pick: Curtis via Unanimous Decision

Curtis is very, very good with his ground defense so I’m thinking if Jones takes it there he’ll be comfortable defending.  This is likely to come down to accuracy and defense versus whether the big shot finds a home from either fighter.  If it goes the distance, Curtis has the advantage I think.

Co-Main Event:

Featured Middleweight Battle

2599d13302c48d0f44915510af6c610c.png

Our Co-Main Event will have longtime SPPS Middleweight standout, Landon McGuire, welcoming Frank Diaz to Sucker Punch after his run at SYN!  I’m sure a very warm, open-armed welcome as well!  No doubt…?  I think? Ok, maybe not!

Diaz had switched over to SYN after WCF unexpectedly folded between March and April this year. Things looked good initially as he ran off two submission victories to get things going at SYN, but then trouble arrived and he stumbled with three straight losses to end the run there.  So…welcome to Sucker Punch Diaz, a change of scenery and perhaps a change of fortunes!  If McGuire doesn’t rain on that parade that is. 

Diaz is absolutely about as elite as you get on the ground with elite wrestling and a red belt in Jiu Jitsu.  That won’t phase McGuire too much though as McGuire also has elite wrestling but a black belt.  He’s pulled off submissions over Craig Watkins in June and Barkley before that in April.  And my own Zambrano back in October last year.  However, he has fallen to a sub recently back in February against Derek Patterson, so the door is open for Diaz if he decides that’s the road to victory. It’s a dangerous road…but both of these fighters are dangerous all-around!

With two back to back wins heading into tonight and a 5-1 run over his prior six, McGuire is looking for the win here to earn a Top Contender battle and put himself one step away from a championship fight, something he missed out on when he lost to Silent Bob back in May!

Donkey’s Pick: McGuire via Unanimous Decision

This may be a sub for the win or bust situation for Diaz this evening as McGuire is an expert at getting the points he needs with the judges.  And that’s assuming that he doesn’t turn things around on the ground in his own favor.  I see more outs for McGuire in this one so I have to pick for him tonight in what should be a fantastic fight to lead into the final Main Event!

Main Event:

Featured Lightweight Battle

629b198dda139fa1d4c7bf187b130eef.png

And here with the Main Event of the evening we get to a fight that has all the good stuff on the line.  Almost.  No belt…but certainly a shot to go fight for one!  The winner between Alderidge and Urameshi will immediately get a title shot due to the temporary absence of Frankie Logan who’s been sitting in line ahead but doesn’t have management prepared to take on that run yet. So brilliant opportunity for these two and looking at things, they’re more than amped and ready to leave it all in the cage tonight!

Both fighters will find it challenging to secure a clear advantage heading into this one as only Alderidge claims better primary skills.  But not by much at all and only in Muay Thai and wrestling.  This is probably the closest matched fight all night in terms of pure primary MMA skills folks!

A two-time Lightweight champion from both Caged Warriors and Dynasty, it’s been almost a year since Alderidge has held the belt.  His arrival at Sucker Punch seems to have reinvigorated both him and his team though as he’s run off wins over both Pablo…er, damnit, I hate having to put this guy’s name in here…and Montesh Dominguez.  If there’s any weakness to Alderidge’s game it seems to be two-fold…he can win via decision…as he does often…but loses occasionally with the judges…and his submission defense seems to be a bit of a sore spot for him.

Urameshi makes his SPPS debut here tonight after slipping over to us as part of the merger from CFC!  Welcome sir, welcome!  He’s had big wins over White Rain, a top of the line fighter in the Lightweight division previously with CFC, as well as Masa Funaki.  He’s 3-1 over his last four while he was with CFC and a win over a top fighter like Alderidge will make him more than worthy of a title shot!  If we thought Alderidge was a decision fighter…well, Urameshi takes it to a whole different level.  This man is ALL ABOUT his technical striking and taking it to the judges with only one TKO over the past two years of his career. 

Donkey’s Pick: Urameshi via Unanimous Decision

A three-time champion…once at SMASH and then twice at CFC (albeit without successful defenses), Urameshi undoubtedly knows how to handle himself under the bright lights and what he wants to accomplish in the cage!  Alderidge will match that know-how as well, so we’ve got two very skilled, very talented, very focused individuals heading into the cage here tonight!  One of them will more than earn the title shot that’s on the line.  Can Alderidge finish…or even out-point…Urameshi?  That’s really the biggest question here. 

Alright folks, we’re hoping that the west coast draw here will bring folks in from all over for some prime Sucker Punch Pro Series MMA action here tonight at the Colliseum in Los Angeles!  It’ll surely be an atmosphere filled with electricity, there’s no doubt of that!  But for those who can’t make it, we’ve also got a fantastic THREE HOUR PPV with the best quality production money can buy all lined up for you fine folks!  Can’t wait to get the action going…and for those watching in the meantime, don’t forget that SPPS 166 also fires off seven hours earlier over in London!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kfuhrer said:

Great night for me. Bald and Sinclair was a great match and an exciting one to read through. My 3rd Draw in 11 years playing this game. Very fun stuff :)

Glad it was for you!  My two guys both took losses...again...I'm in a rut and can't seem to win to save my ass lately.  It happens, comes and goes in waves, but this downturn is ugly for me at the moment!  Valentine is one of my most talented fighters and I knew it was a tough fight but ouch...1-4 over his last five.  Just awful.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

Glad it was for you!  My two guys both took losses...again...I'm in a rut and can't seem to win to save my ass lately.  It happens, comes and goes in waves, but this downturn is ugly for me at the moment!  Valentine is one of my most talented fighters and I knew it was a tough fight but ouch...1-4 over his last five.  Just awful.

Well hes no Mr.Pickle 🤣

• Like 2

On 7/30/2022 at 5:31 PM, kfuhrer said:

image.png.921eb1736f0bbf7513d5af31cd829c83.png

Manager Mattias Lundgren (129504) made an error in one of his recent posts. So, we, the Billenium Squad, would like to make a correction for all of the fans of SP. 

image.jpeg.5b4f6dcf1195663bfbbcec66f6003726.jpeg

Some things are so rare that humankind will not be around long enough to see them. We can only theorize about the fallout or the realization of its importance -- things like the big bang.

image.jpeg.8cba4140d3b298e05a3e24e8afcd1a80.jpeg

Some things change time, for better or for worse. Like a white hole. Taking us back in time. To things we should never EVER be able to go back to, but instead dream about returning to once it's over.

Remember the best hotdog you ever had?
image.jpeg.541ed8853072ca268bed6b85a8215cae.jpeg

Times that by a thousand x1000 and you get this
Pickle Bun Reuben Sandwiches Recipe | MyRecipes

Times this by a number bigger than the human mind can comprehend; now you get!

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Akara  Kongsangchai  VS  14232416879438.jpg

Edward Mills vs Akara Kongsangchai

The ONLY fight that matters!

Hare, get your cheque book ready. This fight is bigger than Reuben sandwich pickle money!

Akara's high sodium pickle and pastrami diet has worked out well and just letting you know Mr. Pickle, that 145 lb Thai string bean is now walking around at a mostly firm 170 and he's got it all the fortune, the indomitable record, he's got the looks that drive the girls wild, he's got the moves that really move them, and in just 4 more days he's going to be the unofficial suckerpunch cross division invitational champion once he dominates Mr. Pockle with his signature move, the pickle cruncher.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, imcool said:

I don't have anyone in SP at 170 atm, but https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=361648 can come down for a one-off at 170 after his next fight :)

If you can get his rank up a bit closer to Jones I’d love to make that happen down the road here.